MXA says Hepler signs with Gas-Gas?! (enduro)

Edited Date/Time 2/24/2016 5:11pm
I didn't see that one coming!. He still has head issues from concussions:

http://motocrossactionmag.com/home-page/interview-of-the-week-broc-hepl…

|
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/24/2016 3:03pm
Confusing at best. He is speaking out about concussions but is going racing again?

He cant read before he races because it causes issues. I wish him nothing but the best and he knows his body but this seems like a contradiction
2/24/2016 3:09pm
He said something about being all by yourself in enduro, and not in a pack of bikes. But yeah, gravity still works no matter what kind of racing you are doing.
S.Loyer
2/24/2016 3:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2016 3:45pm
kzizok wrote:
Confusing at best. He is speaking out about concussions but is going racing again? He cant read before he races because it causes issues. I wish...
Confusing at best. He is speaking out about concussions but is going racing again?

He cant read before he races because it causes issues. I wish him nothing but the best and he knows his body but this seems like a contradiction
Speaking out against concussions and saying something needs to be done, doesn't mean he needs to quit riding or racing.

Your brain has different parts that do different things. Reading can trigger Aphasia or similar issue. It could simply just tire that part of the brain out because its being used and it having issues, but his motor controls and problem solving can be just fine..
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
2/24/2016 3:47pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2016 3:51pm
Yeah, I agree with you, about his concussion stance and education about it. It seemed for so long that he would never return to any form of racing.

I guess I am just really surprised that he is coming back to any form of racing. Justs seems he has had long term complications. Some if them are still present so why chance further damage?

The Shop

Nom DeGuerre
2/24/2016 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2016 4:02pm
He has raced off road here and there for a while now, pretty goo too. I am sure he would not do it if he was not satisfied with the risk versus reward scenario.
2/24/2016 5:11pm
If he thinks there is less chance of a concussion racing off road, he needs to have a discussion with Jack Penton.

Post a reply to: MXA says Hepler signs with Gas-Gas?! (enduro)

The Latest