MXDN´s is ruined for me - damn Italy

Sunhouse
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:12pm
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one of the fastest teams won´t show up with arguably the best rider(s) because of BS.

Whoever says motocross should grow: stick it in you @ss! This is what happens when a sport grows. Money goes way before pride, fans and racing. We have been screwed and robbed of possibly the race of the decade!

Whoever works in the Italian federation, and the bitching sponsors of AC and DP - I´m e-raping you all, and I´m definitely not buying anything from their sponsors either!

There´s no point in going anymore - at least not this year
|
bobby397
8/22/2010 11:13am
it was old news, Guyb posted it about 3 or 4 weeks ago
Sunhouse
8/22/2010 11:19am
bobby397 wrote:
There was always hope - but now AC has confirmed it. Still - another example of money ruining our sport. Sponsors don´t give a rats @ss about the fans of this sport. They want us to buy their products, but that´s about as far as it goes. The sports integrity don´t mean jack to them.
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 11:23am
Sunhouse wrote:
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one...
To me it was the most anticipated race all year! I´ve saved up and paid for hotel and plane tickets and a rental car. Now one of the fastest teams won´t show up with arguably the best rider(s) because of BS.

Whoever says motocross should grow: stick it in you @ss! This is what happens when a sport grows. Money goes way before pride, fans and racing. We have been screwed and robbed of possibly the race of the decade!

Whoever works in the Italian federation, and the bitching sponsors of AC and DP - I´m e-raping you all, and I´m definitely not buying anything from their sponsors either!

There´s no point in going anymore - at least not this year
The Italian federation not complying/giving-in to major sponsor wishes is not good for the sport world wide.
It will just scare more sponsors away....
Both the KTM Red Bull & Yamaha Monster Team's fork out far to much money in the sport to get treated like that.

Very bad move on the FMI's part...
And a slap in the face to many fans world wide.

The Shop

englishman
8/22/2010 11:24am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 11:24am
bobby397 wrote:
Sunhouse wrote:
There was always hope - but now AC has confirmed it. Still - another example of money ruining our sport. Sponsors don´t give a rats @ss...
There was always hope - but now AC has confirmed it. Still - another example of money ruining our sport. Sponsors don´t give a rats @ss about the fans of this sport. They want us to buy their products, but that´s about as far as it goes. The sports integrity don´t mean jack to them.
Sponsors & Federations if you look at it that way. The Italian federation is equally to blame.

FastEddy beat me to it !!
DownSouth
8/22/2010 11:29am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 11:30am
FastEddy wrote:
[b]The Italian federation[/b] not complying/giving-in to major sponsor wishes is not good for the sport world wide. It will just scare more sponsors away.... Both the...
The Italian federation not complying/giving-in to major sponsor wishes is not good for the sport world wide.
It will just scare more sponsors away....
Both the KTM Red Bull & Yamaha Monster Team's fork out far to much money in the sport to get treated like that.

Very bad move on the FMI's part...
And a slap in the face to many fans world wide.
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small space. The sponsors already have their logos on the bike, pants, helmet, crew shirts, haulers, banners all over the track etc. Making a big deal over the jersey for a once a year race seems a bit excessive. It is a bad deal all around but it is hard to believe that they can not compromise on a solution.
500guy
8/22/2010 11:30am
I certainly thought Luongo would resolve this problem and I'm surprised he did not, unless there is another reason Cairoli and Philliparts do not want to attend. and No I'm not saying it's because they are scared.
Sunhouse
8/22/2010 11:30am
Like I said initially, the Italian federation has to be a bunch of idiots. They actually wish to send a b-team when they could win, just to not budge to sponsors. However, how bad does this make the sponsors look too? They have the bikes full of stickers, most of them look more like energycans with two wheels. They are equally to blame and I won´t support BS companies who don´t give a crap about anything else but money and exposure. They are not in it for both sides - just their own interest.
dehner47
8/22/2010 11:32am
couldnt agree with ya anymore DownSouth..
bobby397
8/22/2010 11:33am
Sunhouse wrote:
Like I said initially, the Italian federation has to be a bunch of idiots. They actually wish to send a b-team when they could win, just...
Like I said initially, the Italian federation has to be a bunch of idiots. They actually wish to send a b-team when they could win, just to not budge to sponsors. However, how bad does this make the sponsors look too? They have the bikes full of stickers, most of them look more like energycans with two wheels. They are equally to blame and I won´t support BS companies who don´t give a crap about anything else but money and exposure. They are not in it for both sides - just their own interest.
i would say they could just win.... they would have put up a good fight though!
ST Anmore
8/22/2010 11:37am
It really does suck, especially as Herlings won't be riding either...
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 11:43am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 11:43am
DownSouth wrote:
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small...
Arguably the race is about riding for your country. The Federation wants the Team Italy jersey a certain way, and they gave the sponsors a small space. The sponsors already have their logos on the bike, pants, helmet, crew shirts, haulers, banners all over the track etc. Making a big deal over the jersey for a once a year race seems a bit excessive. It is a bad deal all around but it is hard to believe that they can not compromise on a solution.
The same sponsors had no problems with any of the other teams involved in the event. Wink

Sure the event it is about Countries from a fans point of view and also for the riders in a sense...

But from the business side of things....it really isn't,it's all about $$$$$$. Smile

It is still pro racing ,which is a business, the FMI should have gave in to their wishes, for the sake of the event,sponsors and the sport in general.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/22/2010 11:43am
Like always, cheer on the guys who are there.
Sunhouse
8/22/2010 11:47am
Cheer for the guys who are there and boycott AC and DP´s sponsors!
flarider
8/22/2010 11:55am
Blaming the sponsors is stupid, they're the ones who pay the bills.
If they weren't there, there'd be no team and AC or DP would never have made the team in the first place.
They pay and keep the teams afloat

I applaud both AC and DP for standing up for those who pay them and pay for the team to allow them to race.
Loyalty is something you don't see a lot of anymore

Blaming those who pay the bills is pure stupidity

lestat
8/22/2010 11:55am Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 11:57am
i agree 100 % sunhouse . this is just another reason why the sport will never be a bigtime sport . the people running it are more concerned with their own egos rather than doing what is good for the fans . pro motocross is a pathetic joke .
Sunhouse
8/22/2010 12:29pm
flarider wrote:
Blaming the sponsors is stupid, they're the ones who pay the bills. If they weren't there, there'd be no team and AC or DP would never...
Blaming the sponsors is stupid, they're the ones who pay the bills.
If they weren't there, there'd be no team and AC or DP would never have made the team in the first place.
They pay and keep the teams afloat

I applaud both AC and DP for standing up for those who pay them and pay for the team to allow them to race.
Loyalty is something you don't see a lot of anymore

Blaming those who pay the bills is pure stupidity

IF they weren´t there AC and DP might have sponsors who do give a damn and actually realize that it is bad for the sport and bad PR for their company to screw the fans over!

They pay the bill but that gives them no right to screw us over. They are already the reason why podium interviews are a waste of time and space, they already cover the banners and bikes too. It´s about time they have a sit down with the Italian federation and cooperate. Maybe both parties need to give an take a bit to satisfy the fans.

Sponsors don´t rule the sport, we just allow them to. And Red bull/ Monster don´t seem to give two shits about the racing, which means we shouldn´t give two shits about their products. AC and DP could EASILY get better sponsors who actually cared about the sport and how they portray themselves to the fans of the sport. Which by the way are their customers too.
flarider
8/22/2010 12:37pm
Sunhouse wrote:
IF they weren´t there AC and DP might have sponsors who do give a damn and actually realize that it is bad for the sport and...
IF they weren´t there AC and DP might have sponsors who do give a damn and actually realize that it is bad for the sport and bad PR for their company to screw the fans over!

They pay the bill but that gives them no right to screw us over. They are already the reason why podium interviews are a waste of time and space, they already cover the banners and bikes too. It´s about time they have a sit down with the Italian federation and cooperate. Maybe both parties need to give an take a bit to satisfy the fans.

Sponsors don´t rule the sport, we just allow them to. And Red bull/ Monster don´t seem to give two shits about the racing, which means we shouldn´t give two shits about their products. AC and DP could EASILY get better sponsors who actually cared about the sport and how they portray themselves to the fans of the sport. Which by the way are their customers too.
That's funny

and you know why it's funny?
Because you have no clue how stupid it is

Yeah, racing is supposed to just exist....funded on water and oxygen
No need for sponsors or sponsors are just supposed to pay for racing solely out of the goodness of their hearts, not for any return on that investment....just fork over the money, and walk away.

Never mind getting a ROI.
Never mind getting exposure.

Just give up the money and STFU

Yeah, that'll work

FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 12:37pm
Sunhouse wrote:
IF they weren´t there AC and DP might have sponsors who do give a damn and actually realize that it is bad for the sport and...

Good luck with that....
Without sponsors the sport will just go backwards and would be nothing....
Red Bull,Monster,Rock Star,Yamaha,Honda,Suzuki,KTM,Kawasaki,PC,etc all rule the sport
and even the event's & riders.
The FMI doesnt!
Get a clue man.....

Sunhouse
8/22/2010 12:45pm
Man, you guys accept getting it up the bum, don´t you? You are sitting there just accepting whatever crap they pull on your sport. "They have the money, they can decide whatever". Really? That´s weak - just plain weak. Go ahead, buy their canned sugarspew and think it´s OK to get screwed over by sponsors who want a few inches more of jersey space!
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2010 12:53pm
Sunhouse wrote:
Man, you guys accept getting it up the bum, don´t you? You are sitting there just accepting whatever crap they pull on your sport. "They have...
Man, you guys accept getting it up the bum, don´t you? You are sitting there just accepting whatever crap they pull on your sport. "They have the money, they can decide whatever". Really? That´s weak - just plain weak. Go ahead, buy their canned sugarspew and think it´s OK to get screwed over by sponsors who want a few inches more of jersey space!
Yep and without them you have no MXoN race.....
No Supercross,No AMA Nationals,No GP's and many other events they sponsor.
Then you would have no sport.
Think about it.....
It is a business.

In-fact even this message board you are posting is supported by sponsors.....look at the adds. Smile
flarider
8/22/2010 12:49pm
Well, since the event is the RED BULL Motocross of Nations, I'll assume you're going to boycott it anyway

Unless you're a hypocrite

You're not a hypocrite, are you?

jaeckle
8/22/2010 12:53pm
In the end everyone loses. Italy loses the chance to win the event. The riders lose the chance to make the history books. The sponsors lose the opportunity for advertising. The fans lose the chance to see the top GP guys race the event.

Sounds like good business sense to me. Smile
Grendel
8/22/2010 12:56pm
So the thing preventing this sport from going "big time" is the sponsors?

Come now.
hoppsan
8/22/2010 1:01pm
Riders really need to work this event into their contracts better. If that was done properly, this matter with the jersey on this one event would seem like a small price to pay (at least then, when the contracts are created and signed) to have one of the worlds best riders sporting your products and logos on every other occasion.

I think I can sort of understand all three sides of this mess, but it's a bloody shame they weren't able to resolve it.
eddie
8/22/2010 1:02pm
FastEddy wrote:
Yep and without them you have no MXoN race..... No Supercross,No AMA Nationals,No GP's and many other events they sponsor. Then you would have no sport...
Think about it.....
It is a business.

In-fact even this message board you are posting is supported by sponsors.....look at the adds. Smile
which comes first .... the fans or the sponsors ?
FastEddy
Fantasy
890th
8/22/2010 1:22pm
FastEddy wrote:
Yep and without them you have no MXoN race..... No Supercross,No AMA Nationals,No GP's and many other events they sponsor. Then you would have no sport...
Think about it.....
It is a business.

eddie wrote:
which comes first .... the fans or the sponsors ?
That all depends, on how you look at it. Wink
Without brands/sponsors like Yamaha ,Suzuki, Honda,Kawasaki etc.... you have no dirt bikes, so you wouldn't even have a sport in general to participate in,let alone be a fan of.
It is theirs and if they want to bring in mainstream sponsors like Energy Drink sponsors, then so be it. Wink

eddie
8/22/2010 1:25pm
FastEddy wrote:
That all depends, on how you look at it. ;) Without brands/sponsors like Yamaha ,Suzuki, Honda,Kawasaki etc.... you have no dirt bikes, so you wouldn't even...
That all depends, on how you look at it. Wink
Without brands/sponsors like Yamaha ,Suzuki, Honda,Kawasaki etc.... you have no dirt bikes, so you wouldn't even have a sport in general to participate in,let alone be a fan of.
It is theirs and if they want to bring in mainstream sponsors like Energy Drink sponsors, then so be it. Wink

thats bullshit and you know it .

the sport on the pro level doesnt exist without the fans . every pro sport in the world knows that .... except motocross apparently .
lestat
8/22/2010 1:49pm
Grendel wrote:
So the thing preventing this sport from going "big time" is the sponsors?

Come now.
no .

petty political/ego battles between sponsors , promoters , sanctioning bodies and race teams , that do nothing but alieanate fans ... are what prevent the sport from gaining mainstream success .
`ol Ger
8/22/2010 1:52pm

Pirates !!
Doryphores !!
Jellyfish !!
Crab-apples !!
Toffee Noses !!
Goosecaps !!

That'll fix `em
g

Post a reply to: MXDN´s is ruined for me - damn Italy

The Latest