MXGP of Belgium - August 3-4

8/4/2019 11:58am
Way better ? No not really. Different yes, no sand like that in USA but there are great riders and great tracks both sides of the pond .
8/4/2019 1:27pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2019 1:29pm
good to see Glenn back on podium and ready for MXON .. solid ride Mr Coldenhoff
and Max should have gone 1--1 ... what a bummer , good team result for standing construct KTM
kkawboy14
8/4/2019 1:37pm
Way better ? No not really. Different yes, no sand like that in USA but there are great riders and great tracks both sides of the...
Way better ? No not really. Different yes, no sand like that in USA but there are great riders and great tracks both sides of the pond .
Exactly!
GODZILLA
8/4/2019 2:17pm
Anybody got a clue about what happened to A-Rod and team POS?

The Shop

shuggs
8/4/2019 2:30pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Who will be the British mx2 rider for the mxdn ? Getting to be a tough choice between Watson and Sterry.
RG1 wrote:
Watson for sure for me. He is more reliable and he has shown a number of times how good he is in the sand. Today was...
Watson for sure for me. He is more reliable and he has shown a number of times how good he is in the sand. Today was his first GP for 6 weeks or so, and he only rode twice before the weekend and he made the podium.

MX1 and MX2 are locked in for us for the Nations with Anstie and Ben, the 3rd spot is wide open at the moment though. Simpson said in an interview this week that he wants to be on the team be he did himself absolutely no favours this weekend. Searle is not known for being very good in the sand but he has a factory bike for the rest of the season and if he finishes strongly could make it. I also think you can make a case for putting Sterry on a 450 as well, he practices a lot on a 450 and he has to move up next year. I think with Max and Ben though we have a good shot at the podium or possibly more if things go our way on the day
Have not heard the Wilson is not interested yet
RG1
8/4/2019 3:09pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Who will be the British mx2 rider for the mxdn ? Getting to be a tough choice between Watson and Sterry.
RG1 wrote:
Watson for sure for me. He is more reliable and he has shown a number of times how good he is in the sand. Today was...
Watson for sure for me. He is more reliable and he has shown a number of times how good he is in the sand. Today was his first GP for 6 weeks or so, and he only rode twice before the weekend and he made the podium.

MX1 and MX2 are locked in for us for the Nations with Anstie and Ben, the 3rd spot is wide open at the moment though. Simpson said in an interview this week that he wants to be on the team be he did himself absolutely no favours this weekend. Searle is not known for being very good in the sand but he has a factory bike for the rest of the season and if he finishes strongly could make it. I also think you can make a case for putting Sterry on a 450 as well, he practices a lot on a 450 and he has to move up next year. I think with Max and Ben though we have a good shot at the podium or possibly more if things go our way on the day
shuggs wrote:
Have not heard the Wilson is not interested yet
I’m out on Wilson at Assen
roninho
8/4/2019 3:11pm
Way better ? No not really. Different yes, no sand like that in USA but there are great riders and great tracks both sides of the...
I spoke with Mitchell Harrison after moto1 todat and asked him about the track. He actually felt that of all the gp tracks he had seen yhis year Lommel is the most similar to us tracks, or something like that (have to listen to the audio later). What surprised me the most was that he had not seen lommel before this weekend.
BMSOBx2
8/4/2019 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 8/4/2019 4:00pm
agn5009 wrote:
I would hate having to root for Antsie. Man it’s gotta be tough to be a fan.
Antsie is the Cal crutchlow of mxgp. When he's on he's as good as any but not very consistent. First turn crash in moto1 one ruined his day but great second Moto. I still pull for him and Cal.
Mucktub
8/4/2019 4:17pm
I thought it strange how in his interview before the 2nd race he said that he was alongside Gajser and Seewer going down the start straight when he went down, he was in the final 3rd of riders, whereas Gajser and Seewer were up front.

Seems to me that he's having himself on with this, his starts have been the main problem this year. It's a massive shame, I'm a fan and have been at Lommel for all 3 of his victories, without Herlings and Cairoli he's probably the fastest guy around there. I'm sure he's sick as fuck with that 1st go.
roninho
8/4/2019 11:02pm
Oh yeah i'm sure he is sick of that crash. But his 2nd moto win was very much needed. He needs a ride for next year and winning a moto in dominating style helps a lot. Not many guys who actually can win a moto.
philG
8/5/2019 1:28am
It was a weird weekend.. Anstie looked like he was the only one prepared to push, after his off in race 1 it went flat for us, Febvre hit the front, and that was it, even though the gaps were small and easily bridged( you would think) the only person making progress was Jasikonis after going down. They just seemed to be holding station , and live timing kinda showed that. Plus they all knew a decent race 1 would have them set uo for race 2.. as it was Anstie checked out, and Febvre looked to be just keeping in touch to go at the end, and snag 3rd and take the overall, but he just had nothing left at the end.. track was dry underneath so was nowhere near as deep as it can be, i was surprised they didnt water it, but 2 downpours on friday did them a big favour.
KG171
8/5/2019 1:40am
Cortami79 wrote:
Interesting to see the replacement of Evans/Pichon. Koen Gouwenberg will fill in. He normally rides the Dutch Championship, so it will be a tough weekend for...
Interesting to see the replacement of Evans/Pichon. Koen Gouwenberg will fill in. He normally rides the Dutch Championship, so it will be a tough weekend for him. But hey, if a GP team calls you, don't waste those chances of a lifetime Smile
Experience of a lifetime for sure 🤘🏻🤘🏻
Mucktub
8/5/2019 1:52am
Simpson seemed like he was still not 100%, that makes the selection for the MXdN for GB tricky. Anstie and Watson are the obvious selections, so do we put Sterry up on the 450 and unfortunately Shaun misses it again?

We were watching the race live in a caravan in Whitby and it went flat for us too, it would of been disappointing being there, it's always a good GP to go to especially for the Brits as we usually have something to cheer about. I'd still go back. Love the place.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
8/5/2019 3:03am
Mucktub wrote:
Simpson seemed like he was still not 100%, that makes the selection for the MXdN for GB tricky. Anstie and Watson are the obvious selections, so...
Simpson seemed like he was still not 100%, that makes the selection for the MXdN for GB tricky. Anstie and Watson are the obvious selections, so do we put Sterry up on the 450 and unfortunately Shaun misses it again?

We were watching the race live in a caravan in Whitby and it went flat for us too, it would of been disappointing being there, it's always a good GP to go to especially for the Brits as we usually have something to cheer about. I'd still go back. Love the place.
Shame about Simpson. A healthy Simpson, and that is a team that I could easily see challenging for the win.
philG
8/5/2019 3:20am
It was busy.. more than i expected with so many top names injured.. but still worth the trip.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/5/2019 4:27am
roninho wrote:
I spoke with Mitchell Harrison after moto1 todat and asked him about the track. He actually felt that of all the gp tracks he had seen...
I spoke with Mitchell Harrison after moto1 todat and asked him about the track. He actually felt that of all the gp tracks he had seen yhis year Lommel is the most similar to us tracks, or something like that (have to listen to the audio later). What surprised me the most was that he had not seen lommel before this weekend.
Really surprised with the way he rode in the sand. Sure, he was quite a bit off the pace of the leaders but it seemed like he did consistent laps. 12th OA is also not really any different to where he lands on a hardpack track
8/5/2019 8:55am
Mucktub wrote:
Simpson seemed like he was still not 100%, that makes the selection for the MXdN for GB tricky. Anstie and Watson are the obvious selections, so...

Derpin' DJ wrote:
Shame about Simpson. A healthy Simpson, and that is a team that I could easily see challenging for the win.
I'd seriously consider Nathan Watson over Simpson. He's on great form and rips in sand.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Belgium - August 3-4

The Latest