MX vs ATV Supercross : Xbox One

akillerwombat
Just a heads up for everyone that's been waiting – it got released / went up in the Xbox One store this morning.
|
MR. X
7/15/2016 9:48am
I'm not sure why but I'll buy it.
FastGzus
7/15/2016 10:38am
Are these video games worth the investment? Sheesh glancing at the systems and games at Target with my kids the other day made me extremely grateful they're not into them yet! The prices are ridiculous anymore! 70 for one friggin game?!
Frodad78
7/15/2016 10:42am
FastGzus wrote:
Are these video games worth the investment? Sheesh glancing at the systems and games at Target with my kids the other day made me extremely grateful...
Are these video games worth the investment? Sheesh glancing at the systems and games at Target with my kids the other day made me extremely grateful they're not into them yet! The prices are ridiculous anymore! 70 for one friggin game?!
MXGP2 has been worth it for me. Its not perfect but IMO its better than what the MX vs ATV crew has been producing.
akillerwombat
7/15/2016 10:54am
FastGzus wrote:
Are these video games worth the investment? Sheesh glancing at the systems and games at Target with my kids the other day made me extremely grateful...
I really liked the MX vs ATV supercross (on the 360) but haven't had a chance to try Encore on the 360 yet.

As a warning, the bike you start with is absolutely terrible; hard to scrub, feels overly stiff, and doesn't pre-load well but once you get the 450 with the pro-chassis the rider / bike smoothes out a ton and game gels together quite nicely. It's take some time to learn how to hit your lines perfectly (even harder to do every lap) but once you do it feels great, the online racing is a ton of fun, and while some people say MXGP is "more realistic" I think you can flow a lot better with the bike / track in MX vs ATV. Granted some of the stuff you can pull off when you learn the quirks of the game is quite exaggerated at the end of the day – it's a video game.

I will admit to being pretty biased though – I've been playing the MX vs ATV series for far too long now and prefer it leaps and bounds over MXGP (outside of being able to race real tracks there really isn't anything else I enjoy about that franchise).

The Shop

FastGzus
7/15/2016 10:59am
Sounds cool it's just hard for me justify dropping 4-500 bucks on a video game system and game.. Maybe I'll get drunk enough one night and order one lol
peelout
7/15/2016 11:10am
FastGzus wrote:
Frodad78
7/15/2016 11:13am
Pretty stoked about this, plus it comes with excite bike and a load of other good games. I could see my brother and I knocking down a case of cold ones while playing the mini console over christmas!
FastGzus
7/15/2016 12:03pm
FastGzus wrote:
peelout wrote:
No but I'll be buying that! The last game system I bought was Genesis and $60 is more my speed for a video game system!
KBOLTZ
7/15/2016 12:40pm
FastGzus wrote:
Frodad78 wrote:
MXGP2 has been worth it for me. Its not perfect but IMO its better than what the MX vs ATV crew has been producing.
Agreed. Just got MXGP2 last night and having fun in career mode so far.
RangerLee
7/15/2016 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2016 1:50pm
FastGzus wrote:
My .02. 43yrs old, I still love gaming. I build my own gaming PC's, but one drawback is my son loves the Xbox One that we have set up in the living room and so there really is no gaming together as the gaming PC's I give him, he uses for practicing programming, but not gaming.

HOWEVER...

At this past E3 Xbox announced their Play Anywhere set up, where you can you buy a digital game via Xbox or Windows 10 and it will play on both platforms. Keeping saves and stats. Meaning you can gain perks via the Xbox, then jump on your laptop/desktop/Surface tablet and continue where you left off.

This combined with sharing with gold, that allows my son to play games I bought on my xbox profile on his Xbox profile. I only have to buy 1 copy of the game. Where as with the older platforms, when we wanted to play, call of duty together or battlefield, I needed 2 copies, one for each of our systems.

For me the big thing is being able to game with him using my PC, currently I use a XIM adapter that allows me to use a mouse and keyboard for playing shooters on an Xbox when we game together.

So, is it worth it? For me it is, the saying goes, "Time you enjoy wasting, is NOT wasted time." We ride together, and at night it is fun to game together.

As for MX vs ATV SX Encore, we were playing it first thing this morning (I buy the digital copies so games are ready to go at midnight)
S.Loyer
7/15/2016 2:00pm
Is this just a straight port of the 360?
FastGzus
7/15/2016 2:15pm
FastGzus wrote:
RangerLee wrote:
My .02. 43yrs old, I still love gaming. I build my own gaming PC's, but one drawback is my son loves the Xbox One that we...
My .02. 43yrs old, I still love gaming. I build my own gaming PC's, but one drawback is my son loves the Xbox One that we have set up in the living room and so there really is no gaming together as the gaming PC's I give him, he uses for practicing programming, but not gaming.

HOWEVER...

At this past E3 Xbox announced their Play Anywhere set up, where you can you buy a digital game via Xbox or Windows 10 and it will play on both platforms. Keeping saves and stats. Meaning you can gain perks via the Xbox, then jump on your laptop/desktop/Surface tablet and continue where you left off.

This combined with sharing with gold, that allows my son to play games I bought on my xbox profile on his Xbox profile. I only have to buy 1 copy of the game. Where as with the older platforms, when we wanted to play, call of duty together or battlefield, I needed 2 copies, one for each of our systems.

For me the big thing is being able to game with him using my PC, currently I use a XIM adapter that allows me to use a mouse and keyboard for playing shooters on an Xbox when we game together.

So, is it worth it? For me it is, the saying goes, "Time you enjoy wasting, is NOT wasted time." We ride together, and at night it is fun to game together.

As for MX vs ATV SX Encore, we were playing it first thing this morning (I buy the digital copies so games are ready to go at midnight)
Sounds great but I honestly have no friggin clue what you're doing lol.. I never was a big gamer but always thought they looked like fun. Just when I'd get a hair up my ass to finally buy one I would usually talk myself into something else that I thought I'd get more use out of. My brother in law is into the Xbox and I've always meant to get one but again I usually end up buying something for the backyard or garage instead.. Maybe this xmas I'll buy one for my 2 year old Woohoo
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
7/15/2016 2:33pm
I wasn't planning on buying it, but GuyB gave me a key (very cool of him) so I guess I'll be putting some hours into it tonight.
flatout111
7/16/2016 10:00am
Well, it's between practice and the motos at Millville so I threw in Encore on the Xbox One, downloaded the bundle. It's decent. It has it's good points but is there anyone else out there that likes MXGP 2's Stadium series more than Rainbow's Supercross tracks? There is a nice sense of gravity in the Stadium series instead of the constant propel you to the moon feel of Encore. Plus the rear brake, proper scale, 22 riders, more realistic, slower speed. Just feels much more realistic despite the so so air physics. Encore is almost ruined by the too fast speed and the turbo clutch. The only way I can even enjoy it is to not use the clutch at all which sucks but it's just too overkill and too much of a rocket boost.

Thoughts anyone?

I for sure prefer MXGP 2's outdoor tracks...love Glen Helen...but was surprised that their Stadium series feels more realistic than Rainbow's game. Wish Milestone would release some Stadium DLC.
MR. X
7/16/2016 10:08am
Hows the online play ? Is it still a full gate of people dropping out of the sky while one guy lays sideways and spins in circles before the gate drops?
flatout111
7/16/2016 10:18am
Honestly, I don't play online. I'm in a weird area that refuses to offer high speed so I just download DLC with a Mifi but no way could play online due to cap. Sorry I can't help you.

I just wish they would slow the darn game down some and stop it being such a chore to keep the bike from ballooning to the air constantly. I think those and the clutch are my major gripes.

Post a reply to: MX vs ATV Supercross : Xbox One

The Latest