MXDN Jorge Prado and Aaron Plessinger

Related:
Create New Tag

10/1/2018 1:34 PM

Everyone seems to focus on Herlings, Tomac and Roczen.. wich for sure gona be and amazing battle i hope smile

But there is another clash of "Giants" in the 250 class.
Jorge Prado and Aaron Plessinger also has potential for an interesting battle. If spain can qualify...

Who is the best of these 2 champions ?

|

10/1/2018 1:39 PM

At Red Bud? I 100% expect AP to be the best of the MX2 class.

At a GP circuit in Spain??? Who knows

Prado looks to have a lot of talent... but I think AP being a much physically larger rider gives him an advantage over Prado for now

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

10/1/2018 1:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 1:45 PM

Prado is 17 and his goal achieved. He has plenty of time to face Plessinger and the rest.
But the boy is special. HIs technique is amazing. So who knows.

|

10/1/2018 1:49 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

At Red Bud? I 100% expect AP to be the best of the MX2 class.

At a GP circuit in Spain??? Who knows

Prado looks to have a lot of talent... but I think AP being a much physically larger rider gives him an advantage over Prado for now

Motivation cannot be the same.
Prado lives in Lommel, Belgium, with his family, since he was a kid. He is a sand master. RedBud looks sand. Prado can feel very comfortable there.

|

10/1/2018 2:26 PM

I think Prado is going to show AP something. The thing is with AP is that is not always on his top game. With Prado, same as Herlings, there is only wide open. Also, Prado is going to have a good start probably

|

10/1/2018 2:27 PM

Rutgerpol wrote:

I think Prado is going to show AP something. The thing is with AP is that is not always on his top game. With Prado, same as Herlings, there is only wide open. Also, Prado is going to have a good start probably

Looks like it might be a mud race, so anything can happen.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

10/1/2018 2:33 PM

Speaking of 250s. Did France move Ferrandis to Open class or is he still with the 250s?

|

10/1/2018 2:35 PM

Prntscrn wrote:

Speaking of 250s. Did France move Ferrandis to Open class or is he still with the 250s?

250.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/1/2018 2:36 PM

Prntscrn wrote:

Speaking of 250s. Did France move Ferrandis to Open class or is he still with the 250s?

Still with the 250 , Tixier is in Open class

|

10/1/2018 2:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 2:39 PM

Prntscrn wrote:

Speaking of 250s. Did France move Ferrandis to Open class or is he still with the 250s?

-MAVERICK- wrote:

250.

Nice, he'll be in the mix for the 250 overall aswell. You know what he's probably my pick. He's gonna need to have a hell of a day for France to do good.

|

10/1/2018 2:45 PM

Prado will most likely be in the top 5 after the first corner, even against the 450's... if AP could come out of the 1st corner mid-pack then i think that would be a killer start for him.

hope i'm wrong and AP can nail the starts

|

10/1/2018 2:49 PM

MX2 will be cool.
Don't count out Lawrence and Ferrandis either.

At a normal 250 national I would bet on AP and Ferrandis to beat Prado.
At the MXdN, not sure. Prados starts will help him A LOT. AP will probably have to pass 10 of the best 450 riders in the world in order to even get in the position to fight with Prado.

|

10/1/2018 2:52 PM

If it’s muddy AP could win not only the class but the MX2/OPEN class. How’s Prados mud skills?

|

10/1/2018 3:41 PM

To be fair AP is not the best mx2 guy in the us. Sure, he won the title but that was with both j-mart and zacho hurting themselves and one would have to be pretty damn naive to Think that AP would have won the title without them 2 injuring themselves.

On the prado/ap matter - on a us track a good American rider will have a huge advantage and im not to sure how the kid will fare after this long of a season on a track he havnt ridden that also is a type of track way different from european tracks and that together with the fact that AP really really wants to prove himself now and the fact that he has hometurf advantage and raced that track not long ago and probably Will have a superior bike setup to start with will make it hard for prado.
If the race was on any other track outside of the us i dont think plessinger would stand a chance against jorge tho. I mean ppl talking about ferrandis beating prado and i have a hard time seeing ferrandis being anyway near prado on a track both know well, ferrandis is good, Thomas covington good, but prado is herlings/tc when they raced mx2 good and Will Only get better.

|

10/1/2018 3:41 PM

Wouldn’t count out Lawrence, seems to find an extra gear at mxdn. I’d like to see Plessinger beat prado though

|

10/1/2018 3:43 PM

Mx_Pain wrote:

Everyone seems to focus on Herlings, Tomac and Roczen.. wich for sure gona be and amazing battle i hope smile

But there is another clash of "Giants" in the 250 class.
Jorge Prado and Aaron Plessinger also has potential for an interesting battle. If spain can qualify...

Who is the best of these 2 champions ?

Plessinger,on any track would can and will crush jorge

|

10/1/2018 3:46 PM

Rs444 wrote:

To be fair AP is not the best mx2 guy in the us. Sure, he won the title but that was with both j-mart and zacho hurting themselves and one would have to be pretty damn naive to Think that AP would have won the title without them 2 injuring themselves.

On the prado/ap matter - on a us track a good American rider will have a huge advantage and im not to sure how the kid will fare after this long of a season on a track he havnt ridden that also is a type of track way different from european tracks and that together with the fact that AP really really wants to prove himself now and the fact that he has hometurf advantage and raced that track not long ago and probably Will have a superior bike setup to start with will make it hard for prado.
If the race was on any other track outside of the us i dont think plessinger would stand a chance against jorge tho. I mean ppl talking about ferrandis beating prado and i have a hard time seeing ferrandis being anyway near prado on a track both know well, ferrandis is good, Thomas covington good, but prado is herlings/tc when they raced mx2 good and Will Only get better.

You should probably throw in 1 or 2 more excuses in that second paragraph!

|

10/1/2018 3:46 PM

cameron96 wrote:

If it’s muddy AP could win not only the class but the MX2/OPEN class. How’s Prados mud skills?

You can count on mxgp riders being extremely good in mud, hell they race lots of races in mud on narrow tight completly destroyed tracks each year and most mxgp rider do live in countries with so many rainy days per year that it would make michigan look like iraq haha. If it is a mudder a US win isnt as certain at all to be fair.

|

10/1/2018 4:52 PM

I’m thinking plessinger might be in for a surprise

|

10/1/2018 4:58 PM

Hmmm...imagine that...all the non-Americans think Prado is the best ever and going to smoke Plessigner...and all the Americans think Plessinger will handle Prado.

Surprise...surprise....

|

10/1/2018 5:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 5:13 PM

Idk the real challenge would have been Osborne vs Prado, Osborne is the best 250 rider in the world right now. There is a pretty big drop off from Herlings on the 450 to their 250 riders as Rj Hampshire was smoking them last year at the usgp a level playing field and hes like a 6th place guy here.

|

10/1/2018 5:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 5:16 PM

drt410 wrote:

Idk the real challenge would have been Osborne vs Prado, Osborne is the best 250 rider in the world right now. There is a pretty big drop off from Herlings on the 450 to their 250 riders as Rj Hampshire was smoking them last year at the usgp a level playing field and hes like a 6th place guy here.

Well i’m french and i do think Plessinger will handle prado ! Just like Villopoto handle Cairoli in 2007 when everybody where sayin Cairoli is gonna smoke everyone. But anyway i wanna see a great battle between these guys

|

10/1/2018 5:08 PM

Anyone that faces Prado right now has their work cut out for them.

|

10/1/2018 5:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2018 5:27 PM

Yea who knows Prado was even battling Herlings a couple times 2 years ago. It just seems like their 250 class is nowhere near as deep as ours due to the differing rule books that make it that way... aka how Osbourne would not have been able to keep racing in the 250s like he did over here.

Its weird how fast minds change because of Osbourne getting hurt, when he just won 2 sx championships and 1mx championship and was leading this years mx points before he got hurt. Plessinger had also just won his sx championship coming into the outdoors where Zacho immediately went on to capture the red plate and hold it until his injury, so he wasnt playing when it came to repeating and all signs pointed towards him doing just that before the injury happened.

|

10/1/2018 5:24 PM

Starts are huge at the MXdN... how much does Prado weigh?

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


10/1/2018 5:32 PM

I think AP will win the qualifing race but againt 450’s prado will probably beat him due to starting top 5 against 450s. Plessinger will have to come from behind. Dont forget Ferrandis or even lawrence with full Geico support. He had prado covered last weekend in speed.

|

10/1/2018 10:05 PM

Crush wrote:

Starts are huge at the MXdN... how much does Prado weigh?

That's the point and more in a 250. Prado is very lean. If everything goes normal, he should be in the top 5 at start. Maybe then he gets motivated and gives it a shot. Plessinger is too big for a good start in a 250. If it is the other way around, I don't think Prado will take risks.

|

10/1/2018 10:08 PM

#TeamLawrence

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

10/1/2018 10:17 PM

Prado has gotten (at least) 26 holeshots this year!
26!!
Twenty six!!
XXVI!!

|

why am I reading this? ..... Oh christ, now I'm posting...... shiiiiiiiit!!

10/1/2018 10:27 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Hmmm...imagine that...all the non-Americans think Prado is the best ever and going to smoke Plessigner...and all the Americans think Plessinger will handle Prado.

Surprise...surprise....

I was born in America and I have Prado by holeshot.

|