MXGP 2020 calendar

DeStouwer
1/23/2020 4:11am
Spanish round is announced: it will be at at intu Xanadú (some sort of mega shopping mall) near Arroyomolinos, 20 km north of Madrid. So sounds like yet another artificial track.
1/23/2020 4:20am
MXGP of SPAIN confirmed!
It's going to be in Madrid, next to probably of the most famous shopping centers in Spain! intu Xanadú in Arroyomolinos even has an artificial ski zone along with so many other things!
https://mxgpspain.com/index.php

The Shop

ayearinmx
1/23/2020 6:27am Edited Date/Time 1/23/2020 6:33am
FFS another shit ass track on the calender.
20 Rounds, plus MXoN.....

Natural tracks:
1. Matterley
2. Valkenswaard
3. Patagonia
4. Trentino
6. Agueda
7. St Jean
8. Maggiora
9. Teutschenthal
10. Orlyonok
11. Kegums
14. Loket
15. Lommel
16. Uddevalla
MXoN. Ernee

Man-made tracks:
5. Spain
13. Palembang
17. Finland
18. Turkey
20. Imola

Unknowns:
12. Jakarta
19. China

Honestly, that isn't a bad ratio in my opinion... and right now, I'd say the only one the riders really don't like is Imola
RG1
1/23/2020 6:28am
With so much stuff around the area of the track it really could be a very good GP for fans. I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out
DeStouwer
1/23/2020 6:47am
Well, we're complaining already and we've seen nothing yet.

Fact is, this is a prime location. Near a European metropolis, it's own highway-exit, an incredible amount of parking lots and more than enough space to build a world championship-worthy track. Hopefully the terrain has a bit of elevation differences.

I believe the people who organised at RedSand in 2018 will face it with sadness now that the capital comes into the spotlight to host a GP-round.
vandy509
1/23/2020 6:56am
Question for those of you that have attended Valkenswaard - I'm looking at possibly attending and renting a camper van to camp at the track. Being from the US I've never attended a GP. I was wondering about the camping - the only camping ticket I see on the MXGP website is the VIP camping - is that the only camping option they have, or can you camp at the track, just not in the paddock? Thanks in advance!
RG1
1/23/2020 7:27am
vandy509 wrote:
Question for those of you that have attended Valkenswaard - I'm looking at possibly attending and renting a camper van to camp at the track. Being...
Question for those of you that have attended Valkenswaard - I'm looking at possibly attending and renting a camper van to camp at the track. Being from the US I've never attended a GP. I was wondering about the camping - the only camping ticket I see on the MXGP website is the VIP camping - is that the only camping option they have, or can you camp at the track, just not in the paddock? Thanks in advance!
They have a normal campsite, it’s right next to the circuit. Not sure why it’s not appearing on the website, but you can definitely camp without going VIP
vandy509
1/23/2020 8:07am
vandy509 wrote:
Question for those of you that have attended Valkenswaard - I'm looking at possibly attending and renting a camper van to camp at the track. Being...
RG1 wrote:
They have a normal campsite, it’s right next to the circuit. Not sure why it’s not appearing on the website, but you can definitely camp without...
They have a normal campsite, it’s right next to the circuit. Not sure why it’s not appearing on the website, but you can definitely camp without going VIP
Thanks RG1, I see on Valkenswaard's website they show the regular camping, it just doesn't show up on the MXGP website, so there's the disconnect. I appreciate the help!
Mboerke
1/23/2020 2:35pm
vandy509 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
They have a normal campsite, it’s right next to the circuit. Not sure why it’s not appearing on the website, but you can definitely camp without...
vandy509 wrote:
Thanks RG1, I see on Valkenswaard's website they show the regular camping, it just doesn't show up on the MXGP website, so there's the disconnect. I...
Thanks RG1, I see on Valkenswaard's website they show the regular camping, it just doesn't show up on the MXGP website, so there's the disconnect. I appreciate the help!
Mucktub
1/23/2020 5:05pm
vandy509 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
vandy509 wrote:
Thanks RG1, I see on Valkenswaard's website they show the regular camping, it just doesn't show up on the MXGP website, so there's the disconnect. I...
Unless you're intending to use the camper van through the days before or after the GP, you may want to consider looking at Center Parcs, it's next to the track and they generally open up a gate so you can just about walk right in to the track, if you've got family with you I think it's a perfect place to stay for the GP, granted you won't get the GP campsite experience but it's usually pretty cold that time of year anyway. And you can always go round to the campsite to check out the daftness and nonsense if you want to.
Link: https://www.centerparcs.com/gb-en/netherlands/fp_KV_holiday-park-de-kem…
TDeath21
1/23/2020 9:43pm
What is Ernee doing to get a Des Nations every other year (yes exaggeration) while several other countries, even ones with great tracks, get one once every twenty years?
1/23/2020 9:45pm
ayearinmx wrote:
20 Rounds, plus MXoN..... Natural tracks: 1. Matterley 2. Valkenswaard 3. Patagonia 4. Trentino 6. Agueda 7. St Jean 8. Maggiora 9. Teutschenthal 10. Orlyonok 11...
20 Rounds, plus MXoN.....

Natural tracks:
1. Matterley
2. Valkenswaard
3. Patagonia
4. Trentino
6. Agueda
7. St Jean
8. Maggiora
9. Teutschenthal
10. Orlyonok
11. Kegums
14. Loket
15. Lommel
16. Uddevalla
MXoN. Ernee

Man-made tracks:
5. Spain
13. Palembang
17. Finland
18. Turkey
20. Imola

Unknowns:
12. Jakarta
19. China

Honestly, that isn't a bad ratio in my opinion... and right now, I'd say the only one the riders really don't like is Imola
If I’ve understood correctly, Finland isn’t 100% man made. But I guess we’ll see.
Bearuno
1/23/2020 10:36pm
TDeath21 wrote:
What is Ernee doing to get a Des Nations every other year (yes exaggeration) while several other countries, even ones with great tracks, get one once...
What is Ernee doing to get a Des Nations every other year (yes exaggeration) while several other countries, even ones with great tracks, get one once every twenty years?
They are brave enough / secure enough in their ability to get enough paying spectators there, to be able to pay Luongos extortionate fees, with a decent (one hopes) profit at the end of it all.

It's, as simple as that.
TDeath21
1/23/2020 10:41pm
TDeath21 wrote:
What is Ernee doing to get a Des Nations every other year (yes exaggeration) while several other countries, even ones with great tracks, get one once...
Bearuno wrote:
They are brave enough / secure enough in their ability to get enough paying spectators there, to be able to pay Luongos extortionate fees, with a...
They are brave enough / secure enough in their ability to get enough paying spectators there, to be able to pay Luongos extortionate fees, with a decent (one hopes) profit at the end of it all.

It's, as simple as that.
Fair enough. Thank you for the response. Crazy that’s what it’s like.
MBR
1/23/2020 10:44pm
If I’ve understood correctly, Finland isn’t 100% man made. But I guess we’ll see.
Yes, but there will be some elevation changes on the track, so it won't be just a parking lot with jumps. Also some parts of the track will be permanent.
ayearinmx
1/24/2020 3:06am
MBR wrote:
Yes, but there will be some elevation changes on the track, so it won't be just a parking lot with jumps. Also some parts of the...
Yes, but there will be some elevation changes on the track, so it won't be just a parking lot with jumps. Also some parts of the track will be permanent.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't intending to make it sound like I was already dismissing the Finnish track.... I was simply going off the few bits of information I'd seen of it. It's not like the previous GP track in Hyvinkaa was massively elevated, so I don't mind having a few of these 'newer' tracks put in with the older school ones. There are nice things about both styles of track, and while people will complain about this new Spanish track, its not like Redsands was anything other than a load of dirt dumped onto a flat area.

I think the championship should have a good mix of everything and if you go down that list of tracks, I think you'll find that pretty much every type of terrain and surface and climate is covered, and as someone who goes to all of the rounds, variety is a great thing (and so is the occasional track near a city/airport Wink )
RG1
1/24/2020 4:18am
RG1 wrote:
vandy509 wrote:
Mucktub wrote:
Unless you're intending to use the camper van through the days before or after the GP, you may want to consider looking at Center Parcs, it's...
Unless you're intending to use the camper van through the days before or after the GP, you may want to consider looking at Center Parcs, it's next to the track and they generally open up a gate so you can just about walk right in to the track, if you've got family with you I think it's a perfect place to stay for the GP, granted you won't get the GP campsite experience but it's usually pretty cold that time of year anyway. And you can always go round to the campsite to check out the daftness and nonsense if you want to.
Completely agree with this. Center Parcs is where I normally stay for Valkenswaard GP
Mucktub
1/24/2020 5:16am Edited Date/Time 1/24/2020 5:17am
I have also stayed there when I go to Lommel GP, like I said it's great for the family, especially like us, my son and me go to the GP while my wife and daughter stay in Centre Parcs enjoying the facilities there.
vandy509
1/24/2020 9:21am
vandy509 wrote:
Mucktub wrote:
Unless you're intending to use the camper van through the days before or after the GP, you may want to consider looking at Center Parcs, it's...
RG1 wrote:
Completely agree with this. Center Parcs is where I normally stay for Valkenswaard GP
Thanks for the heads up on that - but I'll be staying the whole week after the GP so I wanted to get the campervan to driver around/camp some during that week. I appreciate all the help!

Post a reply to: MXGP 2020 calendar

The Latest