MXGP 2019 (Game)

greenmx5
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2020 6:39am
|
greenmx5
4/23/2019 10:15am
They're taking the MX vs ATV route. Announcing a date for the announcement about a date when a game is going to arrive.
greenmx5
4/23/2019 10:43am
I'm wondering if it's going to be a later release than June if they're not announcing it till May. Usually they announcing it at the beginning of April. Please bring back the ruts.

The Shop

greenmx5
4/23/2019 11:28am
For 4 years now they've put out an MXGP game in June and for the past 2 years now they've put out an AMA Supercross game in February. So, yes.
Stuntman949
4/23/2019 11:41am
MXGP- Patch 5

Do you like boner airs and shocks that don't move? I have the game for you!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/23/2019 11:43am
I think it is actually going to be MXGP Battle Royale. Basically PUBG but with all bikes. Half the field will be dead in the first...
I think it is actually going to be MXGP Battle Royale. Basically PUBG but with all bikes. Half the field will be dead in the first corner pile up.

https://youtu.be/bDz3dI7SjTQ
I'd play that.
Frodad78
4/23/2019 11:48am
I think it is actually going to be MXGP Battle Royale. Basically PUBG but with all bikes. Half the field will be dead in the first...
I think it is actually going to be MXGP Battle Royale. Basically PUBG but with all bikes. Half the field will be dead in the first corner pile up.

https://youtu.be/bDz3dI7SjTQ
Tell me more...
skeef
Fantasy
1421st
4/23/2019 11:55am
MXGP Semi-pro
greenmx5
4/23/2019 12:25pm
Why not just make it MXGP 2018? (since they're based off the prior season)
4/23/2019 2:07pm
seriously wtf is this about?

the only thing that makes sense to me is they new outdoor motocross game is going to take place in a post apocalyptic world. badlands and such. so doing away with replica stuff and building their own tracks in their own environments. that’s the only thing that makes sense to me.

and guys, speculate realistically. i genuinely want to read what you guys think when you see this video (ie kracken) i don’t wanna hear the same lame jokes about how you think it’s going to be pro 2.0 and how you think each game is reskinned. it’s played out. write something worth reading.

i wanna know what people really think this game is going to be based on that video, cause i’m damn sure it’s gonna be based on something we’ve never seen
zehn
4/23/2019 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 2:18pm
Pretty easy to do when all they have to do is recycle the same game over and over with updated teams etc.
zehn
4/23/2019 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 2:36pm
thepelican wrote:
Can't wait for all the flatout posts
I can already hear him typing up another 1000 word post about how authentic and immersive the single player mode is
Mxracer6y
4/23/2019 2:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:01pm
zehn wrote:
Pretty easy to do when all they have to do is recycle the same game over and over with updated teams etc.
That’s literally not at all what they do, or have done. I’ve played each and every release from them, and each game considerably improves on the previous......

if YOU think they’re all the same then just buy mxgp 1 and play that and you’ll be happy.... except the game sucks balls, and mxgp 3 is amazing... so how does that work ?? It’s all the same right ?

I’m just curious as to what you want from them?? New riders?? Who?? New tracks? How? They only race what they race... They already remake all the tracks for each release... they don’t even remotely look the same when you go back to the previous versions....they essentially rebuild the physics engine each year.. so really ? WHAT do you want from them? How can you ask for anything more than just improving the game each year when NOTHING changes in the real world GP series??

You make no sense.
aeffertz
4/23/2019 2:58pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 2:59pm
I wonder how they're going to convince us to buy another game with minuscule changes advertised as all new...
zehn
4/23/2019 3:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:04pm
zehn wrote:
Mxracer6y wrote:
That’s literally not at all what they do, or have done. I’ve played each and every release from them, and each game considerably improves on the...
That’s literally not at all what they do, or have done. I’ve played each and every release from them, and each game considerably improves on the previous......

if YOU think they’re all the same then just buy mxgp 1 and play that and you’ll be happy.... except the game sucks balls, and mxgp 3 is amazing... so how does that work ?? It’s all the same right ?

I’m just curious as to what you want from them?? New riders?? Who?? New tracks? How? They only race what they race... They already remake all the tracks for each release... they don’t even remotely look the same when you go back to the previous versions....they essentially rebuild the physics engine each year.. so really ? WHAT do you want from them? How can you ask for anything more than just improving the game each year when NOTHING changes in the real world GP series??

You make no sense.
I’ve owned every game they’ve made. I agree MXGP 3 is by far the best. MXGP Pro was awful. Sure, they change the feeling of the game with every iteration but you are being completely disingenuous if you actually think they start fresh every year.

What I want is the same thing that most people want, a redesign to the physics that makes the game feel as real in the air as it does on the ground. Track deformation that actually has an effect on line choice. Bots that are an actual challenge to beat and that don’t dive bomb you every chance they get. A good online platform. A game that’s actually playable when it ships and doesn’t need 2-3 massive updates to make the game useable a month after it is released.
Gandorlf
4/23/2019 3:14pm
zehn wrote:
Mxracer6y wrote:
That’s literally not at all what they do, or have done. I’ve played each and every release from them, and each game considerably improves on the...

You make no sense.
zehn wrote:
I’ve owned every game they’ve made. I agree MXGP 3 is by far the best. MXGP Pro was awful. Sure, they change the feeling of the...
I’ve owned every game they’ve made. I agree MXGP 3 is by far the best. MXGP Pro was awful. Sure, they change the feeling of the game with every iteration but you are being completely disingenuous if you actually think they start fresh every year.

What I want is the same thing that most people want, a redesign to the physics that makes the game feel as real in the air as it does on the ground. Track deformation that actually has an effect on line choice. Bots that are an actual challenge to beat and that don’t dive bomb you every chance they get. A good online platform. A game that’s actually playable when it ships and doesn’t need 2-3 massive updates to make the game useable a month after it is released.
The games started to suck after they went to Unreal Engine in my opinion. I really loved the feeling of MXGP 2 I've played that more than any of Milestones MX/SX games and I've got every single one installed in my steam library.
4/23/2019 3:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:17pm
[quote=mxracer6y]WHAT do you want from them? How can you ask for anything more than just improving the game each year when NOTHING changes in the real world GP series?? [/quote]

Free whips? After 7 dirtbike games releases they havnt been able to.
A somewhat decent online? Best online performance was by far in MXGP2.
Realistic real time shadow? Since they moved to Unreal Engine feels like bike is floating.
PastranaWho
4/23/2019 3:20pm
Best mx/sx out to date, i can't wait for the next one.
greenmx5
4/23/2019 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:29pm
If it's something new that they're coming out with, maybe it has the US Nationals in it and they name it MXGP vs AMA. They're already in the market in the US with the supercross games. Yes, it's a stretch. But I heard from a reliable source last year that SOMEONE was doing the AMA Nationals. They didn't say who. I thought it was MX vs ATV but they bluffed hard.

If that was true, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough.
4/23/2019 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:45pm
I'm hoping that they can improve the AI - check out this video on their upcoming MotoGP 2019 release - if they are doing it for that game then surely they can put it in the next MX game.

https://youtu.be/tm2jhFUfTmU
4/23/2019 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 3:49pm
greenmx5 wrote:
If it's something new that they're coming out with, maybe it has the US Nationals in it and they name it MXGP vs AMA. They're already...
If it's something new that they're coming out with, maybe it has the US Nationals in it and they name it MXGP vs AMA. They're already in the market in the US with the supercross games. Yes, it's a stretch. But I heard from a reliable source last year that SOMEONE was doing the AMA Nationals. They didn't say who. I thought it was MX vs ATV but they bluffed hard.

that teaser video gives no hints of ama motocross.
“something stunning has crossed a path” and “find a safe place” and their putting an emphasis on a room of destruction. they aren’t doing ama motocross lol

and mxvsatv didn’t bluff, they already said they have somethig big coming this summer a few months ago
greenmx5
4/23/2019 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 4:02pm
greenmx5 wrote:
If it's something new that they're coming out with, maybe it has the US Nationals in it and they name it MXGP vs AMA. They're already...

that teaser video gives no hints of ama motocross. “something stunning has crossed a path” and “find a safe place” and their putting an emphasis on...
“something stunning has crossed a path” and “find a safe place” and their putting an emphasis on a room of destruction. they aren’t doing ama motocross lol

and mxvsatv didn’t bluff, they already said they have somethig big coming this summer a few months ago
MX vs ATV bluffed hard. Everyone kept asking if it was Nationals knowing damn well they meant replica tracks. They led everyone on and kept saying the same things they're saying now, something big is coming. And every time someone asked if it was Nationals they would post a gif that was insinuating a yes.

You asked for opinions and then give a snarky remark at the thought of AMA Nationals. "Crossed a path"? AMA and MXGP crossing? I'm not saying my opinion is right, just giving speculation. Your opinion isn't any more correct than anyone elses, as much as you might think.
SEE ARE125
4/23/2019 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 4:02pm
Looks like Dunder Mifflin DLC. Hopefully we can ride at Dwight’s beet farm. Fingers crossed.
4/23/2019 5:04pm
greenmx5 wrote:

that teaser video gives no hints of ama motocross. “something stunning has crossed a path” and “find a safe place” and their putting an emphasis on...

greenmx5 wrote:
MX vs ATV bluffed hard. Everyone kept asking if it was Nationals knowing damn well they meant replica tracks. They led everyone on and kept saying...
MX vs ATV bluffed hard. Everyone kept asking if it was Nationals knowing damn well they meant replica tracks. They led everyone on and kept saying the same things they're saying now, something big is coming. And every time someone asked if it was Nationals they would post a gif that was insinuating a yes.

You asked for opinions and then give a snarky remark at the thought of AMA Nationals. "Crossed a path"? AMA and MXGP crossing? I'm not saying my opinion is right, just giving speculation. Your opinion isn't any more correct than anyone elses, as much as you might think.
the rainbow guys have stated their is another track dlc coming this summer that is separate from the hometown dlc.

i don’t think my opinion is superior, just wanting to hear what people’s thoughts are in response to that bizzare trailer and not “aMa nAtIoNaLs” and “rEcYcLed gAMe”.

but i should know what to expect from the moto game community by now lol. silly me
flatout111
4/23/2019 5:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/23/2019 5:30pm
I've gotten where I just stay pretty quiet when it comes to the MX game stuff. Obviously some like what I have to say but there are plenty who don't. No worries. I just enjoy the games and stay out of the drama on here.

For those who complain about Milestone's mx/sx games constantly, though, I do wonder if you guys were around after THQ's Alive got shut down. It was complete crickets for console MX gaming. Until Milestone came along with MUD which was, obviously not that good, but it did get the company started in MX. And the following release, MXGP, was a tremendous leap.

Y'know, maybe it's me but I came from the school of EA and 2K from Madden 93 or NHL 94 or NFL2K5 were you had yearly iterations with small improvements and refinements and the occasional overhaul.... much like bikes, these days. So I not only am cool with this model, I am thankful for it especially in our small, somewhat niche sport.

But to those who constantly gripe... like seriously, when my Wife and I go out to eat at a decently nice restaurant we usually spend around $30-40 for us both per meal. So 1 game is about or less than 2 meals, which are gone in 20 minutes, and the game lasts a year for me to either enjoy or not enjoy.

Plus, with Milestone, I am supporting the only company around that continually puts out mx/sx games consistently and actually goes to the effort to try to recreate the different series faithfully.

That's totally enough to get my money. Because like it or not, no one else is putting forth nearly that much effort to mx and sx gaming. That's good enough for me as a fan of gaming and our sport. But, it's everyone's call if it works for them.
jemcee
4/23/2019 5:37pm
Aaah the world today, when computer games have haters

Strange

Post a reply to: MXGP 2019 (Game)

The Latest