MXGP Mexico spectators

kkawboy14
Wow what was there like 200 spectators there?

No wonder they are happy with 10,000 in the USA
|
Motofinne
4/3/2017 7:24am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 7:27am
I thought those stands looked pretty much sold out? At least not many seats empty.

The Shop

ehr400
4/3/2017 7:35am
More people at Middle School Football games.
rrjr
4/3/2017 7:37am
More spectators in Leon than there were in Qatar.
kkawboy14
4/3/2017 8:11am
rrjr wrote:
200 in Leon, 20 in Qatar......I think I see why American Journalists don't give it a lot of credit.
cameron96
4/3/2017 8:16am
Looked like you can see 12% of the track from those stands.... gotta be a better track in that country

Argentina had a great turnout
Yep
4/3/2017 8:27am
rrjr wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
200 in Leon, 20 in Qatar......I think I see why American Journalists don't give it a lot of credit.
The fans there could probably name most all the riders there, I seriously doubt if the GP fans there could even name one "American Journalist "
Mx814
4/3/2017 8:33am
I just watched the race.

200 is pushing it....

What a POS.
Stuntman949
4/3/2017 9:25am
Track wasnt the best but it sure made me want to ride for whatever thats worth! Over watered corners, under watered straights. A Southern California tradition
kkawboy14
4/3/2017 10:36am Edited Date/Time 4/3/2017 10:37am
Track wasnt the best but it sure made me want to ride for whatever thats worth! Over watered corners, under watered straights. A Southern California tradition
Didn't seem world class. I often wonder if they have chosen to not touch the track much for the whole weekend only as a strategy to save money instead of being something cool.
Pakoyz250f
Fantasy
1588th
4/3/2017 10:55am
There were more than 2,000 for sure during the races a lot of people were in the pits or just walking, the few stands were full but the sun was too much at times. Yeah the track is not good, certainly Mexico has better tracks or could have better ones. We have a lot of Scenery in all the country to have a beautiful track but I dunno I think it's in Leon because Leon also has the WRC and that it's a Huge succes!

Either way I am a freaking happy fan! and I mean happy of being able to watch it live, get to know the riders whom are great to us fans! I also had the chance to talk to Jean Michel Bayle last year and this year with Stefan Everts! I talked to Tim Gajser, Romain, Bobryshev, Nagl and so on!! I really think that Motocross is the greatest sport on earth! I love it but the fans here in Vital not so much... I'm tired of reading that absolutely everything sucks.. Gps sucks, supercross sucks, Dungey sucks, tracks sucks, too windy, too wet, too small, too sandy, and so on! So yeah I am happy to watch Supercross live, MXGPs live and then the Nationals... some races have no passes, whatever just watching those guys ride is great and the riders are great, greater than the fans who are complaining about everything..

Peace! I'm out
ratonmacias
4/3/2017 10:57am
I was there a friend got me a pitlane pass. got to watch the races from the Mechanics straight. Dont really Know how many people actually attended but the spectating areas i could see from my view were sold out. the infield of the track has many trees and shrubs so its difficult to watch it. There really arent any cool permanent tracks that could hold a GP race.

A lot could be done to the infield to make spectating better. the track was well watered for the first motos. it got dry for the second motos. Due to the type of soil its difficult to water it for the second motos because the bikes pack the soil and water doesnt permeate. it just stays on top making puddles. it was warm sunny and windy too which dries out everything faster.
ratonmacias
4/3/2017 11:06am
those who say passing wasnt possible werent there plenty of rides through the pack. for example Paturel was dead last on the first lap of moto 2 and passed 14 to 15 bikes to 8th.
c3011
4/3/2017 4:48pm
It looked like the 450 gate was almost half empty for the start...
Yep
4/3/2017 7:02pm
c3011 wrote:
It looked like the 450 gate was almost half empty for the start...
Lotta moola for the smaller teams
bsharkey
4/3/2017 7:06pm
Track looked horrible
that's nothing new, I thought after last year there was no way they would come back
Yep
4/3/2017 7:17pm
Track looked horrible
bsharkey wrote:
that's nothing new, I thought after last year there was no way they would come back
GPs are tough and groomed tracks are not part of it, many tracks in the European leg of the circus are even rougher. The big dogs gut it out as the norm.
captmoto
4/3/2017 7:37pm
What about the jump faces, gotta remember to water the jump faces.
Stuntman949
4/4/2017 7:40am
captmoto wrote:
What about the jump faces, gotta remember to water the jump faces.
Helps us whip on accident bro!
bdlcks
4/4/2017 10:06am Edited Date/Time 4/4/2017 10:07am
I went with very little expectations and I left with a new respect for the GP's and Mexico. Just about everything was better than a national at Glen Helen. The portable toilets were top of the line with water, soap and mirrors in them and a guy that cleans them as people exit.. The people were nice (lots of kids) and Leon was a really clean city. I'm now interested in going back to Mexico for vacation. Sorry to say but the Mexicans and MXGP but on a better and more organized event than the slumlords here in the US do.
4/4/2017 10:11am
bdlcks wrote:
I went with very little expectations and I left with a new respect for the GP's and Mexico. Just about everything was better than a national...
I went with very little expectations and I left with a new respect for the GP's and Mexico. Just about everything was better than a national at Glen Helen. The portable toilets were top of the line with water, soap and mirrors in them and a guy that cleans them as people exit.. The people were nice (lots of kids) and Leon was a really clean city. I'm now interested in going back to Mexico for vacation. Sorry to say but the Mexicans and MXGP but on a better and more organized event than the slumlords here in the US do.
BOOM!

Nice report, bro. Thank you.
kkawboy14
4/4/2017 10:13am
bdlcks wrote:
I went with very little expectations and I left with a new respect for the GP's and Mexico. Just about everything was better than a national...
It's easy to do all that when, no one is there to use the bathrooms, you get paid $400,000 per event and pay out nothing to the riders.

Not that I don't think the AMA Nationals could do better in areas......
jpmoney57
4/4/2017 10:56am
It can't be as bad as I first hand witnessed at Qatar in 2015, it was free entry and no word of a lie there was less than 10 cars in the parking lot for the event. The GP glory days are well and truly over
4/4/2017 11:03am
I honestly think it comes down to tracks, no one cares to watch people ride that shitty Qatar track and Leon is basically the same style. No elevation, just table tops and turns very boring.
1-forty-8
4/4/2017 11:39am
I honestly think it comes down to tracks, no one cares to watch people ride that shitty Qatar track and Leon is basically the same style...
I honestly think it comes down to tracks, no one cares to watch people ride that shitty Qatar track and Leon is basically the same style. No elevation, just table tops and turns very boring.
I'm glad those races are out the way for another year to be honest. I get excited about the GP's every year then I remember how awful the first few races are. I wish they would fuck Qatar off already. The first 3 rounds should be Australia, New Zeland and Japan. Then go to Europe. Then do Brazil, Argentina and somewhere in the states before ending in Europe. That would be perfect.
4/4/2017 11:49am
I honestly think it comes down to tracks, no one cares to watch people ride that shitty Qatar track and Leon is basically the same style...
1-forty-8 wrote:
I'm glad those races are out the way for another year to be honest. I get excited about the GP's every year then I remember how...
I'm glad those races are out the way for another year to be honest. I get excited about the GP's every year then I remember how awful the first few races are. I wish they would fuck Qatar off already. The first 3 rounds should be Australia, New Zeland and Japan. Then go to Europe. Then do Brazil, Argentina and somewhere in the states before ending in Europe. That would be perfect.
Bro, I like the way you think. That would be a solid schedule.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/4/2017 11:54am
Pakoyz250f wrote:
There were more than 2,000 for sure during the races a lot of people were in the pits or just walking, the few stands were full...
There were more than 2,000 for sure during the races a lot of people were in the pits or just walking, the few stands were full but the sun was too much at times. Yeah the track is not good, certainly Mexico has better tracks or could have better ones. We have a lot of Scenery in all the country to have a beautiful track but I dunno I think it's in Leon because Leon also has the WRC and that it's a Huge succes!

Either way I am a freaking happy fan! and I mean happy of being able to watch it live, get to know the riders whom are great to us fans! I also had the chance to talk to Jean Michel Bayle last year and this year with Stefan Everts! I talked to Tim Gajser, Romain, Bobryshev, Nagl and so on!! I really think that Motocross is the greatest sport on earth! I love it but the fans here in Vital not so much... I'm tired of reading that absolutely everything sucks.. Gps sucks, supercross sucks, Dungey sucks, tracks sucks, too windy, too wet, too small, too sandy, and so on! So yeah I am happy to watch Supercross live, MXGPs live and then the Nationals... some races have no passes, whatever just watching those guys ride is great and the riders are great, greater than the fans who are complaining about everything..

Peace! I'm out
Cool to hear, glad you had a good time.
Yep
4/4/2017 12:39pm
bdlcks wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:
It's easy to do all that when, no one is there to use the bathrooms, you get paid $400,000 per event and pay out nothing to...
It's easy to do all that when, no one is there to use the bathrooms, you get paid $400,000 per event and pay out nothing to the riders.

Not that I don't think the AMA Nationals could do better in areas......
Why do the riders need a payout, they are on very good salaries, payouts are outdated and for the lower class of professional racing.

Post a reply to: MXGP Mexico spectators

The Latest