891 Gustavo Souza BRA CBM Honda
919 Ben Watson GBR ACU Yamaha Kemea Yamaha Yamalube Racing Team MX2
934 Lucas Dunka BRA CBM Honda
|
ATKpilot99
1/23/2018 4:37am
Looking forward to it . Go Covington Smile
1/23/2018 5:18am
Cool. Recently got my season pass for the stream thing, looking forward for the series to start again!

Throughout next month there is the Italian championship where probly allot of GP riders will be also:

04 Feb – Riola Sardo (OR)
11 Feb – Noto (SR)
18 Feb – Mantova
DeStouwer
1/23/2018 5:35am
Some other preseason races:

11 Feb – Hawkstone Park (GBR)
18 Feb – Lacapelle Marival (FRA)
DoubleA
1/23/2018 5:51am
Can't wait for GP's to start! If you have access to Eurosport don't buy the MXGP pass as they will have it back on Eurosport this year.

Also Hawkstone International on the 11th Feb, few big names in the mx1 class; Graeme Irwin, Gautier Paulin, Jake Nicholls, Brad Anderson, Jeffrey Herlings, Max Anstie, Tommy Searle, Evgeny Bobryshev, Glenn Coldenhoff, Jordi Tixier, Petar Petrov, Arminas Jasikonis.

MX2 not as many big riders so i presume others will be at Noto; Thomas Kjer Olsen, Josiah Natzke, Pauls Jonass, Davy Pootjes, Martin Barr, Jago Geerts, Conrad Mewse, Adam Sterry, Ben Watson.

Will be interesting to see where people are at speed wise coming into this season

The Shop

1/23/2018 5:59am
I'm going to go balls deep following MXGP this year... The Patagonia GP track looks killer, and the fans down there seem very passionate!! I believe Argentina has a moto scene/culture that is alive and well (correct me if I'm wrong - would love to hear from anyone from or familiar with this region)

1/23/2018 7:22am
DoubleA wrote:
Can't wait for GP's to start! If you have access to Eurosport don't buy the MXGP pass as they will have it back on Eurosport this...
Can't wait for GP's to start! If you have access to Eurosport don't buy the MXGP pass as they will have it back on Eurosport this year.

Also Hawkstone International on the 11th Feb, few big names in the mx1 class; Graeme Irwin, Gautier Paulin, Jake Nicholls, Brad Anderson, Jeffrey Herlings, Max Anstie, Tommy Searle, Evgeny Bobryshev, Glenn Coldenhoff, Jordi Tixier, Petar Petrov, Arminas Jasikonis.

MX2 not as many big riders so i presume others will be at Noto; Thomas Kjer Olsen, Josiah Natzke, Pauls Jonass, Davy Pootjes, Martin Barr, Jago Geerts, Conrad Mewse, Adam Sterry, Ben Watson.

Will be interesting to see where people are at speed wise coming into this season
Do Eurosport cover the EMX classes? No, so that's why I bought the pass. Plus if tennis or athletics runs over, it'll be scrapped.
DoubleA
1/23/2018 7:30am
Do Eurosport cover the EMX classes? No, so that's why I bought the pass. Plus if tennis or athletics runs over, it'll be scrapped.
Sure i read somewhere that they would have EMX on eurosport aswell could be wrong though. If tennis or whatever does clashes with it MX will just be pushed back an hour or so like how it use to do on motors tv i would presume. Just happy that we are able to watch it for a much cheaper price.
DeStouwer
1/23/2018 7:36am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 7:37am
DoubleA wrote:
Sure i read somewhere that they would have EMX on eurosport aswell could be wrong though. If tennis or whatever does clashes with it MX will...
Sure i read somewhere that they would have EMX on eurosport aswell could be wrong though. If tennis or whatever does clashes with it MX will just be pushed back an hour or so like how it use to do on motors tv i would presume. Just happy that we are able to watch it for a much cheaper price.
I bought the MXGP-pass too. Decent commentary, every single class in HD, qualifying races, studio show and the Motocross of Nations. No frustrations about commercials every 10 minutes or delayed (or even cancelled) broadcasts. Worth the money.
DoubleA
1/23/2018 7:51am
DeStouwer wrote:
I bought the MXGP-pass too. Decent commentary, every single class in HD, qualifying races, studio show and the Motocross of Nations. No frustrations about commercials every...
I bought the MXGP-pass too. Decent commentary, every single class in HD, qualifying races, studio show and the Motocross of Nations. No frustrations about commercials every 10 minutes or delayed (or even cancelled) broadcasts. Worth the money.
Only thing there you said would sway me to buy it would be Des Nations, rest of it am not too fusy really, mainly because I don't have the time to sit around all afternoon to watch everything from that GP although I would like to. Also that 10 min break allows me to get another few beers.
1/23/2018 11:24am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 12:13pm
I count 34, five of whom are Argentine locals, which suggests that 29 riders come from properly financed professional teams. This is about how it should look. (Actually, I'd like to see 30 pros, and locals would have to meet some minimum lap-time threshold to qualify, but, whatever, this is close.)

I bring this up because the AMA die-hards (most people here) are always arguing that no-name privateers are essential to the sport, when I think the sport (if it wants to be taken seriously) should be gravitating in the other direction.

HuskyEd
1/23/2018 11:29am
Hope Nagl does well on the TM
Bidirella
1/23/2018 11:38am
HuskyEd wrote:
i saw him ride in person a few weeks back at Lommel and he was flying! The Wilvo Yamaha boys where not able to follow. TM looked really good and powerfull. Looking forward how it turns out when the real racing starts..

He can be the Darkhose
Motofinne
1/23/2018 11:41am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 11:44am
I count 34, five of whom are Argentine locals, which suggests that 29 riders come from properly financed professional teams. This is about how it should...
I count 34, five of whom are Argentine locals, which suggests that 29 riders come from properly financed professional teams. This is about how it should look. (Actually, I'd like to see 30 pros, and locals would have to meet some minimum lap-time threshold to qualify, but, whatever, this is close.)

I bring this up because the AMA die-hards (most people here) are always arguing that no-name privateers are essential to the sport, when I think the sport (if it wants to be taken seriously) should be gravitating in the other direction.

I agree with you. I think the number 30 is fine. I'd like to hear someone argue why the 31-40 are important. For me as a fan, those riders give me nothing. That is maybe harsh but the truth.

There is no difference between 30 or 40 riders at a gate. I would rather had 30 good guys than 40 where the last 10 are far, far off the pace.

Anyways. 29 regulars is good and a few of the locals will be pretty good(at least they've been the other years).
David934
1/23/2018 12:27pm
DoubleA wrote:
Can't wait for GP's to start! If you have access to Eurosport don't buy the MXGP pass as they will have it back on Eurosport this...

Remember you need Eurosport 2, this is paid channel.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/23/2018 1:31pm
HuskyEd wrote:
His performances depend completely on the bike.
Other riders can make bikes work for them if they're not comfortable. Nagl seems to have never really been able to do that, he needs a bike that suits him to be fast.
If the TM suits him, he can beat anyone. As he showed in 2015 on the Husky
1/23/2018 1:36pm
With Suzuki World MXGP pulled out, what kinda performance can we expect from Bobryshev on a privately entered Suzuki? Must be a big step down from HRC.
JB479
1/23/2018 4:27pm
Can’t wait. Who else is on the H-Law wagon?

1/23/2018 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/23/2018 6:12pm
Didn’t Hunter Lawrence beat Osborne at the MXoN?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
1/23/2018 6:20pm
JB479 wrote:
Can’t wait. Who else is on the H-Law wagon?[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/01/23/239796/s1200_A6A4941F_D8FB_42EC_81C5_5432C681B871.jpg[/img]
Can’t wait. Who else is on the H-Law wagon?

Seewer moved up so yeah gotta root for someone new
Prado and Lawrence.
That MX2 season could actually be really good. We got a lot of guys with title hopes
hyler199
1/23/2018 7:50pm
I already bought the TV pkg and my ticket to MXDN gunna be a goood yeeeaarrr
DoubleA
1/23/2018 11:16pm
David934 wrote:
Remember you need Eurosport 2, this is paid channel.
Eurosport is only £5 a month.
DoubleA
1/23/2018 11:20pm
With Suzuki World MXGP pulled out, what kinda performance can we expect from Bobryshev on a privately entered Suzuki? Must be a big step down from...
With Suzuki World MXGP pulled out, what kinda performance can we expect from Bobryshev on a privately entered Suzuki? Must be a big step down from HRC.
Suzuki Europe are giving bobby parts which he needs and I am sure there is some left over from the MXGP team which he could borrow of them. So I wouldn’t think it was a huge step down but it definitely won’t be as good of a bike he was on at HRC. I am just happy that he was able to find a ride in MXGP.
1/24/2018 12:02am
DoubleA wrote:
Eurosport is only £5 a month.
And the early bird offer for mxgptv was 99 so it isn't really that much more expensive. Plus this has every moto that is run all year live and on demand. I had MotorsTV and Eurosport back in the days and even if they were free I would still buy the package.
1/24/2018 12:13am
I count 34, five of whom are Argentine locals, which suggests that 29 riders come from properly financed professional teams. This is about how it should...

Motofinne wrote:
I agree with you. I think the number 30 is fine. I'd like to hear someone argue why the 31-40 are important. For me as a...
I agree with you. I think the number 30 is fine. I'd like to hear someone argue why the 31-40 are important. For me as a fan, those riders give me nothing. That is maybe harsh but the truth.

There is no difference between 30 or 40 riders at a gate. I would rather had 30 good guys than 40 where the last 10 are far, far off the pace.

Anyways. 29 regulars is good and a few of the locals will be pretty good(at least they've been the other years).
29 regulars for overseas races is really good. Add a couple of teams that will only run the Euro rounds and the local heroes that show up at the different rounds and there will be full gates at every round. Full gates always look nicer and adds that little extra to the races and is way better for the spectators, but I agree that 30 guys would be enough tho, there was quite a bit of lappers getting in the way last year when there were 40 guys on the line.
Cortami79
1/24/2018 12:21am
So, who do you guys have for the first win and who do you guys have for the title?

Podium Argentina:
MXGP
- Gajser
- Herlings
- Cairoli

MX2
- Jonass
- Lawrence
- Prado
(don't count out Covington and Olsen)

Title:
MXGP
- Herlings
- Cairoli
- Paulin

MX2
- Jonass
- Lawrence
- Olsen

Saw some really interesting video's of Mewse on his KTM last few weeks. Damn he is flying!
Jrewing
1/24/2018 12:43am
HuskyEd wrote:
Bidirella wrote:
i saw him ride in person a few weeks back at Lommel and he was flying! The Wilvo Yamaha boys where not able to follow. TM...
i saw him ride in person a few weeks back at Lommel and he was flying! The Wilvo Yamaha boys where not able to follow. TM looked really good and powerfull. Looking forward how it turns out when the real racing starts..

He can be the Darkhose
Hope this is true.

Motofinne
1/24/2018 1:35am
RD1

450:
Gajser
Herlings
Cairoli

250:
Jonass
Lawrence
Covington

The whole series

450:
Herlings
Febvre
Cairoli

250:
Lawrence
Jonass
Olsen
themrtoad
1/24/2018 2:10am
RD1.

450:
Herlings
Gajser
Van Horebeek

250:
Jonass
Olsen
Prado

Championship

450:
Cairoli
Gajser
Herlings

250:
Jonass
Olsen
Lawrence
roninho
1/24/2018 3:10am
I see multiple top 3 for the championship in MX2 which include Lawrence but no Prado. I'm curious why.
rockyuno
1/24/2018 4:43am
I'm going to go balls deep following MXGP this year... The Patagonia GP track looks killer, and the fans down there seem very passionate!! I believe...
I'm going to go balls deep following MXGP this year... The Patagonia GP track looks killer, and the fans down there seem very passionate!! I believe Argentina has a moto scene/culture that is alive and well (correct me if I'm wrong - would love to hear from anyone from or familiar with this region)

you are correct

one week before the MXGP is held one of the biggest beach race in the world, that event always brings fast racers from all over the world (VanBereven won it, Taylor Robert, Mike Brown, Potisek, Cervantes) to race the fastest locals. it's one cool event for sure

the Patagonia MXGP is something unique, the little town that holds the event is invaded with motocross fans that mixes in the hotels and restaurants with all the MXGP teams and crew. you can't talk of anything else than motocross.

a couple of days later is the MotoGP in Termas de Rio Hondo, so a lot of moto die hards meet there too.

Post a reply to: MXGP of Argentina: Entry Lists

The Latest