MXDN Parking (OUCH)

Edited Date/Time 10/4/2018 12:53pm
Daily On-site parking has been added for the Motocross of Nations. Map will be posted soon.
Parking fee is collected daily. US currency only, please. We can’t take credit cards in the parking lots.
Thursday | no charge
Friday | $10
Saturday | $30
Sunday | $30

There is no overnight parking or RV parking in daily parking lots. We can direct you to the Berrien County Youth Fairgrounds, where you can purchase off-site parking for the weekend, including overnight, and use the shuttle services to and from the track at no charge.

OFF-SITE PARKING
|
DeStouwer
10/2/2018 12:50am
Daily On-site parking has been added for the Motocross of Nations. Map will be posted soon. Parking fee is collected daily. US currency only, please. We...
Daily On-site parking has been added for the Motocross of Nations. Map will be posted soon.
Parking fee is collected daily. US currency only, please. We can’t take credit cards in the parking lots.
Thursday | no charge
Friday | $10
Saturday | $30
Sunday | $30

There is no overnight parking or RV parking in daily parking lots. We can direct you to the Berrien County Youth Fairgrounds, where you can purchase off-site parking for the weekend, including overnight, and use the shuttle services to and from the track at no charge.

OFF-SITE PARKING
30 dollars?? Are they making you buy the parkinglot?
St Ann More
10/2/2018 12:56am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 1:04am
I might be wrong, but I don't remember any recent MXdN's (except Latvia) where you had to pay to park?
gharmon
10/2/2018 12:57am
Daily On-site parking has been added for the Motocross of Nations. Map will be posted soon. Parking fee is collected daily. US currency only, please. We...
Thursday | no charge
Friday | $10
Saturday | $30
Sunday | $30

OFF-SITE PARKING
DeStouwer wrote:
30 dollars?? Are they making you buy the parkinglot?
sure as hell seems like it. How much is parking at those fairgrounds and how far away is it? Like most places I would imagine most neighbors will open up their yards for parking. I will walk a long damn way to save $70.00
$280 ticket (for 2)
$100 seat (for 2)
$ 70 parking
$ 70 paddock (2)
$520 total just at the track... WOW...BYOL(bring your own lube)

I'm complaining but I cannot wait to go. I might be ready to puke after I get home and see my grand total but it may just be a once in a lifetime event for me..
Aryen
10/2/2018 1:20am
I might be wrong, but I don't remember any recent MXdN's (except Latvia) where you had to pay to park?
Lommel and Valkenswaard are free of charge

The Shop

cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
10/2/2018 2:36am
They started charging for parking at the Unadilla National this year. I get that it's an expensive event to host, but damn, you'd think that a $130 ticket would have the parking charge figured in
cdm806
Fantasy
1404th
10/2/2018 2:47am
Overnight/Weekend Parking (53 remaining)

Need a place to park your car for the weekend? This is it!
* One pass needed per car. You can leave and return with your pass. This is not daily parking. This shuttle is for people leaving your car for the weekend. You will be charged the daily fee of $35 by the fair grounds if you use this as daily parking.
**Comes with free shuttles Friday, Saturday and Sunday to and from the track. Times will be listed on your confirmation.

It's $35 for the weekend, but it says you'll be charged $35 daily if you use it as daily parking. This is beyond stupid. If I didnt already have tickets and a hotel, I'd probably just stay home.
Myrz
10/2/2018 3:01am
cdm806 wrote:
Overnight/Weekend Parking (53 remaining) Need a place to park your car for the weekend? This is it! * One pass needed per car. You can leave...
Overnight/Weekend Parking (53 remaining)

Need a place to park your car for the weekend? This is it!
* One pass needed per car. You can leave and return with your pass. This is not daily parking. This shuttle is for people leaving your car for the weekend. You will be charged the daily fee of $35 by the fair grounds if you use this as daily parking.
**Comes with free shuttles Friday, Saturday and Sunday to and from the track. Times will be listed on your confirmation.

It's $35 for the weekend, but it says you'll be charged $35 daily if you use it as daily parking. This is beyond stupid. If I didnt already have tickets and a hotel, I'd probably just stay home.
Yep. The parking prices are ridiculous! So far for me and my son Gen admin. 280 for two, 60 parking for 2 days, 70 paddock (pit pass), and 2 grandstand seats 100 for two days. Total $510 for both of us. I can live with the other cost, but 30 for one day of parking is ridiculous!
DeStouwer
10/2/2018 4:18am
Myrz wrote:
Yep. The parking prices are ridiculous! So far for me and my son Gen admin. 280 for two, 60 parking for 2 days, 70 paddock (pit...
Yep. The parking prices are ridiculous! So far for me and my son Gen admin. 280 for two, 60 parking for 2 days, 70 paddock (pit pass), and 2 grandstand seats 100 for two days. Total $510 for both of us. I can live with the other cost, but 30 for one day of parking is ridiculous!
What the hell? So it's 140$ entrance for the weekend and an additional 50$ to be able to sit? What's wrong with sitting on the ground between races or bringing you own chairs if you want to keep your pants clean? Glad I opted to stay at home when I read this.

And (personal opinion) but 70$ for paddock is way too expensive. I guess every Vitard has seen a teamtruck at least once in his/her life. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Pilots are mostly unreachable anyway and it's way too crowded when they are (for about 15 mins that is). These prices are just beyond ridiculous.
10/2/2018 5:03am
Its the USA, any way to make extra $ they will....

Unfortunate, but that's the way it is.
Myrz
10/2/2018 5:11am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 5:29am
Myrz wrote:
Yep. The parking prices are ridiculous! So far for me and my son Gen admin. 280 for two, 60 parking for 2 days, 70 paddock (pit...
DeStouwer wrote:
What the hell? So it's 140$ entrance for the weekend and an additional 50$ to be able to sit? What's wrong with sitting on the ground...
What the hell? So it's 140$ entrance for the weekend and an additional 50$ to be able to sit? What's wrong with sitting on the ground between races or bringing you own chairs if you want to keep your pants clean? Glad I opted to stay at home when I read this.

And (personal opinion) but 70$ for paddock is way too expensive. I guess every Vitard has seen a teamtruck at least once in his/her life. If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Pilots are mostly unreachable anyway and it's way too crowded when they are (for about 15 mins that is). These prices are just beyond ridiculous.
There won't be much ground to sit on with this many people. I opted for the stands so we have a assigned/guaranteed spot with a good view of the races.

Paddock is 35 each for the whole weekend. that ain't bad!

I could stay home too, but this is a father son weekend that he will never forget!
slipdog
10/2/2018 5:15am
Weird... It's all free at my house with CBS Sports.
10/2/2018 5:16am
The Richie’s can have all my money, my first born child, my social security number; whatever they want. MXDN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alex814
10/2/2018 5:39am
slipdog wrote:
How to get CBS sports for free pls?
greenmx5
10/2/2018 5:53am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 5:55am
slipdog wrote:
Alex814 wrote:
Hulu, Playstation Vue, Youtube TV.. Take your pick and sign up for a free trial.
JD167
10/2/2018 6:14am
$30 for a parking spot? lol I could see $5 or $10 but $30 is getting kinda ridiculous. Just think about how much money parking alone will bring in.
deluxeman
10/2/2018 6:24am
It's called capitalism fellers. If you want to come and see a once in a lifetime event you better be prepared to pay. This is not the Nationals, this is the Olympics of motocross. Red Bud has a ton of expenses holding this event and there will be a ton of people to pay when it's all over. Hell you have to pay to park at damn near every other sporting event/concert, why should this one be any different? Because it's dirt bikes and not Beyonce'?
MR. X
10/2/2018 6:28am
Pay all that coin and maybe get close enough to see the actual race ? Nope.
ehr400
10/2/2018 6:40am
Probably to offset the money Youthstream keeps.
PRM31
10/2/2018 6:42am
After you've paid a healthy amount for a ticket, there comes a point where you feel taken advantage of with all the other fees. Pits, viewing areas, parking, food, drinks... All added fees or crazy prices. Then there is the hassles of parking, lines, travel, etc. The value starts to look pretty thin.
Part of me would love to be there for this event, but another part thinks skipping all the hassles and watching great coverage on TV is a good call. Especially if it turns into a mudder.
Myrz
10/2/2018 6:43am
slipdog wrote:
Alex814 wrote:
If you have comcast cbs sports is in the lineup
10/2/2018 6:46am
$30 a day and only cash, no credit cards accepted. I'm pretty sure the tax authoyties don't know anything about this
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
10/2/2018 6:50am
$30 a day and only cash, no credit cards accepted. I'm pretty sure the tax authoyties don't know anything about this
Be sure your sins will find you out.

Just ask Jon Beasley
TeamFlannel
10/2/2018 6:55am
Gouge much?
Gonna be rough on the hard working moto fan to afford those $12 track beers after he gets fleeced for parking his vehicle... I've never been to a race before where you couldn't bring your own beer into even if they were selling beer.
Myrz
10/2/2018 7:04am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 7:04am
Gouge much? Gonna be rough on the hard working moto fan to afford those $12 track beers after he gets fleeced for parking his vehicle... I've...
Gouge much?
Gonna be rough on the hard working moto fan to afford those $12 track beers after he gets fleeced for parking his vehicle... I've never been to a race before where you couldn't bring your own beer into even if they were selling beer.
During the Red Bud nationals they do allow byob. But, thats not the case for this race. Also, at the nationals the lions club would sell beer in the in field for 1.50 which isn't bad for a sporting event. With no byob for this race they probably will gouge! With that many people they'll get plenty enough people to buy over priced beer. You see it sell in the stadiums! Crazy.
Whitey
10/2/2018 7:05am
slipdog wrote:
And you wont have 2 metre tall advertising boards blocking your view of all the racing. Hopefully the locals go rogue because of them and join forces to tear them down so the luongo mafia learn you dont need them so big.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/2/2018 7:07am
slipdog wrote:
Alex814 wrote:
Myrz wrote:
If you have comcast cbs sports is in the lineup
Pretty loose definition of "free"
OldYZRider1
10/2/2018 7:08am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 7:10am
If I remember correctly, the lots around the Saint Louis dome sting you pretty hard for parking during the SX events.

And if there's rain (which seems likely) those lots may require a lot of work to fix back up and re-seed.
Payup_199
10/2/2018 7:22am
I believe they had to purchase or rent all the land around the track that they did not own to make more camping and parking. I'm sure this was not cheap.
10/2/2018 7:25am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 7:50am
cdm806 wrote:
They started charging for parking at the Unadilla National this year. I get that it's an expensive event to host, but damn, you'd think that a...
They started charging for parking at the Unadilla National this year. I get that it's an expensive event to host, but damn, you'd think that a $130 ticket would have the parking charge figured in
They have limited parking facilities, and charging to park encourages people to find other options, such as the shuttle from remote lots, or carpooling. This should smooth the flow of traffic in and out of the facility throughout the weekend. If parking were free, the lines getting into and out of the lots would be long, which also makes it a challenge for emergency services to pass if they are needed.

As far as pricing goes, they set the price based on how many people they think will pay that much. If they have parking for 5k, they set the price high enough that only 5k vehicles will want to park at that rate. Much of that money will go to pay for the "free" shuttle service, which isn't free to the venue.

Rolling it into the cost of the ticket means fewer ticket sales, and more people wanting to use the "free" on-site parking. Neither of which is good for the weekend.
motomike137
10/2/2018 7:48am
I'm turning a blind eye for this event. That's why I splurged for those top row grandstand seats. I'm sure Youthstream's cut is BIG. On a lighter note the latest weather forecast looks great!

Post a reply to: MXDN Parking (OUCH)

The Latest