MXGP of France - Saint Jean d'Angely discussion

hamncheeze
6/11/2018 10:13am
I think it was discussed bit yesterday, but Tony sure made his frustration known toward Coldenhoff with that whip in his face. One has to wonder how icy it really is between the two KTM teams, especially if this Prado vs Jonass thing starts to heat up as well? Could make for an interesting 2nd half of the season.
St Ann More
6/11/2018 10:22am Edited Date/Time 6/11/2018 10:25am
Flip109 wrote:
Hell yeah im with this. Has nothing to do with the top guys not being in shape. Herlings is just faster. Maybe faster than anyone has...
Hell yeah im with this. Has nothing to do with the top guys not being in shape. Herlings is just faster. Maybe faster than anyone has ever been. Nobody can touch him most of the time. Until he is done or burned out, and starts slowing down, it’s over baring an injury or bad crash that maybe scares some speed out of him lol.
NateDawg wrote:
Don't know how you could say Herlings is going the fastest ever when it's still a legitimate debate wins the fastest in the world right now...
Don't know how you could say Herlings is going the fastest ever when it's still a legitimate debate wins the fastest in the world right now. I've never viewed Cairoli as a flat out speed guy. He's one of the best champions of all time, but there have been many riders that are flat out faster. He's won a lot from endurance and consistency. For instance, Tomac absolutely annihilated him when he went 4-0 at the USGPs a few years ago. Herlings may have AC covered in speed, but he hasn't proven he's consistently quicker than Tomac.

And as for the other top GP guys, if they were in the AMA I think they would be about where Marvin is right now. Musquin would be a constant challenge to everyone except AC and JH. That still puts Tomac and Roczen well above them. I personally think both of those guys would give Herlings fits in a full championship. I also think RC would handily beat Roczen and Tomac outdoors so Herlings has a long way to go before he can even be mentioned with Carmichael.
a) Cairoli finished outside of the top ten in both motos in Charlotte.
b) Had won only 4 out of his last 46 MXGP moto's.
c) Largely spent the previous 24 months struggling with injuries.

Did you really expect him to challenge Eli?

St Ann More
6/11/2018 10:47am
500guy wrote:
Herlings is riding great, is He riding like one of the fastest ever ? = Hell yes! is it just a tad early to give him...
Herlings is riding great, is He riding like one of the fastest ever ? = Hell yes!

is it just a tad early to give him Everts and Rc's crowns ? = just a little

He caught and passed Cairoli so easy it was anticlimactic
dkg wrote:
Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. Or are we...
Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. Or are we just watching the passing of the torch?

P.s. I put Cairoli in the category of MX royalty.
RG1 wrote:
I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. Herlings is working harder...
I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. Herlings is working harder than probably anybody in the sport right now and it shows every single weekend. If you come into the season under prepared you can't make that up mid-season. I wouldn't write Cairoli off yet though, everybody already did that once when he lost the title 2 years in a row, and he came and won it back
DV called it on Pulp pre-season. Cairoli had too many off-season distractions, Herlings is hungry.

The Shop

ruy
6/11/2018 11:03am
RG1 wrote:
I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. Prado is destined to become...
I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. Prado is destined to become one of the stars of the sport and Larranaga and Fernandez are both showing great potential. It's great to see
And I think Larrañaga would be better if he competed in the Supercross AMA, I think he would get better results there than in Motocross.
ruy
6/11/2018 11:15am
RG1 wrote:
I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. Prado is destined to become...
I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. Prado is destined to become one of the stars of the sport and Larranaga and Fernandez are both showing great potential. It's great to see
roninho wrote:
For spanish mx I just hope Prado stays in Europe. It's a shame the German fans are missing out on Ken Roczen in MXGP, and it...
For spanish mx I just hope Prado stays in Europe. It's a shame the German fans are missing out on Ken Roczen in MXGP, and it would be a shame if the same happens to Prado.
Don't get me wrong i fully understand why Roczen went to the USA and good for him, but for the popularity of MX in Germany it would have been great if he had stayed.
Yes you're right.
Since he's with De Carli, Cairoli and Italy, Jorge says he wants to stay in Europe,and move to 450 here, after maybe one day in the future will go to USA.
So we are lucky that at least it will be a few years in the old Europe.Smile

RG1
6/11/2018 2:26pm
dkg wrote:
Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. Or are we...
Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. Or are we just watching the passing of the torch?

P.s. I put Cairoli in the category of MX royalty.
RG1 wrote:
I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. Herlings is working harder...
I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. Herlings is working harder than probably anybody in the sport right now and it shows every single weekend. If you come into the season under prepared you can't make that up mid-season. I wouldn't write Cairoli off yet though, everybody already did that once when he lost the title 2 years in a row, and he came and won it back
DV called it on Pulp pre-season. Cairoli had too many off-season distractions, Herlings is hungry.

I agree. This week was a prime example of it. Herlings was motoing down, Cairoli was driving an F1 car. Same could be said for his rallying. I don't blame Tony for it, but you can't hope to beat someone like Herlings who is as determined as ever and has everything in perfect order, if you aren't prepared to the same level. This is why I say I think there's more there to come from Cairoli
roninho
6/12/2018 12:05am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2018 12:09am
RG1 wrote:
I agree. This week was a prime example of it. Herlings was motoing down, Cairoli was driving an F1 car. Same could be said for his...
I agree. This week was a prime example of it. Herlings was motoing down, Cairoli was driving an F1 car. Same could be said for his rallying. I don't blame Tony for it, but you can't hope to beat someone like Herlings who is as determined as ever and has everything in perfect order, if you aren't prepared to the same level. This is why I say I think there's more there to come from Cairoli
I understand what you are saying, but in terms of what TC is showing on track i don't see a guy that has prefered other stuff during the offseason.

i saw TC fighting till the last second (and closing in rapidly) to pass Desalle for 2nd in moto 1. Same in the previous GP's, the guy has a great pace untill the end of the moto's. I don't see a fitness issue.
He is also beating the competition (except for Herlings obviously) by margins and points like he never has during his championship years. I feel he is on top of his game.

I havent seen anything to suggest Herlings is ahead of the rest of the field in terms of fitness levels, but he has improved compared to last season. So yeah he has done his homework. And obviously he has transformed into someone who is simply much faster then his competition on the 450.
RG1
6/12/2018 12:32am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2018 12:40am
RG1 wrote:
I agree. This week was a prime example of it. Herlings was motoing down, Cairoli was driving an F1 car. Same could be said for his...
roninho wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but in terms of what TC is showing on track i don't see a guy that has prefered other stuff...
I understand what you are saying, but in terms of what TC is showing on track i don't see a guy that has prefered other stuff during the offseason.

i saw TC fighting till the last second (and closing in rapidly) to pass Desalle for 2nd in moto 1. Same in the previous GP's, the guy has a great pace untill the end of the moto's. I don't see a fitness issue.
He is also beating the competition (except for Herlings obviously) by margins and points like he never has during his championship years. I feel he is on top of his game.

I havent seen anything to suggest Herlings is ahead of the rest of the field in terms of fitness levels, but he has improved compared to last season. So yeah he has done his homework. And obviously he has transformed into someone who is simply much faster then his competition on the 450.
He did charge right till the end of Moto 1, but he was also well short in Moto 2 for the last 5 mins. I'm not saying his fitness is terrible, I just think that it could be/has been better in the past. I feel like he was in better shape coming into last season than he was this season
6/12/2018 12:55am
RG1 wrote:
roninho wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but in terms of what TC is showing on track i don't see a guy that has prefered other stuff...

RG1 wrote:
He did charge right till the end of Moto 1, but he was also well short in Moto 2 for the last 5 mins. I'm not...
He did charge right till the end of Moto 1, but he was also well short in Moto 2 for the last 5 mins. I'm not saying his fitness is terrible, I just think that it could be/has been better in the past. I feel like he was in better shape coming into last season than he was this season
Has Cairoli had to push that much for the whole motos before? Who knows, maybe his fitness is as good as it's been, but with this Herlings insanity he has to push much more and longer than before, and that wears him out. Also being continuoysly passed by the same guy, no matter where he starts, makes him work harder mentally and physically, which is very exhausting.
roninho
6/12/2018 3:32am
roninho wrote:

RG1 wrote:
He did charge right till the end of Moto 1, but he was also well short in Moto 2 for the last 5 mins. I'm not...
74 wrote:
Has Cairoli had to push that much for the whole motos before? Who knows, maybe his fitness is as good as it's been, but with this...
Has Cairoli had to push that much for the whole motos before? Who knows, maybe his fitness is as good as it's been, but with this Herlings insanity he has to push much more and longer than before, and that wears him out. Also being continuoysly passed by the same guy, no matter where he starts, makes him work harder mentally and physically, which is very exhausting.
Exactly, that is what i am trying to say. Either all his 'old' competitors have slowed down, or he has increased his performance.
6/12/2018 7:27am
Cairoli was pushing as hard as he could that second moto. Then he sees on his pitboard that Herlings is closing a 10 second gap in 3 or 4 laps. You just break when that happens. Has nothin to do with fitness, Caroli tried his best and knew he could never follow Herlings and dropped his pace when he got passed.
cookies
6/12/2018 10:32am Edited Date/Time 6/12/2018 10:32am
ruy wrote:
http://mxargentina.com/herlings-en-usa/ Interesting interview with Herlings where he talks about his competitions in the USA and that he will never run a full championship there [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/12/267647/s1200_152790_Jeffrey_Herlings_Jorge_Prado_KTM_250_SX_F_Charlotte_2016.jpg[/img]
http://mxargentina.com/herlings-en-usa/

Interesting interview with Herlings where he talks about his competitions in the USA and that he will never run a full championship there
Why would he? He's the king of the most prestigious motocross class in the world with an income only few can dream of. There's literally nothing to gain there for Herlings.

I can understand other guys wanting to go to the states tho, Herlings will probably be on top for a long time, and the competition in MXGP is very tough in the top 10. So unless you're true championship material, you best take your chances in the states.
Helder
6/12/2018 9:33pm
ruy wrote:
http://mxargentina.com/herlings-en-usa/ Interesting interview with Herlings where he talks about his competitions in the USA and that he will never run a full championship there [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/12/267647/s1200_152790_Jeffrey_Herlings_Jorge_Prado_KTM_250_SX_F_Charlotte_2016.jpg[/img]
http://mxargentina.com/herlings-en-usa/

Interesting interview with Herlings where he talks about his competitions in the USA and that he will never run a full championship there
Dude I cant ran Spanish haha

Post a reply to: MXGP of France - Saint Jean d'Angely discussion

The Latest