MXA - Grow up F.F.S

englishman
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:24am

Whoever wrote the following needs to grow the f up, the guys got a bruised vagina 'cos BT blew him off so he airs it in public !

"Believe it or not, writers make mistakes. Although it’s hard for any writer to swallow pride and admit a wrongdoing, it happens. I’m going to live up to a mistake I made two weeks ago in the Mid-Week Report. It didn’t become known to me until this past Thursday, when I noticed my so-called buddy Ben Townley out on the track at Glen Helen. I waved to him as I took photos. He shook his head at me (not in the nice way). I thought nothing of it. Later, while cruising the pits, I approached him. Normally amiable and social, he looked at me like I was befouling the air he breathed. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey Ben, how are you?
Ben: Don’t talk to me.
Me: Huh? Why not?
Ben: You know why.
Me: Are you messing with me?
Ben: No. Seriously don’t talk to me.

With that, he huffed away. I was left scratching my head. After all, this was the same guy that I had spent a day at the track with two months ago doing a huge interview with. Ben had typically been one of the nicest riders to talk to. Not only that, we’re like twins! Okay, not really, but we do have (almost) matching scars from recent surgeries. So why was he mad-dogging me? I failed to mention him as a contender for the AMA 450 National title this summer in a recent Mid-Week Report. Cry me a river.
Ben (because I know that you’re reading this), sorry. You probably should have figured when you didn’t see your name mentioned anywhere on the list that I made an error. Oops. Now get over it. You’re fast. Of course you have the chance to win the title, especially if you remain healthy. This should go without saying, considering that MXA devoted a good chunk of editorial space just for you - yes, you. Now do me a favor and put that Troy Lee Designs/Honda bike on the box. "

|
SRP33
5/12/2010 9:48am
Who is Ben Townley o thats right he used to race a few years back
wonder what ever happen to him must have gotten hurt or something
mccread
5/12/2010 9:50am
Pretty dumb not to mention BT as a title contender, he hauls on a 450 and has big championship experiance on that machine.

The Shop

5/12/2010 10:01am
2 sides to every story im thinking.

how does the author know that was the issue? or did he scratch his head and thats all he can think of that migt be wrong? doesnt sound like BT to be upset over something like that.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/12/2010 10:10am
Maybe Ben's pissed he doesn't have an orange helmet yet.
ocscottie
5/12/2010 10:11am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:46pm
One of my fav clips of RC ripping on MXA:

ShookTwo
5/12/2010 10:24am
more irrelevant people thinking they are relevant PLZ TELL ME MORE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL LIFE MR. UNNAMED REPORTER I REALLY CARE A LOT
PD441
5/12/2010 10:34am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2010 10:38am
How is he un-named? The article was written by John Basher. It's right there at the top of the page.

It's pretty easy not to include BT in a contender list. He's been kind of off the radar recently. Let's find some other miniscule subject to bitch about.
Chili
5/12/2010 10:40am
mccread wrote:
Pretty dumb not to mention BT as a title contender, he hauls on a 450 and has big championship experiance on that machine.
And he's completed what is it, one series in 4 years Stateside? He's about as relevant as a title contender at this point as Jason Lawrence, sure the potential is there but reality.....
Matthes
5/12/2010 10:45am
I don't get BT either. He was my buddy when he was doing well at PC and I even helped him get a Kicker deal when he called me to ask if I could.

Then I write a few things about his injuries, make a joke about needing to be wrapped in bubble wrap and he stops talking to me. Won't return calls, won't talk to me at the races, kind of acts like a baby. After talking to Coppins and his buddy at KTM, they both confirm that he gets butt-hurt easily.

I don't think anyone can say at this point that he's a title contender with all that he's been through but it'll be interesting to see how he does for sure. I'm pulling for him, it'll be a great story if he can do it.
Brent
5/12/2010 11:22am
Title Contender?

Sorry, but he isn't a title contender against the likes of Dungey or Reed. Those guys are some tough animals. .

It's been a few years since he even raced a national? Wasn't he hurt again earlier this year so he couldn't race the GP's? I guess stranger things have happened, but unless he figures out how not to fall off a bike every race.....
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/12/2010 11:23am
I like Ben a lot. He's a cool guy, and an incredible talent...when he's healthy.

450 class competitor? Yes.
Title contender? After being on the shelf for so long? Making that claim might be a stretch until he proves it.

Right now I'd be really stoked to see him make it through a 450-class season. And I'd love to be proven wrong.
ayearinmx
5/12/2010 11:28am
well that's a boring story guyb.... you need to learn from MXA and Matthes Wink
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
5/12/2010 11:32am
I guess the issue can be about Ben, or whether calling him out that way makes sense if you're aspiring to anything other than tabloid style.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/12/2010 11:36am
ayearinmx wrote:
well that's a boring story guyb.... you need to learn from MXA and Matthes Wink
Different styles...
Overdrive
5/12/2010 11:47am
If you put yourself in Ben's shoes you can kind of see why he has some thin skin. He had tons of potential and year after year injuries have kept him from doing what he loves and being where he should be.

I hope he can harness that potential and finish up on top again.
level
5/12/2010 12:29pm
He kinda seems like an ass.
SRP33
5/12/2010 12:31pm
o boy another persons feelings are hurt
calimxer91
5/12/2010 12:37pm
Huge write up in the new MXA.This has got to be a joke.
Adam43
5/12/2010 12:42pm
I like Townley and I think he'll do really well, but that's a pretty juvenile way to talk to anyone.
Madmax31
Fantasy
91st
5/12/2010 12:56pm
englishman wrote:
Whoever wrote the following needs to grow the f up, the guys got a bruised vagina 'cos BT blew him off so he airs it in...

Whoever wrote the following needs to grow the f up, the guys got a bruised vagina 'cos BT blew him off so he airs it in public !

"Believe it or not, writers make mistakes. Although it’s hard for any writer to swallow pride and admit a wrongdoing, it happens. I’m going to live up to a mistake I made two weeks ago in the Mid-Week Report. It didn’t become known to me until this past Thursday, when I noticed my so-called buddy Ben Townley out on the track at Glen Helen. I waved to him as I took photos. He shook his head at me (not in the nice way). I thought nothing of it. Later, while cruising the pits, I approached him. Normally amiable and social, he looked at me like I was befouling the air he breathed. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: Hey Ben, how are you?
Ben: Don’t talk to me.
Me: Huh? Why not?
Ben: You know why.
Me: Are you messing with me?
Ben: No. Seriously don’t talk to me.

With that, he huffed away. I was left scratching my head. After all, this was the same guy that I had spent a day at the track with two months ago doing a huge interview with. Ben had typically been one of the nicest riders to talk to. Not only that, we’re like twins! Okay, not really, but we do have (almost) matching scars from recent surgeries. So why was he mad-dogging me? I failed to mention him as a contender for the AMA 450 National title this summer in a recent Mid-Week Report. Cry me a river.
Ben (because I know that you’re reading this), sorry. You probably should have figured when you didn’t see your name mentioned anywhere on the list that I made an error. Oops. Now get over it. You’re fast. Of course you have the chance to win the title, especially if you remain healthy. This should go without saying, considering that MXA devoted a good chunk of editorial space just for you - yes, you. Now do me a favor and put that Troy Lee Designs/Honda bike on the box. "

WAH! I haven't raced in a few years and they didn't mention me to win...I won't talk to them. What a baby and you are a Bitch for thinking MXA has the issues. I thought Ben was cool but after reading that and Matthes's story he's just a BABY!
BK
5/12/2010 12:59pm
You have to harness the good and block the bad.

jbomx363
5/12/2010 1:01pm
Matthes wrote:
I don't get BT either. He was my buddy when he was doing well at PC and I even helped him get a Kicker deal when...
I don't get BT either. He was my buddy when he was doing well at PC and I even helped him get a Kicker deal when he called me to ask if I could.

Then I write a few things about his injuries, make a joke about needing to be wrapped in bubble wrap and he stops talking to me. Won't return calls, won't talk to me at the races, kind of acts like a baby. After talking to Coppins and his buddy at KTM, they both confirm that he gets butt-hurt easily.

I don't think anyone can say at this point that he's a title contender with all that he's been through but it'll be interesting to see how he does for sure. I'm pulling for him, it'll be a great story if he can do it.
With that post... "NO STORY FOR YOU!" Laughing
JIM256
5/12/2010 1:44pm
GuyB wrote:
I like Ben a lot. He's a cool guy, and an incredible talent...when he's healthy. 450 class competitor? Yes. Title contender? After being on the shelf...
I like Ben a lot. He's a cool guy, and an incredible talent...when he's healthy.

450 class competitor? Yes.
Title contender? After being on the shelf for so long? Making that claim might be a stretch until he proves it.

Right now I'd be really stoked to see him make it through a 450-class season. And I'd love to be proven wrong.
X2
just for BT to make it through the season uninjured would be equal to winning the c-ship. hope he proves us all wrong...
englishman
5/12/2010 1:49pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:46pm
Madmax31 wrote:
WAH! I haven't raced in a few years and they didn't mention me to win...I won't talk to them. What a baby and you are a...
WAH! I haven't raced in a few years and they didn't mention me to win...I won't talk to them. What a baby and you are a Bitch for thinking MXA has the issues. I thought Ben was cool but after reading that and Matthes's story he's just a BABY!
I am a bitch for wondering why a reporter hasn't got the sack to talk to a guy about a personal issue he has with him face to face but airs it to the public ??

You've never met me but I am a bitch ? How old are you 14 ?
plowboy
5/12/2010 1:52pm
BT was/is a bad@ss on a dirt bike. He got one of those unfortunate reality checks with his injuries. When he's had a few good injury free rides this summer...I think/hope the funny, cocky, carefree Ben reappears. I wish him all the best cause when he's "on it", he's "in it".

Post a reply to: MXA - Grow up F.F.S

The Latest