MXA

devindavisphoto
Fantasy
3875th
6/13/2018 11:15pm
Darryl Ecklund raced a season of Supercross in 2006. He was pretty damn fast as an amateur, too.
crc245
6/13/2018 11:35pm
Moto needs the old guard like MXA around for a plethora of reasons (whilst turning a blind eye towards their spelling/grammar)! Plus, they're improving more and more with the presentation factor and timely video updates:

https://youtu.be/eBT4f4eNEAM
pdub187
Fantasy
2532nd
6/14/2018 2:41am
I'm buying a new KX450. Fuck it. That thing looks awesome.

The Shop

motomike137
6/14/2018 3:39am
I find the bagging on MXA over a few editing errors a little ironic on this forum when most of the jokers in here can't even spell moran correctly.
JAFO92
6/14/2018 4:30am
newmann wrote:
Anyone remember Dirt Rider declaring the Cannondale "Bike of the Year"? Anyone remember Transworld declaring the KX450 the shootout winner when everyone else rated it at...
Anyone remember Dirt Rider declaring the Cannondale "Bike of the Year"?

Anyone remember Transworld declaring the KX450 the shootout winner when everyone else rated it at the bottom of the pile? Of course those one paragraph bike tests at Transworld were always top notch. Two pages past the bikini pics. Laughing
I loved the Mullethunter Section of TWMX. Still have one of them decals on my toolbox. Cool

mx43
6/26/2018 6:03am
Potts wrote:
Some of the guys have been wicked fast over the years and Daryl Ecklund I believe is probably their fastest test rider that's on staff.
I met this guy a few years ago and I felt his ego was bigger then his talent.
make1go
6/26/2018 6:16am
I find the bagging on MXA over a few editing errors a little ironic on this forum when most of the jokers in here can't even...
I find the bagging on MXA over a few editing errors a little ironic on this forum when most of the jokers in here can't even spell moran correctly.
zactly, viturds at there, whoops they're, sorry their best.

Spudnut
6/26/2018 12:15pm
Potts wrote:
Some of the guys have been wicked fast over the years and Daryl Ecklund I believe is probably their fastest test rider that's on staff.
mx43 wrote:
I had a feeling this could be true lol
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/26/2018 1:49pm
Potts wrote:
mx43 wrote:
That could be said of 99.9% of all motocross racers from Novice class all the way to Top level national pro's and factorys riders. Cool
NorCal 50+
6/26/2018 2:43pm
I picked up the latest MXA print version and it was actually really good. High editorial quality and Jody was back to being funny in Jody's Box. He said he told Josh Grant he doesn't go to the Nats because he'd rather be racing than watching someone else race.
Their Instagram account is pretty cool, even if their web site has pretty much sucked historically.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
6/26/2018 8:54pm
NorCal 50+ wrote:
I picked up the latest MXA print version and it was actually really good. High editorial quality and Jody was back to being funny in Jody's...
I picked up the latest MXA print version and it was actually really good. High editorial quality and Jody was back to being funny in Jody's Box. He said he told Josh Grant he doesn't go to the Nats because he'd rather be racing than watching someone else race.
Their Instagram account is pretty cool, even if their web site has pretty much sucked historically.
I still get MXA in print and always will, the best MX mag out there
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
6/26/2018 9:18pm
newmann wrote:
Does anyone know if @GuyB even owns a dirt bike? How about doing a little background checking on who has tested bikes and contributed to MXA...
Does anyone know if @GuyB even owns a dirt bike?

How about doing a little background checking on who has tested bikes and contributed to MXA over the years before you go making yourself look too silly.
Yes, and I pedal it as often as I can.

As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my testing prowess.
6/26/2018 9:39pm
Anyone who read MXA during the golden years of 85 thru the mid 90s know that the mag is the best one out there. It's easy to poke fun now, but I still only read mxa since they're the only mag that actually does tech articles about the bikes. Jody is legit, folks.
endurox
6/26/2018 10:19pm
Robgvx wrote:
How many magazine staff, editors, or journalists [i]anywhere[/i] raced at pro level? And why would that even be necessary to contribute to a magazine? Does racing...
How many magazine staff, editors, or journalists anywhere raced at pro level? And why would that even be necessary to contribute to a magazine? Does racing a bike fast make you a better writer? More knowledgeable? Not in my view.

In regards to Jody, he’s raced pretty much every weekend for more than forty years. He’s probably raced the most motos of anyone in the world, ever. He’s ridden, (or more likely, raced) practically every motocross bike that’s ever been built and I’d wager he’s forgotten more about motocross than most people will ever know. He also has a Masters degree.

I’d say he’s adequately qualified.
mx317 wrote:
Jody actually has a Ph.D.
Jody also has a boat load of patents. Hi IQ dud.
hamncheeze
6/26/2018 10:37pm
It seems like a lot of people like to bag on MXA these days. I'll admit I don't read it much anymore these days but when I was a young pup back in the late 70s and all the way through the 80s MXA was pretty much the first and last word on anything. I used to stalk the 7-11 to get it when it first arrived. I remember finally getting a subscription when I was around 12, and then finding out that 7-11 got it before I would get it Sad Jody, love him or hate him, has been at it for more than 40 years. Think about that, in the moto industry that is very exceptional.
hamncheeze
6/26/2018 10:40pm
GuyB wrote:
Yes, and I pedal it as often as I can. As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my testing...

As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my testing prowess.
And that's what is cool about you GuyB. You haven't ridden for several years but you are still passionate enough to be involved with the sport. I haven't ridden in years either. But I still follow it and I love it, and I am glad that there are guys like you out there giving me such awesome (and free) content. Chapeau!
newmann
6/27/2018 3:54pm
GuyB wrote:
Yes, and I pedal it as often as I can. As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my testing...

hamncheeze wrote:
And that's what is cool about you GuyB. You haven't ridden for several years but you are still passionate enough to be involved with the sport...
And that's what is cool about you GuyB. You haven't ridden for several years but you are still passionate enough to be involved with the sport. I haven't ridden in years either. But I still follow it and I love it, and I am glad that there are guys like you out there giving me such awesome (and free) content. Chapeau!
So, you aren’t one of those Vitarded ones who claim that you can’t have an opinion unless you are constantly buying new bikes, raced pro and currently race and ride year round? You are just like....a fan of the sport? ?
Bermworm
6/27/2018 8:04pm
mx43 wrote:
Just wondering why they think they are experts in their field!
Because they are.
hamncheeze
6/27/2018 9:47pm
newmann wrote:
So, you aren’t one of those Vitarded ones who claim that you can’t have an opinion unless you are constantly buying new bikes, raced pro and...
So, you aren’t one of those Vitarded ones who claim that you can’t have an opinion unless you are constantly buying new bikes, raced pro and currently race and ride year round? You are just like....a fan of the sport? ?
Yes, 100% a fan at this point. I started out on a Honda Z50 a few months before my 4th birthday. First race on a XR75 at age 8. Raced until I was 19, made it to "pro" in Canada (back then it was Expert class and I was pretty shitty). Went to school, barely rode, found MTB racing, got a career, and just kind of left riding a dirt bike behind. Then started road racing on bicycles and got to a high level, and that consumed me into my early 40s. But I always followed SX and MX, and once I stopped road racing I had more time so I've attended quite a few races in the past 7 years.

But yeah, you won't find me giving opinions on bikes....I've never ridden a modern 4-stroke!
visser62
6/27/2018 9:59pm
MXA's grammar is an affront to reporters everywhere.

Post a reply to: MXA

The Latest