MXGP of Indonesia - Entry list

Olson
3/4/2017 3:19am
Yep wrote:
Tony went off course into all the mud/clay they pushed off the corner into a big pile, The Uddevalla soil is rock infested snot when it...
Tony went off course into all the mud/clay they pushed off the corner into a big pile, The Uddevalla soil is rock infested snot when it rains, actually you just count on it raining on the 4th of July weekend there. It's a Swedish tradition
Swedish GP is 20th of Aug this year.

The Shop

3/4/2017 3:55am
DeStouwer wrote:
From Lieber FB-page: "The weather is pretty bad in Indonesia today and the track is very muddy. Julien didn't want to do the Free Practice to...
From Lieber FB-page:

"The weather is pretty bad in Indonesia today and the track is very muddy. Julien didn't want to do the Free Practice to focus on the Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying Race, which he got told after the Free Practice that they were cancelled. Lap times from the Free Practice will count as Qualifying Race! Julien will be last at the grid tomorrow for the races in muddy conditions."

Bummer. Still has the Warm-Up to get to know the track.
This is a fucking joke... they better use last week results for tomorrow's gate pick, otherwise this championship is a total nonsense.
3/4/2017 4:14am
Did anyone else have no commentary?
Yep i just watched the WMX Moto 1 and had no commentary on it.

Pretty bummed out i was hoping to watch some mxgp / mx 2 qualifying races..
F.B
3/4/2017 4:18am
tek14 wrote:
Why would you bring all MXGP teams to race mud hole in middle of rain season? Yes - money and spot in calendar. Proper track or...
Why would you bring all MXGP teams to race mud hole in middle of rain season? Yes - money and spot in calendar.
Proper track or sand track would have been ok.. but fresh mud and rain no.
3/4/2017 4:24am
I just watched the womens race and i had commentary so no problem there for me, only 2 riders stayed on the same lap though al others where lapped. i think the track looked good enough for the big boys to go out.

I think that they should have picked the overal position of last week to line up if they decided after the free practice to cancel everything. Without noticing that upfront this seems a little unfair for riders that decided to stay in like Lieber did because they don't have that much equipment/engine's to waste like factory teams have on these overseas GP's
Rowlands
3/4/2017 4:33am
DeStouwer wrote:
From Lieber FB-page: "The weather is pretty bad in Indonesia today and the track is very muddy. Julien didn't want to do the Free Practice to...
From Lieber FB-page:

"The weather is pretty bad in Indonesia today and the track is very muddy. Julien didn't want to do the Free Practice to focus on the Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying Race, which he got told after the Free Practice that they were cancelled. Lap times from the Free Practice will count as Qualifying Race! Julien will be last at the grid tomorrow for the races in muddy conditions."

This is a fucking joke... they better use last week results for tomorrow's gate pick, otherwise this championship is a total nonsense.
Not a joke how can he expect to get a good gate pick without even going on track. How would it be fair on the riders who went out on track to use last weeks results ?

It's not the promotors fault the weather isn't in there side. Mad deceision from JL IMO.
tek14
3/4/2017 4:52am
No MXGP-tv commentary but it was pretty ok with proper 4-stroke sounds and some updates from track commentary. Just some spots needed to clear with bull doser and girls could have been ok.
3/4/2017 4:55am
Moens_Andy wrote:
I just watched the womens race and i had commentary so no problem there for me, only 2 riders stayed on the same lap though al...
I just watched the womens race and i had commentary so no problem there for me, only 2 riders stayed on the same lap though al others where lapped. i think the track looked good enough for the big boys to go out.

I think that they should have picked the overal position of last week to line up if they decided after the free practice to cancel everything. Without noticing that upfront this seems a little unfair for riders that decided to stay in like Lieber did because they don't have that much equipment/engine's to waste like factory teams have on these overseas GP's
Was you watching it on mxgp-tv?
DonM
3/4/2017 4:56am
DeStouwer wrote:
From Lieber FB-page:

Rowlands wrote:
Not a joke how can he expect to get a good gate pick without even going on track. How would it be fair on the riders...
Not a joke how can he expect to get a good gate pick without even going on track. How would it be fair on the riders who went out on track to use last weeks results ?

It's not the promotors fault the weather isn't in there side. Mad deceision from JL IMO.
If they would have communicated that "Before" the practice and not after then it wouldn't be a joke. He was saving his bike for the timed practice that they canceled after the free practice....pretty dumb.
3/4/2017 5:02am
Rowlands wrote:
Not a joke how can he expect to get a good gate pick without even going on track. How would it be fair on the riders...

It's not a joke when everyone was informed upfront. They should have stated that the Free practice was the only track time they got for gate pick that there would be no qualifying etc etc. This is a bullshit move they did. Not saying anything until both practices are done and then call it a day. In Lieber's case he does not have the same support the factory teams have and he's limited in his spare parts. And he decided that in order to be competitive he needed to sit out free practice and focus on timed qualifying and the qualifying race to save the engine / bike as much as possible ( PRIVATEER LIFE )
3/4/2017 5:07am
Moens_Andy wrote:
jep
With Malin doing the commentary ?
Moens_Andy wrote:
jep i had about 5 min without commentary and by the time the gate dropped he came on so i could be lucky
That's really odd, all I had could hear was the bikes & the track announcers. I thought it might have been water in the works. Fingers crossed it'll be ok tomorrow.
3/4/2017 5:11am
With Malin doing the commentary ?
Moens_Andy wrote:
jep i had about 5 min without commentary and by the time the gate dropped he came on so i could be lucky
That's really odd, all I had could hear was the bikes & the track announcers. I thought it might have been water in the works. Fingers...
That's really odd, all I had could hear was the bikes & the track announcers. I thought it might have been water in the works. Fingers crossed it'll be ok tomorrow.
i just tried again and now i don't have him either i must have lucked out earlier
PastranaWho
3/4/2017 5:42am
Rainy season . Rains everyday for six months, somebody forgot to tell loungo and his cronies.
Question
3/4/2017 6:13am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2017 6:20am
Olson wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/03/04/179609/s1200_Skarmavbild_2017_03_04_kl._12.28.41.jpg[/img]

Big guns for the championshop like Gajser, Brobby, Nagl, JVH and Desalle may have a long day tomorrow. I see at less 4 of them outside the top 5 tomorrow with mid pack grids. Herlings may save a lot of points too. It is exciting for me to watch different front runners, typical in mudders, but I quite agree that it is not really fair, at least the riders should have been given notice that there was a probability that the free practice would determine the grid position.
Question
3/4/2017 6:15am
Olson wrote:
[img]https://www.usanetwork.com/sites/usanetwork/files/suits_getlittup_1.jpg[/img]
Some people, especially women, pay fortune for that. I am sure the WMX class was stoke about it Whistling
Yep
3/4/2017 7:08am
Yep wrote:
Tony went off course into all the mud/clay they pushed off the corner into a big pile, The Uddevalla soil is rock infested snot when it...
Tony went off course into all the mud/clay they pushed off the corner into a big pile, The Uddevalla soil is rock infested snot when it rains, actually you just count on it raining on the 4th of July weekend there. It's a Swedish tradition
Olson wrote:
Swedish GP is 20th of Aug this year.
Which sucks, attendance should be down because everyone will be finished with semester
Olson
3/4/2017 7:55am
Yep wrote:
Which sucks, attendance should be down because everyone will be finished with semester
Except it's on a weekend and it won't clash with Gothenburg Marathon, Rallycross in Höljes and Power Meet for the first time ever.
bsharkey
3/4/2017 8:19am
Rowlands wrote:

DonM wrote:
If they would have communicated that "Before" the practice and not after then it wouldn't be a joke. He was saving his bike for the timed...
If they would have communicated that "Before" the practice and not after then it wouldn't be a joke. He was saving his bike for the timed practice that they canceled after the free practice....pretty dumb.
exactly Darien sayanaei did the same thing because he is sick
Yep
3/4/2017 8:32am
Yep wrote:
Olson wrote:
Except it's on a weekend and it won't clash with Gothenburg Marathon, Rallycross in Höljes and Power Meet for the first time ever.
The locals will probably still attend Sunday, but for the long haul families it means the semester pengar ar slut, back to work and a 3 day weekend is not attractive. Can see the camping revenue taking a big hit. Not good planning of the calendar for Uddevalla MK
3/4/2017 9:24am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2017 9:34am
That's really odd, all I had could hear was the bikes & the track announcers. I thought it might have been water in the works. Fingers...
Exactly what I had -- just the sounds of the bikes and the PA, most of which was in a language I couldn't decipher.

I mostly just wanted to see the circuit (and the mud level), so the experience was OK. But, man, that one chick dug in that Yamaha as deep as I've ever seen one go. And it wasn't 100% clear to me what happened to Livia; it wouldn't re-fire after she dumped it?

EDIT: It was kinda tragic/hilarious to see Nancy Van de Ven dump her bike shortly before the finish (while leading!), then struggle to hoist that beast back up on an incline in the mud; I felt for her. But off she went -- that's what having a near-two-minute lead will do for you.

3/4/2017 9:36am
Exactly what I had -- just the sounds of the bikes and the PA, most of which was in a language I couldn't decipher. I mostly...
Exactly what I had -- just the sounds of the bikes and the PA, most of which was in a language I couldn't decipher.

I mostly just wanted to see the circuit (and the mud level), so the experience was OK. But, man, that one chick dug in that Yamaha as deep as I've ever seen one go. And it wasn't 100% clear to me what happened to Livia; it wouldn't re-fire after she dumped it?

EDIT: It was kinda tragic/hilarious to see Nancy Van de Ven dump her bike shortly before the finish (while leading!), then struggle to hoist that beast back up on an incline in the mud; I felt for her. But off she went -- that's what having a near-two-minute lead will do for you.

Funny thing of this race the 3 ladies that went down in the start where , VD.Vlist , Papenmaier and Duncan all 3 of them made it up to places 4,5 and 6 so they crashed once and road solid true the end. Fontanesi still hasn't learned to keep it on 2 wheel she's all over the place if she would just settle down and ride with some thought she would be better off she's one of the most talented riders in the pack but she's just so nervous it seems.
3/4/2017 9:49am Edited Date/Time 3/4/2017 9:51am
Moens_Andy wrote:
Funny thing of this race the 3 ladies that went down in the start where , VD.Vlist , Papenmaier and Duncan all 3 of them made...
Funny thing of this race the 3 ladies that went down in the start where , VD.Vlist , Papenmaier and Duncan all 3 of them made it up to places 4,5 and 6 so they crashed once and road solid true the end. Fontanesi still hasn't learned to keep it on 2 wheel she's all over the place if she would just settle down and ride with some thought she would be better off she's one of the most talented riders in the pack but she's just so nervous it seems.
That start crash was bizarre; girls went flying! Good to see they picked it up. (It was hard to track without sound.)

Was Fontanesi the one dug in over the rear sprocket/brake? They had like six course marshalls tryna pull that thing out after the race. (Looking forward to Race 2.)
JB479
3/4/2017 11:33am
So are they doing track work for today? Surely they could doze off alot of the top mud? Or is it just soft the whole way through.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Indonesia - Entry list

The Latest