MXGP Matterley Basin Sunday race day discussion

tobz
6/19/2016 11:50am
Bit weird that the uploads didn't work AngryPinch
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
6/19/2016 11:52am
So as of right now who is the fastest man on the planet? gajser, roczen, or herlings? im gonna go with roczen
Fastest man depending on the track.

Sand: herlings
Very hard and slick soil: possibly Gajser or Febvre
The rest: Roczen (I believe), or Tomac if he figures his bike and head out

Roczen gotta be the best overall rider, he can ride fast anywhere, Sand, hardpack, mud, europe and usa, motocross, supercross, doesn't matter. And that at only 22 y/o is incredible
lloyd2890
6/19/2016 12:03pm
So as of right now who is the fastest man on the planet? gajser, roczen, or herlings? im gonna go with roczen
crusty_xx wrote:
Fastest man depending on the track. Sand: herlings Very hard and slick soil: possibly Gajser or Febvre The rest: Roczen (I believe), or Tomac if he...

Roczen gotta be the best overall rider, he can ride fast anywhere, Sand, hardpack, mud, europe and usa, motocross, supercross, doesn't matter. And that at only 22 y/o is incredible
well put!
6/19/2016 12:03pm
Reed just ran out of steam really. He has signed a 2 year contract with Yamaha for mxgp
ATKpilot99 wrote:
He has signed a 2 year contract with Yamaha for mxgp

Wait, what ?
That's what I heard from a good source anyway

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
6/19/2016 12:05pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Fastest man depending on the track. Sand: herlings Very hard and slick soil: possibly Gajser or Febvre The rest: Roczen (I believe), or Tomac if he...

It's easily Roczen right now IMO. Inside or Outside anywhere in the world and he is a threat to win immeaditley.
6/19/2016 12:08pm
Reed just ran out of steam really. He has signed a 2 year contract with Yamaha for mxgp
ATKpilot99 wrote:
He has signed a 2 year contract with Yamaha for mxgp

Wait, what ?
That's what I heard from a good source anyway
just like this season, few Gp's.
Not a full season.
6/19/2016 12:12pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2016 12:14pm
Though question, with no real answer.. I'd also go with Roczen at the moment. Especially since Roczen has proven to be good at Supercross and rough sand tracks (imo Gajser hasn't been that dominant on sand tracks so far).

But with that said, the way Tim Gajser is riding right now, it's unreal. It reminds me of the 2015 outdoor Tomac we saw before his Lakewood injury. The way he passed Bobryshev in the 1st moto was unreal -> Gnarly scrub, bike pinned jumping bumps on the pit lane straight, then railing the corner with unreal speed. Just beautiful riding from him!

Herlings rules the world in the sand i don't doubt that, but at the moment i would go as far as saying that Herlings would have allot of trouble beating Gajser on other types of tracks..

Man i hope Roczen & Tomac come to the MXoN! We need to see them all race eachother Cool
6/19/2016 12:31pm
Reed needs to pack it in, can't be too happy to be a Novelty guest rider fighting with the local wild cards for position. Just set him behind a autograph table and let him enjoy the fans rather than slip away as a back marker.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
6/19/2016 12:38pm
robkinuk wrote:
British Grand Prix victory for Brad Anderson in EMX 300cc class.
Nobody expected him to be fighting for wins.
He said he would be happy with a top 10. He finished 13th overall despite crashing into JvH in Moto 2.
Jake Nichols is not exactly a local wild card...

You need to pack it in
6/19/2016 12:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2016 12:58pm
robkinuk wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Nobody expected him to be fighting for wins. He said he would be happy with a top 10. He finished 13th overall despite crashing into JvH...
He said he would be happy with a top 10. He finished 13th overall despite crashing into JvH in Moto 2.

You need to pack it in
I predicted 17th overall so he did beat my expectations but 4 riders who would of finished ahead of him had DNF's including Jake.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
6/19/2016 1:40pm
robkinuk wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
Nobody expected him to be fighting for wins. He said he would be happy with a top 10. He finished 13th overall despite crashing into JvH...

You need to pack it in
The Source wrote:
I predicted 17th overall so he did beat my expectations but 4 riders who would of finished ahead of him had DNF's including Jake.
so what?
Flip109
6/19/2016 1:41pm
robkinuk wrote:
He will have the rest of his life to sit on his ass and sign autographs. If he wants to race and get 13th so be it! He's prob having a blast! No need to get your old depends up in a wad about it.
Flip109
6/19/2016 1:46pm
crusty_xx wrote:

I'll go with that also. The best race to watch would be between Roczen and Gajser on a big fast hilly ass track, with lots of scrubby jumps and loamy dark dirt. Shit would be EPIC!
6/19/2016 1:54pm
Flip109 wrote:
I'll go with that also. The best race to watch would be between Roczen and Gajser on a big fast hilly ass track, with lots of...
I'll go with that also. The best race to watch would be between Roczen and Gajser on a big fast hilly ass track, with lots of scrubby jumps and loamy dark dirt. Shit would be EPIC!
how about a race with Roczen,Tomac,Dungey and Gajser,Febvre and Herlings ?? that would be awesome
Surly100
6/19/2016 2:11pm
Had Roczen stayed in Europe, I think he'd already have at least one 450 title. He certainly had Herlings' number in 2011, on the same machinery, and the age difference between them wasn't that big. And if you're better than Herlings in Europe, you're pretty much better than everyone. When he's fit, he is the undisputed best motocross rider in the world for me.

And it still kind of pisses me off that all the best riders in the world are split over two different series. Imagine the racing that a field containing the best the AMA has to offer, and the best the GPs have to offer, would serve up. *Dreams*

From today:

Couple of very promising rides from Conrad Mewse. Hope he can turn his youth form - an 85cc youth world champion, and a 125cc youth vice world champion - into eventual GP wins. Never hurts to have too many Brits to cheer on.

It's looking more and more like we've seen Cairoli win his last world championship. While it would be foolish to write him off entirely, he's being comfortably beaten in most motos by Gajser and Febvre, and in years to come he'll have the likes of Herlings and Ferrandis to deal with as well. And you can only see those guys getting stronger as age catches up with Cairoli. Shame, but it does feel like the end of an era.

The long wait to see Tommy Searle podium in MXGP continues. 14 time GP winner and 3 time series runner up in MX2, is it ever going to happen for him?

6/19/2016 2:19pm
Flip109 wrote:
I'll go with that also. The best race to watch would be between Roczen and Gajser on a big fast hilly ass track, with lots of...
how about a race with Roczen,Tomac,Dungey and Gajser,Febvre and Herlings ?? that would be awesome
It's call the MXoN. Although the perfect storm never eventuates
6/19/2016 2:19pm
robkinuk wrote:
Flip109 wrote:
He will have the rest of his life to sit on his ass and sign autographs. If he wants to race and get 13th so be...
He will have the rest of his life to sit on his ass and sign autographs. If he wants to race and get 13th so be it! He's prob having a blast! No need to get your old depends up in a wad about it.
Very true today he was loving it waving to the crowds pulling nacs nacs. And to be honest looked very smooth aswell.all we need is Stewart to come over now for a couple of races
6/19/2016 2:24pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
It's easily Roczen right now IMO. Inside or Outside anywhere in the world and he is a threat to win immeaditley.
You've obviously never seen Herlings ride.He was on another level today, doing things others couldn't, whilst cruising. Gajser very impressive too, but he was trying.
6/19/2016 2:24pm
tobz wrote:
Gajser made it look so easy, he's basically a gear higher and doesn't look (sound?) as fast,. Reeds second moto was a shambles after going down...
Gajser made it look so easy, he's basically a gear higher and doesn't look (sound?) as fast,.

Reeds second moto was a shambles after going down. He had one particular issue right infront of me before the finish line where the bike didn't exactly shut down, but it physically slowed down very quickly, he looked down, flicked a switch or pushed a button on his bars and took off again. After that he was waving to the crowd around corners and just having fun.

What was interesting when having a look at Reeds bike in the pits before warm up this morning. Goose was having a slightly heated discussion with one ofthe " local" euro Yamaha mechanics. Poining at the side of the motor, remarks like "I wish they'd share more with us" and "you could see straight away when he got off the track that it didn't look right" and just didn't seem very happy, all the euro Yamaha guy could do was shrug. Reed went on to look alot better today than he did Saturday.
Here's a photo of the convo, with Reeds goggle boy listening in Tongue

Few random shots taken with my potato today, I left my good camera at the hotel.

They must of given Gajser Tomac's bike from last year Shocked

Euro mechanics not helping? That sounds familiar to when RV landed there.
Duffer189
6/19/2016 2:34pm
What happened to Benoit Paturel?

Anything serious??

Thanks.
6/19/2016 2:49pm
They must of given Gajser Tomac's bike from last year Shocked

Euro mechanics not helping? That sounds familiar to when RV landed there.
From what I heard the Euro mechanics were telling him what he should do to set the bike but him & his dad said this is not how we set it up back home.
6/19/2016 2:54pm
DP#201 wrote:
What happened to TC222 he was 12 after lap 1, went back to 13, and finished 10th. He looked way of.. Anyone know if something was...
What happened to TC222 he was 12 after lap 1, went back to 13, and finished 10th. He looked way of.. Anyone know if something was failing on the bike or something?
he mentioned on his instagram that he came on short on the quad and hurt his wrist
6/19/2016 2:56pm
It's call the MXoN. Although the perfect storm never eventuates
to many other variables involved ..... just a GP at the end of the season bewteen top 10 from both series , just 2 moto's

robkinuk
6/19/2016 4:49pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2016 4:50pm
Duffer189 wrote:
What happened to Benoit Paturel?

Anything serious??

Thanks.
Big crash off Tag Beirer uphill triple. Down and out for 30 secs but got up and walked off with aid of medics. Didn't line up for Moto 2.
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
6/19/2016 4:50pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
ksithumper wrote:
You've obviously never seen Herlings ride.He was on another level today, doing things others couldn't, whilst cruising. Gajser very impressive too, but he was trying.
I have been watching Hearlings since the beginning, undoubtedly the best in sand and great every where. But like I said Roczen can win AMA SX, AMA MX and the GPs and would have a good shot at winning any of those on attempt one. No other rider racing today could claim that. Roczen can do things Hearlings can not.
bsharkey
6/19/2016 5:02pm
bsharkey wrote:
good to see darian doing well now that's hes healed up and 100%. wish I could watch the second emx250 moto. looks like it was a...
good to see darian doing well now that's hes healed up and 100%. wish I could watch the second emx250 moto. looks like it was a good one
For sure! Sanayei went 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 so far in the last 4 motos. He's going really strong lately, for sure has...
For sure! Sanayei went 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 so far in the last 4 motos. He's going really strong lately, for sure has a good future wherever he decides to continue racing.

2nd Moto was epic, he pressured Clarke pretty much the whole moto.

If you ever get the chance to try out the mxgp-tv package, it's well worth it to see the EMX guys racing!
yeah he grew up racing about 15 minutes from where we live, great kid and great attitude. too many injuries have plagued him the last few years. hopefully he can have a nice dry spell from that and show what he really has
bsharkey
6/19/2016 5:07pm
do you basically race emx250 and move up to mx2 the following year?
Crush
6/19/2016 6:25pm
crusty_xx wrote:

Park Boys wrote:
AMAZING what happens when you challenge yourself!
vschaik141
6/19/2016 7:16pm
Just came home eheh need to sleep haven't even gotten Reeds autograph... way to drunk al weekend went to all the parties in the pits, only had a couple of hours of sleep. Amazing place & people toh. Will come back next year, 4 sure! As for the autograph I will get that one next weekend in Italy.
Paul333
6/19/2016 7:23pm
robkinuk wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:

You need to pack it in
Exactly

His 1st GP in fifteen years and because he doesn't go 1/1 people give him crap.

I view these races as nothing more than a champion having fun.

Post a reply to: MXGP Matterley Basin Sunday race day discussion

The Latest