[MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

4/19/2016 9:11am
cjg23307 wrote:
can anyone of you who have the game answer if it has multiplayer not online so 2 of us can race on the same console and...
can anyone of you who have the game answer if it has multiplayer not online so 2 of us can race on the same console and tv thanks?
It's one player like that, sorry.
Rowlands
4/19/2016 9:13am
cjg23307 wrote:
can anyone of you who have the game answer if it has multiplayer not online so 2 of us can race on the same console and...
can anyone of you who have the game answer if it has multiplayer not online so 2 of us can race on the same console and tv thanks?
On PS4 it doesn't, which sucks
4/19/2016 9:27am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 9:28am
Hcallz5 wrote:
Put in about an hour today. It seems like the turning isn't as responsive as the first one. Sound effects are still sub par. I can't...
Put in about an hour today. It seems like the turning isn't as responsive as the first one. Sound effects are still sub par. I can't whip without looking like a fish out of water. 250's are slow and shit and no fun.

I'm going to give it some time though, 450's are considerably more fun. Hopefully the game comes into character with mod 450's.

I'm running full 30 FPS (locked) with the graphics maxed out.
Specs: Intel i5 4790k (no overclock) with a GTX 970 SSC GPU
USB Xbox controller.
Couple things
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

To whip, you have to move the toggles in opposite direction (or switch the toggle mapping).

If you go to options (while in the game) you can move the camera near or far away. I don't use first player, but I imagine you can move it back to use a further back perspective.

The game is more like Motogp, you have to go slow to go fast (much more than MXGP1). If you try to rip corners, you'll push through corners and crash. This was the biggest hurdle for me, but now I enjoy the game once I stopped pushing like the previous game.
cjg23307
4/19/2016 9:28am
Damnit I was hoping they fixed that. I ordered the game off of eBay since I am in America and none of these reviews or anything sound very exciting about it at all!

The Shop

Tpog496
4/19/2016 10:09am
I'm half way through my first season on career mode and I'm enjoying the hell out of it. I'm on pro physics, no assists, and manual transmission. I switch it up from first to third person. This game blows MVA SX out of the water. The whips and cornering are a step above the first installment in my opinion.
TKL965
4/19/2016 12:21pm
I think they adressed a lot of the problems from the first one. Best game out to date on consoles for mx,
I think they have the scale and speed right. cornering is nearly perfect, just need ruts.

Love the customizing, I think they will add more PRO replica kits, I want Tim Gajser SHIFT kit.

Tracks are alot better this year, alothough the sand tracks need to be re done, Lommel is smoother thans a babys bum.
Sounds to be adressed urgently, think they were better last year.
Need to have 2 bangas!

Cornering is loads better, you actually can get into a rut or berm and seem to be able to rail it better.
you dont slow down as much when over jumping small jumps.

Things I dont like are:

jumping is still weird, like you cant lean forward or tap the brake to bring the front down. whips at least look better this year.
Needs to have more deformation on tracks.
Clutch needs to be more effective in the corners.

psychotronBR
Fantasy
1281st
4/19/2016 12:42pm
I played the demo for the first one, absolutely hated it. I felt like i was riding on rails the entire time (the air controls were particularly terrible). And from the videos i've seen so far, not much has changed, so i'll pass.

Slick graphics and presentation tho!
MB109
4/19/2016 4:43pm
The game is loads better than the first one..

The air controls aren't as free as MX ATV obviously but they are a lot better than before. If you start a scrub and hang it out with one stick (either bike or body) during it, you gain a lot of different ways to manipulate the position of the bike in the air. Pretty fun, leads to some gnarly crashes.

Cornering is better, the AI never uses the outside lines and berms (using the word "berm" loosely) and I've found that it's pretty easy to pass 3-4 guys in one corner doing that. There's no real rut use in the game for me, it's too easy to go in and out of them and it's faster to just rip over them. Wish the terrain deformation was better, definitely lacking. Pretty weak..and the sand tracks are not sand haha.

Biggest complaint - AI racing style. Feels like MotoGP as someone else stated..and you can never be on the inside of the corner or else you get slaughtered once contact is made. Starts are pretty easy, taking the outside gate = holeshot 90% of the time. I jumped in the MX2 career on Realistic/Pro physics etc and by race 4 I've been sweeping the motos.. better than the first one, but the AI is predictable.

The weather is turning now here..can't see myself playing much till winter comes.

Overall: if you're a nerd that likes moto..buy it.
Hcallz5
4/19/2016 5:38pm
Not gonna lie I was not enjoying the game at first but I've gotten the hang of it and it's super fun. At the start you're on what I assume is a stock bike so you're getting your ass whooped. After you sign with a team it helps out a ton. My only nitpicks are the sound effects of the bikes obviously and AI that doesn't seem to check up if you take a line from them then they plow you. Also it seems like even if you have a 5 second lead and fall you can find yourself in 10th most of the time.
VilloFan951
4/20/2016 8:09am
I agree the Ai lines can be brutal if you are in the way. It's like a bowers/web scenario lol but I just did episode 3 of my series yesterday and it will be up today I got a better bike and upgraded it and I love it!
1-forty-8
4/20/2016 8:53am
I gotta say I'm really starting to like it now. There are annoyances but it's cool. The gameplay really starts to grow on you after awhile. Excited to see where they go in the future with these titles.
MB109
4/22/2016 10:56am
I ordered mine off ebay awhile back..came from Euroland somewhere.
5/1/2016 7:33pm
Here you have a WORLD RECORD lap in one of those super creative supecross tracks.

I thought might be cool for anyone to see how the game flows going fast.

I really do miss those Reflex scrubs... I feel like the supercross tracks aren't well made at all. Some sections are good but most of them not. Hoppefully they bring us a good DLC with a good supercross track.

Anyone has the game for PS4?

Paul333
5/1/2016 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2016 7:42pm
I must got mine a few days ago from Ebay (England). So far its far better than the original version. I agree most tracks are way better but some are babies butt smooth (Lommel). I was also looking forward to SHIFT gear but its not an option, they do have FOX, THOR, ETC.

So far I have rode two full seasons, one MX2 and another MX1, plus raced a few moto's online. I have yet to figure out how to get out of the gate fast. No matter how much I try with the clutch my bike always tip toes off the line.
VilloFan951
5/1/2016 7:45pm
Paul333 wrote:
I must got mine a few days ago from Ebay (England). So far its far better than the original version. I agree most tracks are way...
I must got mine a few days ago from Ebay (England). So far its far better than the original version. I agree most tracks are way better but some are babies butt smooth (Lommel). I was also looking forward to SHIFT gear but its not an option, they do have FOX, THOR, ETC.

So far I have rode two full seasons, one MX2 and another MX1, plus raced a few moto's online. I have yet to figure out how to get out of the gate fast. No matter how much I try with the clutch my bike always tip toes off the line.
For me I try to time it perfectly just so I get off the line before th AI. In this video I believe I actually got a decent start https://youtu.be/FPvg0GLxCNE
2thefront
5/13/2016 8:16pm
Looks like the game has been pushed back to 6/21 in the states.
5/13/2016 8:19pm
Why in the eff would it be delayed in the US when it's already out in Europe?!?
IceMan446
5/14/2016 12:08am
TripleFive wrote:
Order it on Amazon. Got mine in 7 days.
Plugga
5/14/2016 12:29am
TripleFive wrote:
And down this neck of the woods too.

Guys, its a great game. Way better than the first.

Go and buy it.
motoman617
5/15/2016 4:12pm
If you want this on the PC cdkeys.com has it for $23.31. You will be sent the key after purchase then just enter it in steam to activate. Got it earlier today.
IceMan446
5/15/2016 4:22pm
After playing the game for some time now, I am a little disappointed.

A couple of things:

The supercross tracks are terrible. The rhythm lanes are all pretty much one rhythm. You can't really do anything different to make up time or jump something no one else is. All one lined.

The clutch should be taken off. It's virtually useless.

The scrub/whip feature is still bad. I figured this would be fixed as it was the most complained about thing in the last game. You scrub or whip and have no control of the bike until you land again, and the rider movement doesn't help in that situation.

The graphics (PS4) are very good. The tracks and the scenery are very detailed as are the bikes.

This could be a very good game with just a few minor tweaks. I'm looking forward to the next one if they correct some of the issues listed above.
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
5/15/2016 5:05pm
IceMan446 wrote:
After playing the game for some time now, I am a little disappointed. A couple of things: The supercross tracks are terrible. The rhythm lanes are...
After playing the game for some time now, I am a little disappointed.

A couple of things:

The supercross tracks are terrible. The rhythm lanes are all pretty much one rhythm. You can't really do anything different to make up time or jump something no one else is. All one lined.

The clutch should be taken off. It's virtually useless.

The scrub/whip feature is still bad. I figured this would be fixed as it was the most complained about thing in the last game. You scrub or whip and have no control of the bike until you land again, and the rider movement doesn't help in that situation.

The graphics (PS4) are very good. The tracks and the scenery are very detailed as are the bikes.

This could be a very good game with just a few minor tweaks. I'm looking forward to the next one if they correct some of the issues listed above.
thats what i see too. put these graphics and options with mx vs atv physics.mx has ruts and bumps that make you change lines. ill beat on that dead horse some more........the sound of the bikes is like atari . the 1st atari.
Yamaha245
5/15/2016 5:32pm
thepelican wrote:
I may should of have started this topic in the Game Room section but well since not many people check that out... I thought that the...
I may should of have started this topic in the Game Room section but well since not many people check that out... I thought that the best way to let you know the North America release date was creating a topic here.

-Europe release date: 7th April 2016
-North America release date: 7th June 2016

Whips still seems to be animated and not "free" like in Reflex.
Anyway, seems like Milestone takes the best from the MotoGP, Ride and WRC videogames and puted it in this new MXGP game.

Here some good pics:

North America version. Seems like the game will incluide some of the first MXGP content:

Covington and Guillod.

MXGP 2 will incluide 4 supercross tracks. They look ugly as you can see in the pictures... but oh well.

Football Arena 1, Football Arena 2, Diamond Stadium 1 and Diamond Stadium 2 are the super creative names of these 4 SX tracks.

Kingston 1, Fort Dodge 2, Stonepoint... those sounds more realistic xD

Villopoto in the Spanish track Talavera de la Reina

MXGP 2 will incluide the MXON mode. We will be able to choose our country and play with it in these tracks:
-Maggiora
-Glen Helen
-Lommel
-Ernée (2015 MXON version)
-Kegums
-Teutschenthal

This is one of the strong points for MXGP 2. Customization mode looks awesome. (Reflex one was awesome 7 years ago)

We will have lot of brands (Fox, Acerbis, UFO, Alpinestars, Thor, Airoh, 100%,Oakley,Axo...) to customize our rider being able to change the helmet, gear, goggles, boots and neck brace. MXGP fonts were horrible... seems like they added some cool ones now.

We will also have the opportunity to create our team for the Career mode. TM, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, KTM and Husqvarna are all the bike brands we can choose to be the World Champion. (Hope they now have fix the IA.. in MXGP was a joke)

These are sexy

Lot of extra stuff to change

Dakamuto

They added hanguards this time. We will at least have 3 differents style from Acerbis, UFO, Circuit...

There will also be 2 Test Tracks to test our setups and bikes.

They have now added a clutch

We wanted them to fix the in air phyisics and they didn't... well at least we will have a good customization mode, lot of tracks and that stuff... hope the online works good.

Here's a page I run on Facebook. We are already 300 people that can't wait to organize online Championships. Join us to play! Smile (Also in English)

https://www.facebook.com/Spanish-MX-Gamers-289875701207996/
I thought Mxgp was good not great but I'll be buying that shit. Anything moto is fun
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
5/15/2016 6:28pm
Switched my location from US to UK to try the demo on Xbox one. First and foremost best looking mx game of all time (as to be expected with next gen console).
I love the customization part of the game, but let's be real it's not new in mx games. From the gear to the bikes they look sharp as could be.
Now for the complaints lol. Can't stand the slowed down feeling the game has now. I don't have the rush of being one swap away from slamming my face off the ground, way more tamed. Also I'm with the others on "air/jump physics" being untouched, literally feels the same as MXGP1 and that's not a good thing. I think the turning is better, but clutch is useless but very few mx games has one ever been that useful lol. And the terrain doesn't deform at all.

Do not get me wrong, it's a new mx game I'm glad someone is at least making some strides for a good next gen game. Buy it and see for yourself, fun none the less. I'm happy with any new moto game, but let's back down on the "greatest mx game of all time" because that's downright laughable.

731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
5/15/2016 6:34pm Edited Date/Time 5/15/2016 6:34pm
Switched my location from US to UK to try the demo on Xbox one. First and foremost best looking mx game of all time (as to...
Switched my location from US to UK to try the demo on Xbox one. First and foremost best looking mx game of all time (as to be expected with next gen console).
I love the customization part of the game, but let's be real it's not new in mx games. From the gear to the bikes they look sharp as could be.
Now for the complaints lol. Can't stand the slowed down feeling the game has now. I don't have the rush of being one swap away from slamming my face off the ground, way more tamed. Also I'm with the others on "air/jump physics" being untouched, literally feels the same as MXGP1 and that's not a good thing. I think the turning is better, but clutch is useless but very few mx games has one ever been that useful lol. And the terrain doesn't deform at all.

Do not get me wrong, it's a new mx game I'm glad someone is at least making some strides for a good next gen game. Buy it and see for yourself, fun none the less. I'm happy with any new moto game, but let's back down on the "greatest mx game of all time" because that's downright laughable.

Were you playing in First Person view? The game feels and looks much better in first person view. Also, to scrub you need to push the sticks in opposite directions (left on left stick and right on right stick or right on left and left on right). You can whip the bike sort of like MXGP one by doing the sticks in the same direction but if you do a scrub you can whip/scrub the bike as much as you want to the point of going upside down and falling off the bike.

In order to get the most out of the game in my opinion it needs to be played with pro physics, manual transmission and in first person view.
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
5/15/2016 7:42pm
731chopper wrote:
Were you playing in First Person view? The game feels and looks much better in first person view. Also, to scrub you need to push the...
Were you playing in First Person view? The game feels and looks much better in first person view. Also, to scrub you need to push the sticks in opposite directions (left on left stick and right on right stick or right on left and left on right). You can whip the bike sort of like MXGP one by doing the sticks in the same direction but if you do a scrub you can whip/scrub the bike as much as you want to the point of going upside down and falling off the bike.

In order to get the most out of the game in my opinion it needs to be played with pro physics, manual transmission and in first person view.
I started out directly with pro physics and did first person view and I think it's one of the best first person views out of any mx game, very smooth. But I'm not a big first person fan, not as appealing to me. And "scrubbing" as you would like to call, can not be utilized to make gains on the track. Hear me out. The jumping is so rigid it limits the momentum carried through sections. The scrubbing is a pre set motion, the user just controls the distance they want to take it. It doesn't actually benefit like a scrub should. Granted I do it every chance I get because it's fun but I can't stand the feel of the jumping.

Post a reply to: [MXGP 2 VIDEOGAME] US. Release Date

The Latest