MXGP - breakaway series theory

shuggs
Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 2:39am
How hard would it be to start a new series?

To get it off the ground and making money (for EVERYONE - teams, riders, tracks) I would say it would need to be a Euro series for the first couple of years. So if I won euromillions and commited say £10m do you think that would be enough?
|
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4382nd
7/11/2019 3:03am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 3:03am
You can pour money anywhere you want but if FIM & FIM-Europe decides to shaft you with their calender. They will shaft you looong and hard.

You wouldn't be able to call it Europe or World championship unless you make your own federation and you would need the national federation to switch teams from FIM to you, which is almost impossible, just imagine the level of corruption there is now and you would need to trump it with your ammount heading to their offshore accounts... In the end it would develop the same situation as in boxing...

But i just beg you if you won euromilions and manage not to spend it all immediately on blow and hookers, please, pretty please. Renew racing in Namur. Pretty please. Thank you.
Deja New
7/11/2019 3:09am
You just need deeper pockets then the others Smile
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
7/11/2019 3:11am
Ask those that run the current WESS championship what happens when you run successful series that the FIM wants more control of.
DeStouwer
7/11/2019 3:32am
They already tried it. Like 8 years ago, the Red Bull series was started, with almost all the rounds in the UK. Some started dreaming about an alternate series, and how after some years the GP-circus would get abandoned by the top tier riders, which ofcourse never happened. The series died out.

The Shop

7/11/2019 10:47am
DeStouwer wrote:
They already tried it. Like 8 years ago, the Red Bull series was started, with almost all the rounds in the UK. Some started dreaming about...
They already tried it. Like 8 years ago, the Red Bull series was started, with almost all the rounds in the UK. Some started dreaming about an alternate series, and how after some years the GP-circus would get abandoned by the top tier riders, which ofcourse never happened. The series died out.
I remember this too. Didn’t they actually have some races elsewhere in Europe? But as you said, it looked promising but died out.
Nuffsaid
7/11/2019 11:02am
shuggs wrote:
How hard would it be to start a new series? To get it off the ground and making money (for EVERYONE - teams, riders, tracks) I...
How hard would it be to start a new series?

To get it off the ground and making money (for EVERYONE - teams, riders, tracks) I would say it would need to be a Euro series for the first couple of years. So if I won euromillions and commited say £10m do you think that would be enough?
Are you trying to say the teams, riders and tracks don’t make money?
byke
7/11/2019 11:07am Edited Date/Time 7/11/2019 11:08am
One problem is where the money comes from. So you start something with good payouts and sure that makes the rider want to hit your series, but the big bullies in town will keep the rider's team from allowing it. The very top guys make big bucks, so your £10m isn't going far with them, so forget about the top 1-5 right off the bat. It'd be a huge undertaking, but you'd want to start talking to other businesses that aren't sponsoring the main series and other big shops and get them prepped to start a new team, figure a half dozen. They'd need to be spring-loaded in case you were able to work something out. Then you'd want to hit the 6-20 group of riders really hard and your timing would have to be such that their contract were up and you'd have to bribe them with a guaranteed amount to not sign with anyone that wasn't contractually willing to join your series. You'd have some gnarly bribing conversations with a looooooot of people, but I think with that money, a really smart team of 6-12 people and a shit ton of luck and effort, you could successfully start a new series.
tp4
7/11/2019 11:18am
pretty sure the manufacturers have a say.
byke
7/11/2019 11:24am
To a point. You can always take the SmartTop route if they're being douches.
philG
7/11/2019 12:47pm
Just no... its like saying ' we are going to start a new government'... it cant and wont happen

Post a reply to: MXGP - breakaway series theory

The Latest