MXGP Race Attendance in US Now?

Related:
Create New Tag

10/7/2018 6:22 PM

If and when the MXGP series has another race in the US, how much will the attendance pick up now? It might be fair to say American fans have always thought the MXGP series was second rate compared to AMA series. The race attendance has been pretty poor when they come here. Will that change now? I would go just to watch Herlings.

|

10/7/2018 6:33 PM

No it won't. Because unfortunately , we tend to live in our own little world here and focus on indoor's. And that's what the casual fan want's to see. The casual fan doesn't care that Jeffrey Herling's killed our rider's today....because what matter's to them is SX. Core fan's......like who mostly post here , think differently. The fact is........99% of the casual fan's DON'T post here. And that is who the sponsor's shoot for. And in my own opinion......is killing our outdoor's.

It will be longer than 1 year to make any sort of come back. It will be year's , because the GP crowd take's the outdoor's seriously. We don't. At least compared to them , right now any ways.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/7/2018 6:37 PM

I think it would be a lot better but one of the biggest problems I see is there Series in our series run at the same time. I think writers from each series are worried about getting injured for the respective Series so most of them don't take a chance and try the other one although they might want to or maybe their sponsor sway them to not try it either

|

10/7/2018 6:43 PM

Considering the GPs come here and at worst the US riders have won 2 of the 4 motos. It will be tough. The US riders won 3 out of 4 motos at GH in 15. They won 3 out of 4 in Charlotte and both overalls and 2 out of 4 in Glen Helen 16 and one overall and in Jacksonville 17 the yanks won 3 of the 4 motos and a overall. Which means in all the latest GPs the Americans have never gone more than a Moto with out winning including some pretty domaint performances including 15 Helen Moto 1 250s and Charlotte 16 450 first Moto.

|

10/7/2018 8:33 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

No it won't. Because unfortunately , we tend to live in our own little world here and focus on indoor's. And that's what the ...more

No less than 10 unnecessary apostrophes in a single post, truly impressive.

|

10/7/2018 8:40 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

No it won't. Because unfortunately , we tend to live in our own little world here and focus on indoor's. And that's what the ...more

Adam43 wrote:

What's are you, the apostrophe's police?

|

10/7/2018 8:48 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Adam43 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

Do you know what's funny? I bet you Adam43 read his post 10 times over to make sure there were no mistakes in it before he hit the submit button!

|

10/7/2018 9:53 PM

Would be cool to have a combined National and USGP. That would bring out the fans.

|

10/7/2018 10:06 PM

Adam43 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

Ewan49 wrote:

Do you know what's funny? I bet you Adam43 read his post 10 times over to make sure there were no mistakes in it before he hit ...more

Should be a period after post. Also a capital T on Truly.

That sentence is actually two sentences with 2 statements. Not a continuation of the original.

As he typed it, it should have read, "...post, which is truly impressive."

|

My post is my opinion. If you don't agree with it, I'm OK with it.

10/7/2018 10:23 PM

Spat24 wrote:

Would be cool to have a combined National and USGP. That would bring out the fans.

Love the idea, just dont see it working because attendance & sponsorship would at least need to be doubled (2 parties would need $ since also youthstream would want a sanction fee)

|

10/7/2018 10:42 PM

Park Boys wrote:

Considering the GPs come here and at worst the US riders have won 2 of the 4 motos. It will be tough. The US riders won 3 out ...more

Yes, this is true but one could argue that when pressure is involved, the US does not do so well. When it doesn't matter, the US does well. But when the pressure is on, not so well. For all we know, Herlings might have been drunk when Webb beat him...who knows? I can't see Webb touching Herlings at this moment. Herlings and Prado are no bullshit. I don't think your stats would hold up in the future.

|