MXGP VS USA MX Suspension set-up

YZ324
May be old news but it seems the GP guys have a softer suspension than Americans. I remember watching RV2 over there and his bike was setup totally different than everyone else. Just going by what you could see in how it reacted to the track conditions. Why is this?
|
Leeham
Fantasy
3084th
10/4/2020 7:21pm
Long time ago, I remember a pro interview and he was talking about how the tracks in the US have more jumps and steeper jump needing more hold up. Not to mention riding over half the year on stiff SX setups, im sure its awkward to go much softer.
Tumic
10/5/2020 3:20am
YZ324 wrote:
May be old news but it seems the GP guys have a softer suspension than Americans. I remember watching RV2 over there and his bike was...
May be old news but it seems the GP guys have a softer suspension than Americans. I remember watching RV2 over there and his bike was setup totally different than everyone else. Just going by what you could see in how it reacted to the track conditions. Why is this?
When it comes to RV’s MXGP setup he was not interested in getting prepared the right way. He and Tyla rode in US until the last minute and then went over for a weeks testing before the first GP.

Had he spent the whole winter over in Belgium, Holland, France and italy with the team his bike would have worked way better. But as we all know, he was not comitted to that mxgp ride.

As for US setups, its often talked about that the main sport in us is SX and when you only have a couple of weeks between end of sx and start of mx they dont have the time to get comfortable on a setup that is as soft as the mxgp guys runs.

So all the us guys rides a happy medium setup and accepts it knowing that all the other guys have the same ”bad hard setup”
FU2
10/5/2020 4:07am
YZ324 wrote:
May be old news but it seems the GP guys have a softer suspension than Americans. I remember watching RV2 over there and his bike was...
Tumic wrote:
When it comes to RV’s MXGP setup he was not interested in getting prepared the right way. He and Tyla rode in US until the last...
When it comes to RV’s MXGP setup he was not interested in getting prepared the right way. He and Tyla rode in US until the last minute and then went over for a weeks testing before the first GP.

Had he spent the whole winter over in Belgium, Holland, France and italy with the team his bike would have worked way better. But as we all know, he was not comitted to that mxgp ride.

As for US setups, its often talked about that the main sport in us is SX and when you only have a couple of weeks between end of sx and start of mx they dont have the time to get comfortable on a setup that is as soft as the mxgp guys runs.

So all the us guys rides a happy medium setup and accepts it knowing that all the other guys have the same ”bad hard setup”
Did RV say that personal to you? That he wasn't interested in the mxgp season or setup for it?

Or was it the person who he offered a cash load of money to work for him as the suspension guy.
There are a handful of guy's in Belgium/Holland or Germany who can give any rider the set up they want on there bike. No matter what level. Just call the right person and what i heard he offered the right person a big cheque for this.

rumors rumors rumors
duckdog77
10/5/2020 4:21am
MXGP can also modify their frames. I would think this would lead to pretty drastically different suspension settings being available.

The Shop

Tumic
10/5/2020 1:11pm
FU2 wrote:
Did RV say that personal to you? That he wasn't interested in the mxgp season or setup for it? Or was it the person who he...
Did RV say that personal to you? That he wasn't interested in the mxgp season or setup for it?

Or was it the person who he offered a cash load of money to work for him as the suspension guy.
There are a handful of guy's in Belgium/Holland or Germany who can give any rider the set up they want on there bike. No matter what level. Just call the right person and what i heard he offered the right person a big cheque for this.

rumors rumors rumors
No rumors. If you are gonna race at the other side of the world at a certain type of tracks, where is the best place to prepare for it? Did he look like he was in good shape when he came over? Nope..

His mxgp ride was just a sad way out of his contract, not a full ”embrace it” deal.

You just need some basic knowlege about racing, not a call from RV to se that..
cable
10/5/2020 1:17pm
Anstie bike looks pretty soft. Like to see him run up front. I believe RV2 said on a podcast that he couldnt get comortable on the bike. He could not get the bike tuned he way he wanted it. bike was quite a bit different than his US bike
Lastander
10/5/2020 1:18pm
FU2 wrote:
Did RV say that personal to you? That he wasn't interested in the mxgp season or setup for it? Or was it the person who he...

rumors rumors rumors
Tumic wrote:
No rumors. If you are gonna race at the other side of the world at a certain type of tracks, where is the best place to...
No rumors. If you are gonna race at the other side of the world at a certain type of tracks, where is the best place to prepare for it? Did he look like he was in good shape when he came over? Nope..

His mxgp ride was just a sad way out of his contract, not a full ”embrace it” deal.

You just need some basic knowlege about racing, not a call from RV to se that..
Weird thing is that when i rode with RV and herlings at Veldhofven that year, RV’s bike was sooo low in the rear.
I guess that he rode with a super low rear height and stiff ass hell? Herlings was 2-3 seconds a lap faster on a 250 and his bike was riding so much higher in the stroke of the suspension
Tumic
10/6/2020 4:47am
cable wrote:
Anstie bike looks pretty soft. Like to see him run up front. I believe RV2 said on a podcast that he couldnt get comortable on the...
Anstie bike looks pretty soft. Like to see him run up front. I believe RV2 said on a podcast that he couldnt get comortable on the bike. He could not get the bike tuned he way he wanted it. bike was quite a bit different than his US bike
And by staying in us the whole winter on probably a us based practice bike, there was not much time to get comfortable on it either when he finally came over and started riding the european spec works bike.

I would have loved to see him do good over ”here” but i think he was a little naive and thought that what he was doing going in to the seasong was enough.

Post a reply to: MXGP VS USA MX Suspension set-up

The Latest