MXA

Related:
Create New Tag

6/13/2018 10:00 PM

The MXA crew have more knowledge testing bikes than any organization in the world. Jody and his crew have ridden practically every bike made since the 70's including every pro level bike, plus they race almost every single weekend. Think about if you had the chance to ride and race every brand, model, type, and displacement on a continual basis, took notes, and wrote in-depth articles on each machine for a living, do you think you would be an expert?

It's wildly ignorant for people to question MXA. Their process is 2nd to none, yet the best the vitards can do here is complain about the occasional typos and grammar errors. Good grief.

|

6/13/2018 10:51 PM

Lovely Louella was a pro.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/13/2018 11:15 PM

Darryl Ecklund raced a season of Supercross in 2006. He was pretty damn fast as an amateur, too.

|

6/13/2018 11:35 PM

Moto needs the old guard like MXA around for a plethora of reasons (whilst turning a blind eye towards their spelling/grammar)! Plus, they're improving more and more with the presentation factor and timely video updates:

|

6/14/2018 2:41 AM

I'm buying a new KX450. Fuck it. That thing looks awesome.

|

6/14/2018 3:39 AM

I find the bagging on MXA over a few editing errors a little ironic on this forum when most of the jokers in here can't even spell moran correctly.

|

6/14/2018 3:39 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

haha!

|

6/14/2018 4:30 AM

newmann wrote:

Anyone remember Dirt Rider declaring the Cannondale "Bike of the Year"?

Anyone remember Transworld declaring the KX450 the ...more

I loved the Mullethunter Section of TWMX. Still have one of them decals on my toolbox. cool

|

"We don't rent pigs."

6/26/2018 6:03 AM

Potts wrote:

Some of the guys have been wicked fast over the years and Daryl Ecklund I believe is probably their fastest test rider that's ...more

I met this guy a few years ago and I felt his ego was bigger then his talent.

|

6/26/2018 6:16 AM

motomike137 wrote:

I find the bagging on MXA over a few editing errors a little ironic on this forum when most of the jokers in here can't even ...more

zactly, viturds at there, whoops they're, sorry their best.

|

6/26/2018 6:54 AM

TeamGreen wrote:

Haha!!laughing

I bet she was...

|

6/26/2018 12:15 PM

Potts wrote:

Some of the guys have been wicked fast over the years and Daryl Ecklund I believe is probably their fastest test rider that's ...more

mx43 wrote:

I had a feeling this could be true lol

|

6/26/2018 1:49 PM

Potts wrote:

mx43 wrote:

That could be said of 99.9% of all motocross racers from Novice class all the way to Top level national pro's and factorys riders. cool

|

Ed Johnson

6/26/2018 2:43 PM

I picked up the latest MXA print version and it was actually really good. High editorial quality and Jody was back to being funny in Jody's Box. He said he told Josh Grant he doesn't go to the Nats because he'd rather be racing than watching someone else race.
Their Instagram account is pretty cool, even if their web site has pretty much sucked historically.

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

6/26/2018 8:54 PM

NorCal 50+ wrote:

I picked up the latest MXA print version and it was actually really good. High editorial quality and Jody was back to being ...more

I still get MXA in print and always will, the best MX mag out there

|

Ed Johnson

6/26/2018 9:18 PM

newmann wrote:

Does anyone know if @GuyB even owns a dirt bike?

How about doing a little background checking on who has tested bikes and ...more

Yes, and I pedal it as often as I can.

As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my testing prowess.

|

6/26/2018 9:39 PM

Anyone who read MXA during the golden years of 85 thru the mid 90s know that the mag is the best one out there. It's easy to poke fun now, but I still only read mxa since they're the only mag that actually does tech articles about the bikes. Jody is legit, folks.

|

6/26/2018 10:19 PM

Robgvx wrote:

How many magazine staff, editors, or journalists anywhere raced at pro level? And why would that even be necessary to ...more

mx317 wrote:

Jody actually has a Ph.D.

Jody also has a boat load of patents. Hi IQ dud.

|

6/26/2018 10:37 PM

It seems like a lot of people like to bag on MXA these days. I'll admit I don't read it much anymore these days but when I was a young pup back in the late 70s and all the way through the 80s MXA was pretty much the first and last word on anything. I used to stalk the 7-11 to get it when it first arrived. I remember finally getting a subscription when I was around 12, and then finding out that 7-11 got it before I would get it sad Jody, love him or hate him, has been at it for more than 40 years. Think about that, in the moto industry that is very exceptional.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

6/26/2018 10:40 PM

GuyB wrote:

As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my ...more

And that's what is cool about you GuyB. You haven't ridden for several years but you are still passionate enough to be involved with the sport. I haven't ridden in years either. But I still follow it and I love it, and I am glad that there are guys like you out there giving me such awesome (and free) content. Chapeau!

|

6/27/2018 3:54 PM

newmann wrote:

Does anyone know if @GuyB even owns a dirt bike?

How about doing a little background checking on who has tested bikes and ...more

GuyB wrote:

As for throttle-twisting? I haven’t ridden for several years. But I’m not here for my ...more

hamncheeze wrote:

And that's what is cool about you GuyB. You haven't ridden for several years but you are still passionate enough to be ...more

So, you aren’t one of those Vitarded ones who claim that you can’t have an opinion unless you are constantly buying new bikes, raced pro and currently race and ride year round? You are just like....a fan of the sport? ?

|

6/27/2018 8:04 PM

mx43 wrote:

Just wondering why they think they are experts in their field!

Because they are.

|

6/27/2018 9:47 PM

newmann wrote:

So, you aren’t one of those Vitarded ones who claim that you can’t have an opinion unless you are constantly buying new bikes, ...more

Yes, 100% a fan at this point. I started out on a Honda Z50 a few months before my 4th birthday. First race on a XR75 at age 8. Raced until I was 19, made it to "pro" in Canada (back then it was Expert class and I was pretty shitty). Went to school, barely rode, found MTB racing, got a career, and just kind of left riding a dirt bike behind. Then started road racing on bicycles and got to a high level, and that consumed me into my early 40s. But I always followed SX and MX, and once I stopped road racing I had more time so I've attended quite a few races in the past 7 years.

But yeah, you won't find me giving opinions on bikes....I've never ridden a modern 4-stroke!

|

6/27/2018 9:59 PM

MXA's grammar is an affront to reporters everywhere.

|