MXGP of Asia

ATKpilot99
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2019 6:01am

|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/13/2019 6:54am
The layout looks awesome but the preparation is weird.
What the heck did they do to the straight along pit lane?! (on the Harrison Video)
PastranaWho
7/13/2019 6:58am
crusty_xx wrote:
The layout looks awesome but the preparation is weird. What the heck did they do to the straight along pit lane?! (on the Harrison Video)
The layout looks awesome but the preparation is weird.
What the heck did they do to the straight along pit lane?! (on the Harrison Video)
I think thats what prado was referring to when he was being interviewed. He said track was sketchy in the straights and needed to be ripped in some areas.
ayearinmx
7/13/2019 7:52am
some of the soil is really nice and grippy..... unfortunately some of it is rock hard and has been watered too much and is like ice

the layout is great though and much better spectator turnout than Palembang

The Shop

USA
Fantasy
507th
7/13/2019 8:26am
These races are the worst. Good thing Canada is racing this weekend.
500guy
7/13/2019 8:36am
Overall the GP is pretty lame.

Also Harrison WTF can't crack the top 10 in a 15 man race?
ATKpilot99
7/13/2019 9:33am
500guy wrote:
Overall the GP is pretty lame.

Also Harrison WTF can't crack the top 10 in a 15 man race?
The top 10 are the same guys that normally beat him.
63mark
7/13/2019 10:19pm
More peeps having problems with the sound going back and forward not being synchronised at all?
7/14/2019 12:16am
Seems like Febvre had the fastest lap. What happened to him?
tek14
7/14/2019 12:19am
63mark wrote:
More peeps having problems with the sound going back and forward not being synchronised at all?
Audio is cutting and out of sync on both replays MX2/MXGP. Could not watch with sound and shitty track felt even worse without audio... Cant wait to see real racing in real tracks again.
Bearuno
7/14/2019 12:22am
63mark wrote:
Yes - though, I thought it was down to my old rattle box Vista brained 'puter in my workshop.

It's no problem, for me, though, as I'm mainly listening to it and looking over from work pieces every now and then.

Let's see if it gets sorted for the 2nd Motos.

Between the large amount of undercover spectator areas, and the places that folks can get to the fence, there's a lot of spectators. I wish they'd not so pander to the TV, and make the bloody banners both lower, and in better places for attending spectators viewing. But, Luongo is only thinking of the Video potential. I bet Jonas' team is a bit miffed at the signage Woohoo . The best signage 'take out' was at Loket a few seasons ago, it was a doozy!
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
7/14/2019 12:30am
It’s on Eurosport channel live on Foxtel for the aussies
7/14/2019 1:13am
Stoop wrote:
Is the commentator Jack Burnicle bagging on any rider that gets lapped like he did last week, apperantly they are not worthy to be on the same track, he is a douch.
Robgvx
7/14/2019 1:18am
Stoop wrote:
Is the commentator Jack Burnicle bagging on any rider that gets lapped like he did last week, apperantly they are not worthy to be on the...
Is the commentator Jack Burnicle bagging on any rider that gets lapped like he did last week, apperantly they are not worthy to be on the same track, he is a douch.
Maybe it’s when they’re lapped for the third time?
St Ann More
7/14/2019 2:26am
Indonesia has been good for Renaux, he's been impressive!

It'll be interesting to see where he stacks up when we go back to normality at Loket!
Bidirella
7/14/2019 3:57am
This is getting boring, cant wait for 2020. Prado to MXGP will make the 250 class interesting again. MXGP with Gasjer,Cairoli,Herlings,Prado,Febvre....
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2803rd
7/14/2019 4:25am
Hopefully Prado wraps it up early enough to get a few rounds in on the 450.
St Ann More
7/14/2019 5:10am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2019 5:12am
Bidirella wrote:
This is getting boring, cant wait for 2020. Prado to MXGP will make the 250 class interesting again. MXGP with Gasjer,Cairoli,Herlings,Prado,Febvre....
Olsen will dominate the 250 class in 2020.

The 450 class will be interesting to start, but:

Herlings will want redemption. He could easily make things boring fast in the 450 class too!

Perhaps Gasjer will be his closest challenger. He'll want to repeat. Will he come into the season healthy? Can he challenge Herlings consistently? How many times can he hit the deck and not break?

I don't think the Sicilian will. He isn't ageing like a fine wine, as much as Malin peddles it. He will be 34 years old to start the season and 35 years old to end it. His newborn will change his outlook and priorities! Most of his 30's have been plagued by minor injuries and this won't change 2020. Maybe he'll roll back the years from time to time, but this will be a farewell tour if he lines up!

Meanwhile Prado will be a rookie. It's a big step up in class and competition. He'll be at turn 2 before everyone else hits turn 1, but will he have the strength, championship speed and consistently?

And lastly Febvre, and Febvre will Febvre. Will he come into the season healthy? How long will he last? I hope his luck changes and we see his 2015 form!

Man I hope i'm wrong and it's a slug fest to the end, but I could easily see 2020, going the same way of 2019.
7/14/2019 6:01am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2019 6:03am
Stoop wrote:
Is the commentator Jack Burnicle bagging on any rider that gets lapped like he did last week, apperantly they are not worthy to be on the...
Robgvx wrote:
Maybe it’s when they’re lapped for the third time?
That will make it interesting, let's have 10 riders on the gate, actually using his analogy why allow anyone but the top three race, if you're not good enough for the podium why let them out there, the cut off should be a full gate of 40 riders, they should be grateful these guys pay money to race and make it a show.
wfoskir
7/14/2019 6:03am
To me I saw a race with no spectators and both classes with 1/2 gates filled. Looks pretty sad from where I am sitting. Is MXGP declining or is this because the race was in Indonesia? How much longer can they continue with no riders and no spectators.
themrtoad
7/14/2019 7:02am
Olsen will dominate the 250 class in 2020. The 450 class will be interesting to start, but: Herlings will want redemption. He could easily make things...
Olsen will dominate the 250 class in 2020.

The 450 class will be interesting to start, but:

Herlings will want redemption. He could easily make things boring fast in the 450 class too!

Perhaps Gasjer will be his closest challenger. He'll want to repeat. Will he come into the season healthy? Can he challenge Herlings consistently? How many times can he hit the deck and not break?

I don't think the Sicilian will. He isn't ageing like a fine wine, as much as Malin peddles it. He will be 34 years old to start the season and 35 years old to end it. His newborn will change his outlook and priorities! Most of his 30's have been plagued by minor injuries and this won't change 2020. Maybe he'll roll back the years from time to time, but this will be a farewell tour if he lines up!

Meanwhile Prado will be a rookie. It's a big step up in class and competition. He'll be at turn 2 before everyone else hits turn 1, but will he have the strength, championship speed and consistently?

And lastly Febvre, and Febvre will Febvre. Will he come into the season healthy? How long will he last? I hope his luck changes and we see his 2015 form!

Man I hope i'm wrong and it's a slug fest to the end, but I could easily see 2020, going the same way of 2019.
I don’t think Olsen wil dominate. KTM will likely hire a really good rider next to Vialle. Olsen will also have his hands full with Vialle. I can see Geerts do well, Renaux, van de Moosdijk on a good bike. I think Mx2 will be more exciting next year actually.
Bidirella
7/14/2019 7:56am
themrtoad wrote:
I don’t think Olsen wil dominate. KTM will likely hire a really good rider next to Vialle. Olsen will also have his hands full with Vialle...
I don’t think Olsen wil dominate. KTM will likely hire a really good rider next to Vialle. Olsen will also have his hands full with Vialle. I can see Geerts do well, Renaux, van de Moosdijk on a good bike. I think Mx2 will be more exciting next year actually.
Yeah, Rumors are going that Geerts will take over Prado his spot and become team mates with Vialle and Herlings..

I also dont believe Olsen will run away with it. He is every season hot and cold and making mistakes.

If Vialle makes another step this winter and Geerts got a Factory KTM, he will face some hard battles knowing how good those guys starts everytime.

Mayby Renaux can take over the place of Geerts.
agn5009
7/14/2019 8:22am
It’s crazy how many legit podium threats are out. Herlings, Cairoli, Desalle, top 10 guys like Nagl, Searle, Lieber, Simpson etc. Look at the top 20 at round 1 compared to the top 20 this weekend. The MXGP series started off with unbelievable talent and has dwindled down majorly.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/14/2019 9:52am
themrtoad wrote:
I don’t think Olsen wil dominate. KTM will likely hire a really good rider next to Vialle. Olsen will also have his hands full with Vialle...
Yeah Olsen is great and consistent but I just don't think that he has that much more potential left (on a 250).
He has been around 2nd, 3rd place in the series for how long now, 3 years?
Geerts and Vialle will be right there with him
roninho
7/14/2019 11:19am
crusty_xx wrote:
Yeah Olsen is great and consistent but I just don't think that he has that much more potential left (on a 250). He has been around...
Yeah Olsen is great and consistent but I just don't think that he has that much more potential left (on a 250).
Dominate not sure, but i would think Olsen would be the main candidate for the title. He is what, 100 points up on Geerts right now? That is a big jump for Geerts to make. I guess with Vialle making such a jump this season, if he can do that again he will be a challenger for the title.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
7/14/2019 11:30am
crusty_xx wrote:
Yeah Olsen is great and consistent but I just don't think that he has that much more potential left (on a 250). He has been around...
roninho wrote:
Dominate not sure, but i would think Olsen would be the main candidate for the title. He is what, 100 points up on Geerts right now...
Dominate not sure, but i would think Olsen would be the main candidate for the title. He is what, 100 points up on Geerts right now? That is a big jump for Geerts to make. I guess with Vialle making such a jump this season, if he can do that again he will be a challenger for the title.
Sure, he's going to be the favourite. But it's not like there will not be any competition.
Geerts had 3 really bad GPs in a row. After Latvia he was only like 60 points down on Olsen and he made a big jump from 2018 to 2019.

We will see. But I'd hope we have at least 3 guys fighting for the title. The battle for 2nd and 3rd has been awesome this season
DeStouwer
7/15/2019 6:01am
MX2 will lose Prado, Vlaanderen, Jacobi, Van Doninck, Larrañaga, Cervellin and Sterry for 2020. Doubtful all of them will find a spot in MXGP, so I guess that's why YS gave birth to the EMX Open-class...

As for those who remain in MX2: Normally Olsen, Vialle and Geerts will battle it out. Maybe some of the others (Beaton, Watson, Evans, Walsh,..) can make progress to become a regular podium threat. I believe Boisramé and Renaux will make the most of it, they're both doing very well the last couple of GP's.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Asia

The Latest