MXGP of Portugal.

line-up
4/16/2018 8:51am
MXLarge: Antonio, you were not able to make it happen, but still came home with two seconds, so not too bad a weekend?

Cairoli: Not, its good. I am really sad for the fourth place in Arco, because it is between Jeffrey and I and if you one day don’t ride good and finish fourth, its hard to get points, because I know it always between me and him, one and two. It is frustrating, but on one side, I have a lot of experience and it’s a long season. Today I tried to make it better. In the first moto, I had a few problems in the start, not perfect, and then in the third lap I stalled the bike and lost some positions. Then I got a stone on my eye, but that wasn’t a problem, although my lens came out from the goggle, but I still came back to second. Second moto was good and I started pushing because I felt good. At one moment I felt my eyes was blinking a little bit and it was difficult to keep it open. I was pushing and pushing, but I wasn’t riding 100% relaxed. I saw Jeffrey was pushing and he got some seconds ahead and it was difficult to come back. Overall, I am happy with two times second, it’s a long season and we need stay there and try and win, when it is possible.

MXlarge: We are five rounds in and we have had five different tracks. Do you think that makes this a really good world championship?

Cairoli: Actually, it’s a very good season, the tracks are perfect at the moment. Also, they make good work after all the rain. I am happy with everything.

Cairoli-and-De-carli.jpg#asset:6660

MXLarge: I think last year, or maybe two years ago, you said the level hadn’t risen (with Febvre and Gajser arriving in MXGP). Now, with Jeffrey here, has he raised that level?

Cairoli: For sure, for sure. 2015 and 2016, I was not riding at all good and with injuries and stuff, but I was still able to finish second and win some GPs. It is always difficult to become world champion of course, because many things can happen. For sure it’s a high speed and I don’t think many riders in the world can keep our speed. It is really good, because at my age, I know I can still improve stuff, and it’s great to have Jeffrey always pushing the limit and it makes my motivation even better.

MXLarge: In terms of the points, are you hoping riders get better to take some more points off Jeffrey in some rounds?

Cairoli: For sure, but at the moment, I don’t see that. I just always need to be there, be good with the start and try and stay in front of him. You know, it is still ok, just 15 points or 16 points behind Jeffrey and a lot of things can happen, so I am happy. I know I can still work on some stuff and bring it better at the next races.

MXlarge: I know I have spoken to you at different times of the season, are you hoping to reach a peak later in the year, or are you there now?

Cairoli: For sure I am planning to be on form on 110%, but its not sure at the moment. I know last year I was strong in the beginning, and then I had a dip, and its difficult all season to have a good level. Maybe at the moment I am not at my highest level, but we have time to improve.
4/16/2018 9:02am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 9:12am
RG95 wrote:
I thought Cairoli was the whiner? What Herlings does every race is complaining all the times about Cairoli's start with the only purpose to discredit Cairoli...
I thought Cairoli was the whiner? What Herlings does every race is complaining all the times about Cairoli's start with the only purpose to discredit Cairoli, this is getting annoying actually. I mean Herlings is lucky Marquez is not racing in the MXGP then, you know what I am saying? So what would he do if Herlings were Rossi after the last few weeks.

Cairoli didn't even touch him and never did so what's Herlings point? Please explain cause I can't understand.
Herlings is a class-act for sure but let me say he is always been an arrogant rider, reason why I never liked him. Thinks he's the god with the balls that can tell anything, lol.
Sorry but humbleness comes first.
discredit Cairoli ? dude get real , thats ridicioulous ... you know whats annoying ? the constant excuses from Tony when he doesnt win , armpump , setup, lack of training , goggle issues etc etc ... every race he doesnt win he has one
And forgot about Herlings last season ? there was and still is no arrogant Herlings , he didnt make up excuses when he couldnt even make top 10 ... he said ..im just not good enough at the moment ... thats being humble
Years ago you could have said he was arrogant or cocky , but he def has changed with age where Tony is the arrogant one these days
make1go
4/16/2018 9:06am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 9:08am
ac loves his mental game, conditional excuses and tons of room for improvement...

Dont think jh is going to fall for it, not with his own tough 2 yrs to draw from..

And hes not making friends saying everyone else is "second class" (even if they are)
RG95
4/16/2018 9:38am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 9:40am
RG95 wrote:
I thought Cairoli was the whiner? What Herlings does every race is complaining all the times about Cairoli's start with the only purpose to discredit Cairoli...
I thought Cairoli was the whiner? What Herlings does every race is complaining all the times about Cairoli's start with the only purpose to discredit Cairoli, this is getting annoying actually. I mean Herlings is lucky Marquez is not racing in the MXGP then, you know what I am saying? So what would he do if Herlings were Rossi after the last few weeks.

Cairoli didn't even touch him and never did so what's Herlings point? Please explain cause I can't understand.
Herlings is a class-act for sure but let me say he is always been an arrogant rider, reason why I never liked him. Thinks he's the god with the balls that can tell anything, lol.
discredit Cairoli ? dude get real , thats ridicioulous ... you know whats annoying ? the constant excuses from Tony when he doesnt win , armpump...
discredit Cairoli ? dude get real , thats ridicioulous ... you know whats annoying ? the constant excuses from Tony when he doesnt win , armpump , setup, lack of training , goggle issues etc etc ... every race he doesnt win he has one
And forgot about Herlings last season ? there was and still is no arrogant Herlings , he didnt make up excuses when he couldnt even make top 10 ... he said ..im just not good enough at the moment ... thats being humble
Years ago you could have said he was arrogant or cocky , but he def has changed with age where Tony is the arrogant one these days
Herlings: "I had the balls to come here, someone else didn't" , you: "he def has changed with age" yep he must be changed so much, of course, definitely. Whatever you say lol

Let's just see if he still has the big balls this year to race the AMA national when he's racing to win the world championship? He's just an arrogant kid, that's it. I can't imagine Cairoli saying something like that in his position, no way. That's just an example of what I mean with discrediting Cairoli.
Still you haven't answered my question. What is Herlings been complaining about? Cause Cairoli is closing the door? This is what I call an excuse cause he can't get the holeshot, Cairoli is closing the door at the start he could close the door at the final lap as well, what's wrong with this? No contact was involed too.

P.S.: talking about balls when he sandbagged in the MX2 for 20 years, holy crap. He'd still be there if he could Laughing

The Shop

4/16/2018 9:45am
RG95 wrote:

discredit Cairoli ? dude get real , thats ridicioulous ... you know whats annoying ? the constant excuses from Tony when he doesnt win , armpump...
RG95 wrote:
Herlings: "I had the balls to come here, someone else didn't" , you: "he def has changed with age" yep he must be changed so much...
Herlings: "I had the balls to come here, someone else didn't" , you: "he def has changed with age" yep he must be changed so much, of course, definitely. Whatever you say lol

Let's just see if he still has the big balls this year to race the AMA national when he's racing to win the world championship? He's just an arrogant kid, that's it. I can't imagine Cairoli saying something like that in his position, no way. That's just an example of what I mean with discrediting Cairoli.
Still you haven't answered my question. What is Herlings been complaining about? Cause Cairoli is closing the door? This is what I call an excuse cause he can't get the holeshot, Cairoli is closing the door at the start he could close the door at the final lap as well, what's wrong with this? No contact was involed too.

P.S.: talking about balls when he sandbagged in the MX2 for 20 years, holy crap. He'd still be there if he could Laughing
Why does need to have the balls to race a National this year? He proved that last year. He doesn't want a big bike National championship, he wants the biggest one you can earn, WC.
Shaned9326
4/16/2018 9:46am
One thing is probably a given imo, if he shows up to one of our nationals he will walk the field again!!
4/16/2018 9:55am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2018 9:58am
RG95 wrote:
Herlings: "I had the balls to come here, someone else didn't" , you: "he def has changed with age" yep he must be changed so much...

LaughingLaughingLaughing
you sound butthurt he did so good in that race or you just realized your boy doesnt have the balls to go ?
and ask Tony why Herlings stayed in MX2 for so many years , he knows
kongols
4/16/2018 10:00am
RG95 wrote:

RG95 wrote:

Cairoli sandbaged MX2 class a lot longer than Herlings. He was what- 23-24 years old when he moved up?
kongols
4/16/2018 10:01am
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you sound butthurt he did so good in that race or you just realized your boy doesnt have the balls to go...
LaughingLaughingLaughing
you sound butthurt he did so good in that race or you just realized your boy doesnt have the balls to go ?
Haha, he sure does.
RG95
4/16/2018 10:26am
RG95 wrote:

kongols wrote:
Cairoli sandbaged MX2 class a lot longer than Herlings. He was what- 23-24 years old when he moved up?
lol kongols, how long have you been following MXGP for? 2 years? Cairoli sandbagged? Please, you gotta be a troll no doubt. You talk like MX2 is sandbagging what's wrong with you hahaha

Also why are you talking about xx years, I'm pretty sure you know when Cairoli made his debut and when Herlings did. Don't forget no age limit was required when Cairoli moved up.
RG95
4/16/2018 10:28am
RG95 wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: you sound butthurt he did so good in that race or you just realized your boy doesnt have the balls to go...
LaughingLaughingLaughing
Still waiting for an answer, is this the best you got? Awesome
kongols
4/16/2018 11:06am
RG95 wrote:

kongols wrote:
RG95 wrote:
lol kongols, how long have you been following MXGP for? 2 years? Cairoli sandbagged? Please, you gotta be a troll no doubt. You talk like MX2...
lol kongols, how long have you been following MXGP for? 2 years? Cairoli sandbagged? Please, you gotta be a troll no doubt. You talk like MX2 is sandbagging what's wrong with you hahaha

Also why are you talking about xx years, I'm pretty sure you know when Cairoli made his debut and when Herlings did. Don't forget no age limit was required when Cairoli moved up.
What? It was YOU who started sandbagging discussion. WTF
line-up
4/16/2018 12:36pm
LaughingLaughingLaughing
Herlings stayed in the MX2 class because he wanted to.
Actually, when in 2013 FIM proposed to change the rules in order to force him to the 450 class (he had a very lucrative offer from Monster and HRC to do so) he threatened to move to the US if they did not let him stay on the 250 for a few more years.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
4/16/2018 1:24pm
You guys really have a little too much time on your hands
S M H
ruy
4/16/2018 3:17pm
Herlings was very much in MX2 because he likes money a lot, that's all.
Shaned9326
4/16/2018 10:05pm
Well regardless of all that he’s definitely in the big boy class now and seems to have more speed than anyone at this time and they are fun to watch as they are railing thru parts of the track that just don’t look like they could!! As mailan said NFG!!!????
4/16/2018 10:35pm
Luckily Herlings rides with Oakley instead of the shitty Progrips. No problem of getting a stone to his eye.
Fiar
4/16/2018 11:55pm
Cairoli: i know i was strong last year in the beginning and later i get a dip.....yeah right!! Herlings was weak and gajser was running the red plate until he get injured. And that dip what he's talking about? That was when herlings stepped it up. But we will see how he is going to manage to be 110%
Fiar
4/16/2018 11:59pm
RG95 wrote:

Well said, thats exactly what it is!
4/17/2018 12:21am
kongols wrote:
RG95 wrote:
lol kongols, how long have you been following MXGP for? 2 years? Cairoli sandbagged? Please, you gotta be a troll no doubt. You talk like MX2...

kongols wrote:
What? It was YOU who started sandbagging discussion. WTF
Just leave him. He is a Cairoli fanboy, nothing he has said so far has made any sense.
Motofinne
4/17/2018 12:29am
Luckily Herlings rides with Oakley instead of the shitty Progrips. No problem of getting a stone to his eye.
I was going to say that.

I seriously can't understand how anyone at that level would ride with anything less than the best. Unless they get a pile of money.
roninho
4/17/2018 12:30am
ruy wrote:
Herlings was very much in MX2 because he likes money a lot, that's all.
Imo more a combination of a bunch of reasons like wanting to win a bunch of GP's, realising he is/was very young and still had years to race in MXGP. getting seriously injured impacting both preparation for the new season as well as his confidence, missing out on titles due to injury, KTM appearing to have a preference to keep him in MX2, KTM willing to pay him big $ regardless ofhim being in mx2 or mxgp, etc. etc.

keinz
4/17/2018 2:04am
And i was thinking, that this sandbagging shit is over by now. What else? Now he's sandbagging in MXGP. Maybe he have to move up to the moon?
tommyjif
4/17/2018 2:35am
Motofinne wrote:
I was going to say that. I seriously can't understand how anyone at that level would ride with anything less than the best. Unless they get...
I was going to say that.

I seriously can't understand how anyone at that level would ride with anything less than the best. Unless they get a pile of money.
If that's the case every rider would use the same gear. Wake up: they do it for a living, and they use what is the best compromise between money and performance.

Indeed you JH fanboys look like Tomac fanboys: let's wait another 6-8 races before claiming Championship domination...
Motofinne
4/17/2018 2:38am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 2:43am
Motofinne wrote:
I was going to say that. I seriously can't understand how anyone at that level would ride with anything less than the best. Unless they get...
I was going to say that.

tommyjif wrote:
If that's the case every rider would use the same gear. Wake up: they do it for a living, and they use what is the best...
If that's the case every rider would use the same gear. Wake up: they do it for a living, and they use what is the best compromise between money and performance.

Indeed you JH fanboys look like Tomac fanboys: let's wait another 6-8 races before claiming Championship domination...
Me? A Herlings fanboy? Hahaha ffs....

Mate, Cairoli is using horrible goggles for some weird reason. And there is no way that a company like Oakley wouldn't match what Pro Grip offers him. Cairoli having goggle issues is completely his own fault for using goggles from the stone age.

I actually want Cairoli to beat or match Everts title records. So i'm rooting for Cairoli here.
tommyjif
4/17/2018 2:52am
Motofinne wrote:
Me? A Herlings fanboy? Hahaha ffs.... Mate, Cairoli is using horrible goggles for some weird reason. And there is no way that a company like Oakley...
Me? A Herlings fanboy? Hahaha ffs....

Mate, Cairoli is using horrible goggles for some weird reason. And there is no way that a company like Oakley wouldn't match what Pro Grip offers him. Cairoli having goggle issues is completely his own fault for using goggles from the stone age.

I actually want Cairoli to beat or match Everts title records. So i'm rooting for Cairoli here.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but my comments were two, unrelated.

About Googles: i agree pro-grips are ugly, but I doubt a rock would have a different outcome on a rolloff mounted on an Oakley. Rolloffs are all the same as far as I know...
St Ann More
4/17/2018 3:28am
RG95 wrote:

kongols wrote:
Cairoli has 24 wins in MX2, Herlings 61. Herlings also won more titles in MX2. Who sandbagged?
Motofinne
4/17/2018 3:32am
I can't believe that people are still talking about 250 sandbagging regarding Herlings or Cairoli.

What about Osborne in US? He is almost 30 and he will try to defend both his SX and MX 250 titles? The people obsessed with people sandbagging should be all over Zach.
4/17/2018 3:33am
roninho wrote:
Imo more a combination of a bunch of reasons like wanting to win a bunch of GP's, realising he is/was very young and still had years...
Imo more a combination of a bunch of reasons like wanting to win a bunch of GP's, realising he is/was very young and still had years to race in MXGP. getting seriously injured impacting both preparation for the new season as well as his confidence, missing out on titles due to injury, KTM appearing to have a preference to keep him in MX2, KTM willing to pay him big $ regardless ofhim being in mx2 or mxgp, etc. etc.

This answer should be posted automaticly to every Herlings is a sandbagger claim.

He said it himself last year his plan was to move up after the 2014 season if it wasn’t for all the injuries, and that circle started that summer. He was only 19 years old back then and still everyone thinks he was sandbagging.
St Ann More
4/17/2018 3:37am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2018 3:37am
Motofinne wrote:
I was going to say that.

I seriously can't understand how anyone can be certain that wearing Oakley's would've made a damn difference!

It's hardly like this is a common problem with ProGrip goggles, I'd chalk it up to a freak accident to be honest!

Post a reply to: MXGP of Portugal.

The Latest