MXGP info

Fantasy
2061st
I’m a die hard American SX and MX fan but I have decided to buy an MXGP-TV for this season. I’m completely unfamiliar with the MX2 riders and only know that the MXGP guys seem to be the fastest in the world at MX. Anything I should know or would be helpful to know? Little things too, come back stories? Rookies? Holeshot Kings who fade? Anything helps!
|
Fantasy
2061st
3/1/2020 3:06pm
Nuffsaid
3/1/2020 3:08pm
Dive into the archives of all the past years, You will not be disappointed plus Malin will amaze you with his knowledge and insight. Enjoy
Renner153
Fantasy
3583rd
3/1/2020 3:29pm
Just sit back and enjoy. Because this year is going to be awesome in mx2. Mikkel haarup is like 16 and just about won today. A few guys just getting back on the bike from injuries. inconsistency is off the charts in this class. And the factory ktm 250 will guarantee you to be in the top 5.

And after this first round...Mxgp class is going to be just as good between 222, 243 and 84
MXMattii
3/1/2020 5:35pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2020 5:47pm
Renner153 wrote:
Just sit back and enjoy. Because this year is going to be awesome in mx2. Mikkel haarup is like 16 and just about won today. A...
Just sit back and enjoy. Because this year is going to be awesome in mx2. Mikkel haarup is like 16 and just about won today. A few guys just getting back on the bike from injuries. inconsistency is off the charts in this class. And the factory ktm 250 will guarantee you to be in the top 5.

And after this first round...Mxgp class is going to be just as good between 222, 243 and 84
Mikkel Haarup is 18 (D.O.B 15/09/2001) and besides a few wildcards he's pretty much a rookie. So his performance was pretty impressive indeed.

The Shop

mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
3/1/2020 5:39pm
I think I'm mx2 there's only two riders that have won a race before. Vialle has 1 and Olson has 1 maybe 2 wins. So that class is very open
keinz
3/2/2020 12:58am
Buy the pass, and you can watch all the races from previous years, and learn.
Side note. For this year MX2, it's mandatory to watch 2019 EMX2, because lots of fast guys moved to MX2 this year
Motofinne
3/2/2020 1:01am Edited Date/Time 3/2/2020 1:07am
Try to watch all the EMX 125 and 250 races too because those riders will be in the MX2 class within 1-3 years. You could probably go back and watch the EMX archives from 2017-2019 and then you'll know the riders that currently race in MX2.
Bidirella
3/2/2020 1:21am
Vialle,Olsen and Geerts are the only with a GP win in the class and all 3 only got 1 GP win. The class is wide open.

Allot of rookies coming over from the EMX250 this year. That championship starts this weekend at Valkenswaard and will be a good one to watch to! Sometimes even better that the GP class with young kids going all out..

Vialle came kind out of no where to a Factory KTM ride and be a title contender in his second full season. Impressive!

Haarup started last year as a GP rider but didnt go as planned, dropped back to EMX 250. Switched teams this off season and come back to the GPs with a pole position and a first ever podium! Great GP comeback for the young kid. Future champ IMO..

Italian Forato is fun to watch! Big big guy but going all in all the time till the finish!
fanger
3/2/2020 2:22am
Bidirella wrote:
Vialle,Olsen and Geerts are the only with a GP win in the class and all 3 only got 1 GP win. The class is wide open...
Vialle,Olsen and Geerts are the only with a GP win in the class and all 3 only got 1 GP win. The class is wide open.

Allot of rookies coming over from the EMX250 this year. That championship starts this weekend at Valkenswaard and will be a good one to watch to! Sometimes even better that the GP class with young kids going all out..

Vialle came kind out of no where to a Factory KTM ride and be a title contender in his second full season. Impressive!

Haarup started last year as a GP rider but didnt go as planned, dropped back to EMX 250. Switched teams this off season and come back to the GPs with a pole position and a first ever podium! Great GP comeback for the young kid. Future champ IMO..

Italian Forato is fun to watch! Big big guy but going all in all the time till the finish!
Yeah holy shit forato is a weapon, loved his riding. Never even heard of him too.
3/2/2020 3:11am
Bidirella wrote:
Vialle,Olsen and Geerts are the only with a GP win in the class and all 3 only got 1 GP win. The class is wide open...

No, Kjer Olsen has 3 GP wins, 1st one is already from 2017 (Latvia). Vialle has 1 and since yesterday Geerts has 1 GP win.
As for this year, I think Vialle and Geerts are the biggest title contenders. The rest could get an win or two, like TKO, Hofer, Moosdijk, Haarup, Watson and Beaton. Probably gonna be alot more exiting than last years domination by Prado.
MZ193
3/2/2020 3:20am
Bidirella wrote:

fanger wrote:
Yeah holy shit forato is a weapon, loved his riding. Never even heard of him too.
Great guy!
He is pretty big and his riding style suits better a 450.
Followed by marco madii, the guy is capable of winning the mx2 title.
Fantasy
2061st
3/2/2020 11:59am
Renner153 wrote:
Just sit back and enjoy. Because this year is going to be awesome in mx2. Mikkel haarup is like 16 and just about won today. A...

Watched all six motos and enjoyed it a lot. Can’t wait for next weekends racing.
philG
3/2/2020 12:08pm
So while Matterley could have been a disaster , raceday was great, decent crowd , track was awesome , and racing was off the scale, even though both the MXGP races were runaways , down the field it was full on, every point was fought for, and nobody gave an inch.

This weekend moves to the traditional European season opener in Valkenswaard, which is a 4 hour run from the ferry, from the UK, so we will be hitting the ferry Thursday midnight, arriving Friday lunch and leaving straight after the race to get back for work on Monday

Weather doesn't look great , rain forecast both days , but the track will take it.

Always enjoyable, and a decent crowd too.

First round of EMX 250, which is seriously stacked again, will be 80 odd entries at a guess, always produces some proper action, even timed training is full send..
aeffertz
3/2/2020 12:12pm
Thank you for making this thread because I’m in the same exact boat. I think I’m gonna shell out the $130 or whatever for the season pass and try to keep up with the GPs this year.
Mavetism
3/2/2020 12:47pm
aeffertz wrote:
Thank you for making this thread because I’m in the same exact boat. I think I’m gonna shell out the $130 or whatever for the season...
Thank you for making this thread because I’m in the same exact boat. I think I’m gonna shell out the $130 or whatever for the season pass and try to keep up with the GPs this year.
I mean it's 20 races + Mxon, definitly worth it! And there is one really positive thing about mxgp, it's pure motocross content. No 10x crash replays or interviews during the moto's. And Malin always on point, not creating drama, just speaking facts and calling the race.

Still doesn't beat the 45€ for sx + ama mx tho. :D
ayearinmx
3/2/2020 12:53pm
philG wrote:
So while Matterley could have been a disaster , raceday was great, decent crowd , track was awesome , and racing was off the scale, even...
So while Matterley could have been a disaster , raceday was great, decent crowd , track was awesome , and racing was off the scale, even though both the MXGP races were runaways , down the field it was full on, every point was fought for, and nobody gave an inch.

This weekend moves to the traditional European season opener in Valkenswaard, which is a 4 hour run from the ferry, from the UK, so we will be hitting the ferry Thursday midnight, arriving Friday lunch and leaving straight after the race to get back for work on Monday

Weather doesn't look great , rain forecast both days , but the track will take it.

Always enjoyable, and a decent crowd too.

First round of EMX 250, which is seriously stacked again, will be 80 odd entries at a guess, always produces some proper action, even timed training is full send..
4hrs??? You riding a moped or something? Woohoo
Fantasy
2061st
3/2/2020 12:53pm
aeffertz wrote:
Thank you for making this thread because I’m in the same exact boat. I think I’m gonna shell out the $130 or whatever for the season...
Yeah man do it! I spent $143 I’m pretty sure. I watched the 4 main motos on my tv yesterday then both EMX 125s on my phone today.
flymoto
3/2/2020 1:04pm
Ben Watson is also a podium guy on his day that’s not been mentioned.

For me next weekend is one of the best of season. It’s awesome to see the boys skipping through the deep sand, even if the racing isn’t close it’s still just excellent to watch
philG
3/2/2020 1:06pm
ayearinmx wrote:
4hrs??? You riding a moped or something? Woohoo
2hrs 48mins according to Google maps, and factor in an hour for Antwerp on a Friday lunchtime lol..

Will be 3 on the way back, cos we have to get the 10pm boat, and the camper only does 82mph. LOL
philG
3/2/2020 1:13pm
flymoto wrote:
Ben Watson is also a podium guy on his day that’s not been mentioned. For me next weekend is one of the best of season. It’s...

For me next weekend is one of the best of season. It’s awesome to see the boys skipping through the deep sand, even if the racing isn’t close it’s still just excellent to watch
He lost a month of pre season with a hand injury, and had 2 days riding before the GP.. Arm pump and bike time didn't help, and lost his rear brake on lap 1 of race 2.

He will be better in Valkenswaard
flymoto
3/2/2020 1:26pm
flymoto wrote:
Ben Watson is also a podium guy on his day that’s not been mentioned. For me next weekend is one of the best of season. It’s...

philG wrote:
He lost a month of pre season with a hand injury, and had 2 days riding before the GP.. Arm pump and bike time didn't help...
He lost a month of pre season with a hand injury, and had 2 days riding before the GP.. Arm pump and bike time didn't help, and lost his rear brake on lap 1 of race 2.

Yeh I seen he lost his rear brake, I heard sewer did too In one of the races, not sure how true that was

He should come good soon then hopefully, good to see him with factory backed machinery.
philG
3/2/2020 1:31pm
flymoto wrote:

philG wrote:
He lost a month of pre season with a hand injury, and had 2 days riding before the GP.. Arm pump and bike time didn't help...

flymoto wrote:
Yeh I seen he lost his rear brake, I heard sewer did too In one of the races, not sure how true that was He should...
Yeh I seen he lost his rear brake, I heard sewer did too In one of the races, not sure how true that was

He should come good soon then hopefully, good to see him with factory backed machinery.
Seewer lost his in contact with Desalle in turn 2, Watson's was a ' bleed nipple issue'... which reading between the lines , means they didn't bleedin' tighten it up.

Post a reply to: MXGP info

The Latest