MXA on Reed/Dungey Drama

davistld01
|
wildbill
4/5/2017 12:43pm
It doesn't always take a team of experts to examine evidence and reach an agreed upon consensus.
jeffro503
4/5/2017 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 12:52pm
They pretty much said exactly what most every one here has said , as in " they don't agree with what Chad did " , including myself. What they don't say is " Why he did it. " And even though it was the wrong thing to do....I can completely understand why he did it. Wrong or not....

Go back to the old saying...."If you poke a bear with a stick....what will happen?"
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
4/5/2017 12:59pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 1:00pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They pretty much said exactly what most every one here has said , as in " they don't agree with what Chad did " , including...
They pretty much said exactly what most every one here has said , as in " they don't agree with what Chad did " , including myself. What they don't say is " Why he did it. " And even though it was the wrong thing to do....I can completely understand why he did it. Wrong or not....

Go back to the old saying...."If you poke a bear with a stick....what will happen?"
I agree with the poking comment jeffro. However, the poke was more of a tap. Also, the fact that he's being likened to how a bear would respond also points at his maturity level.

Throw a crumpled up piece of paper at me and I shrug it off. Throw a rock at me and it's on. The problem with Reed is that Dungey essentially threw paper at him yet Reed acted like it was a rock.

That's why I don't understand why he did it.
peelout
4/5/2017 1:01pm
Chad torqued his sprocket bolts too tight and couldn't go up one tooth in the rear, that's why he was in 16th bro

The Shop

gabrielito
4/5/2017 1:06pm
jeffro503 wrote:
They pretty much said exactly what most every one here has said , as in " they don't agree with what Chad did " , including...

Chad Reed isn't a bear. He is an immature has been who can't accept the fact.
Gukamonster
4/5/2017 1:23pm
The only thing more embarrassing than this for Chad would be for the AMA to make him race outdoors again. I would bet on part time WORCS racers on 2 year old high-hour 450s over the legend. He could get in some heavy blue flag practice for next year.
jeffro503
4/5/2017 1:24pm
jeffro503 wrote:

jnickell wrote:
I agree with the poking comment jeffro. However, the poke was more of a tap. Also, the fact that he's being likened to how a bear...
I agree with the poking comment jeffro. However, the poke was more of a tap. Also, the fact that he's being likened to how a bear would respond also points at his maturity level.

Throw a crumpled up piece of paper at me and I shrug it off. Throw a rock at me and it's on. The problem with Reed is that Dungey essentially threw paper at him yet Reed acted like it was a rock.

I agree to a point. And haven't tried to defend what Chad did , as I know it was messed up. With that being said , I think maybe there were a few different things that had happened over the course of a few races , which made Chad just say " Screw it.....I'm screwing Dungey's night tonight! ". Chad was pissed , and the reasons why are something maybe we'll all learn later.

But what's done is done. And even though we may never know if it actually affected the outcome of the final results , I still stand by saying , I don't think RD had a chance in hell of actually catching Eli and passing him. Which still puts him in 2nd.
gabrielito
4/5/2017 1:28pm
jeffro503 wrote:

jnickell wrote:
I agree with the poking comment jeffro. However, the poke was more of a tap. Also, the fact that he's being likened to how a bear...

jeffro503 wrote:
I agree to a point. And haven't tried to defend what Chad did , as I know it was messed up. With that being said...
I agree to a point. And haven't tried to defend what Chad did , as I know it was messed up. With that being said , I think maybe there were a few different things that had happened over the course of a few races , which made Chad just say " Screw it.....I'm screwing Dungey's night tonight! ". Chad was pissed , and the reasons why are something maybe we'll all learn later.

But what's done is done. And even though we may never know if it actually affected the outcome of the final results , I still stand by saying , I don't think RD had a chance in hell of actually catching Eli and passing him. Which still puts him in 2nd.
That's such a puss way to go about it though and really taking advantage of Dungey's good nature. Chad likes to act the bully and unfortunately Dungey is too passive to put Reed on the ground.
4/5/2017 1:29pm
peelout wrote:
Chad torqued his sprocket bolts too tight and couldn't go up one tooth in the rear, that's why he was in 16th bro
Peelbro, if he had used copious amounts of anti-seize, this would not have been an issue. I also wonder if he had recently greased his steering stem. Lack of grease could explain his steering a "wide bike."
TeamGreen
4/5/2017 1:30pm
From the article:

"What did you call the lapper who blocked you at Chicken Licks Raceway? That’s what Chad Reed is."
Juice_Mann
4/5/2017 1:30pm
Why does everyone keep debating this topic? I don't give a shit what Dungey did to piss off Reed. Reed broke the fucking rules and got penalized as a result. Case closed.

Forty
4/5/2017 1:34pm
jeffro503 wrote:

You said "GoReed".
oshow
4/5/2017 1:38pm
jeffro503 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are a never have been.

Sully22
4/5/2017 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 2:10pm
I'm in the camp that's apparently in the minority around here....I don't agree with what CR22 did at all, it was a dumb move, it was immature, but I can see why he did it. And I'm a fan of all three guys, ET3, RD5, and CR22. Sure, getting pissed because someone says you're immature in his podium speech isn't a good reason to retaliate and prevent that person from lapping you for 3 laps, it's dumb, and uncalled for. But RD5 complaining on the podium about CR22 was a dumb move as well, because there wasn't anything wrong with the way CR22 raced him in the heat (my opinion)....and that, combined with what happened in previous rounds is what "poked the bear." A bear that had nothing to lose....except $5000 and a handful of points.
jeffro503
4/5/2017 1:46pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Forty wrote:
You said "GoReed".
I did say that. And at the time was laughing because I thought Ryan was crying like a little girl in that interview. I knew it was wrong what Chad did.....but it also felt right watching it.
gabrielito
4/5/2017 1:54pm
jeffro503 wrote:

gabrielito wrote:
oshow wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are a never have been.

Not in MX, but what do my accomplishments or lack there of have to do with Reed being a wanker?
JB 19
4/5/2017 2:15pm
Jody makes a good point that so many people are looking past......Chad was in an unstable state of mind. .....if Ryan was so fast blah blah....well, he didn't know what Chad might do so he was being cautious. Ryan was lapping him so he was obviously much faster.
Mx814
4/5/2017 2:29pm
jeffro503 wrote:

Forty wrote:
You said "GoReed".
jeffro503 wrote:
I did say that. And at the time was laughing because I thought Ryan was crying like a little girl in that interview. I knew it...
I did say that. And at the time was laughing because I thought Ryan was crying like a little girl in that interview. I knew it was wrong what Chad did.....but it also felt right watching it.
I'm with you on this one also Jeffo.
We know what CR done in the heat was wrong,
but Dungey should not have been airing out all his dirty laundry and whining about CR in the heat race interview.

I bet Dungey doesn't run his mouth about Reed anymore.
MX690
4/5/2017 2:58pm
I'm still unsure what Chad did in the heat race that was imature and had Dungey crying in the interview, unless he thought Reed had no right to race him in the heat. One thing is for sure Dungey would want to pray that he starts the remaining races ahead of Chad, if he found it hard to pass Chad as a lapper he's going to find it virtually impossible if they're on the same lap and Chad has every right to race him hard.
Grieby54
4/5/2017 3:01pm
Forty wrote:
You said "GoReed".
jeffro503 wrote:
I did say that. And at the time was laughing because I thought Ryan was crying like a little girl in that interview. I knew it...
Mx814 wrote:
I'm with you on this one also Jeffo. We know what CR done in the heat was wrong, but Dungey should not have been airing out...
I'm with you on this one also Jeffo.
We know what CR done in the heat was wrong,
but Dungey should not have been airing out all his dirty laundry and whining about CR in the heat race interview.

I bet Dungey doesn't run his mouth about Reed anymore.
I think it's funny that people can be a fan of Reed for "speaking his mind" and "calling it how it is" (also known to many as one of the biggest whiners in the sport), but still jump on Dungey for complaining about Reed cutting over on him in the whoops.

If someone did that to Chad you can bet the whole world would hear about it.
davistld01
4/5/2017 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 3:08pm
JB 19 wrote:
Jody makes a good point that so many people are looking past......Chad was in an unstable state of mind. .....if Ryan was so fast blah blah....well...
Jody makes a good point that so many people are looking past......Chad was in an unstable state of mind. .....if Ryan was so fast blah blah....well, he didn't know what Chad might do so he was being cautious. Ryan was lapping him so he was obviously much faster.
This is something that keeps coming up, and someone posted earlier to the effect that Chad was taking advantage of Dungey's racing character (or "passivity", although that's not at all accurate), knowing that Ryan wouldn't lose his shit completely & take him out with a pass. To me that's really the thing that makes Reed come off like the biggest douchebag ever, that he knew RD was too professional to do something dirty, so he knew he could get away with it.

What I also know is that Reed has loaded his bad karma boat up to the limit with this one. I doubt Dungey will retaliate at Seattle, but Chad might not have the night he'd like.

4/5/2017 3:12pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 3:13pm
If the baby jesus hadn't been killed, then Godwana would never have broken apart, Australia would have never been formed, and Chad Reed would have never been born. Or at least if Chad Reed was born, he would have likely been born a Canadian and everyone knows Canadian's yield to the blue flag because they're nice.
dirtnapper
4/5/2017 3:15pm
JB 19 wrote:
Jody makes a good point that so many people are looking past......Chad was in an unstable state of mind. .....if Ryan was so fast blah blah....well...
davistld01 wrote:
This is something that keeps coming up, and someone posted earlier to the effect that Chad was taking advantage of Dungey's racing character (or "passivity", although...
This is something that keeps coming up, and someone posted earlier to the effect that Chad was taking advantage of Dungey's racing character (or "passivity", although that's not at all accurate), knowing that Ryan wouldn't lose his shit completely & take him out with a pass. To me that's really the thing that makes Reed come off like the biggest douchebag ever, that he knew RD was too professional to do something dirty, so he knew he could get away with it.

What I also know is that Reed has loaded his bad karma boat up to the limit with this one. I doubt Dungey will retaliate at Seattle, but Chad might not have the night he'd like.

Agreed.

And I also agree with what was said in the MXA article.
SigPig
4/5/2017 3:19pm
If this all stems back to a perceived slight from Detroit, does anyone think that Chad would have run block regardless of comments made in the heat race interview?

Post a reply to: MXA on Reed/Dungey Drama

The Latest