MXGP of Belgium, Lommel - Weekend Discussion

Welcome guys,

This weekend once again we'll have an MXGP round. This time at the legendary sand track Lommel. One of the most brutal races of the MXGP series.

Here is the time table for this weekends race (all times are in CEST, Local Belgium time, 6 Hours ahead of east coast USA and 9 hours ahead of West Coast) Tons of classes will be out on the track. So the place will get ROUGH!

Take a lap onboard the Lommel track with Yentel Martens and his 300cc 2 stroke!

|
7/30/2016 4:58am
Kras lost 5 points to Martens in the 1st moto today. The gap is now 10 points. This championship battle might get fun!

Martens total boss mode killed it out there. He is a local and a really experienced sand rider so this was to be expected from him. Saw him win a local beachrace a few months ago so no doubt he flies in the sand. They lapped all the way into the top 10 pretty much.

7/30/2016 5:01am
Kras is probably just riding safe to bring the championship home. 10 points is enough with one race to go.

The Shop

7/30/2016 5:07am
Kras is probably just riding safe to bring the championship home. 10 points is enough with one race to go.
Oh you're right! I was actually thinking they had 1 more round after Lommel, i thought they also raced in Assen.

Kras should have it on lock then if he can repeat what he did today. He'll have to put in the work though because i'm pretty confident in saying Martens will go 1-1.
7/30/2016 5:34am
EMX 150 race 1 up next in about an hour from now!

Excited about Emil Weckman He's been really good this year Cool
RG1
7/30/2016 6:07am
I love motocross, but the EMX150 race bores me to tears
Bearuno
7/30/2016 6:24am
I don't often feel much compassion towards Moto Kids these days - I confess, it's jealousy at what the little ratbags get to ride, compared to my first bikes Sick - but, Lommel on a Minicycle, whilst sharing the weekend with big bikes?- well, I reckon they will suffer in their jocks.

I think you could lose a minicycle in the sand there.

Nonetheless, the green eyed monster of ill will towards lucky young bastards not withstanding, I hope they stay safe.

Wonder how Emil Weckman (sp?) will go - he's an impressive little bloke - well, quite a few of them are. EMX150 .......... I wonder who will receive the 'Manufacturers Cup' this week? - that, is an absolute bloody farce.Whistling
7/30/2016 6:57am

Commanding win by Weckman. Well on his way to repeating his EMX150 title.

MX2 Qualifying race comming up in a few minutes! I got my money on Max Anstie.
Cortami79
7/30/2016 7:00am
Amazed how bad the flaggers are placed. They can't stand on the jumps.. Unsafe as hell
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
7/30/2016 7:16am
Bogers could win this thing tomorrow if he gets good starts
7/30/2016 7:28am
Petrov keeps following Seewer pretty closely. Van Dooninck about to pass Bogers for 3rd. Awesome to have Brent back riding Cool
Bearuno
7/30/2016 7:47am Edited Date/Time 7/30/2016 7:48am
Track doesn't seem as soft and bottomless this year. Have they had a shed-load of rain there recently?

But, it's still getting viciously rough. Choppy as hell.

The combination of riders being utterly pinned, yet incredibly precise, whilst constantly dealing with major moments, is what I love about Sand Track races. Glad it's not me out there.
7/30/2016 7:54am
Bearuno wrote:
Track doesn't seem as soft and bottomless this year. Have they had a shed-load of rain there recently? But, it's still getting viciously rough. Choppy as...
Track doesn't seem as soft and bottomless this year. Have they had a shed-load of rain there recently?

But, it's still getting viciously rough. Choppy as hell.

The combination of riders being utterly pinned, yet incredibly precise, whilst constantly dealing with major moments, is what I love about Sand Track races. Glad it's not me out there.
Not much rain out here in my region of Belgium the past weeks. Pretty much a heatwave to our standards was happening. Daily between 22 - 30 °C.

Track is getting pretty rough now. Poor 125 kids gotta go out last on this track Woohoo

---

MXGP Qualifying race comming up right now!!
7/30/2016 8:04am
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ConqaTnW8AA0HgV.jpg[/img] Leok had 4th time in timed practice. I can see him get a top 5 this weekend B)

Leok had 4th time in timed practice. I can see him get a top 5 this weekend Cool
Not bad for a 70 year old privateer:-)

Post a reply to: MXGP of Belgium, Lommel - Weekend Discussion

The Latest