MXGP of France - Saint Jean d'Angely discussion

Helder
6/10/2018 8:35am
this is awesome and im only watching the timing!!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/10/2018 8:36am
Cairolis last sector sucks
He's pretty much equal to Herlings on the rest of the track. Then he loses 1-2 seconds in that sector every lap...
500guy
6/10/2018 8:36am
Herlings was a bit sketchy but damm is he motoring forward.

The Shop

Helder
6/10/2018 8:37am
insane Herlings is 3 seconds a lap faster in section 3 and 4
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
6/10/2018 8:39am
Lol what an anti climax.
hamncheeze
6/10/2018 8:40am
Too bad Desalle got caught up,lap 1. He’s rolling now.
brycepdh
I don't care what anyone says about Stewart being the fastest man on the planet and RC being the best ever... That my friends is the fastest man ever on the planet and if he has no injuries from here on he will be the best ever period
Is cairolis fitness there? 152s all race then at the 22 minute mark he drops to 153, then 155s...

Old age? lol
NateDawg
6/10/2018 8:43am
brycepdh wrote:
I don't care what anyone says about Stewart being the fastest man on the planet and RC being the best ever... That my friends is the...
I don't care what anyone says about Stewart being the fastest man on the planet and RC being the best ever... That my friends is the fastest man ever on the planet and if he has no injuries from here on he will be the best ever period
Oh how quickly they forget...
Is cairolis fitness there? 152s all race then at the 22 minute mark he drops to 153, then 155s...

Old age? lol
To be fair, he apparently has a small knee injury, saw it a couple of days ago on his instagram story. He’ll tell you about it in the post race interview I could guess.
hamncheeze
Cairoli with a sore knee allegedly. One catch in a rut and he might be in conservation mode.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th

Old age? lol
Everyone is dropping. Probably because of the track conditions
Apart from Herlings, he doesn't care
agn5009
brycepdh wrote:
I don't care what anyone says about Stewart being the fastest man on the planet and RC being the best ever... That my friends is the...
I think Jeffrey has taken over the title of fastest man on the planet.... Ever.

He's got a long way before he surpasses RC as the GOAT though.
agn5009
6/10/2018 8:44am

Old age? lol
To be fair, he apparently has a small knee injury, saw it a couple of days ago on his instagram story. He’ll tell you about it...
To be fair, he apparently has a small knee injury, saw it a couple of days ago on his instagram story. He’ll tell you about it in the post race interview I could guess.
There's the excuse.
Helder
6/10/2018 8:47am
passes then puts 40 seconds on Gajser!!!!
brycepdh
6/10/2018 8:47am
agn5009 wrote:
I think Jeffrey has taken over the title of fastest man on the planet.... Ever. He's got a long way before he surpasses RC as the...

Yes I agree, he's on the right track tho.
NateDawg
6/10/2018 8:49am
brycepdh wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
I think Jeffrey has taken over the title of fastest man on the planet.... Ever. He's got a long way before he surpasses RC as the...

He's facing a 32 year old Cairoli. Carmichael faced a prime Chad Reed and Kevin Windham and went 24-0. That's the same Chad Reed that gave Villopoto and Dungey fits in the 2011 outdoors before he launched himself at Millville. RC also handily beat a prime Stewart outdoors in 2006. They had a lot of battles but people forget RC dusted James in a lot of those motos.
RG1
6/10/2018 8:53am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2018 8:56am
brycepdh wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
He's facing a 32 year old Cairoli. Carmichael faced a prime Chad Reed and Kevin Windham and went 24-0. That's the same Chad Reed that gave...
He's facing a 32 year old Cairoli. Carmichael faced a prime Chad Reed and Kevin Windham and went 24-0. That's the same Chad Reed that gave Villopoto and Dungey fits in the 2011 outdoors before he launched himself at Millville. RC also handily beat a prime Stewart outdoors in 2006. They had a lot of battles but people forget RC dusted James in a lot of those motos.
RC was also in his prime during the time he was racing Stewart. He retired at 27, almost as soon as someone became a legitimate challenge to him. He retired and just handed it to Stewart
hamncheeze
6/10/2018 8:55am
Let's just chill on the RC vs Herlings talk. It was a different era on different tracks with completely different competition from 2-20th.

Right now JH84 is the fastest motocross rider on the planet. I love ET3 but I don't think he could handle him.
6/10/2018 8:57am
Honestly the only thing that can stop Jeffrey now is Jeffrey himself. I'm hesitant to buy the season after Tony retires because who exactly on this planet can challenge him for perhaps more than a moto win, at best (and even a moto win looks impossible for everyone right now)? We always wondered what Herlings would be like if he could translate his small bike speed onto the bigger the machine, well there it is and it's terrifying. A wonder to behold but terrifying. As impressive as James Stewart was he never really did that, he never really got the better of RC outdoors.
brycepdh
6/10/2018 8:57am
NateDawg wrote:
He's facing a 32 year old Cairoli. Carmichael faced a prime Chad Reed and Kevin Windham and went 24-0. That's the same Chad Reed that gave...
I won't say much to that because it's for another day as they are two very different eras and now we are in the Herlings vs Cairoli era, but here's one thing I will say. You're saying he's facing a 32 year old Cairoli, I don't think that matters too much when he's riding the fastest he's ever been and beating the next competitor by over 30 seconds consistently.
hamncheeze
6/10/2018 9:01am
brycepdh wrote:
I won't say much to that because it's for another day as they are two very different eras and now we are in the Herlings vs...
I won't say much to that because it's for another day as they are two very different eras and now we are in the Herlings vs Cairoli era, but here's one thing I will say. You're saying he's facing a 32 year old Cairoli, I don't think that matters too much when he's riding the fastest he's ever been and beating the next competitor by over 30 seconds consistently.
Exactly. And both of them are smashing the 2015 and 2016 World Champions. Herlings is on another level, even from the 2nd half of last year he has elevated his ability. His technique is so solid, he has so much strength in his trunk/core, he can just force that 450 into ruts, and on the wave sections, he just has the rear wheel on the ground more than everyone else. As good as he rode a 250, his body and strength allow him to elevate himself even further on the 450.
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
6/10/2018 9:02am
brycepdh wrote:
agn5009 wrote:

NateDawg wrote:
Cairoli is old by most standards but really I think this is his best year yet. He’s consistently putting 30+ on the competetion that are really fast also. There’s just one guy a little better.
6/10/2018 9:02am
Herlings wins again , made it look so easy ..... again.
Got so much more speed , and is in control all the time.
Bearuno
6/10/2018 9:08am
As ever, it descends into the endless Crap of the FMOTP and GOAT bullshit.

We are seeing the ascendance of a young Champion, who's perhaps on his way to many more titles - whilst a great Champion, now probably on the downside of his incredible career, is out there, still in front of most on the track.

Watch it for what it is, boys and girls, and try to keep your Fanboism, Haterism and your living vicariously through others, in check.

Great racing, on a Great track today.
TDeath21
6/10/2018 9:12am
It just doesn’t matter where he starts. The narrative is the same. He starts in front of Cairoli he wins easy. He starts behind him he blows past him like he’s sitting still around the 25 minute mark.

Post a reply to: MXGP of France - Saint Jean d'Angely discussion

The Latest