MXGP of Lommel discussion

Cortami79
8/6/2018 4:54am
roninho wrote:
Thnx Cortami for the update. What do you make of Dankers? I really like his riding style and when he has no issues he is very...
Thnx Cortami for the update.

What do you make of Dankers? I really like his riding style and when he has no issues he is very fast, but he always seems to have something in EMX. He clearly is faster then Raf Meeuwissen in the dutch races, but only has 3 points more in EMX at the moment. Although this class is stacked, and Dankers could easily end up 3rd in the championship with Hofer and Weckman injured.
You're welcome.

You are right. I like his riding style, but it seems like he didn't progressed that much since last year. In my opinion he always has something that throws away his chances of a good result. The crash at moto 1 wasn't his fault however, the rider in front of him crashed hard and as it was the first lap there was nothing he could do. He still is relatively small so we will see how he will do once he jumps up to the EMX250 class. Vd Moosdijk wasn't the strongest on 125 either, but with the support from DP19 he really is envolving really well. About Dankers, for the last part of the season he really needs some good starts. Once his starts are dialed in he will have top 5 finishes without problems. By the way, I never thought Meeuwissen would progress as much as he did since last winter, even on hard pack tracks he had some decent results. Last year he had huge problems to qualify himself.

Stress is an important factor for these young riders, and you can see that some can deal with that better than others. Brian Moreau for example crashed pretty hard in front of me during time practice, but could still find a good pace in the last minutes of the session to get a 2nd place qualifying spot. That shows some mental talent as well.
roninho
8/7/2018 4:36am
Cortami79 wrote:
You're welcome. You are right. I like his riding style, but it seems like he didn't progressed that much since last year. In my opinion he...
You're welcome.

You are right. I like his riding style, but it seems like he didn't progressed that much since last year. In my opinion he always has something that throws away his chances of a good result. The crash at moto 1 wasn't his fault however, the rider in front of him crashed hard and as it was the first lap there was nothing he could do. He still is relatively small so we will see how he will do once he jumps up to the EMX250 class. Vd Moosdijk wasn't the strongest on 125 either, but with the support from DP19 he really is envolving really well. About Dankers, for the last part of the season he really needs some good starts. Once his starts are dialed in he will have top 5 finishes without problems. By the way, I never thought Meeuwissen would progress as much as he did since last winter, even on hard pack tracks he had some decent results. Last year he had huge problems to qualify himself.

Stress is an important factor for these young riders, and you can see that some can deal with that better than others. Brian Moreau for example crashed pretty hard in front of me during time practice, but could still find a good pace in the last minutes of the session to get a 2nd place qualifying spot. That shows some mental talent as well.
Thnx. Moto 1 this weekend is exactly what 'frustrates' me with Dankers. He couldnt do anything to avoid that crash, that was just bad luck, and he fell back somwhere in the mid 20's. He then worked his way back to like 18th, only to drop back again, work his way back again and drop back again, and after that he retired.

He has that quite often in EMX. I don't know if it is mental or something, but he is not capable of overcoming a bad start or an issue & end up finishing in 10th and take the points. He showed last sunday he had the speed to win, but on saturday he couldnt work his way back up and stay on his bike versus p.15-p.20 riders.

If he would have that ability he would have scored at least 30 additional points in valkenswaard, lommel and france and be 3rd in points today.
ruy
8/7/2018 3:57pm

Jacobi says something to Jonass about his dirty pass in the second moto

The Shop

Question
8/7/2018 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/7/2018 5:25pm
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/08/07/279300/s1200_38544203_927248977459405_5100811655898464256_n.jpg[/img] Jacobi says something to Jonass about his dirty pass in the second moto

Jacobi says something to Jonass about his dirty pass in the second moto
Both can be frustated from this weekend (...) but when he will see the video:
- He will see Jonass's bike got an unexpected kick to the right. It was not intentional to get that close.
- Jacobi crashed alone on the berm, not from the contact. He could have taken a further outside line.
- Jonass was in front for a wheel so he could go on the outside line anyway, Jacobi was just too stubborn here.
- Jonass is #1 and was trying to salvage the maximum points in a (slipping) close championship fight with 4 rounds to go.

It happens, just a racing incident, I am just glad he is ok and that it was sand because it looked like a nasty quite high speed crash!
ruy
8/8/2018 7:33am Edited Date/Time 8/8/2018 7:34am
Jonass take down to the floor Jacobi wanting.

This year he almost did the same to Prado

ruy
8/9/2018 3:38am

The shower when leaving the track seems to have had a lot of acceptance among the riders
Jefro98
8/9/2018 4:24am Edited Date/Time 8/9/2018 4:26am
Question wrote:
Both can be frustated from this weekend (...) but when he will see the video: - He will see Jonass's bike got an unexpected kick to...
Both can be frustated from this weekend (...) but when he will see the video:
- He will see Jonass's bike got an unexpected kick to the right. It was not intentional to get that close.
- Jacobi crashed alone on the berm, not from the contact. He could have taken a further outside line.
- Jonass was in front for a wheel so he could go on the outside line anyway, Jacobi was just too stubborn here.
- Jonass is #1 and was trying to salvage the maximum points in a (slipping) close championship fight with 4 rounds to go.

It happens, just a racing incident, I am just glad he is ok and that it was sand because it looked like a nasty quite high speed crash!
This is 100% correct. I was right there on the infield when it happened. I actually shot the pass Jonass did in the big bowl turn a few moments before Jacobi crashed.

Ruy is looking for something that wasn't there.

ruy
8/9/2018 4:49am
Ask Jacobi

I'm already seeing how Jonass acts with the lines of others

Do not come with tales of Alice in Wonderland
DonM
8/9/2018 4:56am
ruy wrote:
Ask Jacobi

I'm already seeing how Jonass acts with the lines of others

Do not come with tales of Alice in Wonderland
Wasn't it Jonass that Jacobi cut over on in Loket....Both are known to be a little dirty with Jacobi riding a wide bike as he is dropping back because he gets good starts and is just off the pace of the top 5
Jefro98
8/9/2018 5:02am
Nevermind my earlier post, I forgot ruy is the 8 year old Prado fanboy around here. Dizzy
ruy
8/9/2018 5:17am
DonM wrote:
Wasn't it Jonass that Jacobi cut over on in Loket....Both are known to be a little dirty with Jacobi riding a wide bike as he is...
Wasn't it Jonass that Jacobi cut over on in Loket....Both are known to be a little dirty with Jacobi riding a wide bike as he is dropping back because he gets good starts and is just off the pace of the top 5
Jacobi is also not clean rider, but what Jonass does, Jonass does
ruy
8/9/2018 5:19am
Jefro98 wrote:
Nevermind my earlier post, I forgot ruy is the 8 year old Prado fanboy around here. Dizzy
Surely it's not the only thing you forget, it's normal, in your little head
DoubleA
8/9/2018 5:30am
Jefro98 wrote:
Ruy is just acting like most NL guys do with Herlings.
Cortami79
8/9/2018 5:33am
Jefro98 wrote:
DoubleA wrote:
SssshGrinning
Jefro98
8/9/2018 5:35am
DoubleA wrote:
Yep, just as bad.

I try to stay out of the bullshit but didn't pay attention for a minute there. Laughing
DeStouwer
8/9/2018 5:42am
DonM wrote:
Wasn't it Jonass that Jacobi cut over on in Loket....Both are known to be a little dirty with Jacobi riding a wide bike as he is...
Aka the José Butrón of MX2. Back when his starts were good, that is.
Bidirella
8/9/2018 6:31am
DonM wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
Aka the José Butrón of MX2. Back when his starts were good, that is.
Butron did it for years, Jacobi stepped up big time this year and its the first time in his career that he runs upfront, so you can take that one back Wink

Post a reply to: MXGP of Lommel discussion

The Latest