MXA reusing printed articles in magazines

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2018 12:53 PM

Thought this was a funny find via Reddit. u/luger114

"MXA, you’ve been caught! The top is from January 08, the bottom is the most recent September 18 issue"

Photo


|

8/30/2018 1:15 PM

Yeah so....................bfd

|

Ed Johnson

8/30/2018 1:18 PM

Stop...................just stop

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

8/30/2018 1:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 1:22 PM

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

|

8/30/2018 1:23 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

laughing
|

8/30/2018 1:24 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

I just spit wendys chocolate frosty onto my computer screen.

|

8/30/2018 1:29 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

laughing
|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700

8/30/2018 1:31 PM

I have always wondered if Jody wrote at least some of those, but I know they also print real letters, because they used to print the ones I would send them on hand-written paper.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/30/2018 2:06 PM

They've been cut and pasting like this for years

|

8/30/2018 2:11 PM

MXA is the best motocross magazine ever published. Lot’s of good info there. You have to take your head out of your ass to find it.

|

8/30/2018 2:11 PM

In 2018 what kind of dumbass would write into a magazine to get jetting tips in a magazine 3 months later?

|

8/30/2018 2:15 PM

early wrote:

In 2018 what kind of dumbass would write into a magazine to get jetting tips in a magazine 3 months later?

The kind of guy who still actually buys magazines? smile

|

8/30/2018 2:20 PM

early wrote:

In 2018 what kind of dumbass would write into a magazine to get jetting tips in a magazine 3 months later?

kkawboy14 wrote:

The kind of guy who still actually buys magazines? smile

This took 2 seconds to find, is more thorough, and comes from the same source 8 years ago laughing
https://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-the-mxperts-2007-honda-cr250-bog

|

8/30/2018 2:22 PM

early wrote:

In 2018 what kind of dumbass would write into a magazine to get jetting tips in a magazine 3 months later?

kkawboy14 wrote:

The kind of guy who still actually buys magazines? smile

early wrote:

This took 2 seconds to find, is more thorough, and comes from the same source 8 years ago laughing
https://motocrossactionmag.com/ask-the-mxperts-2007-honda-cr250-bog

Exactly! smile

|

8/30/2018 2:31 PM

I feel bad for anyone who uses MXA as an actual source for moto news. Probably still think JS7 and JLaw are racing.

|

8/30/2018 2:38 PM

JLaw is still racing, albeit under an alias.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno


Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com


8/30/2018 2:42 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

Brilliant!

I’m glad some people have a sense of humour around here.

|

8/30/2018 2:45 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

Did you see the pictures of JS7 on the casting couch that were posted earlier?

|

8/30/2018 6:43 PM

peelout wrote:

i was on PH this morning and noticed they posted an old vid as new. still made it happen, but i'm not happy about it.

This is definitely in the top 5 of things ive seen u post!

|

8/30/2018 7:00 PM

Honda Man 66 wrote:

MXA is the best motocross magazine ever published. Lot’s of good info there. You have to take your head out of your ass to find it.

I guess you could say that if it’s the only magazine you’ve ever read. Other than that, you made a completely false statement.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

8/30/2018 7:12 PM

Motocross action has taught me enormously about the technical side of the sport since I have started reading it in the lat e 70's.........If it were not there for me to read over and over and over again each month until the new issue came out, I would not know how to perfectly set up a dirt bike for myself now like I do. Same with Super Hunky.

I have yet to ride a bike that they have tested and not felt the exact same way about it that they did...... I'm not as crazy about the sport as a younger me was, but I still subscribe to it and have been since the late 70's.

That magazine was the BIBLE to me in the 80's and 90's.

|

8/30/2018 7:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/30/2018 7:18 PM

MXA has a writing style that is so annoying. They use the same phrases: "in a word, no". One dudes opinion really influences this sport. Its pretty incredible when you think about it from the business standpoint. They make or break companies with their/his reviews. I know a guy who runs an mx parts company, selling hard parts and he says he won't send anything to mxa to test because if they give him a bad review it might kill his business. But i should also say I actually subscribe to it, because there is actually some good technical aspects they write about that the other mags dont even touch.

|

8/30/2018 7:32 PM

MXA is for tech minded enthusiasts

RacerX is for soap opera enthusiasts

I used to read Transworld for the “articles“

They each hold their own in the niche they've created, but MXA is king.

|

8/30/2018 7:43 PM

I've got an idea! Why don't all you hyper critical jag offs do a go fund me and then buy MXA and then shut it down?

I'm amazed at how much time and effort you all put in to hate on them. Should just be easier to ignore them all it seems to me.

Especially since Transworld is like See Dick and Jane bullshit. Simple crap for simpleminds.

Or you could just not ever read anything they ever print or post on the interwebs.

Just a thought.

|



8/31/2018 3:38 AM

dimetime wrote:

I've got an idea! Why don't all you hyper critical jag offs do a go fund me and then buy MXA and then shut it down?

I'm amazed at how much time and effort you all put in to hate on them. Should just be easier to ignore them all it seems to me.

Especially since Transworld is like See Dick and Jane bullshit. Simple crap for simpleminds.

Or you could just not ever read anything they ever print or post on the interwebs.

Just a thought.

Pretty much my thoughts as well.
I see so many on here putting a lot of energy into hating on something. Don't like it? Fine, don't read it. I still enjoy the magazine very much. Is it perfect? No but, it's still a good read for any motocross rider/fan. And I guess I'm "old" because I still like the feel of paper in my hands. I think there can be a good balance of info from electronic media and print. I can have a crappy day at work and come home to the latest issue of MXA in the mailbox and it's an instant pick me up. Sometimes I won't even make it to the house, I'll just sit on the front porch and relax while reading about the sport I love. I've never gotten that same feeling from the web. Too much hate on here. We are all on Vital for the same reasons, we love MX yet tear each other to shreds over what color bike you ride. Electric start?....."oh, you're a pussy!!". You still read MXA?......"oh, you're old!!". Geez....I just don't get it. Anyways, sorry for the rant. My coffee is empty and needs a refill. Take care people.

|

8/31/2018 5:54 AM

MXA only gets attacked like this because the younger Bloggers and Forum based guys are jealous MXA gets the respect they crave so much. Pure Millennial generation jealousy.

Vital should start checking IP addresses, I’d bet the same 2-3 people start & post numerous times in these threads under 4-5 different accounts - troll accounts. Count on it.

|

8/31/2018 5:55 AM

vetmxr wrote:

Motocross action has taught me enormously about the technical side of the sport since I have started reading it in the lat e 70's.........If it were not there for me to read over and over and over again each month until the new issue came out, I would not know how to perfectly set up a dirt bike for myself now like I do. Same with Super Hunky.

I have yet to ride a bike that they have tested and not felt the exact same way about it that they did...... I'm not as crazy about the sport as a younger me was, but I still subscribe to it and have been since the late 70's.

That magazine was the BIBLE to me in the 80's and 90's.

I'm curious, are you riding the bike and forming your opinions before reading what they have to say, or are you reading their opinions and then riding the bike afterward?

Not saying you're wrong, but the amount they (and pretty much any magazine) exaggerate things is almost comical.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com



8/31/2018 6:41 AM

Paul333 wrote:

MXA only gets attacked like this because the younger Bloggers and Forum based guys are jealous MXA gets the respect they crave so much. Pure Millennial generation jealousy.

Vital should start checking IP addresses, I’d bet the same 2-3 people start & post numerous times in these threads under 4-5 different accounts - troll accounts. Count on it.

You’re not going to stamp that? Bought MXA for years, after my riding hiatus of a few years. One thing I notice was a lot of spelling errors occurring chronically, always wondered who proof read their stuff. For whatever reason, I quit buying the mag, can’t even recall when, but it’s been a couple of years. Wasn’t a conscious decision, it just happened. Having said that, what may have started that, was Jody’s article about “How you aren’t real, if you don’t race”. After that, it was the patting themselves on the back, the “we were right, the other mags were wrong” mentality. An example, the ‘02 450 Honda handling quirk, among others.

The thought clearly escapes Jody, that not everyone has the time to race, nor the inclination to spend huge amounts of money. The money that buys 16 laps of racing, if you double class, for a total of about 32 minute of saddle time, plus a 10 minute practice. Of course, double classing is to relieve the boredom of a whole day at the track, since the split program was dropped over 20 years ago up here. Add to that, put up with the sanctioning bodies bullshit, since it was directly involved in race days, up here. Militant bunch of dicks, is a good term to describe the attitude. If I choose to go ride on my own schedule, knock off 4 30 minute moto’s when I’m in ride shape, and sleep in on my one day a week off, apparently that makes me a, well, not a moto guy.

On the upside, their bike tests were a good read, pretty much the reason I bought the mag, even if I was never going to buy whatever the model was, in that edition.

|

8/31/2018 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 7:14 AM

Paul333 wrote:

MXA only gets attacked like this because the younger Bloggers and Forum based guys are jealous MXA gets the respect they crave so much. Pure Millennial generation jealousy.

Vital should start checking IP addresses, I’d bet the same 2-3 people start & post numerous times in these threads under 4-5 different accounts - troll accounts. Count on it.

scooter5002 wrote:

You’re not going to stamp that? Bought MXA for years, after my riding hiatus of a few years. One thing I notice was a lot of spelling errors occurring chronically, always wondered who proof read their stuff. For whatever reason, I quit buying the mag, can’t even recall when, but it’s been a couple of years. Wasn’t a conscious decision, it just happened. Having said that, what may have started that, was Jody’s article about “How you aren’t real, if you don’t race”. After that, it was the patting themselves on the back, the “we were right, the other mags were wrong” mentality. An example, the ‘02 450 Honda handling quirk, among others.

The thought clearly escapes Jody, that not everyone has the time to race, nor the inclination to spend huge amounts of money. The money that buys 16 laps of racing, if you double class, for a total of about 32 minute of saddle time, plus a 10 minute practice. Of course, double classing is to relieve the boredom of a whole day at the track, since the split program was dropped over 20 years ago up here. Add to that, put up with the sanctioning bodies bullshit, since it was directly involved in race days, up here. Militant bunch of dicks, is a good term to describe the attitude. If I choose to go ride on my own schedule, knock off 4 30 minute moto’s when I’m in ride shape, and sleep in on my one day a week off, apparently that makes me a, well, not a moto guy.

On the upside, their bike tests were a good read, pretty much the reason I bought the mag, even if I was never going to buy whatever the model was, in that edition.

Congratulations you are mad MXA thinks it’s better to actually race an MX bike...

Actually racing your bike does get you more respect, that’s just a fact. You certainly don’t have to race. This is America. If you don’t have the time or simply prefer to ride that’s up to you, but respect the guys who do race.

Same with MXA’s bike & product tests. They aren’t done over a weekend simply riding with some friends. They are done racing with professional test riders over long term. Hence why MXA’s tests get the most respect. I find it extremely odd that this bothers some people. Mostly bloggers or forum guys. Like I said earlier I think it simply boils down to jealousy & envy.


|

8/31/2018 7:16 AM

Today is Friday, so please be sure to comment quickly on this week's whiny post about MXA. Next week is a new post and a new chance to cry.

To the guy whose buddy is scared to send in a hard part, I think they ave mentioned companies being scared before and they don't sugar coat it.

|