MXGP Rumours/Silly season

crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/20/2020 7:12am
crusty_xx wrote:
Not really silly season but also not worth a new thread: Does anybody know what's going on with Brian Hsu? I thought he'd be lining up...
Not really silly season but also not worth a new thread:

Does anybody know what's going on with Brian Hsu? I thought he'd be lining up today in Grevenbroich for MX Masters alongside Ekerold.

I also heard that he's been in talks with diga procross to replace sydow or Längenfelder in MX2. Not sure if that's true or if he's even able to get out of his Suzuki contract. I think it would be his last MX2 season anyway because of the age rule.
philG wrote:
What Suzuki contract. He has been a free agent for ages.
He was supposed to line up today for Castrol Power1 Suzuki. He's even on the entry list
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/20/2020 7:51am
crusty_xx wrote:
Not really silly season but also not worth a new thread: Does anybody know what's going on with Brian Hsu? I thought he'd be lining up...

Does anybody know what's going on with Brian Hsu? I thought he'd be lining up today in Grevenbroich for MX Masters alongside Ekerold.

I also heard that he's been in talks with diga procross to replace sydow or Längenfelder in MX2. Not sure if that's true or if he's even able to get out of his Suzuki contract. I think it would be his last MX2 season anyway because of the age rule.
Nevermind, Gasgas went with Sandner and Gifting
tek14
9/20/2020 8:04am
crusty_xx wrote:

philG wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
He was supposed to line up today for Castrol Power1 Suzuki. He's even on the entry list
So Hsu isnt racing at all now?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/20/2020 8:22am
philG wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
tek14 wrote:
So Hsu isnt racing at all now?
idk. He was supposed to race today. It's only a 2 race series, so I guess that he won't race the second race either. Afaik the deal was only for MX Masters and some supercross race in Europe

The Shop

JackLHyde
9/21/2020 3:55am
crusty_xx wrote:
idk. He was supposed to race today. It's only a 2 race series, so I guess that he won't race the second race either. Afaik the...
idk. He was supposed to race today. It's only a 2 race series, so I guess that he won't race the second race either. Afaik the deal was only for MX Masters and some supercross race in Europe
He and the team quit working together days prior to Grevenbroich. Obviously the replacement ride for Diga also fell through.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/21/2020 3:58am
crusty_xx wrote:
idk. He was supposed to race today. It's only a 2 race series, so I guess that he won't race the second race either. Afaik the...
JackLHyde wrote:
He and the team quit working together days prior to Grevenbroich. Obviously the replacement ride for Diga also fell through.
Damn... Guess he's going to be building violins for a living soon. What a shame
2stroketango
9/21/2020 2:57pm
crusty_xx wrote:
JackLHyde wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I really wonder what his issues are since his departure from factory Suzuki. Are his handlers (Manager/Agent, etc.) giving him bad direction/advice or is it something about his personality (flakey, difficult to work with, etc.)? He's sabotaged his own career.
philG
9/21/2020 3:39pm
JackLHyde wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
I really wonder what his issues are since his departure from factory Suzuki. Are his handlers (Manager/Agent, etc.) giving him bad direction/advice or is it something...
I really wonder what his issues are since his departure from factory Suzuki. Are his handlers (Manager/Agent, etc.) giving him bad direction/advice or is it something about his personality (flakey, difficult to work with, etc.)? He's sabotaged his own career.
I am going with the 'self managed' line..

He is obviously a fucking nightmare, because nobody that talented is out of a ride for any other reason.
DeStouwer
9/26/2020 6:34am
Conrad Mewse extended his contract with Hitachi KTM UK with 2 more years.
DeStouwer
10/1/2020 6:47am
Jago Geerts renewed his contract with Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MX2 for two more years. It looks like Maxime Renaux signed aswell.

visser62
10/1/2020 7:31am
Kind of surprised to see TKO in at Husky 450 and Jonass out. I like TKO and I hope he does well, just been a rough couple of years for him.
Snapper
10/1/2020 8:49am
visser62 wrote:
Kind of surprised to see TKO in at Husky 450 and Jonass out. I like TKO and I hope he does well, just been a rough...
Kind of surprised to see TKO in at Husky 450 and Jonass out. I like TKO and I hope he does well, just been a rough couple of years for him.
TKO's riding at the last two GPs make him a solid choice IMO. Jonass will get another shot at a factory team I'm sure...
visser62
10/1/2020 8:52am
Any ideas where Watson will end up?
I don't really know what to make of Watson. At times he's fast, but he never made that leap to contender in MX2 I thought he would.
Snapper
10/1/2020 9:16am
Any ideas where Watson will end up?
Snapper wrote:
Gebben Venrooy would be a good fit.
Probably his best choice at the moment, either replacing Lupino or Covington.
Perhaps. But where would he fit in within the MXGP class? Covington (from memory) used to always have the upper hand when they raced in MX2.

Lupino has had some decent motos this year.
ATKpilot99
10/1/2020 9:19am
Snapper wrote:
Gebben Venrooy would be a good fit.
Snapper wrote:
Perhaps. But where would he fit in within the MXGP class? Covington (from memory) used to always have the upper hand when they raced in MX2...
Perhaps. But where would he fit in within the MXGP class? Covington (from memory) used to always have the upper hand when they raced in MX2.

Lupino has had some decent motos this year.
Covington is not Covington anymore.
Bidirella
10/1/2020 10:20am
visser62 wrote:
Kind of surprised to see TKO in at Husky 450 and Jonass out. I like TKO and I hope he does well, just been a rough...
Snapper wrote:
TKO's riding at the last two GPs make him a solid choice IMO. Jonass will get another shot at a factory team I'm sure...
Jonass Will go to gasgas to take over Coldenhoff his spot
Bidirella
10/1/2020 10:23am
Lets be honest, who wants to sign Covington if he is not coming with a bag full of cash...

Not to blame or bash on the guy but it’s the hard truth those days... with some luck and a good moto on his part he can get a few points. That’s not something a team like Gebben or any of those type off teams are looking for right?
Conkey
10/1/2020 10:29am
From a really good source, Glenn gets $500,000 salary from Standing. Not sure what his Red Bull deal is but I'm sure he's at least a $800,000 to $1,000,000 rider after bonuses.
Cortami79
10/1/2020 1:33pm
Conkey wrote:
From a really good source, Glenn gets $500,000 salary from Standing. Not sure what his Red Bull deal is but I'm sure he's at least a...
From a really good source, Glenn gets $500,000 salary from Standing. Not sure what his Red Bull deal is but I'm sure he's at least a $800,000 to $1,000,000 rider after bonuses.
His base salary for Yamaha will be around that from what I’ve heard.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
10/1/2020 1:40pm
Bidirella wrote:
Jonass will replace Coldenhoff at GasGas
Dobermann wrote:
Maybe...and Coldenhoff in Yama Monster with Seewer
Renaux in Factory Yama MX2
Dobermann wrote:
Yamaha Motor Europe Confirms Jago Geerts & Maxime Renaux Through 2022

https://www.mxbars.net/2020/10/01/yamaha-motor-europe-confirms-jago-gee…
now that's a team that can take it to the KTMs.
F&H as well. v/d Moosdijk will be good next year. And I'm expecting Haarup to improve a lot as well (assuming he stays put). Maybe not a title threat, but good for podiums and possibly wins.
philG
10/1/2020 2:57pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Covington is not Covington anymore.
A truer sentence has not been written,
10/1/2020 2:59pm
visser62 wrote:
I think TKO to IceOne has been pretty much done for a year or two already. He has been on a Husky forever and it has just seemed obvious for so long that when he moves up it’s on a Husky.
He has had a rough and probably very frustrating year since this was supposed to be his time to finally get his hands on that title, but he’s back to winning races even if he says he’s not quite 100% yet so it’s looking good for him. He has also always been a big guy for a 250. With AJ as his team mate IceOne is fielding probably the biggest team we’ve ever seen in the GP pits lol.
10/1/2020 9:32pm
visser62 wrote:
I don't really know what to make of Watson. At times he's fast, but he never made that leap to contender in MX2 I thought he...
I don't really know what to make of Watson. At times he's fast, but he never made that leap to contender in MX2 I thought he would.
He's a nearly man. His starts don't do him any favours and most of the time he's coming through the pack although he's got good stamina and is always strong at the end of the race.

I think he'll do ok on a 450, he's too lanky for a 250 and looks cramped on it.
roninho
10/1/2020 10:33pm
Dobermann wrote:
Maybe...and Coldenhoff in Yama Monster with Seewer
Renaux in Factory Yama MX2
Dobermann wrote:
Yamaha Motor Europe Confirms Jago Geerts & Maxime Renaux Through 2022

https://www.mxbars.net/2020/10/01/yamaha-motor-europe-confirms-jago-gee…
crusty_xx wrote:
now that's a team that can take it to the KTMs. F&H as well. v/d Moosdijk will be good next year. And I'm expecting Haarup to...
now that's a team that can take it to the KTMs.
F&H as well. v/d Moosdijk will be good next year. And I'm expecting Haarup to improve a lot as well (assuming he stays put). Maybe not a title threat, but good for podiums and possibly wins.
Yeah its nice to see Yamaha and Kawasaki being in the mix.

Post a reply to: MXGP Rumours/Silly season

The Latest