MX2 Chat

DL
5/17/2010 4:15am
joe101uk wrote:
Looks like we're about to see Roczen vs Herlings. Osborne was 3rd at one point but I think he's crashed twice. Leib had a pretty good...
Looks like we're about to see Roczen vs Herlings.

Osborne was 3rd at one point but I think he's crashed twice. Leib had a pretty good start but is now retired.
FYI Michael broke a bone in his arm a week and a half ago, wore a cast for a week.... the plan for Spain was to get some starts, do a few laps and pull off...... In moto 1 he went from second to last to 16th in two laps. He had a good back and forth battle with Musquin before pulling off. He'll be ready for Glen Helen. Bummer for Jimmy and Billy.... did not get a chance to talk to Zach before leaving the track.... he was on his game.
Mxxer
5/17/2010 4:56am
jbomx363 wrote:
Why aren't there 40 riders in each class?

Where do they list the overall results for the event?
Because it costs $1450 to enter and no purse.
PaleBlue
5/17/2010 6:05am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
jbomx363 wrote:

Mxxer wrote:
An utterly bogus (and stupid) argument. Because, quite frankly, everybody who would have any chance whatsoever to win any prize money, ( if it were there) is already racing G.P.s.

Pre entered teams - with the occasional 'Wild Card' entry is exactly how EVERY major motorsport is run - except AMA dirtbikes! Think F1, Motogp, WSB, World Speedway etc...

Imagine saying to sponsers, " yeah, I want you to pay for my wages, bike(s), Race truck, hospitality, pit crew etc..,transport everything all over europe and sometimes across the globe , oh and yes it's possible that there might be a hiccup from time to time and I won't qualify and get your brand name on TV" - won't fly, sorry.
Mxxer
5/17/2010 6:57am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:51pm
jbomx363 wrote:

Mxxer wrote:
PaleBlue wrote:
An utterly bogus (and stupid) argument. Because, quite frankly, everybody who would have any chance whatsoever to win any prize money, ( if it were there)...
An utterly bogus (and stupid) argument. Because, quite frankly, everybody who would have any chance whatsoever to win any prize money, ( if it were there) is already racing G.P.s.

Pre entered teams - with the occasional 'Wild Card' entry is exactly how EVERY major motorsport is run - except AMA dirtbikes! Think F1, Motogp, WSB, World Speedway etc...

Imagine saying to sponsers, " yeah, I want you to pay for my wages, bike(s), Race truck, hospitality, pit crew etc..,transport everything all over europe and sometimes across the globe , oh and yes it's possible that there might be a hiccup from time to time and I won't qualify and get your brand name on TV" - won't fly, sorry.
I dispute your argument that 'everyone who is fast enough to be there is there'. Looking at the speed of the no-hopers that get to race sometimes I find it hard to believe that the likes of Alessi-conquering British champion Brad Anderson and world MX3 champion Pierre Alexandre Renet, could be considered slower.

But anyway, the question was 'why aren't there 40 riders in each class'.

The answer is that there aren't enough pre-entered, pre-paid riders to fill the gate. Fact. There never is. Go look up the results for the past few years.

The remaining 5-10 spots on the gate, which should be filled by wild cards/locals/qualifiers, (at an entry cost of $1450) aren't filled.

Why do you suppose that is?

Oh, and if you're going to call my argument stupid maybe check your own spelling first.

The Shop

PaleBlue
5/18/2010 12:37am
Mxxer wrote:
PaleBlue wrote:
An utterly bogus (and stupid) argument. Because, quite frankly, everybody who would have any chance whatsoever to win any prize money, ( if it were there)...

Mxxer wrote:
I dispute your argument that 'everyone who is fast enough to be there is there'. Looking at the speed of the no-hopers that get to race...
I dispute your argument that 'everyone who is fast enough to be there is there'. Looking at the speed of the no-hopers that get to race sometimes I find it hard to believe that the likes of Alessi-conquering British champion Brad Anderson and world MX3 champion Pierre Alexandre Renet, could be considered slower.

The answer is that there aren't enough pre-entered, pre-paid riders to fill the gate. Fact. There never is. Go look up the results for the past few years.

The remaining 5-10 spots on the gate, which should be filled by wild cards/locals/qualifiers, (at an entry cost of $1450) aren't filled.

Oh, and if you're going to call my argument stupid maybe check your own spelling first.
Nice editing to form your quote! I said anybody with a chance to win the imaginary 'purse money'. Brad anderson , good though he is, didn't exactly cover himself in glory in MX1 when he races in it before and MX3 is little more than a retirement home ( soon to be no more?)

Oh, and yes i know it's hiccough, I americanized for you.
stuart70
Fantasy
895th
5/18/2010 12:55am
All those Aussies with Eurosport on foxtel, Wed 19 May, 10:00 am, Bellpuig, Spain - MX2 Class.

MX1 was on today... sorry too slack to post earlier Tongue
Mxxer
5/18/2010 1:40am
PaleBlue wrote:

Mxxer wrote:
I dispute your argument that 'everyone who is fast enough to be there is there'. Looking at the speed of the no-hopers that get to race...

PaleBlue wrote:
Nice editing to form your quote! I said anybody with a chance to win the imaginary 'purse money'. Brad anderson , good though he is, didn't...
Nice editing to form your quote! I said anybody with a chance to win the imaginary 'purse money'. Brad anderson , good though he is, didn't exactly cover himself in glory in MX1 when he races in it before and MX3 is little more than a retirement home ( soon to be no more?)

Did you Americanize 'sponsers' too?

Hate to drag you back to the point, but the OP posed the question 'why aren't there 40 riders in each class'. I've posted the facts (they can't/don't get 40 riders pre-entered). The vacant spots which could/should be taken up by wild cards aren't, which I believe is because it costs £1450 to enter and there's no purse.

Let's hear your explanation as to why the start gates are 25% empty at the GPs.

5/18/2010 3:27am
Empty because they start the season in 38, and then by the first 3 rounds 5 or 6 are injured..
joe101uk
5/18/2010 3:47am
Mxxer wrote:

PaleBlue wrote:
Nice editing to form your quote! I said anybody with a chance to win the imaginary 'purse money'. Brad anderson , good though he is, didn't...

Mxxer wrote:
Did you Americanize 'sponsers' too? Hate to drag you back to the point, but the OP posed the question 'why aren't there 40 riders in each...
Did you Americanize 'sponsers' too?

Hate to drag you back to the point, but the OP posed the question 'why aren't there 40 riders in each class'. I've posted the facts (they can't/don't get 40 riders pre-entered). The vacant spots which could/should be taken up by wild cards aren't, which I believe is because it costs £1450 to enter and there's no purse.

Let's hear your explanation as to why the start gates are 25% empty at the GPs.

With the amount of shit that backmarkers have been pulling lately, I'm glad that there's not a full gate. Would i rather watch the fastest guys race or some local racers who will finish outside of the points.....it really doesn't matter.

Anyway, why do you care ? It's not like your trying to enter a GP race is it....

Post a reply to: MX2 Chat

The Latest