MXGP of Great Britain practice and quali discussion

6/3/2018 10:32am
crusty_xx wrote:
the impressive thing is that cairoli is actually having an amazing season. They're beating the rest of the field by 40 seconds more often than not...
the impressive thing is that cairoli is actually having an amazing season. They're beating the rest of the field by 40 seconds more often than not.
But Herlings is just a little better. Amazing

By the way how anyone could blame Cairoli for his moto 1 crash is beyond me. Herlings made a mistake, stood the bike up and rode straight into Cairoli... Not intentional but that's 100% on Herlings.
People are dumb I guess. SOmetimes I ask myself if some of the posters here have ever raced themselves or they just make comments to racing like a fat guy in a couch commentating on world soccer
I also noticed that mistake by Herlings, but that didn’t take him straight in to Cairoli. But Cairoli also turned pretty hard back towards the inside, not realizing Herlings was already there. Hard to blame anyone for it.

As for that poor attitude by Cairoli when Herlings slowed down after that 2nd moto, I think it was heat of the moment. After all they shook hands after the moto, and he said that second moto was clean and Herlings was just too good. Just imagine going that fast for a whole weekend, leading all but 3 laps today and finishing 2-2. Can’t blame him for being a bit pissed.
6/3/2018 10:41am
keinz wrote:
Cairoli extended his contract for two more years. But yes, he's not getting better anymore
Big fan of the guy but I have to admit I was a little disappointed when he did......I think he might be regretting that decision by the end of the year.
6/3/2018 11:03am
keinz wrote:
Cairoli extended his contract for two more years. But yes, he's not getting better anymore
Big fan of the guy but I have to admit I was a little disappointed when he did......I think he might be regretting that decision by...
Big fan of the guy but I have to admit I was a little disappointed when he did......I think he might be regretting that decision by the end of the year.
Unless of course Herlings goes to America for 2 years !
RG1
6/3/2018 11:11am
keinz wrote:
Big fan of the guy but I have to admit I was a little disappointed when he did......I think he might be regretting that decision by...
Why be disappointed? Even if he doesn't win he's giving it a damn good go. By signing for another 2 years he's making Herlings have to go and win it, he's not just handing it over. Fair play to him

The Shop

6/3/2018 11:19am
That would make the AMA 250 class incredibly boring.
Excellent fishing haha we all know why he had to stay down, Caroli and de Carli knew this was coming
cookies
6/3/2018 11:19am
crusty_xx wrote:
the impressive thing is that cairoli is actually having an amazing season. They're beating the rest of the field by 40 seconds more often than not...
the impressive thing is that cairoli is actually having an amazing season. They're beating the rest of the field by 40 seconds more often than not.

By the way how anyone could blame Cairoli for his moto 1 crash is beyond me. Herlings made a mistake, stood the bike up and rode straight into Cairoli... Not intentional but that's 100% on Herlings.
People are dumb I guess. SOmetimes I ask myself if some of the posters here have ever raced themselves or they just make comments to racing like a fat guy in a couch commentating on world soccer
Probably 95% here raced. It's a motocross forum, not F1.

Meanwhile I'm wondering if you're just mentally retarded for thinking it's 100% Herlings fault. Tough guy.
6/3/2018 11:22am
That would make the AMA 250 class incredibly boring.
Sorry forgot to mention the incredible depth in the ama classes, it's obviously the premier series
Snapper
6/3/2018 11:32am
RG1 wrote:
He's obviously going to fight for it, even if he does have an issue. There is no way he deliberately slowed to mess with Herlings. Not...
He's obviously going to fight for it, even if he does have an issue. There is no way he deliberately slowed to mess with Herlings. Not a chance. He's nearly 50 points down and winning is vital. If you think he dropped 3 secs intentionally you're deluded
even the commentators ( Joel Roelants) on motorstv mentioned it ..so i am not the only one to think so , Cairoli likes those tricks and...
even the commentators ( Joel Roelants) on motorstv mentioned it ..so i am not the only one to think so , Cairoli likes those tricks and has done it before , only didnt work this time so looks weird at the end .If he would have won it would be mentioned brilliant :-)
RG1 wrote:
You don't slow down to mess with a rival who has a big points lead on you. He had a clear problem, everyone at the track...
You don't slow down to mess with a rival who has a big points lead on you. He had a clear problem, everyone at the track could see it, the on circuit commentators mentioned it. I don't know what else to tell you.
How do you explain what happened in Trentino? Started messing with him in the third corner of one of the races...
6/3/2018 11:35am
Snapper wrote:
How do you explain what happened in Trentino? Started messing with him in the third corner of one of the races...
long term memories on here are rare
RG1
6/3/2018 11:41am
even the commentators ( Joel Roelants) on motorstv mentioned it ..so i am not the only one to think so , Cairoli likes those tricks and...
even the commentators ( Joel Roelants) on motorstv mentioned it ..so i am not the only one to think so , Cairoli likes those tricks and has done it before , only didnt work this time so looks weird at the end .If he would have won it would be mentioned brilliant :-)
RG1 wrote:
You don't slow down to mess with a rival who has a big points lead on you. He had a clear problem, everyone at the track...
You don't slow down to mess with a rival who has a big points lead on you. He had a clear problem, everyone at the track could see it, the on circuit commentators mentioned it. I don't know what else to tell you.
Snapper wrote:
They were right together and tied on points in the championship. He didn't slow down to deliberately mess with Herlings. Herlings was by far the better man on the day, and caught him fair and sqaure. Cairoli tried to break his rhythm and it didn't work. It honest boggles the mind that anyone would think he would deliberately drop back and mess with Herlings when he has such a points deficit. He can't afford to risk losing points
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/3/2018 11:58am
crusty_xx wrote:

cookies wrote:
Probably 95% here raced. It's a motocross forum, not F1.

Meanwhile I'm wondering if you're just mentally retarded for thinking it's 100% Herlings fault. Tough guy.
Sorry to offend you mister NLD

If the roles were reversed you and RichardHerlings would be blaming Cairoli for drifting so wide and running straight into Herlings' line
6/3/2018 12:17pm
RG1 wrote:
Snapper wrote:
RG1 wrote:
They were right together and tied on points in the championship. He didn't slow down to deliberately mess with Herlings. Herlings was by far the better...
They were right together and tied on points in the championship. He didn't slow down to deliberately mess with Herlings. Herlings was by far the better man on the day, and caught him fair and sqaure. Cairoli tried to break his rhythm and it didn't work. It honest boggles the mind that anyone would think he would deliberately drop back and mess with Herlings when he has such a points deficit. He can't afford to risk losing points
Didn't you use to be a Herlings fanboy?
6/3/2018 12:17pm Edited Date/Time 6/3/2018 12:20pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Sorry to offend you mister NLD If the roles were reversed you and RichardHerlings would be blaming Cairoli for drifting so wide and running straight into...

If the roles were reversed you and RichardHerlings would be blaming Cairoli for drifting so wide and running straight into Herlings' line
i dont care ... some people blame Herlings for the crash and some Cairoli
you got your opinion on the situation , like we all have .. doesnt mean youre right
RG1
6/3/2018 12:31pm
Snapper wrote:
RG1 wrote:
They were right together and tied on points in the championship. He didn't slow down to deliberately mess with Herlings. Herlings was by far the better...
Didn't you use to be a Herlings fanboy?
I am a fan of Herlings. But I am also a fan and have a lot of respect for Tony. I don't see why it has to be one or the other? If you can't respect a guy who has 9 world titles and is still riding at an unbelievable level after so many years then there's something wrong with you
Bidirella
6/3/2018 12:32pm
2018,19 and 2020 I believe he is gonna win for sure 1 title and get that nr 10 title. Im a Herlings fan but to be honest i dont see him those 3 years injury Free..

Herlings will be the fastest and stronger rider, but Cairoli is always right there and when the mistake or injury comes, he will get it.

cookies
6/3/2018 12:47pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Sorry to offend you mister NLD If the roles were reversed you and RichardHerlings would be blaming Cairoli for drifting so wide and running straight into...

i dont care ... some people blame Herlings for the crash and some Cairoli you got your opinion on the situation , like we all have...
you got your opinion on the situation , like we all have .. doesnt mean youre right
Exactly this. But when people disagree you're a dumb fat fuck according to his logic.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/3/2018 5:10pm
crusty_xx wrote:

i dont care ... some people blame Herlings for the crash and some Cairoli you got your opinion on the situation , like we all have...
cookies wrote:
Exactly this. But when people disagree you're a dumb fat fuck according to his logic.
Some things are so clear that they aren't a matter of opinion.
It's like saying I don't believe Cairoli went down in that battle...

I mean he literally took the way outside line. He was going one line further to the inside all moto. He let off the gas after he looked over and saw Herlings heading straight towards him - too late.

bsharkey
6/3/2018 8:55pm
Anyone know what happened to darian in mx2.
brycepdh
6/3/2018 9:00pm
Beaton has broken both of his legs, details about each leg are unknown. Apparently his bike stopped on the up ramp of the biggest jump on the track
hamncheeze
6/3/2018 9:04pm
bsharkey wrote:
Anyone know what happened to darian in mx2.
In moto 2 he crashed on the opening lap in a turn and was hobbling back to the bike. Not sure if the knee was too weak to race.

Tough day for TKO, the Husky grenaded both motos.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
6/3/2018 10:24pm
just me or does this GP remind you of High Point national visually? beautiful track
6/4/2018 12:19am
crusty_xx wrote:
Some things are so clear that they aren't a matter of opinion. It's like saying I don't believe Cairoli went down in that battle... I mean...

I mean he literally took the way outside line. He was going one line further to the inside all moto. He let off the gas after he looked over and saw Herlings heading straight towards him - too late.

I usually agree with you but not on this one. He was way outside, but also looked over, saw Herlings and grabbed a handful of throttle and tried to get back to the inside but Herlings was already there and had the momentum. I believe 100% Herlings saw his chance and was looking to take Cairoli wide, but he wasn’t planning on taking his front wheel like that. It doesn’t need to be someones fault everytime.
Robgvx
6/4/2018 12:53am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
What a move [img]https://j.gifs.com/kZWk9Y.gif[/img]
What a move

That was quite possibly the best pass I have ever seen. Incredible.
cookies
6/4/2018 12:58am
crusty_xx wrote:
Some things are so clear that they aren't a matter of opinion. It's like saying I don't believe Cairoli went down in that battle... I mean...

I usually agree with you but not on this one. He was way outside, but also looked over, saw Herlings and grabbed a handful of throttle...
I usually agree with you but not on this one. He was way outside, but also looked over, saw Herlings and grabbed a handful of throttle and tried to get back to the inside but Herlings was already there and had the momentum. I believe 100% Herlings saw his chance and was looking to take Cairoli wide, but he wasn’t planning on taking his front wheel like that. It doesn’t need to be someones fault everytime.
But it is so clear! Pinch

Same way many see it; Herlings aggresively took the inside line, Cairoli was outside, gave a handfull of throttle to try and take the line back, and it didn't work. Herlings never intended to cut off Cairoli after the turn. It was Cairoli who slammed in the side. "If you can't see this, you've probably never raced. Oh, and Fat & trying to be cool keyboard warrior."
cookies
6/4/2018 1:03am Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 1:04am

Here's Cairoli's super obvious whiskey throttle moment. Some people start the photo sequence 0.2 seconds later, so it gives a completely different picture. Notice the roost for the exact line they were on the seconds before.
RG1
6/4/2018 1:03am
crusty_xx wrote:

I usually agree with you but not on this one. He was way outside, but also looked over, saw Herlings and grabbed a handful of throttle...
cookies wrote:
But it is so clear! :pinch: Same way many see it; Herlings aggresively took the inside line, Cairoli was outside, gave a handfull of throttle to...
But it is so clear! Pinch

Same way many see it; Herlings aggresively took the inside line, Cairoli was outside, gave a handfull of throttle to try and take the line back, and it didn't work. Herlings never intended to cut off Cairoli after the turn. It was Cairoli who slammed in the side. "If you can't see this, you've probably never raced. Oh, and Fat & trying to be cool keyboard warrior."
Cairoli didn't come back any where near as much as Herlings came wide. If you look at where Herlings starts to turn to where he actually ends up he drifts a long way wide, and there was acres of room on the inside for Herlings to ride into without running into him

Post a reply to: MXGP of Great Britain practice and quali discussion

The Latest