MXDN´s is ruined for me - damn Italy

sbowlden111
8/22/2010 7:32pm
DownSouth wrote:
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small...
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small space. The sponsors already have their logos on the bike, pants, helmet, crew shirts, haulers, banners all over the track etc. Making a big deal over the jersey for a once a year race seems a bit excessive. It is a bad deal all around but it is hard to believe that they can not compromise on a solution.
For Real. I would rather my logo appear on my riders jersey on the podium no matter how small than be 5000 miles away and the whoe mx world know it was your fault that arguably the fastest rider in the worldWhistling couldn't take pace in what could have been the race of the century.
sbowlden111
8/22/2010 7:34pm
Who are these sponsors standing in the way with the Italian Federation anyway?
Team Euro
8/22/2010 7:52pm
Who are these sponsors standing in the way with the Italian Federation anyway?
For the layman it's KTM and Yamaha, both pretty small players in the Motocross arena? The trick word was "layman" ,there is a lot more going on " Don't pay any attention to that man behind the curtain ,Dorothy"...
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
8/22/2010 7:55pm
DownSouth wrote:
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small...
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small space. The sponsors already have their logos on the bike, pants, helmet, crew shirts, haulers, banners all over the track etc. Making a big deal over the jersey for a once a year race seems a bit excessive. It is a bad deal all around but it is hard to believe that they can not compromise on a solution.
For Real. I would rather my logo appear on my riders jersey on the podium no matter how small than be 5000 miles away and the...
For Real. I would rather my logo appear on my riders jersey on the podium no matter how small than be 5000 miles away and the whoe mx world know it was your fault that arguably the fastest rider in the worldWhistling couldn't take pace in what could have been the race of the century.
I totally agree.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 8:37pm
eddie wrote:
thats bullshit and you know it . the sport on the pro level doesnt exist without the fans . every pro sport in the world knows...
thats bullshit and you know it .

the sport on the pro level doesnt exist without the fans . every pro sport in the world knows that .... except motocross apparently .
I've never seen a fan's ego cross the finish line in first place...though it might in this thread.

If I was going to lay blame from afar, I think it'd be aimed at the Italian Federation for being inflexible. Yes, the Italian jersey would look great without logos, but if you're going to sideline your two best riders because their sponsors can't be represented...well...you're not doing your country, it's riders or fans proud.

But Sunhouse, if it's really ruined for you, as you suggest here, either get a refund for your flight, hotel, etc. (you should have plenty of time), or get a box of tissues and some therapy, and get over it already. Jeez...
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 8:40pm
Sunhouse wrote:
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one...
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one of the fastest teams won´t show up with arguably the best rider(s) because of BS.

Whoever says motocross should grow: stick it in you @ss! This is what happens when a sport grows. Money goes way before pride, fans and racing. We have been screwed and robbed of possibly the race of the decade!

Whoever works in the Italian federation, and the bitching sponsors of AC and DP - I´m e-raping you all, and I´m definitely not buying anything from their sponsors either!

There´s no point in going anymore - at least not this year
Jaeckle...so we have a geographic size advantage. But they get the works bike advantage. At what point does it level out?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 8:45pm
You know why I have trouble taking Team Euro's posts seriously?

DrSweden
8/22/2010 9:15pm
GuyB wrote:

I wonder why he has Sweden as a cover! LOL!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 9:18pm
GuyB wrote:

DrSweden wrote:
I wonder why he has Sweden as a cover! LOL!
Because he's a troll?
Team Euro
8/22/2010 9:34pm
Orebro Sweden,Lillestrom Norway,Valkenswaard Netherlands, Temecula and Bodfish Calif., Which adress do you want?
oldx
8/22/2010 9:35pm
Busted
eddie
8/22/2010 10:04pm
eddie wrote:
thats bullshit and you know it . the sport on the pro level doesnt exist without the fans . every pro sport in the world knows...
thats bullshit and you know it .

the sport on the pro level doesnt exist without the fans . every pro sport in the world knows that .... except motocross apparently .
GuyB wrote:
I've never seen a fan's ego cross the finish line in first place...though it might in this thread. If I was going to lay blame from...
I've never seen a fan's ego cross the finish line in first place...though it might in this thread.

If I was going to lay blame from afar, I think it'd be aimed at the Italian Federation for being inflexible. Yes, the Italian jersey would look great without logos, but if you're going to sideline your two best riders because their sponsors can't be represented...well...you're not doing your country, it's riders or fans proud.

But Sunhouse, if it's really ruined for you, as you suggest here, either get a refund for your flight, hotel, etc. (you should have plenty of time), or get a box of tissues and some therapy, and get over it already. Jeez...
why are you quoting me ?

do you disagree that a pro sport cannot exist without fans ?

the fans of mx have made it very clear that they just want to see ALL the best riders in the world line up on the same gate .

they had hoped it would happen at the usgp . it didnt .

they hope it will happen at the mxdn .... it is not looking like it will . the fans get screwed again .

and yet here you are , throwing a fan who is spending THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS on one single race , under the bus .

afuckingmazing .

Team Euro
8/22/2010 10:17pm
GuyB wrote:

Try about 40 miles east of Bakersfield using Verizon at Lake Isabella, or Bodfish a 2 bedroom summer house, which is for sale if you are interested..Will give you a good deal for cash!!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 10:37pm
I love that fans are passionate about the sports that they love...just like I am. But I guess where I part with Sunhouse is at the subject line. I don't think I could ever say that any race is ruined for me because only two riders aren't included. Add James Stewart into that mix with Cairoli and Phillipaerts. Is it ruined now? Nope, not yet.

But is it extremely unfortunate that two of the best (and one current world champ) won't be on the line? Absolutely. And because of politics? That's even weaker.

Maybe it's that in our sport (and plenty of others) that the participants are so susceptible to injury that from week-to-week we can't guarantee who we'll see on the gate.

Personally, I was hoping they'd work up some kind of compromise. But it sounds like everyone's drawn their line in the sand, and no one's budging. It's a lose-lose-lose-lose-lose situation for the riders, the fans, the sponsors, the countries, and the event.

Can a sport exist without fans? I don't know. It seemed to work okay at Glen Helen this year. (Yeah, I know, bad example.) Wink

There seem to be some sports (not necessarily ours) that don't care if there are fans in the stands, as long as there's a good event to shoot and package for TV. Personally I prefer that they're lining the fences and cheering on their favorite rider....just like I'll be doing there.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/22/2010 10:41pm
GuyB wrote:

Team Euro wrote:
Try about 40 miles east of Bakersfield using Verizon at Lake Isabella, or Bodfish a 2 bedroom summer house, which is for sale if you are...
Try about 40 miles east of Bakersfield using Verizon at Lake Isabella, or Bodfish a 2 bedroom summer house, which is for sale if you are interested..Will give you a good deal for cash!!
Sorry, can't afford it.
Team Euro
8/22/2010 10:52pm
GuyB wrote:
I love that fans are passionate about the sports that they love...just like I am. But I guess where I part with Sunhouse is at the...
I love that fans are passionate about the sports that they love...just like I am. But I guess where I part with Sunhouse is at the subject line. I don't think I could ever say that any race is ruined for me because only two riders aren't included. Add James Stewart into that mix with Cairoli and Phillipaerts. Is it ruined now? Nope, not yet.

But is it extremely unfortunate that two of the best (and one current world champ) won't be on the line? Absolutely. And because of politics? That's even weaker.

Maybe it's that in our sport (and plenty of others) that the participants are so susceptible to injury that from week-to-week we can't guarantee who we'll see on the gate.

Personally, I was hoping they'd work up some kind of compromise. But it sounds like everyone's drawn their line in the sand, and no one's budging. It's a lose-lose-lose-lose-lose situation for the riders, the fans, the sponsors, the countries, and the event.

Can a sport exist without fans? I don't know. It seemed to work okay at Glen Helen this year. (Yeah, I know, bad example.) Wink

There seem to be some sports (not necessarily ours) that don't care if there are fans in the stands, as long as there's a good event to shoot and package for TV. Personally I prefer that they're lining the fences and cheering on their favorite rider....just like I'll be doing there.
includes 2 jetskis with trailer!
Sunhouse
8/23/2010 7:31am
GuyB wrote:
I love that fans are passionate about the sports that they love...just like I am. But I guess where I part with Sunhouse is at the...

MXDN`s is all about GPs vs. AMA racing. I don`t care what people say - and not too long ago people pretty much agreed on here that whoever was the fastest at the event was the worlds fastest. Well, along comes MXDN`s with little to nothinng to offer - yet again. And there is no federation telling its riders not to race, it`s sponsors. Way to ruin the sport. It`like watching the world cup without Brazil, Argentina, England, Spain, Germany etc. These things make th e'MXDN`s matter less. The fans care about them, but for how long if the best riders in the world can`t meet up as intended because of blue-collared desitions. We`re sell-outs!
flarider
8/23/2010 7:44am
Sunhouse wrote:
MXDN`s is all about GPs vs. AMA racing. I don`t care what people say - and not too long ago people pretty much agreed on here...
MXDN`s is all about GPs vs. AMA racing. I don`t care what people say - and not too long ago people pretty much agreed on here that whoever was the fastest at the event was the worlds fastest. Well, along comes MXDN`s with little to nothinng to offer - yet again. And there is no federation telling its riders not to race, it`s sponsors. Way to ruin the sport. It`like watching the world cup without Brazil, Argentina, England, Spain, Germany etc. These things make th e'MXDN`s matter less. The fans care about them, but for how long if the best riders in the world can`t meet up as intended because of blue-collared desitions. We`re sell-outs!
Who said the sponsors told the riders not to race?
Can you show me where AC or DP said "My sponsors told me not to race?"

jamma10
8/23/2010 8:03am
Sunhouse wrote:
MXDN`s is all about GPs vs. AMA racing. I don`t care what people say - and not too long ago people pretty much agreed on here...
flarider wrote:
Who said the sponsors told the riders not to race?
Can you show me where AC or DP said "My sponsors told me not to race?"

I doubt they'd get very far without them.
DrSweden
8/23/2010 8:34am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 8:37am
Team Euro wrote:
Orebro Sweden,Lillestrom Norway,Valkenswaard Netherlands, Temecula and Bodfish Calif., Which adress do you want?
So what are you doing in Örebro? Where were you born?

By the way, How do you guys explain where and were and the diff? I just discovered that they follow each other when this question is being asked, but they mean the same thing...
ATKpilot99
8/23/2010 8:37am

They need these guys to set matters straight .
8/23/2010 10:03am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2010 10:05am
Oh Wait... this doesnt make sense!!!

p.s.

The boy on the left is the Famous Facchetti!

muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
8/23/2010 10:28am
This is an easy out for Cairoli...well played
mxmasta
Fantasy
814th
8/23/2010 10:51am
Sunhouse wrote:
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one...
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one of the fastest teams won´t show up with arguably the best rider(s) because of BS.

Whoever says motocross should grow: stick it in you @ss! This is what happens when a sport grows. Money goes way before pride, fans and racing. We have been screwed and robbed of possibly the race of the decade!

Whoever works in the Italian federation, and the bitching sponsors of AC and DP - I´m e-raping you all, and I´m definitely not buying anything from their sponsors either!

There´s no point in going anymore - at least not this year
I totaly agree!
And I have the same dream ...

Post a reply to: MXDN´s is ruined for me - damn Italy

The Latest