MXDN countdown

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/17/2018 12:17am
jemcee wrote:
2011 'Ya meant to go right mate' [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/06/285697/s1200_30.jpg[/img] 2012 Leok is going for 18 straight this year! Madness [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/06/285698/s1200_30.jpg[/img]
2011 'Ya meant to go right mate'

Leok is going for 18 straight this year! Madness

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I looked it up a while back and Tanel Leok first went to the MXdN at age 15. He has to be the youngest guy to...
I looked it up a while back and Tanel Leok first went to the MXdN at age 15. He has to be the youngest guy to have ever lined up?

He also has to be the guy that lined up the most.

Anyone know who the oldest guy to have raced the MXdN?
ML512 wrote:
I believe Roczen and Herlings went at 15 too, I know Roczen was around 15 years old and 6 months when it happened though, Herlings was...
I believe Roczen and Herlings went at 15 too, I know Roczen was around 15 years old and 6 months when it happened though, Herlings was even younger as he couldn’t debut till later that season due to his age. So Herlings might be the youngest ever to go.
Does anyone know if there's an actual minimum age requirement in order to race the MXdN?

For example Colton Facciotti turned pro at 14 years of age. Obviously he wasn't chosen back then since we had better riders but say for example he had been a top rider back then, would a 14 year old be allowed to race the MXdN?

Or is everything based on the age that you can turn pro in your country? I'm guessing this is the case but really don't know.
devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3887th
9/17/2018 12:20am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Does anyone know if there's an actual minimum age requirement in order to race the MXdN? For example Colton Facciotti turned pro at 14 years of...
Does anyone know if there's an actual minimum age requirement in order to race the MXdN?

For example Colton Facciotti turned pro at 14 years of age. Obviously he wasn't chosen back then since we had better riders but say for example he had been a top rider back then, would a 14 year old be allowed to race the MXdN?

Or is everything based on the age that you can turn pro in your country? I'm guessing this is the case but really don't know.
You can turn pro in Europe at 14, right? or is it 15? Either way, since it's an FIM event I'd imagine they can allow riders of that age to race.
jemcee
9/17/2018 12:27am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Does anyone know if there's an actual minimum age requirement in order to race the MXdN? For example Colton Facciotti turned pro at 14 years of...

Yeah dunno what the go is with that cause I was wondering if Aus could've chosen Jett Lawrence this year (hypothetically) but there was a few people in here that seemed to know the rules that said we couldn't..
JB479
9/17/2018 12:33am Edited Date/Time 9/17/2018 12:34am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Yeah dunno what the go is with that cause I was wondering if Aus could've chosen Jett Lawrence this year (hypothetically) but there was a few...
Yeah dunno what the go is with that cause I was wondering if Aus could've chosen Jett Lawrence this year (hypothetically) but there was a few people in here that seemed to know the rules that said we couldn't..
Pretty sure its 15. the same with racing mx2. After yesterdays performance he's probably our second fastest 250f rider behind his brother. We could have put hunter on a 450, and thrown jett on a JGR bike and he wouldn't dissapoint.

The Shop

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
9/17/2018 12:35am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

jemcee wrote:
Yeah dunno what the go is with that cause I was wondering if Aus could've chosen Jett Lawrence this year (hypothetically) but there was a few...
I'm not that familiar with him. I know he races the EMX250 class but is that considered pro, "A" or "B" seeing as the MX2 class is pro.

He couldn't be chosen based on age or skill level?
jemcee
9/17/2018 12:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not that familiar with him. I know he races the EMX250 class but is that considered pro, "A" or "B" seeing as the MX2 class...
I'm not that familiar with him. I know he races the EMX250 class but is that considered pro, "A" or "B" seeing as the MX2 class is pro.

Yeah he's really good he went 1-1 at Assen this weekend I reckon he'll end up faster than Hunter.. I'm not exactly sure you'd consider it to be cause there's definitely some very fast guys in it and dudes that I think could fit in in the GP's pretty easily..
Probably both haha, but I was only really thinking about it when it seemed we couldn't send a decent team and as JB said above put him on 250 and Hunter on a 450 we'd have 2/3's of a great team! Be very good for us if they're both healthy next year
jemcee
9/18/2018 12:37am
let's get this back on track haha

Motofinne
9/18/2018 1:23am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

jemcee wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I'm not that familiar with him. I know he races the EMX250 class but is that considered pro, "A" or "B" seeing as the MX2 class...

A rider that is capable of winning EMX250 races is capable of getting top 10s in MX2. The level in EMX250 is very high and there are basically 20-30 guys that can be in the top 10 on a good day. One bad start and you're screwed.

Jett Lawrence is the real deal. I can't understand why he is going to race US nationals next year when he could possibly get top 5 in MX2 next year if he would stay healthy. Well i guess moving to USA one year early to adapt before racing nationals and SX makes sense in a way...
9/18/2018 10:13am Edited Date/Time 9/18/2018 10:28am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I looked it up a while back and Tanel Leok first went to the MXdN at age 15. He has to be the youngest guy to...
I looked it up a while back and Tanel Leok first went to the MXdN at age 15. He has to be the youngest guy to have ever lined up?

He also has to be the guy that lined up the most.

Anyone know who the oldest guy to have raced the MXdN?
ML512 wrote:
I believe Roczen and Herlings went at 15 too, I know Roczen was around 15 years old and 6 months when it happened though, Herlings was...
I believe Roczen and Herlings went at 15 too, I know Roczen was around 15 years old and 6 months when it happened though, Herlings was even younger as he couldn’t debut till later that season due to his age. So Herlings might be the youngest ever to go.
-MAVERICK- wrote:

The minimum age limit for MXoN is the same as the MXGP world championship i.e.16 for MXGP and 15 for MX2. The maximum age of 23 for MX2 doesn't apply to MXoN.

I've posted the FIM MXoN rules here https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/FIM-MXoN-Regulations,134…
jemcee
9/18/2018 5:16pm
2009 Coulda been a good year for us with a team of Byrner, Reed and Metty but got boned by bad luck as usual with Byrner crashing out and getting injured in the first lap of his first race

crusher773
9/18/2018 5:51pm
My son and I are big time on the countdown. We just got Moto 10 tickets too that is on Tuesday of the same week. I'm not going to be worth crap at work that week!
9/20/2018 1:51am
ML512 wrote:
Minimum age at the MXdN is 15, same as in the GP's.
In 2009 Jeffrey Herlings was 15 years and 18 days young, so I'm pretty sure he was the youngest ever.

Post a reply to: MXDN countdown

The Latest