MXGP Of Germany - Race Discussion

RG1
5/21/2017 11:32am
EnvyMedia wrote:
In just 3 races, Herlings made 77 points up on Gajser.

Still a lot of points behind Cairoli though.
I think Herlings will finish 2nd in the championship. He may well score more points than Cairoli between now and the end of the season, but I don't see him making up 84 points on Cairoli. I know made up almost that much on Gajser in 3 races, but Cairoli is just so good at managing a championship lead
5/21/2017 11:49am

Championship standings after todays round. Cairoli got quite the grip on this championship so far!
5/21/2017 12:43pm
EnvyMedia wrote:

RG1 wrote:
I think Herlings will finish 2nd in the championship. He may well score more points than Cairoli between now and the end of the season, but...
I think Herlings will finish 2nd in the championship. He may well score more points than Cairoli between now and the end of the season, but I don't see him making up 84 points on Cairoli. I know made up almost that much on Gajser in 3 races, but Cairoli is just so good at managing a championship lead
Yes beating Cairoli for the championship will be a very hard task. Getting top 3 for the championship in the end will be a good result nonetheless.
Yep
5/21/2017 2:18pm
Suzuki on 2 top steps of podium, the Everts are showing some wisdom with the Lawrence & Jasikonis signings.

The Shop

kiwifan
5/21/2017 3:10pm
EnvyMedia wrote:

RG1 wrote:
I think Herlings will finish 2nd in the championship. He may well score more points than Cairoli between now and the end of the season, but...
well to be fair he made up a lot of points on TG due to TG's DNF last round and riding this weekend with injury....so unless AC has a similar problem that TG has had then yes it will be difficult for JH to catch that 84 points.
DeStouwer
5/22/2017 3:31am
Anstie really surprises me so far, he's doing very good. Not considering his absence due injury, he has scored every moto so far, something that's been different in the past.
Aryen
5/22/2017 11:20am
Aryen wrote:
Gajser 33rd gate pick.

I think it's between the KTM boys tomorrow.
No rocket science but still...
Bidirella
5/22/2017 11:56am
One little crash for Cairoli and a little injury and everybody is right on him. You can see what happend to Gasjer, it can happend to everybody.

Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/22/2017 12:32pm
Bidirella wrote:
One little crash for Cairoli and a little injury and everybody is right on him. You can see what happend to Gasjer, it can happend to...
One little crash for Cairoli and a little injury and everybody is right on him. You can see what happend to Gasjer, it can happend to everybody.

Gasjer has been pretty lucky to not get hurt these last couple years and it looks like it's starting to catch up to him. If something were to happen to AC and Gasjer can't keep healthy then this would be Herlings title to lose even with his shitty start. No one else stands a chance.
Aryen
5/22/2017 12:38pm
Bidirella wrote:
One little crash for Cairoli and a little injury and everybody is right on him. You can see what happend to Gasjer, it can happend to...

Park Boys wrote:
Gasjer has been pretty lucky to not get hurt these last couple years and it looks like it's starting to catch up to him. If something...
Gasjer has been pretty lucky to not get hurt these last couple years and it looks like it's starting to catch up to him. If something were to happen to AC and Gasjer can't keep healthy then this would be Herlings title to lose even with his shitty start. No one else stands a chance.
Cairoli is a smart racer, you of all people would know
5/22/2017 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2017 12:59pm
Bidirella wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
Gasjer has been pretty lucky to not get hurt these last couple years and it looks like it's starting to catch up to him. If something...
Aryen wrote:
Yes he is. He minimizes his risks as much as possible. He won't go all out on a bad day to salvage points and he doesn't do a lot of sketchy things on the track. You could say he's actually right the opposite of Gajser. To me it's a wonder Gajser still hasn't broken anything. He's always pushing his limits.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
5/22/2017 1:17pm
Aryen wrote:
I don't think AC will get hurt. But if he did the series would not be wide open. We are getting to a point where only a few guys can win.
Aryen
5/22/2017 1:26pm
Aryen wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
I don't think AC will get hurt. But if he did the series would not be wide open. We are getting to a point where only...
I don't think AC will get hurt. But if he did the series would not be wide open. We are getting to a point where only a few guys can win.
Three guys, with Paulin as an outsider
captmoto
5/22/2017 1:49pm
I was on the "Jeffrey is a sandbagger bandwagon" but now I am on the "Jeffrey Herlings" bandwagon. I'm glad to see him doing well, the kid is for real. But for a weak start he might have pulled it off in Germany. If he keeps pulling off wins and 2nds he could win it all but I see him top 3. Which is amazing considering his shitty start.
Cairolli, "Il Maestro" what a beast. 13 years and still at the front.
KTM, what a powerhouse, worldwide.
line-up
5/22/2017 2:05pm
captmoto wrote:
I was on the "Jeffrey is a sandbagger bandwagon" but now I am on the "Jeffrey Herlings" bandwagon. I'm glad to see him doing well, the...
I was on the "Jeffrey is a sandbagger bandwagon" but now I am on the "Jeffrey Herlings" bandwagon. I'm glad to see him doing well, the kid is for real. But for a weak start he might have pulled it off in Germany. If he keeps pulling off wins and 2nds he could win it all but I see him top 3. Which is amazing considering his shitty start.
Cairolli, "Il Maestro" what a beast. 13 years and still at the front.
KTM, what a powerhouse, worldwide.
Actually he's been winning GP races for 14 consecutive years (!!!!!)
5/22/2017 2:14pm
OK, I watched. Some good racing! Did I imagine things, or did Gasjer lose his visor twice? I'm pretty sure he knocked it off during the qualification race on Saturday, but did he lose it again on Sunday, or did I just completely miss something there? As I noted in another thread, I had a lot of problems getting MXGP to work yesterday. The audio was all jacked up for much of all 4 motos, so I could have missed something.

Any of you MXGP bros help out this Yankee bro?

That second 450 moto...man I thought JH was gonna catch TC. Boy was I surprised to see TC open the gap up by the time they finished. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was.
philG
5/22/2017 2:26pm
Gajser runs a magnetic peak on his helmet , and it got knocked off again on sunday ,, he was very subdued in both races, but was on it on saturday, was a crash that anyone could have had.

Herlimgs didnt make a start in the second one, and took too long to get to 2nd place, by which time Cairoli was gone, he was working on making passes but it was tough , and after race 1 AC was eager to gap the field , and he did, Herlings did close a little midway through but didnt trouble AC enough to worry
5/22/2017 2:31pm
philG wrote:
Gajser runs a magnetic peak on his helmet , and it got knocked off again on sunday ,, he was very subdued in both races, but...
Gajser runs a magnetic peak on his helmet , and it got knocked off again on sunday ,, he was very subdued in both races, but was on it on saturday, was a crash that anyone could have had.

Herlimgs didnt make a start in the second one, and took too long to get to 2nd place, by which time Cairoli was gone, he was working on making passes but it was tough , and after race 1 AC was eager to gap the field , and he did, Herlings did close a little midway through but didnt trouble AC enough to worry
Thanks, Phil.

I saw the gap grow from about nine seconds to almost 13 by the time the race ended, so I'm not sure I agree with you on that part, but it doesn't matter. It was a good race, and TC showed why he is a multi-time World Champion. That guy is amazing - not to mention - ageless.
Yep
5/22/2017 2:52pm
Noticed the top 7 in MX2 were within spitting distance most of moto 2. The racing this season is outstanding.
philG
5/22/2017 3:05pm
Thanks, Phil. I saw the gap grow from about nine seconds to almost 13 by the time the race ended, so I'm not sure I agree...
Thanks, Phil.

I saw the gap grow from about nine seconds to almost 13 by the time the race ended, so I'm not sure I agree with you on that part, but it doesn't matter. It was a good race, and TC showed why he is a multi-time World Champion. That guy is amazing - not to mention - ageless.
Even when Herlings was 4th, he was inching closer, but as he got to 2nd Cairoli upped the pace, and kept the gap, and made it grow to the point where Herlings had to give it best ..

We had a good visual from where we were standing, and we thought JH would have something especially when he sussed a line round the turn into the sand, but he didnt make any ground once he hit 2nd.

Moto 1 was a classic , crowd went nuts when Herlings made the pass.
captmoto
5/22/2017 4:14pm
line-up wrote:
Actually he's been winning GP races for 14 consecutive years (!!!!!)
Even better.
Yep
5/22/2017 5:34pm
Thanks, Phil. I saw the gap grow from about nine seconds to almost 13 by the time the race ended, so I'm not sure I agree...
Thanks, Phil.

philG wrote:
Even when Herlings was 4th, he was inching closer, but as he got to 2nd Cairoli upped the pace, and kept the gap, and made it...
Even when Herlings was 4th, he was inching closer, but as he got to 2nd Cairoli upped the pace, and kept the gap, and made it grow to the point where Herlings had to give it best ..

We had a good visual from where we were standing, and we thought JH would have something especially when he sussed a line round the turn into the sand, but he didnt make any ground once he hit 2nd.

Moto 1 was a classic , crowd went nuts when Herlings made the pass.
Herlings still seems a little subdued or rather more "workmanlike". Febvre was finding some nice alternative lines, miss him up in the thick of things.
malachi177
5/22/2017 6:54pm
Seewer is the real deal. He's probably my favourite rider as of right now, most definitely my favourite on a 250.
philG
5/23/2017 1:08am
Febvre looked good all weekend, but caught his foot badly in moto 2 after 3 or 4 laps, which slowed him up... ligament damage , hopes to be fit next week.
jamma10
5/23/2017 3:05am
Awesome riding by Cairoli, couldn't help but think he deliberately let Herlings through in the first moto.

The track looked savage on the TV!
St Ann More
5/23/2017 7:10am
jamma10 wrote:
Awesome riding by Cairoli, couldn't help but think he deliberately let Herlings through in the first moto.

The track looked savage on the TV!
Did come across that way, didn't put up much of a fight and Herlings was faster at that point.

He then reeled him towards the end and Jeffrey looked gassed during the interview after keeping him at bay after moto 1.

Post a reply to: MXGP Of Germany - Race Discussion

The Latest