MXA website strikes again

Motoxdoc
8/1/2018 4:24pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks these guys aren’t nearly as dumb as we think they are? They make a huge, inexcusable error that everyone...
Am I the only one that thinks these guys aren’t nearly as dumb as we think they are?

They make a huge, inexcusable error that everyone freaks out over. Then everyone races to vital/twitter (matthes) and we all click on it just to see how “stupid” these guys are....

Considering this thread with a link has a 100 or so views, MXAs click count has gone up more than it would have had they posted it correctly

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
Nope! I don't think they are dumb at all. I just think they don't give a fuck about typos....and after all, if the reader knows it's a typo, does it really matter?
smoothies862
Fantasy
676th
8/1/2018 4:28pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks these guys aren’t nearly as dumb as we think they are? They make a huge, inexcusable error that everyone...
Am I the only one that thinks these guys aren’t nearly as dumb as we think they are?

They make a huge, inexcusable error that everyone freaks out over. Then everyone races to vital/twitter (matthes) and we all click on it just to see how “stupid” these guys are....

Considering this thread with a link has a 100 or so views, MXAs click count has gone up more than it would have had they posted it correctly

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
like the guy that used to always take a nickel instead of a quarter....everyone was amazed no matter how many times they asked,he took the nickel. over and over and overWhistling
zehn
8/1/2018 4:55pm
GuyB wrote:
If you can’t spot typo…
Bells first law of Usenet....
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
8/1/2018 5:03pm
Motoxdoc wrote:
Nope! I don't think they are dumb at all. I just think they don't give a fuck about typos....and after all, if the reader [i]knows[/i] it's...
Nope! I don't think they are dumb at all. I just think they don't give a fuck about typos....and after all, if the reader knows it's a typo, does it really matter?
Whether the reader knows it's a typo or not is irrelevant. It doesn't look professional. It's not like it happens occasionally with them. It happens in pretty much every article they put out. I receive marketing emails from them and notice spelling errors in those as well. It's not like there's a tremendous amount of text in those emails either.

Take pride in your work and look professional.

The Shop

barnett468
8/1/2018 5:13pm
ummm..just what exactly am I missing. The magazine referred to a yz125 as a yz125.
newmann
8/1/2018 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 8/1/2018 7:16pm
barnett468 wrote:
ummm..just what exactly am I missing. The magazine referred to a yz125 as a yz125.
Editing a screwup is not allowed on the intronet. Anytime you ever see anyone edit anything here on Vital, they need to be pointed out as a retard of epic proportions. Let me get the ball rolling...back in a few. Edited for epic tardness...
barnett468
8/1/2018 5:19pm
Cancerman wrote:
They have already fixed it, now it's a Yamaha!
Someone will be fixing the counter shaft if they don't loosen up that chain.
"Someone will be fixing the counter shaft if they don't loosen up that chain."

The chain tension is not a problem. The problem is that the chain is on the wrong side of the bottom roller.
dirtnapper
8/1/2018 5:24pm
Eye thenk a magizeen lik EmExEh shud hyre a pruf reeder so peepol dunt thenk tehy ar un-prufeshonal
mx43
8/1/2018 6:42pm
moscrop940 wrote:

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
I think you are giving them way to much credit. Those boys are dumber then a box full of rocks. It is just playing to there benifit.
mx43
8/1/2018 6:46pm
They need spellcheck
twnorton
8/1/2018 7:03pm
Reporting is no longer about accuracy, it's about who can get the story out first for the clicks
newmann
8/1/2018 7:19pm
moscrop940 wrote:

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
mx43 wrote:
I think you are giving them way to much credit. Those boys are dumber then a box full of rocks. It is just playing to there...
I think you are giving them way to much credit. Those boys are dumber then a box full of rocks. It is just playing to there benifit.

Well played...LaughingLaughing
Flip109
8/1/2018 7:41pm
Hadn’t been to mxa in a while. Good stuff!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/1/2018 8:08pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Eye thenk a magizeen lik EmExEh shud hyre a pruf reeder so peepol dunt thenk tehy ar un-prufeshonal
C'mon...everyone knows it's perfeshnull.
ns503
8/2/2018 5:05am
Cancerman wrote:
They have already fixed it, now it's a Yamaha!
Someone will be fixing the counter shaft if they don't loosen up that chain.
barnett468 wrote:
"Someone will be fixing the counter shaft if they don't loosen up that chain." The chain tension is not a problem. The problem is that the...
"Someone will be fixing the counter shaft if they don't loosen up that chain."

The chain tension is not a problem. The problem is that the chain is on the wrong side of the bottom roller.
Umm, what?
OW38B
Fantasy
181st
8/2/2018 9:16am
GuyB wrote:
If you can’t spot typo…
Ted722 wrote:
Nice. I missed the typo too and thought your were referencing Vital/MXA. "People flee to Vital to escape MXA" Blush
Timo_2824 wrote:
On a side note, I can't stand going to CNN's website because of the stupid videos that play above the articles when you're trying to read...
On a side note, I can't stand going to CNN's website because of the stupid videos that play above the articles when you're trying to read them. They should default to paused, and if you want to watch instead of read then you can hit play. I just want to read, not really big on videos.
CNN has a website? Are you the only one who goes there? Shocked
Bramlett321
8/2/2018 10:18am
plowboy wrote:
What's your point....worse tragedies going on in the world? True.
GuyB wrote:
If you can’t spot typo…
plowboy wrote:
Pinch if it had been a snake.....lol.
What a bunch of fleebags !!!
plowboy
8/2/2018 11:12am
What a bunch of fleebags !!!
I see what you did there. I was thinking of all the blind people that use a reader. They think folks ran into the sea to escape a "Grease" fires. Probably should have said, "Greek".
Zr0man
8/2/2018 1:04pm
Win again for MXA. Daddy Rabbits of mx journalism.
PRM31
8/2/2018 1:13pm
Anyone who has been around awhile probably appreciates MXA. For years, perhaps even decades, they were about the only good outlet. They could use help with their website, but I'm still a fan.
mx43
8/4/2018 11:57am
moscrop940 wrote:

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
like the guy that used to always take a nickel instead of a quarter....everyone was amazed no matter how many times they asked,he took the nickel...
like the guy that used to always take a nickel instead of a quarter....everyone was amazed no matter how many times they asked,he took the nickel. over and over and overWhistling
What ever happend to professional in journalism. For me it makes me question the validity of the story. Just my opinion though.
Ted722
8/4/2018 2:51pm
moscrop940 wrote:

#tinfoilhatconsipracy
like the guy that used to always take a nickel instead of a quarter....everyone was amazed no matter how many times they asked,he took the nickel...
mx43 wrote:
What ever happend to professional in journalism. For me it makes me question the validity of the story. Just my opinion though.
Half of MX43's posts are about MXA. Someone's obsessed!
plowboy
8/4/2018 3:30pm
Surely all you old timers remember your dirt bike magazine history. Dirt Bike was the first BEST mag for dirt heads. They put out, "How to Ride, Buyers Guides, Crash and Burn" specials. They taught is how to hop up an enduro bike into a racer. They covered EVERY sport involving a bike and dirt. If you liked dirt and bikes...they loved us and we loved them. Then came the snobby spawn...MXA. Those of us that didn't ride enduros, harescrambles, trials, flat track said, "Hooray". But it came at a cost. If you were racing a hopped up DT or converted enduro, if you didn't have the latest and greatest of gear and aftermarket parts you were not worthy. Elitist from day one. I still ate up every word because I wanted to be cool as defined by MXA. At about the same time that I realised that I wasn't gonna be world champ I figured out that the newest goggles, boots, jerseys, bike was a waste of money. I still like Jody and MXA but they ain't my bible for sure.
8/4/2018 9:10pm
MXA over a 40 year period Has given some of the most beneficial information and content pertaining to the sport of motocross specifically mechanical Details of specific mx bikes that benefit the reader. There is not another publication that over this period of time has given us better content and useful information . You people are psychotic that find the need to hate on a publication that more often than not has benefited our sport. Maybe you are DC lovers, I don’t know. Fools!!
mx43
8/5/2018 7:41am
mx43 wrote:
Ted722 wrote:
Half of MX43's posts are about MXA. Someone's obsessed!
Oh Ted thanks for keeping score?
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
8/5/2018 7:56am
Was reading an MXA while I was on the shitter when my dad passed away... He'd laugh. I still have the issue.
You had to be there.Laughing
JM485
8/5/2018 8:12am
MXA over a 40 year period Has given some of the most beneficial information and content pertaining to the sport of motocross specifically mechanical Details of...
MXA over a 40 year period Has given some of the most beneficial information and content pertaining to the sport of motocross specifically mechanical Details of specific mx bikes that benefit the reader. There is not another publication that over this period of time has given us better content and useful information . You people are psychotic that find the need to hate on a publication that more often than not has benefited our sport. Maybe you are DC lovers, I don’t know. Fools!!
They do give some great info, can't argue that, but I've also seen some blatantly false info in the magazine and on the site. Be careful what you follow blindly, might end up costing you some money.

Post a reply to: MXA website strikes again

The Latest