MXGP - EMX85cc rider died at Loket today

jeffro503
7/22/2017 10:19pm
Damn , this is a rough one. Such a young kid. Thoughts go out to all his friends and family members. RIP Igor.
mxjon454
7/22/2017 10:31pm
God Bless him and his family. RIP It seems this was a special occasion to add mini's to the MXGP program? I like the concept. What...
God Bless him and his family. RIP

It seems this was a special occasion to add mini's to the MXGP program? I like the concept. What happened?
I hate to ask, but we need to learn from these things so that they may never happen again if preventable.
That's the step down where it happened [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205897/s1200_IMG_4271.jpg[/img] The distance of that leap was insane for a 85cc with barely any run-up on the top. A...
That's the step down where it happened

The distance of that leap was insane for a 85cc with barely any run-up on the top. A lot of riders of the big classes had their moments there (especially in the wmx class). Not going to smartass around here but when I stood on top of that hill on friday for first time with the 65 class in mind I was like WTH? It was the last race of the day and all the classes who ran before left big holes in the landing zone. I didn't see the crash but I know what happened anyways. When the red flag came out I watched over to the step down and the paramedics were reanimating already. It was a horror.

rest In peace little fella

https://youtu.be/-lECRPMCmzg
Didnt Max Anstie have a really bad crash on that jump a few years ago and it took him out of the rest of the season and the Des Nations?
Bidirella
7/23/2017 12:09am
That's the step down where it happened [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/07/22/205897/s1200_IMG_4271.jpg[/img] The distance of that leap was insane for a 85cc with barely any run-up on the top. A...
That's the step down where it happened

The distance of that leap was insane for a 85cc with barely any run-up on the top. A lot of riders of the big classes had their moments there (especially in the wmx class). Not going to smartass around here but when I stood on top of that hill on friday for first time with the 65 class in mind I was like WTH? It was the last race of the day and all the classes who ran before left big holes in the landing zone. I didn't see the crash but I know what happened anyways. When the red flag came out I watched over to the step down and the paramedics were reanimating already. It was a horror.

rest In peace little fella

https://youtu.be/-lECRPMCmzg
Josh Coppins lost the world title in 2007 on that jump. Jonass last year. I took out a few top riders.

RIP...

The Shop

David934
7/23/2017 6:45am
He landing good, but braking bump kick him. Track was not good for small bikes. RIP young man.
David934
7/23/2017 6:48am
Last year crashed hard Pauls Jonass on same place.
Hammer 663s
7/23/2017 7:13am
Damn I hate reading about these with the youngsters. Me and my boy (10 on a 65) haven't raced much this year - frankly I'm way less stressed with him playing soccer and baseball as something like this is always a possibility in moto. It's simply not worth the risk of racing - we may end up being practice queens for the rest of our riding time together.

Can't imagine how this boy's parents feel. All my sympathy and condolences to you.

Hammer 663s
Hudweiser9
7/23/2017 7:47am
Wow..... This is the darkside of MX that I don't like. I know in the back of my mind it can happen to anyone at anytime, but we all try not to think about it. I watched the You Tube video, such a tragic thing to happen. It hits home even more when it is such a young rider. My deepest condolences to the parents. Godspeed Igor. RIP.... Sad
7/23/2017 9:48am
I've just finished watching the races & I was wondering why there was no EMX85 races.

RIP young man.
Crush
7/24/2017 3:56am
Ride in Peace little man.
David934
7/24/2017 4:00am
From MXGP.COM
Cairoli took the race win, his 83rd career overall, and later in the press conference said, “I’m really happy to leave this GP with a victory. I want to dedicate this victory to the rider who passed away yesterday, we are all together with his family and hope that they will be ok.”

Tony was racing all day with black tape on his left arm. Respect!!!
Sideways
7/24/2017 5:10am
I saw the race on livestream. After mxgp and mx2 had finished up for the day i thought the racing was over. But then the kids were supposed to race. The track looked brutal! Ruts and breaking bumps everywhere. Why not let the kids race first when the track i smoother!? Insane if you ask me...

RIP little man. My thoughts go out his friends and family.
7/25/2017 8:39am
I get what you mean. That jump has made me cringe many times over the years. It's a big jump even for the mx2 and mxgp...
I get what you mean. That jump has made me cringe many times over the years. It's a big jump even for the mx2 and mxgp guys. A lot of holes leading up to it and big breaking bumps right after, not to mention the possibility of casing the landing. The margin for error on that jump is pretty much none. I just went back to watch the scary crash Jonass had on that same jump last year, and even Malin commented after the crash that "it's a jump that every year people talk about...". I don't want to speculate or be a smartass either, but with the constant close calls year after year, and now this one, I would be surprised to see that jump there next year.

I can't imagine the scene, watching that unfold, like you said they were reanimating already when the red flag came out. That must have been awful to watch, let alone be the parent rushing from the pits to the scene. Just horrible. Unsure
Not sure if the edge on the downhill does produce better racing. It might be okay for a world championship race in the big bike classes but it was just to difficult in the end of the day for 12 year old kids on 85s. Little bit of track maintainance in between motos might have prevented it too. Who knows...
I've seen deadly accidents on race tracks before but that was the sadest thing I ever experienced in racing. Might be because I was there with my 8year old son who's into 65 cc racing and there's that uneasy feeling whenever the gate drops since then. When I told him what's happening he started crying bitterly for like over an hour and he told me that it's like he lost a brother, that really caught me off guard. And when he asked me not to tell mom about it on the way home on sunday, I knew he's hooked already and I'm not happy about it for now.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
7/25/2017 9:22am
I feel for the family. What on Earth do you say to the parents? Nothing. Losing a kid is the worst thing that can happen to any human being, period.
RIP, Igor.
Robgvx
7/25/2017 10:48am
This was waiting to happen. GP tracks are too fast, the jumps too big, and overall the circuits are too dangerous - even for the GP guys - in my opinion. Kids, Vets and the ladies shouldn't be racing on those tracks IMO.

Post a reply to: MXGP - EMX85cc rider died at Loket today

The Latest