MXGP of Portugal - May 18-19

5/20/2019 11:27am
Barrett57 wrote:
It seems like it, in mx2 at least it might be because there is usually a kawasaki near the front of the pack. I also have...
It seems like it, in mx2 at least it might be because there is usually a kawasaki near the front of the pack.

I also have to say that Jacobis riding style is awesome to watch, super aggressive. It was great to see him fight with prado to the end of the qualifying race, no chance was he going to roll over for him.
Indeed,Jacobi’s riding style reminds me of Pit Beier‘s one,full gas,no prisoners and never give up.Cool
Motofinne
5/20/2019 11:39am
philG wrote:
The guy that funds F+H does industrial pellet burners.. he is not short of money. The team has full PC motor package this year, which does...
The guy that funds F+H does industrial pellet burners.. he is not short of money. The team has full PC motor package this year, which does not come cheap.
I was just going to mention that they are on PC spec bikes but what level of spec? Customer engines or something closer to what PC are on in USA?
Bidirella
5/20/2019 11:40am
philG wrote:
The guy that funds F+H does industrial pellet burners.. he is not short of money. The team has full PC motor package this year, which does...
The guy that funds F+H does industrial pellet burners.. he is not short of money. The team has full PC motor package this year, which does not come cheap.
Do they have a PC motor? I thougt that they got a in house tuning with dyno. But i could be wrong..

philG
5/20/2019 11:59am
Bidirella wrote:
Do they have a PC motor? I thougt that they got a in house tuning with dyno. But i could be wrong..

That was last year , this year they stepped it up and it shows.. Jacobi , Sterry , and Van Der Moosdijk are much faster than they would have been last year . Money well spent IMO. Next year they are going to be looking for 2 new riders , as Jacobi and Sterry age out.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/20/2019 12:02pm
Bidirella wrote:

philG wrote:
That was last year , this year they stepped it up and it shows.. Jacobi , Sterry , and Van Der Moosdijk are much faster than...
That was last year , this year they stepped it up and it shows.. Jacobi , Sterry , and Van Der Moosdijk are much faster than they would have been last year . Money well spent IMO. Next year they are going to be looking for 2 new riders , as Jacobi and Sterry age out.
I would bet money on Pootjes being one of the riders for 2020.
5/20/2019 12:07pm
Bidirella wrote:

philG wrote:
That was last year , this year they stepped it up and it shows.. Jacobi , Sterry , and Van Der Moosdijk are much faster than...
Motofinne wrote:
I think that’s pretty obvious.
Barrett57
5/20/2019 12:10pm
And the other rider Van Der Moosdijk? Would be a waste to spend another year in emx250, he clearly has the speed.
Bidirella
5/20/2019 12:13pm
Barrett57 wrote:
And the other rider Van Der Moosdijk? Would be a waste to spend another year in emx250, he clearly has the speed.
He got a contract for MX2 GPs next year with the team.
Bidirella
5/20/2019 12:18pm
Motofinne wrote:
Pretty good change.. He is having a relationship with the daughter of the boss and is at the end of his 5 year KTM/Husky contract so...

But riding for the dad of youre girl... Herbreteau will think different about that now haha!
Sideways
5/20/2019 12:20pm
Barrett57 wrote:
It seems like it, in mx2 at least it might be because there is usually a kawasaki near the front of the pack. I also have...
It seems like it, in mx2 at least it might be because there is usually a kawasaki near the front of the pack.

I also have to say that Jacobis riding style is awesome to watch, super aggressive. It was great to see him fight with prado to the end of the qualifying race, no chance was he going to roll over for him.
Bonanza69 wrote:
Indeed,Jacobi’s riding style reminds me of Pit Beier‘s one,full gas,no prisoners and never give up.Cool
Jacobis riding reminds me of RV!
5/20/2019 12:44pm
Motofinne wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
Pretty good change.. He is having a relationship with the daughter of the boss and is at the end of his 5 year KTM/Husky contract so...

But riding for the dad of youre girl... Herbreteau will think different about that now haha!
Did Herbreteau date Pootjes’ gf?
Bidirella
5/20/2019 1:15pm
Yes, he got a relationship with here. He got a ride with the team, but when they broke up he also got kicked out off the team... That was also the end of his GP career.
5/20/2019 1:19pm
Bidirella wrote:
Yes, he got a relationship with here. He got a ride with the team, but when they broke up he also got kicked out off the...
Yes, he got a relationship with here. He got a ride with the team, but when they broke up he also got kicked out off the team... That was also the end of his GP career.
He was pretty good on that Kawasaki if I remember.
roninho
5/20/2019 1:30pm
Well Pootjes should be getting a ride regardless. He was top 10 in points last year untill his injury at the end of the year and is firmly in the top 10 this year again. He has 2 or 3 years remaining in the class as well i think.

And for a Dutch team Pootjes and Vd Moosdijk is a nice lineup.
philG
5/20/2019 2:02pm
Pootjes is made of chalk.. many injuries.. he was the next Herlings that wasnt , Looks like he is finding his way back, which is good news, the Diga Procross team is a small outfit working out of EZ-Ups, but they run a tight ship, He fits well with no pressure. Like Mewse, he was factory before he was really ready and got burned out and dropped.
5/21/2019 12:05am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2019 12:07am
LOL, that's 1 way to say it. I'd say The daughter of F&H Kawa boss Harry, Nathaly had a relation with quite a few riders, Herbreteau was 1 of them, now it's Pootjes.
Cortami79
5/21/2019 12:23am
philG wrote:
My dad and a few others of our race club (Axel) got the opportunity to visit the race shop of F&H. The team owner indeed is not short of money and heaviliy invests in the team every year. He was blown away with the amount of parts they have for their bikes. Multiple floors of suspension sets, wheels, plastics, engines, everything. Hired de Reuver for training program, top mechanics, apartments for the riders and mechanics, and it pays off.
JB479
5/21/2019 1:35am
Id like to see Mitchell evans on a factory bike next year but He seems to fit into the 114 motosports team really well. I think livia lancelot is a really good manager. Would be cool to see hrc give him more support under 114 tent considering calvin ages out.
roninho
5/21/2019 1:44am
Well that depends on how much money HRC is spending on Calvin right now. I would not be surprised to see Calvin's MX2 effort being mostly funded by HSF. HSF is not going to fund Evans so i am not sure if there is much to be spend by HRC.
roninho
5/21/2019 1:49am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2019 1:51am
philG wrote:
Pootjes is made of chalk.. many injuries.. he was the next Herlings that wasnt , Looks like he is finding his way back, which is good...
Pootjes is made of chalk.. many injuries.. he was the next Herlings that wasnt , Looks like he is finding his way back, which is good news, the Diga Procross team is a small outfit working out of EZ-Ups, but they run a tight ship, He fits well with no pressure. Like Mewse, he was factory before he was really ready and got burned out and dropped.
Oh i agree he isnt going to be star KTM hoped he would be, but he will still be in demand next season by the non-factory teams. With Prado, Jacobi, Vlaanderen and Sterry leaving the class Pootjes and Mitch Evans are basically the only 2 guys in top 5-ish who are not on factory equipment. For a private team with money they both are great riders to have.

I don't think a factory team will sign him, so F&H is an attractive team for him. They have their stuff in order and money doesnt seem to be the issue. I'm not sure it is smart to rider for your girlfriend (she is actually the teammanager), but on the other hand it is a big upgrade on Diga Procross
5/22/2019 2:01am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Time for Searle to contemplate a life of well earned retirement
Really? I'll be the first to admit he is very unlikely to better Herlings again , like his mx2 days but anyone else doing as well as him in the Gps with BOS suspension?

Post a reply to: MXGP of Portugal - May 18-19

The Latest