MXA starting to get dementia.

JerseyFresh
Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 12:04pm
http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-first-week-with-the-2015-1… Paragraph after paragraph of irrellevant and regurgitated info. They have always been like this to an extent, but lately it's getting scary. Jody is goin way over the hill.
|
Grizz
2/7/2015 1:10pm
This cover is uglier than most tabloids at the grocery store...

JerseyFresh
2/7/2015 1:18pm
Yeah well with over 1000 posts in 4 months, i suppose you would know.....nice avatar nerd.
steve_97060
2/7/2015 1:23pm
http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-first-week-with-the-2015-12-ktm-factory-editions Paragraph after paragraph of irrellevant and regurgitated info. They have always been like this to an extent, but lately it's getting scary. Jody is goin...
http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-first-week-with-the-2015-1… Paragraph after paragraph of irrellevant and regurgitated info. They have always been like this to an extent, but lately it's getting scary. Jody is goin way over the hill.
maybe you could explain exactly what your problem with the article is?
JerseyFresh
2/7/2015 1:31pm
Talking about the FE program for the hundreth time, the usually MXA, "in the backround joe blow is talking to MXA's bob blow about racing their factory blah blah blah" - totally irrelevant, and saying NOTHING about how the bike was. Nothing. Why call an article MXA's first week with..... and say nothing about the bike. Pointless.

The Shop

hellion
2/7/2015 1:32pm
It's cool to bash MXA. Cool, because nobody can read any more. If you can read, then it's nice to know that at least one magazine takes its testing so seriously. And then the actual report will provide you with information you can use to decide which bike fits you or make your bike better.
bigborefan
2/7/2015 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2015 1:34pm
I'm as big an MXA basher as anyone, but that article was pretty good IMO.

The Racer-X web site is getting pretty good at beating a story to death.

http://www.trailbikemag.com/

Now this is a magazine. Not moto, but it's a great example of what a mag should be.
newmann
2/7/2015 1:34pm
Versus Transworlds regurgitated bikini pics?
JerseyFresh
2/7/2015 1:35pm
I mean, I'm sure if you race the 50+ class at Glen Helen then MXA is super informative.
JerseyFresh
2/7/2015 1:37pm
newmann wrote:
The last TW I picked up was pretty weak as well. It kinda sucks that print is dying, the thing was as thick as a supermarket ad.
bigborefan
2/7/2015 1:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/7/2015 1:38pm
Talking about the FE program for the hundreth time, the usually MXA, "in the backround joe blow is talking to MXA's bob blow about racing their...
Talking about the FE program for the hundreth time, the usually MXA, "in the backround joe blow is talking to MXA's bob blow about racing their factory blah blah blah" - totally irrelevant, and saying NOTHING about how the bike was. Nothing. Why call an article MXA's first week with..... and say nothing about the bike. Pointless.
They're just rubbing it in your face, they're cool and you're not. They rub elbows with all the factory elites.

At Glen Helen no less.

I have been to GH twice, that makes me semi-cool I assume?
bigborefan
2/7/2015 1:38pm
newmann wrote:
The last TW I picked up was pretty weak as well. It kinda sucks that print is dying, the thing was as thick as a supermarket...
The last TW I picked up was pretty weak as well. It kinda sucks that print is dying, the thing was as thick as a supermarket ad.
TW is the worse. MXA blows that rag away.
bigborefan
2/7/2015 1:39pm
I mean, I'm sure if you race the 50+ class at Glen Helen then MXA is super informative.
REM, get the facts straight.
2/7/2015 1:52pm
If you guys had seen mxa in the mid 80's then youd know why us old timers still have respect for jody. Of course theres going to be a generation gap since mxa is full of old timers, but you couldnt pay me to read any of the other mx mags. They all suck balls compared to mxa.
h&m_cycle
2/7/2015 1:56pm
What better? I go back to the Baz's box days
Hallzilla
2/7/2015 2:02pm
You should make the trip out to REM sometime. Shit you could even line up against the 50 elite class, and then we could all get a laugh as you get lapped by Dubach, Simons and the gang.
kiwifan
2/7/2015 2:04pm
Sometimes I think MXA is crap sometimes i think its good, their personal opinion is subjective...all mags imho work hard to give us insightful stories or reviews, instead of beating them all up why dont we celebrate they do a job that none of us could probably do
Rowlands
2/7/2015 2:10pm
I thought it was part of the American culture to say 1000 words when 1 would be enough ?
Sorry couldn't resist
JB 19
2/7/2015 2:22pm
That was a frustrating article to read. An article about a bike that isn't about the bike. And then at the end they say stay tuned for the testing.....Which will amount to a couple paragraphs of is it faster than last year's bike? Is it lighter than last year's bike? Blah blah.......

They should take some notes from VitalMx on testing bikes.
mx317
2/7/2015 2:34pm
Talking about the FE program for the hundreth time, the usually MXA, "in the backround joe blow is talking to MXA's bob blow about racing their...
Like your post is pointless.
steve_97060
2/7/2015 2:40pm
If you guys had seen mxa in the mid 80's then youd know why us old timers still have respect for jody. Of course theres going...
If you guys had seen mxa in the mid 80's then youd know why us old timers still have respect for jody. Of course theres going to be a generation gap since mxa is full of old timers, but you couldnt pay me to read any of the other mx mags. They all suck balls compared to mxa.
nailed it...
Uncle Tony
2/7/2015 2:43pm
I don't read mags much anymore, I thought it was ok
Whip
Fantasy
3248th
2/7/2015 2:55pm
http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/mxas-first-week-with-the-2015-12-ktm-factory-editions Paragraph after paragraph of irrellevant and regurgitated info. They have always been like this to an extent, but lately it's getting scary. Jody is goin...
I personally think MXA do a great job and always have. It really irritates me when a magazine/website can confidently state something about a bike after 1 hour of riding on a smooth track in SoCal - I'm looking at you Racer X. Equally as irritating is when they say "all of these bikes are good, pick a colour."

MXA takes their time testing bikes because it takes times to find out what a bike is like, especially in regard to reliability.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE WHAT MXA WRITES/POSTS - STOP READING IT.
kiwifan
2/7/2015 2:57pm
JB 19 wrote:
That was a frustrating article to read. An article about a bike that isn't about the bike. And then at the end they say stay tuned...
That was a frustrating article to read. An article about a bike that isn't about the bike. And then at the end they say stay tuned for the testing.....Which will amount to a couple paragraphs of is it faster than last year's bike? Is it lighter than last year's bike? Blah blah.......

They should take some notes from VitalMx on testing bikes.
I do agree with your last comment, Vital does great reviews, no doubt
bobojim
2/7/2015 3:29pm
MXA wants you to buy the mag. Hence the article is really just the intro. Or the teaser. Maybe the OP missed this point.
MXA writes stuff that is credible, informative, in-depth. They also know how to write a good story / narrative. This last bit won't suit everyone's style. Even if I didn't like their style I would still read them for the quality of the info.
Paul333
2/7/2015 3:55pm
I just read the article and thought it was outstanding. Two friends texted me about it before I was able to read it. Seems true MX fans are liking it.

Maybe they should dumb down their articles for the Vitards...

FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
2/7/2015 4:07pm
I already saw the full test so I'll spare you the suspense. The forks suck, the brakes rock, the engine is deceivingly fast, it was jetted spot on for our sea-level Mediterranean climate, and, of course, add 1 tooth to the rear.
2/7/2015 4:10pm
I think the problem is that MXA isnt "bro" enough for some mx fans. For those of us who think flat bill hats and dirt shark is fucking retarded, mxa is fine.
ChrisB10
2/7/2015 4:19pm
newmann wrote:
Yea Transworld is the worst by far.
wreckitrandy
2/7/2015 5:01pm
My view of MXA has changed through the years. For many years, starting in the early '70s, I believed everything they said. Later on I began to think they were bought off. Now however, I'm back to believing most of what they print. I think their tests are the most thorough by a large margin. I get the impression that many of the tests conducted by other magazines and media are done on a single day. That's not a test in my mind.

Post a reply to: MXA starting to get dementia.

The Latest