MXA decides to edit race recap.

GoRide2
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:50am
Leave it to MXA to take a shot at JLaw every chance they get. They just edited this.

Thats bullshit. He didn't get the lead because he took the shortcut. He blew by Alessi like he was standing still.
|
croom mx
3/11/2009 6:13am
Yeah MXA sometimes sticks their foot in their mouth.
SteveS
3/11/2009 6:20am
Blowing by Alessi was step two. Cutting the corner to get up in the top five was step one.
txmxer
3/11/2009 6:32am
GoRide2 wrote:
Leave it to MXA to take a shot at JLaw every chance they get. They just edited this.

Thats bullshit. He didn't get the lead because he took the shortcut. He blew by Alessi like he was standing still.
jbomx363
3/11/2009 6:48am
Report looks spot on to me.

The Shop

TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
3/11/2009 7:28am
Morons. If they actually watched the race, they would have noticed he was in 4th or 5th after the first turn.

Sure, it was a shortcut, but it didn't put him in the lead.
BobbyM
3/11/2009 7:31am
TheWeapon wrote:
Morons. If they actually watched the race, they would have noticed he was in 4th or 5th after the first turn. Sure, it was a shortcut...
Morons. If they actually watched the race, they would have noticed he was in 4th or 5th after the first turn.

so what if he was in the lead? and then he won the race...so what?
TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
3/11/2009 7:46am
TheWeapon wrote:
Morons. If they actually watched the race, they would have noticed he was in 4th or 5th after the first turn. Sure, it was a shortcut...

BobbyM wrote:
so what if he was in the lead? and then he won the race...so what?
Good point....I would have to say the likelihood of him receiving a penalty would have been much higher if he had come out in the lead (despite the fact that it doesn't change anything about the amount of track he cut).

He did appear to wait (hesitate?) a little when re-entering the track....but probably should have given it another second or so. But who cares. He didn't get penalised. He rode well. And he posted 3rd fastest laptime in the race. If he followed Reed around that 1st corner pile up, he still would have finished 2nd (at least in my opinion...and if the laptimes are any indication)
Uncleof2
3/11/2009 8:07am
TheWeapon wrote:
Good point....I would have to say the likelihood of him receiving a penalty would have been much higher if he had come out in the lead...
Good point....I would have to say the likelihood of him receiving a penalty would have been much higher if he had come out in the lead (despite the fact that it doesn't change anything about the amount of track he cut).

He did appear to wait (hesitate?) a little when re-entering the track....but probably should have given it another second or so. But who cares. He didn't get penalised. He rode well. And he posted 3rd fastest laptime in the race. If he followed Reed around that 1st corner pile up, he still would have finished 2nd (at least in my opinion...and if the laptimes are any indication)
A fast 1 lap in a race does not win races, consistent fast laps do, typically it is easier to
run fast laps times with no one in front of you because you don't have to work as hard
and waste less energy. If you check out the lap times in the race J-law had fast lap times
the first 10 laps, but the lap that Chad caught him in he ran a 1:15 which was slower than
about every one else on the track that didn't crash. I don't think he would of finished 2nd.
All that being said, congrats to J-Law for being at the right place at the right time and
stretching the rules just a little, and for being incredibly fast when he had to be. When it
all shakes out he got an incredible 2nd place in his first Supercross race.
peelout719
3/11/2009 8:16am
croom mx wrote:
Sometimes?

that's the understatement of the decade... remember when they said RC's setup on his CR250 would never work in the outdoors? i think that was the first time he went 24-0
3/11/2009 8:33am
I sure hope he gets top 3 next week so everybody will shut the fk up.
If he gets middle pack finish the beating will never end.
peelout719
3/11/2009 8:35am
following up a great finish like 2nd is going to be tough to do for anyone. the 450 class is stacked.

i would think a mid-pack would be respectable... although i think he's got another podium on the way, realistically top 5 Smile
3/11/2009 9:57am
I sure hope he gets top 3 next week so everybody will shut the fk up. If he gets middle pack finish the beating will never...
I sure hope he gets top 3 next week so everybody will shut the fk up.
If he gets middle pack finish the beating will never end.
Just be prepared for a beating then dude......................................
Lightning78
3/11/2009 10:11am
He was hauling at Indy before he pulled out with stomach problems so it's safe to say he will put in a top 5 at new orleans if he gets a good start (please no daytona start references.....that are old very old)
jbomx363
3/11/2009 10:13am
peelout719 wrote:
following up a great finish like 2nd is going to be tough to do for anyone. the 450 class is stacked. i would think a mid-pack...
following up a great finish like 2nd is going to be tough to do for anyone. the 450 class is stacked.

i would think a mid-pack would be respectable... although i think he's got another podium on the way, realistically top 5 Smile
Excuses already? Wow.
peelout719
3/11/2009 10:35am
peelout719 wrote:
following up a great finish like 2nd is going to be tough to do for anyone. the 450 class is stacked. i would think a mid-pack...

jbomx363 wrote:
Excuses already? Wow.
where's the excuse? tough to follow a great finish with a stacked class? yeah, that's an excuse. drink your haterade.

i still said a podium or top 5.

some people would whine about a wet dream, you seem like one of those people
d6mx
3/11/2009 12:05pm
you know...he didn't come into this with any self created hype.
weeks ago he said he wanted to get some experience on the 450's in the sx class this year.
he said he was hoping for a top 10 but 7th would have been good.
he said he wasn't going to interfere with the points chase.
it just so happens that he did well in his first race and did what he said he'd do.
he turned in some good laps, got tired near the end, and didn't want to wad it up by riding over his head.
no point in making this anymore than it is, nothing's changed in his approach to entering the 450 class.
bogdan912
3/11/2009 12:26pm
No use in trying to rationalize with these idiots Don it's useless... The jealousy and hate around this place is ridiculous.
BobbyM
3/11/2009 4:08pm
croom mx wrote:
peelout719 wrote:
Sometimes? that's the understatement of the decade... remember when they said RC's setup on his CR250 would never work in the outdoors? i think that was...
Sometimes?

that's the understatement of the decade... remember when they said RC's setup on his CR250 would never work in the outdoors? i think that was the first time he went 24-0
that was rc...not the scooter
GoRide2
3/11/2009 4:52pm
Even Matthes was able to give JLaw major props. You'd think these old bastards would be able to swallow some pride and give him credit for a great day all around. Instead they decide to highlight the supposed bad when plenty of people understand why he "cut the track" anyways. This is after I the title of an earlier story that said something about riding making people smarter and asking why hadn't it helped Jason Lawrence/.
GoRide2
3/11/2009 4:53pm
TheWeapon wrote:
Good point....I would have to say the likelihood of him receiving a penalty would have been much higher if he had come out in the lead...

Uncleof2 wrote:
A fast 1 lap in a race does not win races, consistent fast laps do, typically it is easier to run fast laps times with no...
A fast 1 lap in a race does not win races, consistent fast laps do, typically it is easier to
run fast laps times with no one in front of you because you don't have to work as hard
and waste less energy. If you check out the lap times in the race J-law had fast lap times
the first 10 laps, but the lap that Chad caught him in he ran a 1:15 which was slower than
about every one else on the track that didn't crash. I don't think he would of finished 2nd.
All that being said, congrats to J-Law for being at the right place at the right time and
stretching the rules just a little, and for being incredibly fast when he had to be. When it
all shakes out he got an incredible 2nd place in his first Supercross race.
Because he was tired maybe? He didn't have issues when he passed the four people he needed to pass to get into first.
3/11/2009 6:42pm
if other riders where as far back as jlaw on that start, they would have had time to shut her down and dip to the left as well, instead of running over downed riders, bikes, camera crew, and tough blocks. end of story.
as for mxa, ill never click another link to there site, or refer to anything that has to do with there site or mag.
but i plan on stopping at an ampm on my way to work in the morning, to grab a monster for the day. then on my way home stopping at the local bike shop to pick me up some pro taper bars, then ill probably call someone from my boost mobile phone.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
3/11/2009 7:16pm
if other riders where as far back as jlaw on that start, they would have had time to shut her down and dip to the left...
if other riders where as far back as jlaw on that start, they would have had time to shut her down and dip to the left as well, instead of running over downed riders, bikes, camera crew, and tough blocks. end of story.
as for mxa, ill never click another link to there site, or refer to anything that has to do with there site or mag.
but i plan on stopping at an ampm on my way to work in the morning, to grab a monster for the day. then on my way home stopping at the local bike shop to pick me up some pro taper bars, then ill probably call someone from my boost mobile phone.
LOL! Good one!

TheWeapon
Fantasy
53rd
3/11/2009 7:19pm
if other riders where as far back as jlaw on that start, they would have had time to shut her down and dip to the left...
Shenzi wrote:
LOL! Good one!

gold.
BobbyM
3/11/2009 7:23pm
Shenzi wrote:
LOL! Good one!

and he'll still need alessis cash to race the nats.....dumbfucks
GoRide2
3/11/2009 7:31pm
Shenzi wrote:
LOL! Good one!

BobbyM wrote:
and he'll still need alessis cash to race the nats.....dumbfucks
You aren't an insider. I know you forget that sometimes.
txmxer
3/11/2009 7:53pm
GoRide2 wrote:
Even Matthes was able to give JLaw major props. You'd think these old bastards would be able to swallow some pride and give him credit for...
Even Matthes was able to give JLaw major props. You'd think these old bastards would be able to swallow some pride and give him credit for a great day all around. Instead they decide to highlight the supposed bad when plenty of people understand why he "cut the track" anyways. This is after I the title of an earlier story that said something about riding making people smarter and asking why hadn't it helped Jason Lawrence/.
GoRide2
3/11/2009 8:00pm
GoRide2 wrote:
Even Matthes was able to give JLaw major props. You'd think these old bastards would be able to swallow some pride and give him credit for...
txmxer wrote:
[img]http://tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:h3XbMnhH04_2jM:http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/reverb/ist2_1795210_cry_baby.jpg[/img]
How ironic. That looks like you, BobbyM, 500Guy, Oldfart, Todder, Raddad, Jbomx363 and Uncleof2 after Jason smoked Alessi and Villopoto in his very first race.
500guy
3/11/2009 8:02pm
That's the dumbest fucking thing I think I've ever read.

Post a reply to: MXA decides to edit race recap.

The Latest