MXGP of Asia (Indonesia 2) Discussion

Related:
Create New Tag

7/6/2018 10:25 PM

I didn't even realise they were having two rounds there this year.

Track doesn't look too bad

|

7/6/2018 10:51 PM

the whole facility is pretty damn awesome...... decent elevation, massive wide track and some big jumps (although obviously not everyone likes them on here)

it wouldn't look out of place anywhere in the world

|

A Year In MX: One Man, One Year, One Sport
All 13 MX races on US soil
http://www.ayearinmx.com

7/6/2018 11:10 PM

ayearinmx wrote:

the whole facility is pretty damn awesome...... decent elevation, massive wide track and some big jumps (although obviously ...more

Building "reference" facility across the world is also needed to grow the number of riders.

Some locals will ride it, then start building tracks that look a bit like that closer to their home or bike shops.

|

7/6/2018 11:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/6/2018 11:14 PM

i don't think they will show it, but at this round and at the one in Pengkal Pinang, there have been Indonesian 85cc and 250 races and they are using these races as a building block to start off an initiative of getting young riders into the sport

but yea.... "why the hell do we come to these places?!?" *sigh*

also.....it seriously reminds me of this track:

|

7/6/2018 11:11 PM

I was pleasantly surprised when i saw the track, it actually looks good!

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

7/7/2018 12:19 AM

Motofinne wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised when i saw the track, it actually looks good!

Same here! Track looka cool! As wide as a motogp track lol

|

7/7/2018 12:38 AM

This track is absolutely beautiful . A joy to watch

|

7/7/2018 1:39 AM

Cairoli's hand must be still busted. Funny turn of events if that is the case; just when it looked like the championship was going to turn in his favour, not only did Herlings come back almost as strong, but now he's got his own injury to deal with.

|

7/7/2018 1:53 AM

Photo
Photo
|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/7/2018 2:17 AM

Jonass pased prado on yellow flag...
Hard race tomorrow
Herlings is incredible and super strong mentally

|

7/7/2018 4:13 AM

|

7/7/2018 4:20 AM

vschaik141 wrote:

This track is absolutely beautiful . A joy to watch

same as the first 2 times in thailand, a very good track with lots of elevation changes, off cambers, laroccos leap type jumps. but only the last 2 times on the load of crap gets mentioned/remembered..

|

7/7/2018 6:21 AM

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Hard race tomorrow

That's right, you see in the video and in this photo, Jonass passes to Prado with the yellow flags waving, Prado slows down and Jonass takes advantage to pass. Race management has not said anything. Anyway, we already know that Youthstream and the FIM are interested in having their pockets full, everything else, they do not care. Photo

|

7/7/2018 7:07 AM

Take out the 9 wildcards in Mx2 and you've got 13 riders, diahhroea, pitiful emergency medical facilities for two weeks in a row...But the track looks GREAT so yep the future of world MX is in good hands.

|

7/7/2018 7:09 AM

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about these Indonesian tracks. Last week was gnarly good and this week there shouldn't be any "one lined" arguments. I always loved wide tracks...plenty of room for me to get out of the way while getting passedblink laughing .

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/7/2018 7:37 AM

Glad to see Gajser coming back around.

|

7/7/2018 7:42 AM

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Hard race tomorrow

ruy wrote:

That's right, you see in the video and in this photo, Jonass passes to Prado with the yellow flags waving, Prado slows down ...more

I did not know it was against the rules to pass on a yellow. Just thought it was to alert riders of a hazard (crash) ahead. Clue me rule boys.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

7/7/2018 7:58 AM

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Hard race tomorrow

ruy wrote:

That's right, you see in the video and in this photo, Jonass passes to Prado with the yellow flags waving, Prado slows down ...more

I understand you have your little obsession, but at least read the rules before opening your mouth.

The FIM rule book is very clear. If you go on page 72:

- Yellow Flag, held stationary: danger, ride cautiously

- Yellow Flag, waved: great danger, prepare to stop, no overtaking. A significant reduction in speed must be observed; therefore jumps should not be attempted.

By the way, in the MXGP qualifying three riders have been docked ten positions for not respecting waved yellow flags.

Photo

|

7/7/2018 8:19 AM

On Indonesia tv it showed the rain forest they bulldozed to make track,surprised a tree hugger club hasn't chained themselves to a stump.

|

7/7/2018 8:34 AM

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Hard race tomorrow

ruy wrote:

line-up wrote:

I understand you have your little obsession, but at least read the rules before opening your mouth.

The FIM rule book is very ...more

Well, there ya go. Rules are rules.

|

7/7/2018 9:23 AM

What is it that Herlings has on his right Arm bicep? Some kind of square box

|

7/7/2018 9:55 AM

hillbilly wrote:

On Indonesia tv it showed the rain forest they bulldozed to make track,surprised a tree hugger club hasn't chained themselves ...more

Mate, when they're chopping down hundreds of acres a week for Palm Oil trees to go into, an acre or two is but nothing.

But, there' is the sin that it's being used for Motorcycling.... whistling

|

7/7/2018 12:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2018 12:40 PM

cesar_rc4 wrote:

Hard race tomorrow

ruy wrote:

line-up wrote:

The FIM rule book is very ...more

Before open your mouth littel obsesion see what happens, is in the video in this same page number 1, yes here, the higlights from the Qualy, at 1:35 see the yellows flags wading in the two sides of the track.Prado reduced the speed and Jonass passes Prado
Is Jonass docked ten positions? At least this moment NO

|

7/7/2018 1:22 PM

The GP's (and next years MXdN) have turned into a flat ground waves and table tops. Where are the massive uphills and downhills? After 20 years of following the GP's I'm over it. Thats not even motocross anymore. Thats pure money grab greed.

|

7/7/2018 1:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2018 1:38 PM

Frank wrote:

The GP's (and next years MXdN) have turned into a flat ground waves and table tops. Where are the massive uphills and ...more

its 20 GP's on a big variety of tracks ... hardpack, sand , dirt, flat, big jumps , man made , natural

its all there , from matterly basin to assen , some like matterly and some prefer assen

the best rider wins at the end of 20 Gp's .. just my thoughts

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

7/7/2018 8:33 PM

Tracks like Indonesia, Asia,Switzerland, Assen, Imola,Turkey, Charlotte, Florida, etc. just kill the cool factor.

I do enjoy the other rounds held at real tracks.

|

7/7/2018 9:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2018 9:12 PM

Such a shame Glen Helen had such horrid attendance. Really enjoyed the GPs there

|

7/7/2018 9:20 PM

to be fair.... there are more spectators here (at this GP anyway) than the Glen Helen GPs and the Jacksonville one

and like i said, the facility is amazing and definitely more than the "car park" tracks like Losail was

|

7/7/2018 10:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2018 10:35 PM

My stream just died... says 16 min until it goes live... wtf

Edit: got it going on the computer now.

|

7/7/2018 11:21 PM

We're having a good race! Gajser leading, Herlings seems to be a bit off in 5th.

|