MXDN Jorge Prado and Aaron Plessinger

10/2/2018 10:24am
Sideways wrote:
And there is a reason for that... age limit in mx2. Prado is 17 and osbourne is like what, 29?? Alot of the guys in ama...
And there is a reason for that... age limit in mx2. Prado is 17 and osbourne is like what, 29?? Alot of the guys in ama could not ride mx2 GP even if they wanted to. They are to old.
Osborne raced MX2 in 2008 with Cairoli Rattray,van Horebeek,Paulin and many more ...thats how old he is Smile
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
10/2/2018 11:18am
Sideways wrote:
And there is a reason for that... age limit in mx2. Prado is 17 and osbourne is like what, 29?? Alot of the guys in ama...
And there is a reason for that... age limit in mx2. Prado is 17 and osbourne is like what, 29?? Alot of the guys in ama could not ride mx2 GP even if they wanted to. They are to old.
Osborne raced MX2 in 2008 with Cairoli Rattray,van Horebeek,Paulin and many more ...thats how old he is Smile
Pretty sure Zach raced the open class in 2008.
10/2/2018 11:23am Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 11:31am
Sideways wrote:
Park Boys wrote:
Pretty sure Zach raced the open class in 2008.
im talking MX2 worldchampionships 2008 , not MXON Wink

if you look at the list of names he raced in MX2 is impressive ..
jeffro503
10/2/2018 11:23am
Whoever beats who....it should be a great race. I'm a big fan of both those guy's. So freakin' happy that both of them went on to win their series championship too. I think it would be foolish to bet against either guy at this race. Good start , bad start , messing around with MX1 and MX3 guys.....going to be interesting.

The Shop

FlaNard
10/2/2018 11:43am
The Des Nations can always surprise. Riders having the ride of their life, good starts, bad starts, unfamiliar opposition. Interesting things happen. I will say this though, I am MUCH, MUCH more confident that AP waxes the 250 class than I am that Tomac hangs with Herlings. Aaron seems to have the absolute best attitude for an event like this and seems to be just loving every minute of it. He deals with pressure really well and he strikes me as a guy who could do something special this year. I think how you deal with the pressure of the event is everything. Barcia got smoked regularly by Eli this season but I would not be surprised at all if he puts better finishes in than Tomac this weekend. Barcia always steps up at the Des Nations. Just like I expect AP to. I think Eli getting dogshit starts could lead him to overriding and mistakes. I hope I'm wrong but that's my biggest fear for the team. Hopefully Jesus Tomac shows up and just stomps everyone.
KYFHO699
10/2/2018 12:06pm
FlaNard wrote:
The Des Nations can always surprise. Riders having the ride of their life, good starts, bad starts, unfamiliar opposition. Interesting things happen. I will say this...
The Des Nations can always surprise. Riders having the ride of their life, good starts, bad starts, unfamiliar opposition. Interesting things happen. I will say this though, I am MUCH, MUCH more confident that AP waxes the 250 class than I am that Tomac hangs with Herlings. Aaron seems to have the absolute best attitude for an event like this and seems to be just loving every minute of it. He deals with pressure really well and he strikes me as a guy who could do something special this year. I think how you deal with the pressure of the event is everything. Barcia got smoked regularly by Eli this season but I would not be surprised at all if he puts better finishes in than Tomac this weekend. Barcia always steps up at the Des Nations. Just like I expect AP to. I think Eli getting dogshit starts could lead him to overriding and mistakes. I hope I'm wrong but that's my biggest fear for the team. Hopefully Jesus Tomac shows up and just stomps everyone.
Pretty sure they use metal grates for the starts at this race. With that said, Tomac is a very good starter on the grates. Should be interesting to say the least. Unfortunately I think the mud is going to be the great equalizer this weekend if the forecasts are correct.
10/2/2018 2:02pm
Everyone said the same thing about Tomac against the GP field in 2016, he wont win unless he gets a start....

Watch Glenn Helen--He was 15 seconds back and won by 20+, when he was on he gained 5 seconds in one lap on Cairoli.

As long as he's in the top ten and Herlings isn't in 1st he can catch him. (8th and 3rd something like this)

The thing is, he will have to go all out like he does in spurts against Marv, Kenny etc, but he will have to ride like that the whole moto to catch 84.

PLEASE JUST BE DRY SO WE CAN HAVE GOOD RACING.
Press516
Fantasy
111th
10/2/2018 6:32pm
I think both Plessinger and Ferrandis beat Prado... MX2 is off pace of AMA 250 class in my opinion. I'm a big Covington fan, but he's going to struggle to top 5 in the US. He's a race winner in MX2.
Nuffsaid
10/2/2018 8:12pm
Remember the mx2 class motos are full of those big ol 450 fellas, the rider you have to pass for points isn’t always the feller in front of ya, lotta 450’s could get in your way and a lot of those guys are fast I’ve heard rumor
DeStouwer
10/2/2018 11:38pm Edited Date/Time 10/2/2018 11:40pm
Nuffsaid wrote:
Remember the mx2 class motos are full of those big ol 450 fellas, the rider you have to pass for points isn’t always the feller in...
Remember the mx2 class motos are full of those big ol 450 fellas, the rider you have to pass for points isn’t always the feller in front of ya, lotta 450’s could get in your way and a lot of those guys are fast I’ve heard rumor
Pass for points isn't the guy ahead of you? Are you familiar with this race? Every place and pass counts, 450 or 250. You get points from 1 to 40 regarding your position, it's not 1-20 for 450 and 1-20 for 250.

I baffles me how much people always focus on the overall win in the respective classes. That's just a side-category, nothing else. You can win your class but finish 8th or something with your country. All three riders' results are important, that's why it's called a team-effort race.
RG1
10/3/2018 3:20am
Press516 wrote:
I think both Plessinger and Ferrandis beat Prado... MX2 is off pace of AMA 250 class in my opinion. I'm a big Covington fan, but he's...
I think both Plessinger and Ferrandis beat Prado... MX2 is off pace of AMA 250 class in my opinion. I'm a big Covington fan, but he's going to struggle to top 5 in the US. He's a race winner in MX2.
To be fair Covington only has 5 overall wins in MX2 in 5 years, although he is one of the front runners, it's not like he's a regular winner in the class. I would expect that Plessinger would be better than Prado at Red Bud, but Prado will get great starts, he always does, so he will make it difficult. He's still only 17, he's only a kid, so it'll be interesting to see how he stacks up for sure
RonJon
10/3/2018 4:48am
RonJon wrote:
I think all the cheese eating, european, surrender monkeys will have a hard time breathing the sweet air of freedom and struggle to compete with our...
I think all the cheese eating, european, surrender monkeys will have a hard time breathing the sweet air of freedom and struggle to compete with our guys.
tempura wrote:
Oh shit, such ignorance...don’t go there, and misrepresent the host nation.
Apparently you didn't catch on that i was laying it on pretty thick
Robgvx
10/3/2018 4:57am
RG1 wrote:
To be fair Covington only has 5 overall wins in MX2 in 5 years, although he is one of the front runners, it's not like he's...
To be fair Covington only has 5 overall wins in MX2 in 5 years, although he is one of the front runners, it's not like he's a regular winner in the class. I would expect that Plessinger would be better than Prado at Red Bud, but Prado will get great starts, he always does, so he will make it difficult. He's still only 17, he's only a kid, so it'll be interesting to see how he stacks up for sure
Not inconceivable that he could holeshot against 450s. Any 250 guys further back will have 450s to get past in both motos.
Sideways
10/3/2018 5:14am
FlaNard wrote:
The Des Nations can always surprise. Riders having the ride of their life, good starts, bad starts, unfamiliar opposition. Interesting things happen. I will say this...
Barcia is certainly going to win the mxopen category. The field in open is pretty weak this year. His biggest rivals are like jeremy seewer, van hoorebek and Anstie. Barcia should be faster than those guys, Anstie and horebeek has not had a good season speedwise.
slipdog
10/3/2018 5:54am
RonJon wrote:
I think all the cheese eating, european, surrender monkeys will have a hard time breathing the sweet air of freedom and struggle to compete with our...
I think all the cheese eating, european, surrender monkeys will have a hard time breathing the sweet air of freedom and struggle to compete with our guys.
tempura wrote:
Oh shit, such ignorance...don’t go there, and misrepresent the host nation.
RonJon wrote:
Apparently you didn't catch on that i was laying it on pretty thick
You tell'em, Willie!
Press516
Fantasy
111th
10/3/2018 6:09am
Press516 wrote:
I think both Plessinger and Ferrandis beat Prado... MX2 is off pace of AMA 250 class in my opinion. I'm a big Covington fan, but he's...
RG1 wrote:
To be fair Covington only has 5 overall wins in MX2 in 5 years, although he is one of the front runners, it's not like he's...
Do you remember Plessinger waving to the camera in the first turn during one of his holeshots? I think AP is a more reliable starter than Tomac. I do not expect him to be down by 15 or 20 on the starts.
Nuffsaid
10/3/2018 7:04am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 7:11am
Nuffsaid wrote:
Remember the mx2 class motos are full of those big ol 450 fellas, the rider you have to pass for points isn’t always the feller in...
DeStouwer wrote:
Pass for points isn't the guy ahead of you? Are you familiar with this race? Every place and pass counts, 450 or 250. You get points...
Pass for points isn't the guy ahead of you? Are you familiar with this race? Every place and pass counts, 450 or 250. You get points from 1 to 40 regarding your position, it's not 1-20 for 450 and 1-20 for 250.

I baffles me how much people always focus on the overall win in the respective classes. That's just a side-category, nothing else. You can win your class but finish 8th or something with your country. All three riders' results are important, that's why it's called a team-effort race.
It’s a Prado/Plessinger question hence the MX2 class overall I was referring to
karsmakers
10/3/2018 7:08am
So much will depend on which team rider is given the first gate position.
cookies
10/3/2018 7:22am
FlaNard wrote:
Sideways wrote:
Barcia is certainly going to win the mxopen category. The field in open is pretty weak this year. His biggest rivals are like jeremy seewer, van...
Barcia is certainly going to win the mxopen category. The field in open is pretty weak this year. His biggest rivals are like jeremy seewer, van hoorebek and Anstie. Barcia should be faster than those guys, Anstie and horebeek has not had a good season speedwise.
I think you miss Coldenhoff, he finished above all the aforementioned guys & also won GP's.
DeStouwer
10/3/2018 7:26am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 7:35am
FlaNard wrote:
Sideways wrote:
Barcia is certainly going to win the mxopen category. The field in open is pretty weak this year. His biggest rivals are like jeremy seewer, van...
cookies wrote:
I think you miss Coldenhoff, he finished above all the aforementioned guys & also won GP's.
2 in his entire career... Last one in 2015... You make it sound like he battled Herlings and Cairoli week after week.
cookies
10/3/2018 8:00am
Sideways wrote:
cookies wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
2 in his entire career... Last one in 2015... You make it sound like he battled Herlings and Cairoli week after week.
No, that's what you make out of it. I'm just stating facts; this year Coldenhoff has been the better rider when looking at Seewer, van Hoorebeek, Anstie & himself. He should be in the discussion for one of the top MX Open guys.

While Barcia might do well on home soil, I doubt he'd do much better than Coldenhoff in a full MXGP season. So yeah, thats my point. Or do you think he'd battle Herlings and Cairoli on MXGP turf?
RG1
10/3/2018 8:01am Edited Date/Time 10/3/2018 8:01am
Press516 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Press516 wrote:
Do you remember Plessinger waving to the camera in the first turn during one of his holeshots? I think AP is a more reliable starter than...
Do you remember Plessinger waving to the camera in the first turn during one of his holeshots? I think AP is a more reliable starter than Tomac. I do not expect him to be down by 15 or 20 on the starts.
I think he could be down by quite a few places in the Sunday motos to Prado. Yes Plessinger's starts have been better this year and he has a few holeshot, but Prado had 26 holeshots this season. It's like almost a guarantee he gets it. To be fair though, it really doesn't matter as far as Plessinger is concerned, because Spain aren't contenders, so he doesn't have to worry about Prado
jeffro503
10/3/2018 9:52am
cookies wrote:
DeStouwer wrote:
cookies wrote:
No, that's what you make out of it. I'm just stating facts; this year Coldenhoff has been the better rider when looking at Seewer, van Hoorebeek...
No, that's what you make out of it. I'm just stating facts; this year Coldenhoff has been the better rider when looking at Seewer, van Hoorebeek, Anstie & himself. He should be in the discussion for one of the top MX Open guys.

While Barcia might do well on home soil, I doubt he'd do much better than Coldenhoff in a full MXGP season. So yeah, thats my point. Or do you think he'd battle Herlings and Cairoli on MXGP turf?
I gotta agree with this. GC259 , with a good start could cause some damage. He had a few great moto's this season as well , and when he start's up front can put down a good pace. I don't know if he can win a moto , but he's capable of a top 3 - 5 in his class I would think. Especially at this kind of race.
RG1
10/3/2018 10:08am
DeStouwer wrote:
cookies wrote:
No, that's what you make out of it. I'm just stating facts; this year Coldenhoff has been the better rider when looking at Seewer, van Hoorebeek...

jeffro503 wrote:
I gotta agree with this. GC259 , with a good start could cause some damage. He had a few great moto's this season as well...
I gotta agree with this. GC259 , with a good start could cause some damage. He had a few great moto's this season as well , and when he start's up front can put down a good pace. I don't know if he can win a moto , but he's capable of a top 3 - 5 in his class I would think. Especially at this kind of race.
It surprises me that Coldenhoff is being considered The Netherlands weak link. For me it's Vlaanderen. Even if he isn't that weak, he still has some inconsistency that gives me doubts about his performance at this race. He has the quality to be towards the front of the MX2 class, but he could also be 5-10. His main problem is his starts have been awful recently. Would not surprise me to see Coldenhoff closer to Barcia than Vlaanderen is to Plessinger
Barrzy256
10/3/2018 10:28am
Js217 wrote:
Plessinger,on any track would can and will crush jorge
AP wouldn’t get within 30s of Prado on a proper sand track
Sideways
10/3/2018 10:30am
FlaNard wrote:
Sideways wrote:
cookies wrote:
Yes coldenhoff is offcourse in there aswell. O think he can do really good, but my point was that Barcia is imo the fastest guy in the open class.
Barrzy256
10/3/2018 10:33am
Press516 wrote:
What’s are you smoking and do you know where I can get some? Covington healthy, will come in the outdoors ready to win motos
Helda
10/3/2018 2:08pm
Js217 wrote:
Plessinger,on any track would can and will crush jorge
Put the pipe down bro....
Helda
10/3/2018 2:10pm
Prado, lawerance, daylight.....Plessenger
Press516
Fantasy
111th
10/3/2018 5:07pm
Press516 wrote:
Barrzy256 wrote:
What’s are you smoking and do you know where I can get some? Covington healthy, will come in the outdoors ready to win motos
Don't bet your house on that...

Post a reply to: MXDN Jorge Prado and Aaron Plessinger

The Latest