MXGP of Great Britain practice and quali discussion

jemcee
6/4/2018 1:06am
cookies wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265783/s1200_whiskey.jpg[/img] Here's Cairoli's super obvious whiskey throttle moment. Some people start the photo sequence 0.2 seconds later, so it gives a completely different picture. Notice the...

Here's Cairoli's super obvious whiskey throttle moment. Some people start the photo sequence 0.2 seconds later, so it gives a completely different picture. Notice the roost for the exact line they were on the seconds before.
Or 0.2 seconds earlier so it gives another completely different picture

cookies
6/4/2018 1:09am
cookies wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265783/s1200_whiskey.jpg[/img] Here's Cairoli's super obvious whiskey throttle moment. Some people start the photo sequence 0.2 seconds later, so it gives a completely different picture. Notice the...

Here's Cairoli's super obvious whiskey throttle moment. Some people start the photo sequence 0.2 seconds later, so it gives a completely different picture. Notice the roost for the exact line they were on the seconds before.
jemcee wrote:
Or 0.2 seconds earlier so it gives another completely different picture [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265784/s1200_02.jpg[/img]

This just proves my point. Cairoli desperately changing his line, probably with the hope to take out Herlings.
RG1
6/4/2018 1:11am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 1:12am
cookies wrote:

Look how much room there is to the inside of Cairoli at this point. Herlings gets on the throttle hard but is hardly turning at all, this is not intentional, but by the time he managed to start turning he had already drifted right out to AC's line and there was contact. You can see even more clearly from the GoPro footage that Cairoli pretty much just points himself in the right direction for turn 1 and Herlings comes straight across him
jemcee
6/4/2018 1:11am
cookies wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Or 0.2 seconds earlier so it gives another completely different picture [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265784/s1200_02.jpg[/img]

cookies wrote:
This just proves my point. Cairoli desperately changing his line, probably with the hope to take out Herlings.
haha are you serious?

The Shop

cookies
6/4/2018 1:12am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 1:14am

There.

I think its pretty conclusive, but if someone disagrees, all the best to their opinion.
jemcee
6/4/2018 1:29am
cookies wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265787/s1200_whiskey2.jpg[/img] There. I think its pretty conclusive, but if someone disagrees, all the best to their opinion.

There.

I think its pretty conclusive, but if someone disagrees, all the best to their opinion.
yes but where were they heading? If Herlings keeps going at that angle he'd end up in the mechanics area
He's already straightened (accidentally) the line he was in is just to the inside
RG1
6/4/2018 1:33am
cookies wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265787/s1200_whiskey2.jpg[/img] There. I think its pretty conclusive, but if someone disagrees, all the best to their opinion.

There.

jemcee wrote:
yes but where were they heading? If Herlings keeps going at that angle he'd end up in the mechanics area He's already straightened (accidentally) the line...
yes but where were they heading? If Herlings keeps going at that angle he'd end up in the mechanics area
He's already straightened (accidentally) the line he was in is just to the inside
Correct
kongols
6/4/2018 1:36am
It is pretty clear they both were going for a same real estate. Inside almost always wins. Cairoli made a mistake going so far outside in that tight corner. I don`t think he anticipated Herlings getting there so fast. After that he already lost his position. He never went to that outside in a moto2 when Herlings was behind him.
cookies
6/4/2018 1:43am
jemcee wrote:
yes but where were they heading? If Herlings keeps going at that angle he'd end up in the mechanics area He's already straightened (accidentally) the line...
The exact same can be said for Cairoli; Where is he going? His line is also heading towards the pits unless he changes directions. IMO he too the wrong decision to pin it.

Interesting thing is, Cairoli basicly punted everybody last year in Trentino. Yet the people he passed choose to brake instead of colliding. Everybody is repping that ride as last years performance of the year. Herlings makes one aggresive pass on him, and he's the bad guy. Cairoli is a fantastic rider, and with his speed & mindset it's probably a no-go to let Herlings pass him like this. No shame in that. Just dont blame the faster guy for taking your preferred line.
roninho
6/4/2018 2:05am
Herlings made an aggresive pass. Imo hard but still fair.
TC had the option to brake but didnt. If both riders are not willing to hit the brakes somebody will end up in tears.

I dont remember a pass by tc222 where the other rider fell as a result. I do remember a bunch of aggresive passes (lommel, trentino, thailand from the top of my mind) where the other rider simply hit the brakes and accepted defeat.
jemcee
6/4/2018 2:12am
kongols wrote:
It is pretty clear they both were going for a same real estate. Inside almost always wins. Cairoli made a mistake going so far outside in...
It is pretty clear they both were going for a same real estate. Inside almost always wins. Cairoli made a mistake going so far outside in that tight corner. I don`t think he anticipated Herlings getting there so fast. After that he already lost his position. He never went to that outside in a moto2 when Herlings was behind him.
He went outside cause there was a lapper on the inside but I think they got to him quicker than Cairoli thought (before the actual corner) which opened the door for Herlings to push him further out into that line.. remember they got very close (maybe touched) at the apex

Should mention I'm fine with the move, Herlings could've avoided contact but can see why he didn't care if they did hit, but can also see why Cairoli is upset with it
jamma10
6/4/2018 2:31am
I'm sure I saw Cairoli instigate the handshake with Herlings after the first race, he seemed more upset after the second race. Probably because he knew he'd done all he could to win those races and had been mugged twice by Herlings right at the death.

I dont think Herlings did anything wrong personally, but at the same time I can kind of understand why Cairolis emotions boiled over a little bit. It's frustrating when you get ghosted wide.
6/4/2018 2:39am
Aggressive racing, for sure, from both. Did Herlings take Cairoli out? Obviously. Was it intentional? Hardly. Herlings was so hard on the gas he stood the bike up which made him drift to the left more than he anticipated. Cairoli is smart enough to know he should have considered the pass done, but he probably rather risking a crash than letting Herlings by, so he pinned it instead. If you’re on the outside and don’t manage to get your front wheel ahead of the other guy the outcome is obvious, we know it, Cairoli knows it.

Two stubborn racers in a racing incident where both riders could have prevented the outcome by letting the other guy pass, but hey, that ain’t racing is it? ?
ruy
6/4/2018 2:41am

ruy
6/4/2018 2:42am

Question
6/4/2018 2:52am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 2:54am
cookies wrote:

There.

jemcee wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Correct
+1

It doesn't look as bad as RV vs Alessi but it doesn't look clean either lol. Anyway they were playing cat and mouse since a long time, it can be a racing incident but I guess more that Herlings wanted to show he can be bad too. It could have been really bad too for the championship's interest (wrist, shoulder, collarbone).
6/4/2018 2:57am
cookies wrote:
Haha I think Cairoli has enough race experience to know that would never work.

They both just got on the throttle hard because it was going to be a drag race to the next turn. Herlings drifted out to block Cairoli, Cairoli blew through the berm and came back across to the inside....it happens, racing incident.
Jefro98
6/4/2018 2:57am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What a move [img]https://j.gifs.com/kZWk9Y.gif[/img]
What a move

Robgvx wrote:
That was quite possibly the best pass I have ever seen. Incredible.
Agree and just wanted this GIF to be on this page too.
Flip109
6/4/2018 3:19am
On a lighter note, anyone see Herlings insta? Full gear, sweating his ass off still, bouncing around in the back of a truck or something after the race, trying to make it to the airport lol wtf
kongols
6/4/2018 3:35am
kongols wrote:
It is pretty clear they both were going for a same real estate. Inside almost always wins. Cairoli made a mistake going so far outside in...
jemcee wrote:
He went outside cause there was a lapper on the inside but I think they got to him quicker than Cairoli thought (before the actual corner)...
He went outside cause there was a lapper on the inside but I think they got to him quicker than Cairoli thought (before the actual corner) which opened the door for Herlings to push him further out into that line.. remember they got very close (maybe touched) at the apex

Should mention I'm fine with the move, Herlings could've avoided contact but can see why he didn't care if they did hit, but can also see why Cairoli is upset with it
They did touch at the apex.
louisb
6/4/2018 3:36am
Flip109 wrote:
On a lighter note, anyone see Herlings insta? Full gear, sweating his ass off still, bouncing around in the back of a truck or something after...
On a lighter note, anyone see Herlings insta? Full gear, sweating his ass off still, bouncing around in the back of a truck or something after the race, trying to make it to the airport lol wtf
Cairoli squad was after him???
6/4/2018 4:40am
Flip109 wrote:
On a lighter note, anyone see Herlings insta? Full gear, sweating his ass off still, bouncing around in the back of a truck or something after...
Yeah I see that, funny as hell. Shit was falling all over the place. Must've been going across a field.
ruy
6/4/2018 6:45am

Phenomenal performance of the Spanish in MX2; Ruben Fernandez running third a few laps, resisting the attacks of Covington and Iker Larrañaga with two solid motos, getting his best result, seventh, and that was his first race with his new team.
We will soon have three riders in the top ten in MX2.

brycepdh
6/4/2018 6:56am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265792/s1200_34386189_10211863192681816_3733902751617253376_n.jpg[/img]

How the hell does he pull holeshots like that consistently, gotta get annoying for the rest of the field when he just pops a bike length in front straight outta the gate.
Sideways
6/4/2018 8:00am
Im gonna watch the 450 races again tonight. Those two on that track is poetry in motion
keinz
6/4/2018 8:41am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What a move [img]https://j.gifs.com/kZWk9Y.gif[/img]
What a move

I think Herlings beats Everts with this move

hillbilly
6/4/2018 8:51am
Didn't AC brake check him the corner before?

The VMX race was redflagged for max99 dad taking a digger after a digger,he get up?
ruy
6/4/2018 10:03am
ruy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/04/265792/s1200_34386189_10211863192681816_3733902751617253376_n.jpg[/img]

brycepdh wrote:
How the hell does he pull holeshots like that consistently, gotta get annoying for the rest of the field when he just pops a bike length...
How the hell does he pull holeshots like that consistently, gotta get annoying for the rest of the field when he just pops a bike length in front straight outta the gate.

Although he has always had some good starts from the gate, as he is from the photo in 85cc, his was more to get the HOLESHOT in the braking to reach the first corner, as seen in this video of one of his first races with the 125, but since he is with the 4 strokes has improved a lot when leaving the gate.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Great Britain practice and quali discussion

The Latest