MXGP KTM team question

hartebreak
Fantasy
169th
So Herlings rides for Redbull KTM and Cairoli rides for De Carli KTM. I know these are 2 different teams, but is one above the other as far as support and what not? Is it like RB KTM and RMATV KTM in the states or more like RCH and JGR?
|
3/6/2018 7:34pm
I'm by no means an MXGP expert so I may be off here but I believe the Decarli team is considered to be the factory 450 KTM team whereas the team Herlings is on is the factory 250 team. I would have to assume both teams have access to the same things but maybe not?
jemcee
3/6/2018 7:38pm
Well I'm sure people with more knowledge than me will explain it better
but my understanding is they are same level but DeCarli was built around Cairoli and Herlings didn't wanna be on 'Cairoli's team' (understandably) so they left it as it was on 250's

What I wanna know is, what's the reason for Coldenhoff going to Herlings' team and Prado going to DeCarli? Or is that just appearances?
3/6/2018 7:43pm
jemcee wrote:
Well I'm sure people with more knowledge than me will explain it better but my understanding is they are same level but DeCarli was built around...
Well I'm sure people with more knowledge than me will explain it better
but my understanding is they are same level but DeCarli was built around Cairoli and Herlings didn't wanna be on 'Cairoli's team' (understandably) so they left it as it was on 250's

What I wanna know is, what's the reason for Coldenhoff going to Herlings' team and Prado going to DeCarli? Or is that just appearances?
I don't think it's just the way it appears I believe someone on here last year mentioned there was some tension between Prado and Jonass.
jemcee
3/6/2018 8:33pm
I don't think it's just the way it appears I believe someone on here last year mentioned there was some tension between Prado and Jonass.
Yeah I figured.. Prado wasn't exactly shy to battle with Jonass last year even when the title was almost wrapped up haha

The Shop

3/6/2018 10:11pm
I do not know....with zero insight.

But I think cairoli's team has relatively full access to factory parts - however they also do in house R&D separate of KTM.

Sometimes this can be an advantage...OEMs are brilliant but "stuck" to things they believe in.

In any case - for an "old guy" TC is going damn fast. Herlings better stay on 2 wheels or no hope for a title.

I hate saying this - but I think it's evident the GP's have surpassed the mx nationals...And our "production rule" only hurts the little guy.

Now days - with 3d printing and CNC machines abound - letting little companies run wild with ideas would be a pleasant addition. Bikes are so good that even with full works allowed - how much better would bikes really be??

Cortami79
3/7/2018 1:10am
Herlings didn’t want to be in Cairoli’s team, so he went under the mx2 tent last year along Jonass and Prado. However, Jonass and Prado had some on track troubles so KTM split them. They sent Prado to de Carli alongside Cairoli and Coldenhoff back to Herlings and Jonass.
Aryen
3/7/2018 1:49am
Both teams are full factory KTM teams. One team doesn't have more or less access to parts than the other. Set ups are different though.

Post a reply to: MXGP KTM team question

The Latest