MXGP of Argentina - entries (final draft)

DeStouwer
2/26/2019 1:19am
Small preview:

In MX2 Prado obviously will be the biggest contender for the title. He made some mistakes in 2018, mostly in the first half of the season, but still took it home. I think he will be even stronger this year.

After him you've got Olsen, Watson, Vlaanderen, Sanayei and Geerts as biggest opponents for the GP-wins and podiums.

Jacobi, Beaton, Sterry, Mewse, Cervellin and Larrañaga will be the following guys who are capable of getting an overall podium, but chances of them winning a GP are small imo. Van Doninck, Vaessen, Östlund and Pootjes will probably have most of their finishes between 10th-15th place.

Then we've got the rookies: Vialle (on the factory KTM), Boisramé, Moreau, Renaux, Evans, Walsh, Edelbacher and Zanotti. I expect a lot from Moreau personally. And don't forget: the return (again) of Brian Hsu.

MXGP doesn't need an introduction: Herlings and Cairoli. With another injury for Herlings it's a big questionmark on when and how he will make his return. He has to hope that guys like Gajser, Desalle and Febvre can steal as many points as possible from Tony.

Lets see if Paulin, now that he's reunited with Yamaha, can get his drive back. His teammate Tonus missed the entire season 2018 due to injuries. Husqvarna changed his lineup and has Jasikonis and rookie Jonass under their tent. Seewer took the place at Yamaha from Van Horebeek, who got a last minute deal with the French Hondateam Motoblouz.

Also Standing Construct got a brand new lineup with Anstie, Coldenhoff and (slight surprise) Monticelli. BOS GP signed Searle and Bobryshev, who will race a whole new bike after racing a Honda for years, and a Suzuki last season. Julien Lieber showed some of his skills and speed in 2018, wondering if he can step it up a bit. Bogers first full season also starts, after missing almost all of 2018 due to two injuries on the same foot. Lupino stays with Gebben Kawasaki, and got Paturel as his teammate, who will miss the first GP.

Simpson signed a deal with RFX KTM, and Strijbos (who also is injured at the moment) and Brylyakov signed with the Swedish JWR Yamaha. Max Nagl found a spot with Sarholz KTM and thanks to a private sponsor he will be able to race the entire series. Gladiator Tanel Leok remains in his own team, but will sit out the overseas due to costs. Tixier found another team with VHR KTM after a disappointing 2018.

Rookies: Jonass, Brylyakov, Bernardini, Furlotti, Koch and Gole.
ruy
2/26/2019 1:31am
In Argentina, Hispano America Jorge is like at home

themrtoad
2/26/2019 2:34am
DeStouwer wrote:
Small preview: In MX2 Prado obviously will be the biggest contender for the title. He made some mistakes in 2018, mostly in the first half of...
Small preview:

In MX2 Prado obviously will be the biggest contender for the title. He made some mistakes in 2018, mostly in the first half of the season, but still took it home. I think he will be even stronger this year.

After him you've got Olsen, Watson, Vlaanderen, Sanayei and Geerts as biggest opponents for the GP-wins and podiums.

Jacobi, Beaton, Sterry, Mewse, Cervellin and Larrañaga will be the following guys who are capable of getting an overall podium, but chances of them winning a GP are small imo. Van Doninck, Vaessen, Östlund and Pootjes will probably have most of their finishes between 10th-15th place.

Then we've got the rookies: Vialle (on the factory KTM), Boisramé, Moreau, Renaux, Evans, Walsh, Edelbacher and Zanotti. I expect a lot from Moreau personally. And don't forget: the return (again) of Brian Hsu.

MXGP doesn't need an introduction: Herlings and Cairoli. With another injury for Herlings it's a big questionmark on when and how he will make his return. He has to hope that guys like Gajser, Desalle and Febvre can steal as many points as possible from Tony.

Lets see if Paulin, now that he's reunited with Yamaha, can get his drive back. His teammate Tonus missed the entire season 2018 due to injuries. Husqvarna changed his lineup and has Jasikonis and rookie Jonass under their tent. Seewer took the place at Yamaha from Van Horebeek, who got a last minute deal with the French Hondateam Motoblouz.

Also Standing Construct got a brand new lineup with Anstie, Coldenhoff and (slight surprise) Monticelli. BOS GP signed Searle and Bobryshev, who will race a whole new bike after racing a Honda for years, and a Suzuki last season. Julien Lieber showed some of his skills and speed in 2018, wondering if he can step it up a bit. Bogers first full season also starts, after missing almost all of 2018 due to two injuries on the same foot. Lupino stays with Gebben Kawasaki, and got Paturel as his teammate, who will miss the first GP.

Simpson signed a deal with RFX KTM, and Strijbos (who also is injured at the moment) and Brylyakov signed with the Swedish JWR Yamaha. Max Nagl found a spot with Sarholz KTM and thanks to a private sponsor he will be able to race the entire series. Gladiator Tanel Leok remains in his own team, but will sit out the overseas due to costs. Tixier found another team with VHR KTM after a disappointing 2018.

Rookies: Jonass, Brylyakov, Bernardini, Furlotti, Koch and Gole.
Do you know why Nagl didn't finish any motos in France last weekend?

It will be interesting to follow Jasikonis this year. He has a lot of crashes, and he is also on a one year deal and is out to prove a point. Before he gets armpump he can battle with anyone, and I'm honestly quite afraid he will get other riders injured when he is full of adrenaline the first few laps. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I actually think Haarup in MX2 can do some damage. He is riding without pressure and he has a really fast bike beneath him. I think he will do better than Vialle
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
2/26/2019 2:42am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 2:43am
themrtoad wrote:
Do you know why Nagl didn't finish any motos in France last weekend? It will be interesting to follow Jasikonis this year. He has a lot...
Do you know why Nagl didn't finish any motos in France last weekend?

It will be interesting to follow Jasikonis this year. He has a lot of crashes, and he is also on a one year deal and is out to prove a point. Before he gets armpump he can battle with anyone, and I'm honestly quite afraid he will get other riders injured when he is full of adrenaline the first few laps. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I actually think Haarup in MX2 can do some damage. He is riding without pressure and he has a really fast bike beneath him. I think he will do better than Vialle
Nagl only had his practice bike with a lot of hours on it with him in France since his racebike is on the way to Argentinia. It's engine broke during the first moto, so his weekend was done.

The Shop

DeStouwer
2/26/2019 3:18am
Haarup will race Argentina as a wildcard. During the season he will race the EMX250-series.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
2/26/2019 3:32am
struth wrote:
Tk olsen for the title....
Will go to next level this year.
IMO he has to perform this year. The class is light and he is on one the handful of competitive bikes. I thought he would be a touch further along then he is by now. If he dosent grab at least 3-4 wins this year I think it will be a disappointment and I don’t see anyone challenging Pardo expect TK.
Cortami79
2/26/2019 6:13am
DeStouwer wrote:
Haarup will race Argentina as a wildcard. During the season he will race the EMX250-series.
Oh, i thought he would race the entire gp series in europe
themrtoad
2/26/2019 7:19am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 7:21am
DeStouwer wrote:
Pretty sure they changed their minds about that. He will race Argentina and MX2 in all the European rounds. He will not race EMX at all.

Gatedrop: I believe the initial plan for Mikkel this year was to race the EMX250 series again but he’s been so good this pre-season have you considered letting him race the MX2 World Championship instead?

Antti Pyrhönen: Actually we weren’t sure whether we would race with him in the EMX or MX2 rounds in Europe. But we have decided to let him race MX2 (European rounds only as well as Argentina). I think it will be good for him, he likes a challenge and he can try to keep up with the fast guys and learn from them.

DeStouwer
2/26/2019 7:22am
Oh cool, looks like I missed that Wink
Rudicross
2/26/2019 9:57am
In MX2 the biggest surprise will be Mitch Evans.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
2/26/2019 10:04am
So if prado wins another championshp this year he will need to move up to the 450...how crazy is that? the kid is only 17. Stupid...
So if prado wins another championshp this year he will need to move up to the 450...how crazy is that? the kid is only 17. Stupid loungo rule might have to be changed just like the stupid mx2 U23 rule.
Bidirella wrote:
Prado will move to the US then. He already said it in a Intervieuw somewhere. If the rule doesnt change and he wins the title he...
Prado will move to the US then. He already said it in a Intervieuw somewhere. If the rule doesnt change and he wins the title he will move over to the US.

Amazing talent but going on to race the MXGP at 18/19 would be crazy and a few years racing in the US on a 250 is not gonna hurt him. He already showed he can ride Supercross pretty well.

Hopefully he will come back in a few years and battle with Herlings for the title.
ruy wrote:
Nope, Prado in MXGP next year, Herlings don´t have a few years with not Prado. I¨m sorry for Herlings.

Better be careful. Prado will have a hard time going fast with you hanging on his nuts so hard.
roninho
2/26/2019 10:09am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2019 10:09am

@De Stouwer: I think you had a good preview. Just surprised you'd mention Larranaga in that first group. Iker has a best finish of 6th (once) and a couple of 8ths/9ths/10ths. He hasnt scored more then 25 points in a single GP, he will have to seriously step up to podium. I mean Pootjes scored more points (218 vs 185), more top 5's, more points in a single gp and more top 10's the Larranaga.
Jrewing
2/26/2019 12:01pm
ruy wrote:
In Argentina, Hispano America Jorge is like at home [embed][/embed] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/26/328052/s1200_SignSess21_MXGP_1_ARG_2018.jpg[/img]

Just button it down with the Prado shit dirty old man
Trudare69
2/26/2019 1:19pm
ruy wrote:
In Argentina, Hispano America Jorge is like at home [embed][/embed] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/26/328052/s1200_SignSess21_MXGP_1_ARG_2018.jpg[/img]

Jrewing wrote:
Just button it down with the Prado shit dirty old man

2/26/2019 1:27pm
Is there anyway to watch the GP's live this year aside from MXGP-TV?
2/26/2019 4:04pm
Is there anyway to watch the GP's live this year aside from MXGP-TV?
the mxgp class will be streamed live at nos.nl every round ... its in dutch Wink but very good quality stream
DeStouwer
2/26/2019 11:11pm
roninho wrote:
[quote]Jacobi, Beaton, Sterry, Mewse, Cervellin and Larrañaga will be the following guys who are capable of getting an overall podium, but chances of them winning a...

@De Stouwer: I think you had a good preview. Just surprised you'd mention Larranaga in that first group. Iker has a best finish of 6th (once) and a couple of 8ths/9ths/10ths. He hasnt scored more then 25 points in a single GP, he will have to seriously step up to podium. I mean Pootjes scored more points (218 vs 185), more top 5's, more points in a single gp and more top 10's the Larranaga.
Well, personal opinion ofcourse Smile Larrañaga got faster and better the last few years and he was riding really good last season until he got injured. Podium could be a little too much, but I think he could be a regular top 5 finisher.
ruy
2/27/2019 3:24am

Looking good!!
Boomslang
Fantasy
657th
2/28/2019 12:33am
Look out for Vlaanderen this year, the young man is going to be stronger than last year.
Akira
2/28/2019 12:52am
ruy wrote:

Lo estamos esperando en '20 A1
Cortami79
2/28/2019 1:24am
It would be a dream come true to ride on that track, so awesome
ruy
2/28/2019 3:42am
ruy wrote:

Akira wrote:
Lo estamos esperando en '20 A1
No way
At this moment
2/28/2019 4:10am
Bidirella wrote:
Perfect track for a MXDN!!
Too true ! I would love to see that track for an MXDN ! IMO it is one of the most beautiful track in the world but september there means winter time so i do not know about the weather
ron36
3/1/2019 12:42am
Boomslang wrote:
Look out for Vlaanderen this year, the young man is going to be stronger than last year.
His riding is better this year, hope is honda is a bit stronger also.
The ktm's en husq last year got 2 hp more ore something, in the sand tracks you could see them pull away.
hoppsan
3/1/2019 2:11am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/28/328472/s1200_one.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/28/328473/s1200_two.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/28/328474/s1200_three.jpg[/img]

Silly

Track looks great as always! Cheerful

Post a reply to: MXGP of Argentina - entries (final draft)

The Latest