MXGP of France - Saint Jean d'Angely discussion

Related:
Create New Tag

6/10/2018 7:06 PM

Another Masterpiece by herlings. Sorry Tony times up.

|

6/10/2018 8:40 PM

Did Herlings win again? smile

|

6/11/2018 12:43 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Photo
|

6/11/2018 1:27 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

AC222 is as good, if not better, than he´s ever been. He would have won one of his easiest titles this year if it wasnt for this little hickup called Herlings tongue With AC beeing the legend he is - and beeing on the top of his game - just shows you how incredible JH84 is right now.

That beeing said, one DNF from Herlings and AC is back in it. It´s a lot of races left to go and Cairoli didnt win all his titles on dominating every race. He knows how to play the long game.

|

6/11/2018 1:36 AM

cbuehler767 wrote:

Wtf are you on about? Herlings has exactly zero 450 titles and he's getting put in the same sentences as the GOAT and us ...more

the fact that dumbasses like you keep posting SHIT not relevant to the RACE thread..

i dont give a fck about who was racing back then, i only care about watching and enjoying whos racing today and tomorrow..

get it?

|

6/11/2018 1:44 AM

Sounds like you need a safe space

|

6/11/2018 1:47 AM

make1go wrote:

dumb as fck yanks spoiling a RACE THREAD that is a protected space.....when its about ama...

so lame that admin dont bother

...more

cbuehler767 wrote:

Wtf are you on about? Herlings has exactly zero 450 titles and he's getting put in the same sentences as the GOAT and us ...more

make1go wrote:

the fact that dumbasses like you keep posting SHIT not relevant to the RACE thread..

i dont give a fck about who was racing ...more

EVERYONE who highjacks every thread with this stupid ass Herlings vs XXXX discussion can just get lost.

|

6/11/2018 2:00 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 2:02 AM

Ray_MXS wrote:

AC222 is as good, if not better, than hes ever been. He would have won one of his easiest titles this year if it wasnt for ...more

Make that 2 DNF's and a 5th.
Dont' think Herlings will get nervous about one DNF.
He's 62 points up.

|

6/11/2018 2:07 AM

Jefro98 wrote:

Make that 2 DNF's and a 5th.
Dont' think Herlings will get nervous about one DNF.
He's 62 points up.

Yeah you're correct my bad. An injury is what AC222 needs right now. Didn't realize it was already over 60 points lol

|

6/11/2018 2:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 2:44 AM

500guy wrote:

Herlings is riding great, is He riding like one of the fastest ever ? = Hell yes!

is it just a tad early to give him Everts ...more

dkg wrote:

Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. ...more

I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. Herlings is working harder than probably anybody in the sport right now and it shows every single weekend. If you come into the season under prepared you can't make that up mid-season. I wouldn't write Cairoli off yet though, everybody already did that once when he lost the title 2 years in a row, and he came and won it back

|

6/11/2018 2:40 AM

make1go wrote:

i dont give a fck about who was racing ...more

This. Every era produced some absolute legends. Herlings is one of them in this one. I'm a bit biased as i'm Dutch, but in my eyes he is one of the greatest riders/champions the sport has ever seen. A pure sportman with only one goal, winning. You have to consider how hard this guy is working day in day out. When his competitors went from Argentina to Thailand few years back to enjoy and acclimate to the nice weather, he went back to Holland to train three days on the bike at a few degrees, hopped on the plane arriving at friday and dominate the weekend at 40+ degrees. His training ethic is no joke and he deserves every win, title and pile of money that comes with it. For sure there is the critism for "cherry picking" the MX2 class, but I think most of the riders e.a. Cairoli, JVH89, Desalle were really happy he stayed away from MXGP for a few years. Because now it looks like he will dominate the MXGP as much as he did at the MX2. I just can't stand how people cannot just enjoy the epic races these guys produce and always have to talk about RC, Stewart or compare MXGP's to AMA.

|

6/11/2018 5:08 AM

Photo
España with three riders in the top eight in the Qualy MX2 GP of France, and one opting for the title, here we go!
|

6/11/2018 5:38 AM

ruy wrote: Photo
España with three riders in the top eight in the Qualy MX2 GP of France, and one opting for the title, here we go!

I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. Prado is destined to become one of the stars of the sport and Larranaga and Fernandez are both showing great potential. It's great to see

|

6/11/2018 5:38 AM

RG1 wrote:

I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. ...more

If Cairoli is 'missing a little bit physically', then what is wrong with Gajser, Paulin, Desalle and so on? Cause without Herlings there, Cairoli would have been on top with a BIG advantage over the rest. I personally think that Cairoli is fitter and stronger then he's ever been. He just has 1 problem, JH84....

|

6/11/2018 6:14 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

If Cairoli is 'missing a little bit physically', then what is wrong with Gajser, Paulin, Desalle and so on? Cause without ...more

Hell yeah im with this. Has nothing to do with the top guys not being in shape. Herlings is just faster. Maybe faster than anyone has ever been. Nobody can touch him most of the time. Until he is done or burned out, and starts slowing down, it’s over baring an injury or bad crash that maybe scares some speed out of him lol.

|

6/11/2018 7:41 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

If Cairoli is 'missing a little bit physically', then what is wrong with Gajser, Paulin, Desalle and so on? Cause without ...more

This is what I said 2 or 3 pages ago before this turned into a USA vs the world thing, like any MXGP discussion.

Tony is beating down Gajser and Febvre, the last 2 guys before him to win world titles. Now they've both had some injury problems, and really Desalle has been the best of the rest all season, but even then outside of Russia Tony has been beating the Panda by a big margin as well. So the only conclusion here can be that Tony is riding pretty much as fast as he ever has, and in his post-race podcast with MX Vice he pretty much says that. And then, if this is true, we can only conclude that the Herlings monster is truly on a new level, given the ease with which he has handled everyone.

His pass on Gajser yesterday, when he got loose on start straight but just kept it pinned and used his strength to control the bike....that was unreal. I keep saying it, but his core/trunk strength looks to be phenomenal and allows him to ride a 450 like no one else I've ever watched.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/11/2018 7:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 8:01 AM

dkg wrote:

Agreed, was a little surprised as to how fast he caught Cairoli and then gapped him. Does Cairoli have an injury or something. ...more

RG1 wrote:

I think Cairoli's riding is probably close to the best it's ever been, but I think he's missing a little bit physically. ...more

CalimeroFan wrote:

Yeah, that's a fair point. Gajser himself has been riding himself back to fitness this season, he's a way off on speed and confidence compared to Herlings. Cairoli hasn't been too far off on speed when it comes to race time, but he just can't do it right till the end of the race. Which is what makes me say he's missing a little bit physically, but as you say maybe he's not. Herlings fitness/speed/confidence is absolutely incredible at the minute, it's a joy to watch. I do think there is more to come from 222 though, whether it's enough to beat Herlings I don't know

|

6/11/2018 8:27 AM

Flip109 wrote:

Hell yeah im with this. Has nothing to do with the top guys not being in shape. Herlings is just faster. Maybe faster than ...more

Don't know how you could say Herlings is going the fastest ever when it's still a legitimate debate wins the fastest in the world right now. I've never viewed Cairoli as a flat out speed guy. He's one of the best champions of all time, but there have been many riders that are flat out faster. He's won a lot from endurance and consistency. For instance, Tomac absolutely annihilated him when he went 4-0 at the USGPs a few years ago. Herlings may have AC covered in speed, but he hasn't proven he's consistently quicker than Tomac.

And as for the other top GP guys, if they were in the AMA I think they would be about where Marvin is right now. Musquin would be a constant challenge to everyone except AC and JH. That still puts Tomac and Roczen well above them. I personally think both of those guys would give Herlings fits in a full championship. I also think RC would handily beat Roczen and Tomac outdoors so Herlings has a long way to go before he can even be mentioned with Carmichael.

|

6/11/2018 8:31 AM

hamncheeze wrote:

This is what I said 2 or 3 pages ago before this turned into a USA vs the world thing, like any MXGP discussion.

Tony is ...more

I don't think JH beating AC proves he's on a level no one has been on before. Honest question, do you think Cairoli even qualifies as one of the top 5 fastest riders of all time? He's certainly one of the 5 best, but I wouldn't say fastest. In fact, I think if you dropped him in some of the 2006 RC vs JS battles he wouldn't come close to running the pace of those two.

|

6/11/2018 8:39 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

Tony is ...more

NateDawg wrote:

I don't think JH beating AC proves he's on a level no one has been on before. Honest question, do you think Cairoli even ...more

You're just saying stuff to argue. You sound dumb.

|

6/11/2018 8:40 AM

NateDawg wrote:

I don't think JH beating AC proves he's on a level no one has been on before. Honest question, do you think Cairoli even ...more

No but right now Cairoli is definitely faster than the rest of the MXGP class. That is the point. He's beating everyone else relatively easily. And Herlings is handling him easily.

This isn't about going back through time and bringing RC and Stewart into it. I'm a big fan of Eli Tomac, since his 243 days, but honestly on any neutral track in the world I think Herlings has him handled.

|

6/11/2018 8:44 AM

RG1 wrote:

I was thinking whilst watching these past couple of weekends how it's quietly becoming a very promising time for Spanish Moto. ...more

For spanish mx I just hope Prado stays in Europe. It's a shame the German fans are missing out on Ken Roczen in MXGP, and it would be a shame if the same happens to Prado.
Don't get me wrong i fully understand why Roczen went to the USA and good for him, but for the popularity of MX in Germany it would have been great if he had stayed.

|

6/11/2018 8:46 AM

RG1 wrote:

CalimeroFan wrote:

Flip109 wrote:

Hell yeah im with this. Has nothing to do with the top guys not being in shape. Herlings is just faster. Maybe faster than ...more

Like broken femurtongue

|

Power is nothing without control

6/11/2018 8:46 AM

roninho wrote:

For spanish mx I just hope Prado stays in Europe. It's a shame the German fans are missing out on Ken Roczen in MXGP, and it ...more

Yeah I agree, thankfully it sounds like he wants to stay in Europe and progress onto a 450 over here. Which is great news for the series

|

6/11/2018 8:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 8:59 AM

CalimeroFan wrote:

hamncheeze wrote:

Tony is ...more

NateDawg wrote:

Everts handled Stew in '06 so I'm sure 2017/18 Cairoli would be just fine. Regardless, it's visible with Herlings just how good he is, he almost doesn't need to be racing or beating anyone. You can just tell by watching him that he is the best/ fastest guy at the minute

|

6/11/2018 9:11 AM

Herlings is obviously cheating.......

|

6/11/2018 9:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 9:17 AM

NateDawg wrote:

Having 80+ GP victories, 9 world titles and, I don't know, countless pole positions? I'd say he definitely qualifies.

|

6/11/2018 9:23 AM

I have to say, I love to bench race but these MXGP vs USA talks get exhausting, especially when we start pulling in different eras and different riders and trying to draw comparisons.

As racing fans we should appreciate that Jeffrey Herlings is riding a 450 VERY fast right now. And just the same, Eli Tomac is riding a 450 VERY fast right now. Both guys appear to be level above the competition, and I for one remain impressed by both.

|

6/11/2018 9:24 AM

ruy wrote: Photo

When I watched that race, I had high hopes for my fantasy team, didn't turn out like in the mains races angry angry

|

6/11/2018 9:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/11/2018 9:27 AM

EnvyMedia wrote:

Having 80+ GP victories, 9 world titles and, I don't know, countless pole positions? I'd say he definitely qualifies.

Cairoli doesnt have a SX win , and no US national win so probably not even in top 10 ...
both wins are considered bigger as any MXGP win or title .......
useless conversation on here to talk about best ever , fastest ever or whatever ... wink wink always ends same

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it