MXGP 3 Release Dates Announced

GD2
Fantasy
815th
Edited Date/Time 3/2/2017 2:29pm
They finally announced the release dates.

– May 12th, 2017 – Europe including Australia, New Zealand, Middle East and South Africa
– May 30th, 2017 – USA

In case you missed it:

Watch: 2 Strokes Trailer

Watch: Official Trailer

Some early gameplay:
https://youtu.be/bKtFqH_mvbM
|
Motofinne
3/2/2017 2:39pm
I'm sure that you US guys can get it the 12th for Steam!
Giygas
Fantasy
1165th
3/2/2017 2:56pm
I hope the air physics have changed...after seeing the gameplay video above, I'm not going to hold my breath..
tcallahan707
3/2/2017 4:49pm
Since roost seems to exist in this game, as well as weather variances, I would love to see tearoffs included. Your screen would slowly (or quickly if you get a face full) get covered up and you could choose when to hit a button to pull a tearoff. You'd be limited to 21 or whatever and your hand would come off the bars, potentially leading to mistakes if pulled at the wrong time. You'd have to be strategic with when and how often to pull one. Obviously roll offs could be added as well for mud races.

The Shop

Juice_Mann
3/2/2017 5:09pm
The physics look less realistic if you ask me. It looks like you can go 0-80 mph in about 1 second. That's disappointing.
3/2/2017 5:12pm
Since roost seems to exist in this game, as well as weather variances, I would love to see tearoffs included. Your screen would slowly (or quickly...
Since roost seems to exist in this game, as well as weather variances, I would love to see tearoffs included. Your screen would slowly (or quickly if you get a face full) get covered up and you could choose when to hit a button to pull a tearoff. You'd be limited to 21 or whatever and your hand would come off the bars, potentially leading to mistakes if pulled at the wrong time. You'd have to be strategic with when and how often to pull one. Obviously roll offs could be added as well for mud races.
I remember a feature like that in one of the Outlaw games if you were in first person. Was probably my favorite part of the game with trying to not run out of tearoffs before the race was over. Be cool to see it show up in a moto game with first person.
moto282
3/2/2017 5:29pm
Giygas wrote:
I hope the air physics have changed...after seeing the gameplay video above, I'm not going to hold my breath..
Agree. It's a shame too because it's the only thing holding it back.
flatout111
3/2/2017 5:35pm
I pre-ordered the first day it was available. Can't wait!
PastranaWho
3/2/2017 5:40pm
Looks like the game is sped up a bit comparing to mxgp 2 which is cool, mxgp2 played to slow imo. Also the tracks are wider and more open which is another plus. I caint wait to get it.
rob mx
3/2/2017 6:04pm
this game is at 60fps part 2 was 30....
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
3/2/2017 6:07pm
umm looks good. I still see moon physics. bad sound. ruts that aren't really there. poor air movements. it just doesn't look right. not graphic wise. those are very good. jumps don't look to scale.
Katoomey
3/2/2017 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 3/2/2017 6:31pm
Looks like the game is sped up a bit comparing to mxgp 2 which is cool, mxgp2 played to slow imo. Also the tracks are wider...
Looks like the game is sped up a bit comparing to mxgp 2 which is cool, mxgp2 played to slow imo. Also the tracks are wider and more open which is another plus. I caint wait to get it.
Funny, I want the exact opposite of those things. You want an arcade game and I want a simulator.

...either way, the physics, as good as they are compared to most MX games before it, are so far from being realistic or responsive or accurate, that I've pretty much lost hope we will ever see a good, realistic Motocross game.

Every console game ever made has tried to appeal to every gamer to ever exist, so none of us ever really get the game we want, no matter what genre it is. For this reason there will never be a truly impressive racing simulator on consoles, Codemaster titles being the only ones to even resemble simulations, and they take flak for it from more casual gamers. DiRT Rally is considered the hardest racing game ever put on a console, and even though most people agreed that the physics we're good, a lot of those that agreed still didn't enjoy the game. it is just too realistic for the masses.

thankfully on PC there are fantastic race car simulators, just nothing really good for MX. I don't really blame anyone, I mean, trying to translate the extremely dynamic nature of a MX bike, it's rider, and the terrain, into the sticks of a gamepad seems like a very difficult thing to do.
3/2/2017 6:25pm
HenryA wrote:
I'm ready [IMG]https://2982-presscdn-29-70-pagely.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg[/IMG]
I'm ready

Beat me to it.

Post a reply to: MXGP 3 Release Dates Announced

The Latest