MXDN decoster, his own worst enemy...

reynardfan1
Fantasy
3669th
Edited Date/Time 8/11/2017 10:17pm
The question that I have is this...

Did decoster do this to himself with regards to most riders/sponsors generally not giving too many shits about going to MXDN?

How you might ask?

I love dungey, but decoster favored his riders and aldons riders over the years...he even shunned a few guys...which even though was wise racing could have been seen as shitty PR

I love RD, and Ktm, and don't care either way who manages the team but there has to be a reason monster athletes never(rarely) go...and we always end up wth a Ktm rider on the team...

Yeah yeah bash away but it's just a thought...
|
oldblood
8/9/2017 12:20pm
You're making me feel old. I seem to remember many other riders, teams, trainers over the years.
RbR
8/9/2017 12:33pm
5 of the last 6 riders were on Yamaha ...
8/9/2017 1:07pm
Roger's MXdN picks are a bit political at times but overall I think he sends who he truly feels will do the best for team USA and is willing to go.

The Man's got it done how ever many years before, I don't think any of us can question his decisions.

The Shop

8/9/2017 2:41pm
Roger's MXdN picks are a bit political at times but overall I think he sends who he truly feels will do the best for team USA...
Roger's MXdN picks are a bit political at times but overall I think he sends who he truly feels will do the best for team USA and is willing to go.

The Man's got it done how ever many years before, I don't think any of us can question his decisions.
Only as good as your last season. Time to get the old man to step down. Lets send Mitch, or even Jbone.
agn5009
8/9/2017 2:58pm
RbR wrote:
This fact will be ignored by most here who have an agenda.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/9/2017 3:01pm
I think he generally picked the best available team based on the willingness of riders to go, and their teams supporting the effort.
wreckitrandy
8/9/2017 3:47pm
Roger's MXdN picks are a bit political at times but overall I think he sends who he truly feels will do the best for team USA...

Only as good as your last season. Time to get the old man to step down. Lets send Mitch, or even Jbone.
It's time for noobs to start minding their place.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
8/9/2017 3:48pm
GuyB wrote:
I think he generally picked the best available team based on the willingness of riders to go, and their teams supporting the effort.
I agree with this.

Although, I do have to say I am pretty impressed with vital today. No one has gone after the fact that he's from Belgium and no one has tried saying that he is trying to send guys that aren't good enough so that Belgium has a better chance of winning. We are getting better around here! Good job guys Smile
APLMAN99
8/9/2017 4:00pm
RbR wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Only 4 of the last 18 riders were from his team, and that's if you count Anderson last year.........
Phantom 661
8/9/2017 5:10pm
RbR wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
APLMAN99 wrote:
Only 4 of the last 18 riders were from his team, and that's if you count Anderson last year.........
Stop it! You guys are ruining the momentum of this thread. Laughing

Decoster has done a pretty good job of picking riders and representing the USA in my opinion.
I really don't know enough about the reasons for his choosing riders to comment any further.

TXDirt
8/9/2017 5:14pm
He can only choose between riders who want to go. And lately our best riders don't have an interest in going. That's on the riders. Not on Decoster.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2447th
8/9/2017 8:22pm
The question that I have is this... Did decoster do this to himself with regards to most riders/sponsors generally not giving too many shits about going...

Did decoster do this to himself with regards to most riders/sponsors generally not giving too many shits about going to MXDN?

How you might ask?

I love dungey, but decoster favored his riders and aldons riders over the years...he even shunned a few guys...which even though was wise racing could have been seen as shitty PR

I love RD, and Ktm, and don't care either way who manages the team but there has to be a reason monster athletes never(rarely) go...and we always end up wth a Ktm rider on the team...

well it just so happened that the guys he would pick up tended to the top riders. its nothing to do with roger. Dungey has been the top guy since 2009. RV2 went a lot early on in his career, and in the latter stages he was dealing with some injuries when it came around.
whammy
8/9/2017 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 8/9/2017 8:57pm
He should have selected Alessi instead of opting for a 250f rider that would have lost to him on a 450.

Clear politics and it was ugly to see. I was kinda glad we got smoked that year.

Decoster needs to go...
8/10/2017 12:14am
If it's not the sponsors fault it's the riders teams fault, if it's not the teams fault it decosters fault, if it's not decosters fault it's the series promotors fault, if it's not the promotors fa......at what point do you just consider that the riders themself might value a domestic championship more than a MXdN trophy?
DeStouwer
8/10/2017 12:59am
whammy wrote:
He should have selected Alessi instead of opting for a 250f rider that would have lost to him on a 450. Clear politics and it was...
He should have selected Alessi instead of opting for a 250f rider that would have lost to him on a 450.

Clear politics and it was ugly to see. I was kinda glad we got smoked that year.

Decoster needs to go...
Alessi raced 2 GP's in 2015. He went 22-17-13-23. 'Nuff said.
Rockinar
8/10/2017 2:37am
Should send some C riders from Lorettas. I bet we could watch miracles happen.
Crush
8/10/2017 3:14am
What choices made inspired this post?
Bramlett321
8/10/2017 4:44am
The question that I have is this... Did decoster do this to himself with regards to most riders/sponsors generally not giving too many shits about going...

How you might ask?

Man you may have a little bit of a point but in years past there was almost always a PC rider. However, in recent history we haven't see that just due to their place in the standings at des Nations time.
ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
8/10/2017 11:53am
Who has he shunned other than Stewart? Hey, maybe James could make MXON his first race of the year.
Flatliner
8/10/2017 12:01pm

How you might ask?

Has dungey ever not finished 1st or 2nd on the 450 outdoors? My guess is that's why he was chosen the years he went.

It's not easy to fly half way around the world and win against guys who've ridden the track before. Same as if the gp guys came here for a one off and raced something like red bud or Millville.
Yep
8/10/2017 12:22pm

How you might ask?

Flatliner wrote:
Has dungey ever not finished 1st or 2nd on the 450 outdoors? My guess is that's why he was chosen the years he went. It's not...
Has dungey ever not finished 1st or 2nd on the 450 outdoors? My guess is that's why he was chosen the years he went.

It's not easy to fly half way around the world and win against guys who've ridden the track before. Same as if the gp guys came here for a one off and raced something like red bud or Millville.
Strijbos, DeDyker, Simpson, Desalle have all raced" one off" Nationals in the states while on vacation break on pretty much stock bikes with minimal practice and have finished in very respectable positions against the AMA regulars
whammy
8/11/2017 9:35pm
whammy wrote:
He should have selected Alessi instead of opting for a 250f rider that would have lost to him on a 450. Clear politics and it was...

Decoster needs to go...
DeStouwer wrote:
Alessi raced 2 GP's in 2015. He went 22-17-13-23. 'Nuff said.
Decoster skipped over Alessi in 2012(when he was fast). Stewart and Alessi both won motos straight up against RD in 2012.

Decoster has politicized the USA team to no end and needs to go...

speed_racer
Fantasy
2007th
8/11/2017 9:44pm
Decoster is not the issue.

We need to send young rookies of the event like we did way back in 1981?
Hungry rookies of the MXDN.

AC, AP, Forkner!
Crush
8/11/2017 9:49pm
ACBraap wrote:
Who has he shunned other than Stewart? Hey, maybe James could make MXON his first race of the year.
When did he shun Stewart?
TeamGreen
8/11/2017 9:55pm
I clicked on this thread...

And my IQ dropped 20 points.
jeffro503
8/11/2017 10:17pm
ACBraap wrote:
Crush wrote:
When did he shun Stewart?
He never shunned James.......he didn't pick James to go , because James hadn't raced a national all that year , raced Unadilla , thinking Roger would just pick him , but didn't because James got his ass whooped. Faded like a cheap suit , being out of shape , and then James got upset because Roger didn't pick him.

This thread is coming from an extreme James fan , whom still seems butt hurt. When nobody in their right mind would of picked James that year. This " He favors his riders " is complete bullshit and not true.
jeffro503
8/11/2017 10:18pm
GuyB wrote:
Exactly what Steve just said.

Post a reply to: MXDN decoster, his own worst enemy...

The Latest