MX vs ATV Supercross Encore

Jroc
Fantasy
2490th
10/29/2015 5:06am Edited Date/Time 11/30/2015 7:29pm
Has anyone played the new game yet? I played a little bit last night and I feel that they are moving in the right direction. The handling seems better, the AI doesn't dart across a rhythm section to take you out and the clutch is not a rocket launcher. The whip/ scrub physics still need some tweeking but are better as well. I heard of people having frame rate issues but mine ran fine (I only raced 250 supercross west career so far). I know most people are over this game but was just wondering what some of your thoughts are? I'm playing on PS4.
|
yzjs7
10/29/2015 5:51am
I'm having fun with it. No oem bikes though?
jonesaustin
10/29/2015 5:58am
just wish it was available on PS3. i only bought that console for this series, hate to have to buy a PS4 just for one game, but seems no other option.
10/29/2015 5:59am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 12:50pm
I've been having some fun on the pc (steam version) so far. Currently working on unlocking all the update parts for the 450. There are indeed some framerate issues going on in the game, especially on the outdoor tracks with all the AI riders and on some of the straight rythm tracks.

Either way it's nothing to bad and allways enjoyable to get some new MX games on the market!

*Disclaimer: No fancy whips or scrubs in here, was allready hard enough hitting the lines on the 250. 450s give more speed for the jumps to focus more on the whole style thing*

Made this like an hour after the PC release, rhythm tracks on 250s where damn hard to land all the big lines!!
Spydee
10/29/2015 6:01am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 6:01am
Yep, but I avoided the PS3 version amid the dreadful reviews, so I can't really compare with the earlier versions. I do like this one although cornering can be a pain in the arse especially when it spins you 180 degrees. It's not perfect, but for an arcade game I like it.

The Shop

10/29/2015 6:26am
I've been having some fun on the pc (steam version) so far. Currently working on unlocking all the update parts for the 450. There are indeed...
I've been having some fun on the pc (steam version) so far. Currently working on unlocking all the update parts for the 450. There are indeed some framerate issues going on in the game, especially on the outdoor tracks with all the AI riders and on some of the straight rythm tracks.

Either way it's nothing to bad and allways enjoyable to get some new MX games on the market!

*Disclaimer: No fancy whips or scrubs in here, was allready hard enough hitting the lines on the 250. 450s give more speed for the jumps to focus more on the whole style thing*

Made this like an hour after the PC release, rhythm tracks on 250s where damn hard to land all the big lines!!
ill stick with excitebike
Jroc
Fantasy
2490th
10/29/2015 6:58am
yzjs7 wrote:
I'm having fun with it. No oem bikes though?
I'm thinking we'll be able to download them when Motoclub Depot goes online in a few weeks. I hope since I bought all the OEM bikes for the ps3 game I will not have to pay for them again as well as all the track packs.
BSmooth13
10/29/2015 7:08am
I've been having some fun on the pc (steam version) so far. Currently working on unlocking all the update parts for the 450. There are indeed...

Those physics tho...Huh
Sideways
10/29/2015 7:38am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 7:38am
BSmooth13 wrote:
Those physics tho...Huh
Looks horrible. And why is the bike the size of a fiddy and the rider the size of shaq. How fricking hard can it be to get it right!?
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
10/29/2015 9:32am
Physics look crap
The rider does nothing but sit on the bike in the whoops while the wheels just go up and down
Rider positioning and movement just looks so dumb

Probably a very good game if you don't care about the physics or if you don't ride yourself tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08z_8jvQ_PU
This looks much better imo (I mean only the physics, whoops, corners jumps etc.)
akillerwombat
10/29/2015 9:35am
... in the games defense, the poster might not be the best at throwing whips.
Zycki11
10/29/2015 9:42am
They keep making new tracks and not changing the game. How hard is it to get the sounds of each bike correct? Every game changes the player size but these guys can't even get the jerseys right. It's not hard to have someone who actually rides guide them in th correct direction.
Charper732
10/29/2015 9:56am
They need to get smart and buy the physics engine from mx simulator...its not perfect but its light years ahead of mxvsatv's physics
10/29/2015 10:30am
It's OK and Iv'e had some fun with it.

Like a lot of people I really wish we just had an updated Reflex with better AI and a whole load of new circuits, but that isn't going to come in the foreseeable future. I have been enjoying the latest iteration, though as I said in another thread, I don't think the Outdoor circuits flow that well with the new physics. The AI is a mixed bag too, which isn't an issue if you only really care for multiplayer but a single player experience is very important to me. Thankfully the whole deal is much better on the Supercross and Rhythm tracks imo.
GD2
Fantasy
854th
10/29/2015 10:41am
MvA Supercross is much better than it was when it first launched on PC. With that being said, the game just isn't very good in my opinion. I didn't expect it to be like a simulator or anything, but it's basically Alive 2.0. It's fun if you look at it as an arcade game, but it's really nothing more than that. If you want to help out Nordic in hopes that their next iteration is better then go ahead and buy it... otherwise wait for MXGP 2.
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
10/29/2015 10:52am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 10:53am
I find playing in first-person view makes the game a lot more tolerable, as then you're no longer looking at a crazy goon riding gorilla on a small bike.

However, half the fun is watching the sick scrubs you pull off. MvA Encore definitely an improvement from their last game, but it's shocking the aspects of the game they continue to overlook, which are so important.
EcoSX478
10/29/2015 11:17am Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 11:19am
In my opionion this game is an "arcade game", made for the mass public while the MXGP by milestone is made for us people who ride. I would save your $30 and wait until Febuary for the release of MXGP2. They will be including indoor/SX tracks this time around. Playing MXGP in 1st person in as real as you can get with a video game.
zehn
10/29/2015 11:33am
crusty_xx wrote:
Physics look crap The rider does nothing but sit on the bike in the whoops while the wheels just go up and down Rider positioning and...
Physics look crap
The rider does nothing but sit on the bike in the whoops while the wheels just go up and down
Rider positioning and movement just looks so dumb

Probably a very good game if you don't care about the physics or if you don't ride yourself tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08z_8jvQ_PU
This looks much better imo (I mean only the physics, whoops, corners jumps etc.)
People who decry these last couple games' physics, and then reference Unleashed as if had better or more realistic physics make me scratch my head.
greenmx5
10/29/2015 11:53am
If you're doing Supercross, the game is alright. Rhythm Straight or outdoors is almost unplayable due to the physics lag on PS4. Why would they release a game with this kind of issue? They immediately just said they're going to release an update for it. So they knew it was an issue when they released the game but released it anyway. The company is a joke. It's not just a little lag. It's unplayable. It's like watching a flip book. And the rhythm racing has 12 riders, which, when all the AI are aiming for you, it's chaos unless you get the holeshot and hold the lead.

As far as OEM bikes, if you bought them on ps3, they'll transfer to ps4, so they claim. We will see. Same goes with track purchases.
2thefront
10/29/2015 12:06pm
Too arcade for me. I don't like the oversized tracks.
mb
10/29/2015 12:12pm
The original MX Unleashed has better physics. Dust off your PS2 and see for yourself.
zehn
10/29/2015 12:24pm
mb wrote:
The original MX Unleashed has better physics. Dust off your PS2 and see for yourself.
I still play Unleashed regularly, so I don't need a refresher.

IMO, the only thing about Unleashed that is better than Supercross/Encore is the rider movements and size relative to the bikes. The scale of the tracks is even more ridiculous than Supercross
40Plus_922mx
10/29/2015 12:46pm
The rider in that video does not know how to ride the bike. His first error is he that doesn't push the front wheel down into the backside of the jumps upon landing. Secondly you can rotate the whip to look way more natural.

P.S.Reflex will NEVER be updated. It is gone for ever get over it. This company has some really cools stuff in the works. They are also listening to the gaming public and trying very hard to accommodate them.

Here is a better video of the whip. Yes still needs some work. But it is getting better.

Jroc
Fantasy
2490th
10/29/2015 12:58pm
mb wrote:
I still have all the old mx games and unleashed was great for the time but I don't think it handles better than supercross. It's way too twitchy.
mb
10/29/2015 1:09pm
Keep the joystick pulled back 100% of the time. Rotate it toward where you want to turn but always keep it pulled back to the max. Super stable after that, rider is fluid. Does what you want when you want to.
flatout111
10/29/2015 1:47pm Edited Date/Time 10/29/2015 2:05pm
Encore looks like an improvement over Supercross. Having a more toned down clutch would be extremely welcome.

I'm okay with a simcade but with Supercross the series went backwards, being inferior to both Reflex and Alive. Hopefully Encore starts to reverse the trend.

My favorite MX/SX games are still MXGP and EA Supercross/EA Supercross 2000 and Reflex. Reflex is the best of the MVA series, though Alive's Stewart Compound is the best thing the developer has made. The rest of Alive's tracks pretty much are kinda meh, though. Not really excited they brought those tracks to Encore as the Alive Nationals were pretty poor other than the outstanding JS7 stuff.
MX45
10/29/2015 2:03pm
Here's a quick breakdown to help you perfect your whips.

* Right Stick Left/Right = Bike roll (leaning left or right in air)
* Right Stick Forward/Back = Bike pitch (front end rise and fall)
* Left Stick Left/Right = Bike Yaw (pivot rotation)
* Left Stick Forward/Back = does nothing

There is some ~10-20% crossfade across sticks/axis in various circumstances, but that's the basic dissection for both in-air and on-ground driving with two thumbsticks.

Now, apply that.

1) Go in the air, and lead first with the right stick by pulling back and lean over. This should get you "whipped".

2) Now to straighten out from here, it is mostly done with the Left Stick Yaw rotation with the Left Stick to get pointed in the right direction. Add in a little Right Stick to correct your lean and you should be able to land straight with practice.

That's the simplified breakdown. Give it a try.

Also, the Stock and Upgrade chassis have auto whip correction enabled. Stop applying input, and the bike will attempt to re-orient itself.
The factory chassis has no auto-correction. You are left to manipulate your whip bases purely on the inputs I described above.
flatout111
10/29/2015 2:07pm
Thanks for the tutorial, Mike! And, btw, the MEC track/game presentation was super sweet. Hope that comes to Encore soon.
mmcmx
10/29/2015 2:14pm
The rider in that video does not know how to ride the bike. His first error is he that doesn't push the front wheel down into...
The rider in that video does not know how to ride the bike. His first error is he that doesn't push the front wheel down into the backside of the jumps upon landing. Secondly you can rotate the whip to look way more natural.

P.S.Reflex will NEVER be updated. It is gone for ever get over it. This company has some really cools stuff in the works. They are also listening to the gaming public and trying very hard to accommodate them.

Here is a better video of the whip. Yes still needs some work. But it is getting better.

I'll keep playing the old reflex thanks

Post a reply to: MX vs ATV Supercross Encore

The Latest