MXGP 2 Developer interview!

flatout111
Edited Date/Time 12/24/2015 1:41pm
Notice how many times in this interview he says "realistic". So nice to see at least one of the MX console games' developers focus on what counts. Authenticity and realism. That is where all modern sports games are at these days. Rainbow had a good engine with Reflex/Alive but they seem to be going backwards. In over 10 years, they have never been able to acquire a full license and seem to want to please the casual fans more than the MX fan. Milestone really seems to be spot on in their direction. Can't wait for MXGP 2.

MXGP 2 details:

MXGP and MX2 complete riders and teams
Authentic 1 to 1 replica tracks of the MXGP series
All the real and authentic replica bikes, graphics, teams, sponsors and gear
MXDN mode with all the MXDN riders, gear, bikes, teams
And even more in-depth career mode where you can customize your team
Full bike customization
Improved physics and graphics

These guys have their sh*t together. Thank you, Milestone!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pKV_fwuTpE&feature=player_embedded

|
12/14/2015 3:00pm
I cant wait either. MXGP 1 was a great start to a franchise. Lots of positives in that game. Now, just build on it.
731chopper
Fantasy
442nd
12/14/2015 4:00pm
I am a big fan of the first one and am eagerly awaiting the release of this one. Everything is sounding good about it. I'm surprised that he said there will be 4 Supercross style stadium tracks.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/14/2015 4:04pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2015 4:07pm
I hope the team/bike customization is better than it is in their MotoGP games.
zehn
12/14/2015 4:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2015 4:38pm
Boom! Now that's how you introduce a game. I really like how ambitious they are with this project. It's definitely a breath of fresh air for the console MX gaming community.

Things I'm looking forward to:

Real dynamic terrain deformation (this was my biggest gripe with MXGP 1, other than the whips/scrubs).

Going along with that, I hope they increase the difference in feel and such with hardpack vs. sand tracks. In MXGP 1, there was a bit of a difference, but not so much that it required an entirely different bike setup or a different riding technique.

Improved physics and rider animation, both in the air and on the ground. This is a no-brainer.

A more flushed out Career mode. MXGP 1 left a lot to be desired in terms of customization of gear/bikes/parts etc. It really affected the replayability of that game.

Their take on SX tracks will be really interesting. I wonder how this engine will handle that environment, and I also wonder how different your bike setup will need to be for those tracks.

MXDN track and riders. How cool is that?

DID I MENTION GLEN HELEN?!?!?!?! Beyond stoked to finally have a 1:1 replica of that track. This has been a long time coming, and we deserve it. The Nequen track looks great too.

Unfortunately, it looks like this game will not include 2 strokes (he didn't mention that it would). I will gladly look the other way if the game is good enough, however.

The Shop

EcoSX478
12/14/2015 4:46pm
Thanks for the post. These guys are doing a great job! Rainbow studios might as well call it quits on releasing any more MX games.
zehn
12/14/2015 4:49pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
Thanks for the post. These guys are doing a great job! Rainbow studios might as well call it quits on releasing any more MX games.
Naw man, the more the merrier in my opinion. They are a couple tweaks away from a great game as well.
DoctorJD
12/14/2015 4:58pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
zehn wrote:
Naw man, the more the merrier in my opinion. They are a couple tweaks away from a great game as well.
Out of the box, MVA "Supercross" wasn't that great. Since the "Encore" update, I dare say it's fun again. It was a huge step in the right direction, I just hope they stay the course.
yzjs7
12/14/2015 5:03pm
Sounds good but did anyone catch at the end he says they're struggling?
mx617
12/14/2015 5:11pm
MXDN mode with all the MXDN riders, gear, bikes, teams

So no Canada. Maybe I'll play as Greece. sigh....

PastranaWho
12/14/2015 5:13pm
When is the release date? Game is going to be awesome. I cant wait to play it.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/14/2015 5:15pm
Feb.
PastranaWho
12/14/2015 5:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/14/2015 5:20pm
GD2 wrote:
Feb.
Kool, i hope its free whips/ scrubs, if they can improve on that game is going to be real good.
flatout111
12/14/2015 5:33pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Raining Yellow!

You can tell English isn't his first language. I think he just meant they are working hard to get it finished in time.

+1 on the Glen Helen 1 to 1 replica. About freakin' time!!! Thanks Milestone. And I, too, am pumped about the Supercross tracks. Hope they are Lille, Geneva replicas!
Zycki11
12/14/2015 5:40pm
yzjs7 wrote:
I think he was saying that in terms of how hard they are working to make this a great game. Seems to me like everything is positive from that interview. Pumped on it for sure
chrisg19
Fantasy
4437th
12/23/2015 12:09pm
Release date pushed back to March 31 2016 for Europe. No word on North America that I could find...
RG1
12/23/2015 12:22pm
When Milestone first started making games they weren't all that great, but they work really really hard to make each one of their games better every time. The MotoGP games have got better and better and the newest one is superb. MXGP was absolutely awesome, and if they improve the same way then MXGP2 should be one of if not the best MX game ever
zehn
12/23/2015 12:54pm
chrisg19 wrote:
Release date pushed back to March 31 2016 for Europe. No word on North America that I could find...
No qualms with this. They can take an extra 6 months for all I care, as long as they are genuinely improving the game
peelout
12/23/2015 1:15pm
MXdN mode

you know what would be sweet... is if the MXdN mode was an online mode and you could set your team of 3 against other teams of 3 and battle it out for the overall. i would play the shit out of that.
RG1
12/23/2015 1:15pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode you know what would be sweet... is if the MXdN mode was an online mode and you could set your team of 3 against...
MXdN mode

you know what would be sweet... is if the MXdN mode was an online mode and you could set your team of 3 against other teams of 3 and battle it out for the overall. i would play the shit out of that.
+1
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/23/2015 1:22pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode you know what would be sweet... is if the MXdN mode was an online mode and you could set your team of 3 against...
MXdN mode

Agreed.
zehn
12/23/2015 1:24pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode

That's a great idea. The only downside I see is that it would require a pretty substantial time investment, even if you did 5 lap motos.

I would do it though
Zycki11
12/23/2015 1:36pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode

zehn wrote:
That's a great idea. The only downside I see is that it would require a pretty substantial time investment, even if you did 5 lap motos...
That's a great idea. The only downside I see is that it would require a pretty substantial time investment, even if you did 5 lap motos.

I would do it though
It's like a miniature tournament. Great idea for sure
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
12/23/2015 1:43pm
EcoSX478 wrote:
zehn wrote:
With the latest Encore DLC that was released earlier this week with a ton of new tracks, bikes, etc, the game is complete and a blast to play again. Looks and feels right.

I don't care how many people hate on the game, i love it.

Reflex is still dope though.

peelout
12/23/2015 1:45pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode

zehn wrote:
That's a great idea. The only downside I see is that it would require a pretty substantial time investment, even if you did 5 lap motos...

I would do it though
oh man i don't want to embarrass myself by admitting to how many hours i played in MXvsATV Unleashed tournaments and Untamed, Reflex tournaments... let's just say it was A LOT

lol
Motofinne
12/23/2015 1:46pm
Pushing back release dates is a good thing. It's way, WAY better to push back the release dates than to release a bad/buggy game too early.

The latest MotoGP game was really good and i think that the MXGP games will get better and better after every release!
swedishfishmx
Fantasy
3801st
12/23/2015 1:52pm
peelout wrote:
MXdN mode

zehn wrote:

I would do it though
peelout wrote:
oh man i don't want to embarrass myself by admitting to how many hours i played in MXvsATV Unleashed tournaments and Untamed, Reflex tournaments... let's just...
oh man i don't want to embarrass myself by admitting to how many hours i played in MXvsATV Unleashed tournaments and Untamed, Reflex tournaments... let's just say it was A LOT

lol
Agreed. So many 20+2's.
IceMan446
12/23/2015 1:53pm
Cant wait to play it.

Wasn't a huge fan of the first one but I like the direction the game is going.

I hope they get this one right and from what it sounds like they are doing their best.
12/23/2015 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2015 1:56pm
It says a lot about how an actual motocross career would've went for me when just playing full motos on mxgp makes me tired lol. I'm a two lap hero.
peelout
12/23/2015 2:05pm
It says a lot about how an actual motocross career would've went for me when just playing full motos on mxgp makes me tired lol. I'm...
It says a lot about how an actual motocross career would've went for me when just playing full motos on mxgp makes me tired lol. I'm a two lap hero.
ever played the F1 games?

i use to play the full weekends on that game and most of the races i was ok, but after playing a full race at Monaco i needed a serious nap. i could barely make it through the race without having to take a break.
Motofinne
12/23/2015 2:07pm
It says a lot about how an actual motocross career would've went for me when just playing full motos on mxgp makes me tired lol. I'm...
peelout wrote:
ever played the F1 games? i use to play the full weekends on that game and most of the races i was ok, but after playing...
ever played the F1 games?

i use to play the full weekends on that game and most of the races i was ok, but after playing a full race at Monaco i needed a serious nap. i could barely make it through the race without having to take a break.
A 100% F1 game race at Monaco is fucking gnarly! Think about the real drivers, an F1 car is incredibly difficult to drive!

Post a reply to: MXGP 2 Developer interview!

The Latest