MXGP needs the AMA production crew

rostocker
2/17/2015 12:12am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 6:18am
I don’t know if this is just me but, when I’ve been looking at the GP races on TV it feels way slower than when I’m looking at an AMA race.
Yes, the tracks may be a little bit faster in US but I believe the way the AMA guys are positioning their cameras allows a better feel for the intensity and speed.
Now when RV stepped up, I would like Youthstream (or whomever runs this circus) hire some guys from AMA to help out with the filming and camera setup.

|
PressPassP
2/17/2015 12:29am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 12:31am
I think the noise of the bikes maybe helps you feel nearer the action in the AMA production,the cameras etc seem fine imo

Maybe we can get Baily in with Malin,it's a great combination when it happens
2/17/2015 12:42am
it seems slow because its just so darn BORING, and this is coming from a non american, tracks riders commentators all lack compared to a us national ive never watched a full race of any gp in 24 years of motocross, RV might just get me through a moto this year though
rostocker
2/17/2015 3:07am
cablecable wrote:
it seems slow because its just so darn BORING, and this is coming from a non american, tracks riders commentators all lack compared to a us...
it seems slow because its just so darn BORING, and this is coming from a non american, tracks riders commentators all lack compared to a us national ive never watched a full race of any gp in 24 years of motocross, RV might just get me through a moto this year though
I agree to some point, but even though there are a good battles they can’t "get it through the window".
I think, (I haven compared) that AMA films it more from the side and GPs from the front (riding towards the camera). Take a look at Mxdn in Colorado, I think it (the "feel") wasn’t as great as the National on the same place.
Or maybe I’m wrong.. Silly

The Shop

Kleineman
Fantasy
1802nd
2/17/2015 3:11am
I have the same feeling. The AMA are years ahead of the GPs when it comes to capturing the action on camera.
reded
2/17/2015 3:59am Edited Date/Time 2/17/2015 4:00am
rostocker wrote:
I agree to some point, but even though there are a good battles they can’t "get it through the window". I think, (I haven compared) that...
I agree to some point, but even though there are a good battles they can’t "get it through the window".
I think, (I haven compared) that AMA films it more from the side and GPs from the front (riding towards the camera). Take a look at Mxdn in Colorado, I think it (the "feel") wasn’t as great as the National on the same place.
You've nailed it. I watched some GP's last year and the camera angles are all wrong. They shoot from the front of and farther away from the action whereas the cameras in the U.S. capture the action from the side and going away which makes them seem like they're going twice as fast.

If you like moto, the GP's are watchable but don't have the same intensity on camera as the AMA series.
Hanaa80
2/17/2015 6:07am
rostocker wrote:
I agree to some point, but even though there are a good battles they can’t "get it through the window". I think, (I haven compared) that...
reded wrote:
You've nailed it. I watched some GP's last year and the camera angles are all wrong. They shoot from the front of and farther away from...
You've nailed it. I watched some GP's last year and the camera angles are all wrong. They shoot from the front of and farther away from the action whereas the cameras in the U.S. capture the action from the side and going away which makes them seem like they're going twice as fast.

If you like moto, the GP's are watchable but don't have the same intensity on camera as the AMA series.
I agree, the angles are wrong. Also the whole production looks and sounds like it's from the late 90's.
timlake
2/17/2015 6:18am
It's not the cameras, all the US riders are just going wayy faster.

Post a reply to: MXGP needs the AMA production crew

The Latest